A Little Ipod Help Plz

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Spidervlad
Right, so I got a new comp, I have 276 songs on my ipod saved on the other comp. Right, so I tried deleting the ones I didn't need, ended up with 76. Now question, how the hell do I transfer them to my other computer? Normal disks can only save up to 20 maximum, and I don't want to throw out 4 disks just like that. Is there any website which can upload 300mb? If not, plz give me advice on how to do this thing.

Lana
Just copy them off your iPod onto the new computer.

Spidervlad
How do I do that? When I plug in my ipod it asks me if I want to link it to the library on this computer. If I say yes it erases all of the songs, I say no then it doesn't let me do anything to the songs.

Lana
Say no. Then go to My Computer and look for a drive that says "Removable Disc", that's your iPod. Go in there and make sure your computer's set to show hidden files, and copy all the folders that are named with numbers -- those are the ones the music's in. Load it all into iTunes then go to Advanced > Consolidate. That'll move all the files to your My Music folder and rename them so the files aren't named as gibberish.

I've done this 4 times, it works stick out tongue though when you go to update your iPod, you'll have to recopy EVERYTHING...which if you have a lot of music takes a while. Last time I did it it took about a half hour to recopy ~2300 songs.

Spidervlad
Which folder in itunes do I copy all of the music?

Lana
What do you mean?

If you're asking which folders to copy off the iPod, all the ones that are named with numbers.

If you're asking where to save them to on your PC, it doesn't matter.

If you mean which folders do you add to your iTunes...all the ones you've copied from your iPod.

Spidervlad
I got it, only problem is that they all are saved in a folder in my music, which means I gotta go into each seperate folder?

Spidervlad
Got over that prob, only problem left is that some of the names are still jibberish.

Lana
Yeah, that happens sometimes. You'll just have to manually rename those files.

Nevermind
Or you could just use Copypod. erm

Bloigen
Or waste 4 discs.

Lana
Originally posted by Nevermind
Or you could just use Copypod. erm

Or just copy the files off your iPod...which literally takes about five seconds to do, the only thing that takes a while is moving the files themselves if there's a lot of them.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.