Best use of prep

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Crease
Who in all of comics makes the best use of prep? I'm talking short term (a few hours to a week) and long (months to years). I've come up with a short list, feel free to add any I've left out.

1. Thanos
2. Reed Richards
3. Lex Luthor
4. Batman
5. V (V for Vandetta)
6. Dr. Strange
7. Deathstroke
8. Darth Sidious
9. Tony Stark
10. Dr. Doom

spideycarnage
reed

Murda Mase
Alexander Luthor

Etrigan
Ozymandias, fool!

But Batman, Lex and Thanos come close behind.

Thanos_6383
Thanos is good with prep.But I don't know about him being top dog

Grimm22
The only real thing i've seen Batman do with prep is pwn Superman in Hush.

Of course thats no small feat either.

badabing
Doom should be near the top.

Grimm22
Originally posted by badabing
Doom should be near the top.

Damn forgot about Doom.

Yeah Doom pretty much would be at least in the top 5.

Heck he defeated the freakin' Beyonder with Prep! I would like to see Batman do that.

Superherovandal
you should add Alex Luthor Jr. he definitely would be top 5

superman41082
Originally posted by Grimm22
Damn forgot about Doom.

Yeah Doom pretty much would be at least in the top 5.

Heck he defeated the freakin' Beyonder with Prep! I would like to see Batman do that.

Guys, they're all great. This one is going to depend on the situation. All these guys are good, and all of them are best at what they do. If it's detective work that you need, it'll be Batman, etc. etc. There's no need to invalidate any of them, because they're all great. It's going to come down to the nature of the task.

NoFate007
Reed, Luthor, Batman, and Doom are the top 4. #1 is probably Batman or Reed.

superman41082
Originally posted by superman41082
Guys, they're all great. This one is going to depend on the situation. All these guys are good, and all of them are best at what they do. If it's detective work that you need, it'll be Batman, etc. etc. There's no need to invalidate any of them, because they're all great. It's going to come down to the nature of the task.

What I said minus these guys.......

5. V (V for Vandetta)
6. Dr. Strange
7. Deathstroke
8. Darth Sidious
9. Tony Stark

Crease
My order would be:

Long term prep
1. Thanos of Titan
2. Darth Sidious
3. Bats
4. Lex Luthor
5 V
6.Doom...Can't think of ay long term feats for the other guys.

Short term prep
1.Reed
2. Thanos of Titan
3. Doom/Strange
4. Bats
5. Luthor
6. Tony Stark...It gets hazy after this, and I don't know eough of Deathstroke to place him.

Superherovandal
Long term prep Alex Luthor should definitely be top five.

Crease
Originally posted by Superherovandal
Long term prep Alex Luthor should definitely be top five.

I'll have to take your word on it...never read anything with him in it.

Superherovandal
he planned the entire Infinite Crisis. all of it.

Crease
Just finished reading Infinite Crisis...Alexander Luthor is definitely #1 with long-term prep...Wow.

rotiart
Marvel
LongTerm, I'd say Thanos. 1. Thanos. He knew about the HOTU during the Infinity Abyss saga, but didn't do anything about it until Marvel: The End. He knew what players to grab when Warlocks good and bad sides went bonkers. He also grabbed "supreme" power 3 times.

Shortterm, Doctor Strange. In the Infinity Gauntlet series, he knew he'd have to fight Adam Warlock so he grabbed all of his most powerful artifacts and used the Eye of Agamotto to hide them. And was able to overcome the powers of the infinity gauntlets with shortterm prep.

DC
Longterm
It'd be a tossup between Lex Luthor and Alex Luthor. Lex planned for the eventual dead of Alex by Joker.

Shortterm, batman. That guys got mad detective analytical skills.

bigbran
lex luthor.
http://www.superdickery.com/science/18.html

Whittdawg92
thanos and Dr. doom are cool so i pick them.

Blair Wind
Short term prep?

shifty
Shaman.....he can just pull whatever the hell he wants from his pouch, plus the magic that he knows without it......

bigbran
puck.

Darth Martin
Long Term

1.Thanos
2.Dr.Doom
3.Lex Luthor
4.Reed Richards
5.Deathstroke
6.Batman
7.Tony Stark/Forge
8.V
9.Darth Sidious

Short Term

1.Dr.Doom
2.Batman
3.V
4.Reed Richards
5.Deathstroke
6.Thanos
7.Tony Stark
8.Lex Luthor
9.Darth Sidious

Why is Darth Sidious in this?

Apolloknight
Err, Black Panther and Iron man fought before, both had prep and BP came out on top......so...........

bigbran
Originally posted by Darth Martin
Long Term

1.Thanos
2.Dr.Doom
3.Lex Luthor
4.Reed Richards
5.Deathstroke
6.Batman
7.Tony Stark/Forge
8.V
9.Darth Sidious

Short Term

1.Dr.Doom
2.Batman
3.V
4.Reed Richards
5.Deathstroke
6.Thanos
7.Tony Stark
8.Lex Luthor
9.Darth Sidious

Why is Darth Sidious in this? actually, have you seen lex with prep?

Darth Martin
That's one feat.

celestialdemon
McGuyver rules all!

celestialdemon
Seriously, in my top 5:

Thanos
Batman
Doom
Reed
Luthor Jr.

Darth Martin
Wheres Forge or BP on the list.

MJOILNIR
Reed or Luthor. They just seem to be more impressive with thier prep to me.

HisMajestyAC43
thanos, reed richards, victor doom, alexander luthor, and bruce wayne are my top five... batman was iffy though, he's more of a short term guy to me.

Blair Wind
Originally posted by Blair Wind
Short term prep?

shifty
Shaman.....he can just pull whatever the hell he wants from his pouch, plus the magic that he knows without it......

no expression

Scoobless
Originally posted by Apolloknight
Err, Black Panther and Iron man fought before, both had prep and BP came out on top......so...........

Hell.... Black Panther owned Mephisto with prep..... considering the power difference between the two that may be one of the greatest uses of prep ever

But on a regular basis Iron Man would still be a little ahead of BP

Apolloknight
Originally posted by Scoobless
Hell.... Black Panther owned Mephisto with prep..... considering the power difference between the two that may be one of the greatest uses of prep ever

But on a regular basis Iron Man would still be a little ahead of BP

How, Tony doesn't have the Tech BP does, remember, BP had Stark Speechless when he first entered Wakandia! wink

Scoobless
That was a long time ago, Stark is constantly upgrading and sporadically gains the advantages of obtaining alien tech

Them point is, Stark is better at using what he's got to overcome most situations

Wynndar
Ironman has a lot of nice feats but he relies on a much more powerful "costume" than BP when it comes to their "powers". Purely using prep BP has single handedly beaten Mephisto, Magneto, the F4, etc and he's not even in the marvel spotlight 75% of the time.

rotiart
Originally posted by bigbran
lex luthor.

omg.. that reminds me of the mastercard macguyver commercial....

Priest
HMMM? did anyone forget reed knocked out LT with prep?

rotiart
That was a dream... in reeds head... when he was high... on mushrooms.

thisredbox
Originally posted by bigbran
lex luthor.

wow. wheres mr. wizard when you need him...? confused

MJOILNIR
What about Vandall Savage?

bigbran
what about hulk?

Crease
Originally posted by Darth Martin
Long Term

1.Thanos
2.Dr.Doom
3.Lex Luthor
4.Reed Richards
5.Deathstroke
6.Batman
7.Tony Stark/Forge
8.V
9.Darth Sidious

Short Term

1.Dr.Doom
2.Batman
3.V
4.Reed Richards
5.Deathstroke
6.Thanos
7.Tony Stark
8.Lex Luthor
9.Darth Sidious

Why is Darth Sidious in this?

Over the course of 80 or so years Darth Sidious bought about the end of both the Republic AND the Jedi Order, both which had stood for THOUSANDS of years...

Apolloknight
Originally posted by Wynndar
Ironman has a lot of nice feats but he relies on a much more powerful "costume" than BP when it comes to their "powers". Purely using prep BP has single handedly beaten Mephisto, Magneto, the F4, etc and he's not even in the marvel spotlight 75% of the time.

yes

K3VIL
Thanos is the top dog.Outsmarting Mephisto means you are more keen and intelligent than someone who's around from, what, thousands of millennia?Million years?
Dr. Doom and Lex Luthor are on the same ranking, both them humans who used their intelligence, money and tech to be planetary threats.
Despite Luthor being more a mastermind and avoid direct contact with the target, he's still a one man army.Fighting LL is like facing a freaking nation, same for Doom, who's a ruler of a whole nation, and he's also a threat for cosmic beings when he has prep on his side.
Batman, well, I like him not for extensive prep and great tactics he can pull out, but for his being a great escapologist and his skill into risolving deadly situations in few minutes.
He survived the assault of the white martians, figured out who they were, while none of the JLA members even tought about it, not even GL who got a power ring which contains many informations.
And then what he does?
Does Bats go recruiting some of Earth heroes to free the JLA?
No, he does it all by himself.He enter in the WM fortress, destroy the drones, beat the crap outta 4 of them, gaving time to Supes and the rest of the JLA to broke free.
Man, you gotta love reading Protex claiming:
Batman?He's just a man, what can he do alone?
Meanwhile Supes was smiling like: You're gonna get your ass beaten!

ThePittman
Reed all the way from normal story lines to What If's.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.