Knights of the Old Republic Comic Series

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mišt
Im pretty sure I saw this thread somewhere before, but Ill be damned trying to search "Kotor" in the Eu forum..

So anyone collecting this series? I just bought #0, #1 and #4 today, been pretty cool so far. (And no, theres no goddamn Revan, so all fanboys leave now).

Jonathan Mark
Zayne is an interesting character I thought.

amuninam
Do you think that he could possibly be the Exile?

Jonathan Mark
Originally posted by amuninam

No...

Seriously I just doesn't add up.

1. Zayne is an upstart padawn accused of murder.

2. He's for sure no general.

3. He refused to join in the wars.

amuninam
You're probably right. I just thought it would be an interesting twist if it turned out that he really was The Exile.

Jonathan Mark

Jonathan Mark
You're probably right. I just thought it would be an interesting twist if it turned out that he really was The Exile.
Double Post...

It's funny there are people who think Zayne is Revan... how they could think that is beyond me.

amuninam
Why would they think he is Revan? Darth Revan was called Revan before he became a sith.

Jonathan Mark
Why would they think he is Revan? Darth Revan was called Revan before he became a sith.

I have not a clue.

Janus Marius
Wishful thinking? I've read the first two comics of the series. I wasn't really impressed.

Jonathan Mark
Originally posted by Janus Marius
Wishful thinking? I've read the first two comics of the series. I wasn't really impressed.

I was dissapointed that they had to pull some new character out the blue. It would have been cooler had they followed Revan through the wars.

Janus Marius
Definately. I expected them to elaborate on the KotOR storyline, not just cash in on its name.

Mišt
No no and goddamn it no...I said all Revan fanboys get out. KOTOR is an ERA, not a single storyline following 5 or 6 people from the game.

Now seriously, how often do you guys get outside and get fresh air? You have read/played other SW things before right? Yes? No?

No, but I do think you're possibly an idiot. And a restricted one at that.

Originally posted by Jonathan Mark
Hey did you buy them at a comic shop? I can't find them at any bookstores. I've had to stick to reading them online.

Yeah, I hadnt seen them before, but it was up to #4 so Im guessing its been out a while. Theres also a new Rebellion series, set just after ANH.

Originally posted by Janus Marius
Definately. I expected them to elaborate on the KotOR storyline, not just cash in on its name.

They could have called it A Horse, A Shoelace and The Adventures of the Mystical Lightsaber Battery for all I care and I still would have bought it. Its set during the Mandolorian War in KOTOR, before the shit in the game.

Theres a lot more going on in the timeline than the crap from the game. For one thing, I liked reading about various Jedi who were going off the fight in the war. If I want to know crap about Revan, Ill play the game. If I want to know crap about the era, Ill read the comics.

My god, you fanboys sicken me.

Traya
Seriously Mist, you just made yourself look like an *******.

Expanding on the game background, and the KotOR backstory isn't an unreasonable thing. But then accusing anyone who wants to hear some more stuff about Revan is just...moronic.

Mišt
Never said it was unreasonable, but theres more to the era than whats going on in the games. Revan is one character in his little story frame. Its about time they expanded on stuff outside of what we've already seen. Just because something has KOTOR slapped onto it doesnt mean it has to follow whats already been shown. Its getting tiresome really, seeing 'zOMG Revan is teh ru|3r of teh u/\/iv3r$3!!' all the time.

I dont care if they make a backstory comic set on the game, the only reason I took more interest into this series was because it wasnt set around the game, but rather the timeframe around the game.

Search every KOTOR thread here and all you'll find is something related to boring, overrated Revan and Exile.

Etc etc rant rant blah blah.

Back on topic:
What issue are you guys up to?

Jonathan Mark
I was up to 3#

Revolver Ocelot
hai guyz wats going on in dis comiks??!11 revan is teh pwnzor he lvl 20 50strength 50 wisdom i hax is he in dis comik? yo he sooo badass lawl. kotor is lame w/0 the dark revan

Mišt
yawn

No need to further prove your lack of intelligence with lame attempts at acting retarded. I already know you're stupid. Try this one: Act smart. I know it'll be tough, but god will be with youtouched

Janus Marius
http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/4066/455gl.jpg

Seriously, blow me, Mist. I never once made a fanboy statement, nor did I make anything to warrant your assinine blow up. I actually rather thought you were a cool guy until today. But I guess I was wrong and you're the type to fly off the handle and start calling people names. Well, whatever. You do that. Just keep in mind that if you pull that shit with me again, I'll retaliate in kind. I've never done anything to you to warrant that. This is ridiculous.

Mišt

Revolver Ocelot

Belegűr

Nactous

zephiel7
Yah, like it or not, you're running into Revan at some point in those comics

Jonathan Mark
Originally posted by zephiel7
We don't know that...

Mišt
Originally posted by Nactous
Ouch Mist, btw, I have done this thred many times, and the comics about to arch into the Mandalorian War era.

Dude that got resolved like 5mins afterwards...
And I said theres no way Im searching the EU forum for 'KOTOR'.

Originally posted by zephiel7

How do you know? The Jedi are only just leaving their masters to fight in the war. You dont even know the comics will follow into that side of it, it could just follow a different story arc that has nothing to do with the war, like it already has. And so far its been far more interesting than more Revan crap. You guys already know what happened, and the parts that werent elaborated on in the game arent even important. He was a Jedi, wanted to fight in the war, found about the Star Forge, went off to find it, disappeared, came back a Sith etc etc....why would you want to read all that crap...again after playing the game? I dont know why you guys find Revan/Exile/Nihilus so awe inspiring, they are just plain boring after a while.

Does anyone else here have the original Tales of the Jedi KOTOR comic? How far before this series is it set?

Jonathan Mark

zephiel7
Well the KOTOR era is pretty much stamped with Revan, at least after the games. It would make sense that Revans' name at least appears once. He was the figurehead of the Republic armies, and due to his tactics, he pretty much won the war.

Whether Zayne likes him or not is up to the author. But it would be unbelievable that one the time's greatest hero and conqueror didn't have his name mentioned.

Mišt
The Jedi were only just leaving to fight, Revan is just another Jedi now, wont become significant until later on in the wars. Revan hasnt attained the title of hero as of yet, the only thing they'd do even if they did mention Revan was just make note of an influential Jedi leading Jedi to fight...theres nothing further to elaborate on at this point.

And you keep saying Revan was a 'he', as far as I remember Revan's gender was undisclosed, so even mentioning 'him' would be stupid.

BLAK FOX
Canonically, Revan was male.

Nactous
He was a man, baby.

Jonathan Mark
Originally posted by Nactous
He was a man, baby.
No actually they decided to make him a hermaphidte to appease both sexes. no expression

BLAK FOX
lol

zephiel7

Nactous
"Oh yeah, a man baby."

Kazenji
Looks like Revan has made an apperence but you don't really see his face.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Kazenji
Looks like Revan has made an apperence but you don't really see his face.

No you don't.. I hope they do reveal what he looks like eventually

Captain REX
I don't think they will show his face, in order not to conflict with the KOTOR game in that you can choose for him to look however you want him to look. Good idea adding that mask for him to wear, though; no more empty hoods look for the Revanchist.

Since this thread was used little to actually discuss the comics... what was the overall opinion of the Covenant storyline? I quite liked it, and it all concluded very well.

Dr McBeefington
Definitely one of the better storylines of the comic books. I liked Haazen's sith allegiances but they did little with that.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Captain REX
I don't think they will show his face, in order not to conflict with the KOTOR game in that you can choose for him to look however you want him to look. Good idea adding that mask for him to wear, though; no more empty hoods look for the Revanchist.

Since this thread was used little to actually discuss the comics... what was the overall opinion of the Covenant storyline? I quite liked it, and it all concluded very well.

I liked the storyline.. Hopefully there will be more good stories like that in the future

alterangel
Im fairly certain zayne is either sion or nihilus.

Kazenji
I liked the "Vindication" story epsecally with Hazaan how he had this big plan behind the jedi covenants backs.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by alterangel
Im fairly certain zayne is either sion or nihilus.

how so?

Wolverine2179
Will nihilus or sion ever make an appearence in the comics?

Eminence
Sion's been alluded to several times, and several people here were fully convinced that he was either Haazen or Lucien, the former looking the part and the latter supposedly being destined to become "a Lord of Pain," with the titles Luzion and Sion being suggested to him by Haazen.

Autokrat
Sion was a Sith Warrior in service to Exar Kun who was killed during the war and then decided to fvuck death. The shit about Lucien was just red herring on part of JJM.

Knights of the Old Republic Campaign Guide

Captain REX
I'm sure that prominent Sith will make appearances in the comics.

However, Haazen turned out to be one of my favorite Dark Side villains. The man managed to manipulate the Jedi Order into turning on itself briefly, and from the inside. Kun did it from without, and most of the other Sith just through their minions at the Jedi in hopes of destroying them all. I'm a sucker for manipulation.

I do think they intentionally goaded us into thinking that Lady Draay would be Darth Traya and that Haazen would be Darth Sion, of course, but it all came off well.

Kazenji
Pretty good with what they did with Demagol him switching bodies, I thought it was Rohlan all that time.

REXXXX
Indeed, that threw me for a loop.

I am extremely saddened that the end of the Demagol arc will mark the end of the KOTOR comic series, however. It has been announced that #50 is to be the last issue of its very much enjoyed run.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by REXXXX
Indeed, that threw me for a loop.

I am extremely saddened that the end of the Demagol arc will mark the end of the KOTOR comic series, however. It has been announced that #50 is to be the last issue of its very much enjoyed run.

ITA

Kazenji
Shame we won't get to see Revan become who he is.

Shey Tapani
There is going to be an another series.

REXXXX
The people behind KOTOR are making a new series, yes, but we don't know that it will be related to this story.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Shey Tapani
There is going to be an another series.

Link ?

BruceSkywalker
The people behind KOTOR are making a new series, yes, but we don't know that it will be related to this story.

if not, than i would like to see it involve some of the characters and just maybe create a few new ones

Tsal Can

Who, JJM? He hasnt said anything about it yet.

REXXXX
He mentioned that he's moving on to new projects, but I suppose that could be anything, not just Star Wars.

Autokrat
That would be really cool if they did another series focusing more on the Mandalorian Wars.

Give it the same kind of treatment as the Clone Wars. Lots of details and specific battles. Plenty of story material there they could use without involving Revan (if they have issues with that.)

Malak seems like the chief spokesperson anyways.

Tsal Can
He mentioned that he's moving on to new projects, but I suppose that could be anything, not just Star Wars.

He did mention something else, but kind of just left it up in the air. Nice guy though, met him back in 07 and we chat every once and a while.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.