Mexico to decriminalize many drugs

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth_Erebus
Good for Mexico. Now if only the US would do the same

Soleran
If the USA allowed cocaine and heroin to be legal I would raise hell. However I say make marijuana legal and put it in with alcohol and tobacco and tax it then we also get another crop for farmers to raisesmile

Cocaine and heroin though is crazy.....................

Darth_Erebus
Originally posted by Soleran
If the USA allowed cocaine and heroin to be legal I would raise hell. However I say make marijuana legal and put it in with alcohol and tobacco and tax it then we also get another crop for farmers to raisesmile

Cocaine and heroin though is crazy.....................

Read it again..they are not legalizing it, only decriminalizing it, and in very small amounts.

Soleran
"Under the legislation, police will not penalize people for possessing up to 5 grams of marijuana, 5 grams of opium, 25 milligrams of heroin or 500 milligrams of cocaine"

Absolutely what was I thinking, the semantics of the bill makes it such that if you have it, its ok. Which very literally is legalizing it in amounts that are thought to be not for distribution.

PVS
who cares? mexican weed is dirt.

JacopeX
Originally posted by Darth_Erebus
Good for Mexico. Now if only the US would do the same I agree. good move by Mexico. And yea, US shouldve done this many years ago but there caught up on so called "OTHER" problems.

lil bitchiness
Good for Mexico. Now if only the US would do the same Good on Mexico!!

In England they are looking to pass a smiliar law. I think you would be able to carry certain drugs, in certain amounds. I think around 19 lines of coke worth and i dont know how many splifs.

I hope this goes on in England...

Bardock42
I wonder what would happen if one legalizes all drugs...

BackFire
Lot's of overdoses, lots of people dying, lowering the population. Sounds like a good strategy.

Bardock42
Originally posted by BackFire
Lot's of overdoses, lots of people dying, lowering the population. Sounds like a good strategy.

Why do you thinkl there would be so much mroe overdosing...?

PVS

lord knows the law keeps people from getting lit. worked with alcohol didnt it....oh wait.....

Janus Marius
Good. Now all those kids can go down to Mexico and drink, party, and do drugs during Spring Break.

PVS
Originally posted by Janus Marius
Good. Now all those kids can go down to Mexico and drink, party, and do drugs during Spring Break.

laughing out loud yeah, this changes everything doesnt it?

now kids wont have to slip an officer a $20 bill to look the other way when they puff a blunt.

JacopeX
Lot's of overdoses, lots of people dying, lowering the population. Sounds like a good strategy. I agree 50/50 on that. I think to decrease are worlds population, we die. Every 5 seconds, someone in the world dies of smoking

PVS
no, they die of diseases LINKED to smoking, which may or may not be the cause of such diseases per individual. if someone smokes and dies of lung cancer, its chalked up as being caused by smoking. if someone dies of lung cancer and never smoked, its bumped out of the equation.

im not denying that smoking leads to illness and even death, but please dont post loaded and fixed statistics because they mean nothing.

debbiejo
Wow, everyone will want to go there for spring break now.......hmmm

Janus Marius
Originally posted by PVS
laughing out loud yeah, this changes everything doesnt it?

now kids wont have to slip an officer a $20 bill to look the other way when they puff a blunt.

Usually wadding a bunch of ones with a twenty on top works for even the best situations. Just make sure you're out of there when the guy unwinds it.

Jacope learns that correlation is not causation... or does he?

Quiero Mota
Originally posted by PVS
who cares? mexican weed is dirt.

It is. L.A. Chronic and Thai is the best.

PVS
then you never sampled hawaiian bud droolio

DiamondBullets
thumb up Aloha malaka'aina!

Janus Marius
Now everyone here will switch their locations to Mexico just to be "cool".

Capt_Fantastic
holy shit, But! you speak for us.

holy shit......I know you'll save me,

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Originally posted by Bardock42
I wonder what would happen if one legalizes all drugs...

Have you read 'High Society' by Ben Elton? If not, you should. It's one of his better books...

Go Mexico! El Skippito Friskito must be doing his nut! Wake, bake, lunch, munch, dinner, blimmer, toke, siesta, never better.

lord xyz
Good for Mexico. Now if only the US would do the same good for them. If things are legal, it's not that fun to take. Things are only bad when people say they're bad. Following what people say is a very bad thing.

Originally posted by Ya Krunk'd Floo
Have you read 'High Society' by Ben Elton? If not, you should. It's one of his better books...

Go Mexico! El Skippito Friskito must be doing his nut! Wake, bake, lunch, munch, dinner, blimmer, toke, siesta, never better. Ben Elton = Comedy God.

The Omega
It's a step in the right direction.

Since crime happens, since drug-using happens, it shows that you can't make something go away by making it illegal anyways.

Soleran
Originally posted by The Omega
It's a step in the right direction.

Since crime happens, since drug-using happens, it shows that you can't make something go away by making it illegal anyways.

Looking the other way isn't the best answer either I mean heroin, opium, cocaine? Those aren't hard drugs that create addictions that cause a great many further problems in society. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Bardock42
Looking the other way isn't the best answer either I mean heroin, opium, cocaine? Those aren't hard drugs that create addictions that cause a great many further problems in society. roll eyes (sarcastic)

But they exist anyways, so why not make them legal? That way one can control it vetter. Tax it. And well, seems to have just advantages.

Soleran
But they exist anyways, so why not make them legal? That way one can control it vetter. Tax it. And well, seems to have just advantages.

Mexico isn't doing that they just took away criminal offense for possesion of certain amounts. Because something exists doesn't mean we should allow it to happen or occur.

Bardock42
Mexico isn't doing that they just took away criminal offense for possesion of certain amounts. Because something exists doesn't mean we should allow it to happen or occur.

I know Mexico doesn't do that. i think ti should. Also, I think what people do to their own bidy shouldn't be anyone elses business.

The Omega

I suppose you mean "are", huh?
Yes, heroin, opium and cocaine are hard drugs that cause addictions and problems - how very perceptive of you.
And how exactly is it helping to reduce the problems by having these drugs being illegal?
Who says we should look the other way? Cigarettes are dangerous and addictive. They are legal - is that looking the other way? I thought there were plenty of information to show users how dangerous their drug is...
The number of people smoking is dropping daily.
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Bardock42
Yes, heroin, opium and cocaine are hard drugs that cause addictions and problems - how very perceptive of you.
And how exactly is it helping to reduce the problems by having these drugs being illegal?
Who says we should look the other way? Cigarettes are dangerous and addictive. They are legal - is that looking the other way? I thought there were plenty of information to show users how dangerous their drug is...
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Thanks to the deadliness?

Soleran
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Seriously addicting drugs with seriously mind altering affects are significantly different then cigarette addiction, thats just a crap comparison.

Its a common news flash to hear about hardcore cigarette smokers commiting crimes such as murder, stealing, etc to continue to fund their habbit huh....................

I commonly see heroin or opium addicts functioning well and productive in society as well don't you? I suppose the mood altering affects of these drugs don't cause or have the ability to cause significant other crimes or illegal activites to occur as well.

How ridiculous is it to read about anyone being happy that crazy drugs like heroin, opium and cocaine are being allowed for possesion simply because making them illegal doesn't stop them from being used.

Quiero Mota
Seriously addicting drugs with seriously mind altering affects are significantly different then cigarette addiction, thats just a crap comparison.

It is a crap comparison, Omega. Porque there are people in their 70's who have been smoking since they were teenagers and in relatively good health. But crack heads, junkies , and meth heads rarely make it to 40, porque some kind of shit always ends happening to their asses; like getting shot , stabbed, or OD'ing in the bathroom and then they're found with a needle in their arm the next day. They always need their fix and place it above all other priorities. I've seen it with my own eyes. Tobacco cannot be compared to hard shit, ey.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Quiero Mota
It is a crap comparison, Omega. Porque there are people in their 70's who have been smoking since they were teenagers and in relatively good health. But crack heads, junkies , and meth heads rarely make it to 40, porque some kind of shit always ends happening to their asses; like getting shot , stabbed, or OD'ing in the bathroom and then they're found with a needle in their arm the next day. They always need their fix and place it above all other priorities. I've seen it with my own eyes. Tobacco cannot be compared to hard shit, ey.

Well, the getting shot and stabbed is probably closely connected to the illegality of the drug though.

Quiero Mota
Not necessarily the point, ese. When was the last time you heard of someone OD'ing on tobacco?

Bardock42
Not necessarily the point, ese. When was the last time you heard of someone OD'ing on tobacco?

Not the point, ese. When was the last time you heard someone getting shot for Alcohol, stabbed for Tobacco?

Quiero Mota
Bottom line: Hard shit cannot be compared to tobacco.

Bardock42
Bottom line: Hard shit cannot be compared to tobacco.

Bottom Line Illegal drugs cannot be compared to legal drugs....

Quiero Mota
Um, no. The only reason a specific drug is legal or illegal is because the authorities say so.

Say hard shit was legal just like tobacco: cigarettes, chew, and dip will not cause one to OD, like crack, smack, angel dust, or meth.

Bardock42
Um, no. The only reason a specific drug is legal or illegal is because the authorities say so.

Say hard shit was legal just like tobacco: cigarettes, chew, and dip will not cause one to OD, like crack, smack, angel dust, or meth.

Yes, that's obviously true. But on the other hand it is impossible to overdose on Marijuhana, and it is possible to OD Alcohol. So that can't really be the reason, can it?

Soleran
Yes, that's obviously true. But on the other hand it is impossible to overdose on Marijuhana, and it is possible to OD Alcohol. So that can't really be the reason, can it?

No which is why I also positioned the behaviors associated with addiction of heroin,opium, cocaine. Someone in a nic fit more then likely isn't going to compromise their place in life for a hit. The other drugs I explained earlier can and have these effects on people.

The Omega

Soleran
So Omega how often are you around people that are drug addicts to see what it can do?

I read alot of probably's in there as well, something I learned a long time ago is to make things easier and more accesable doesn't dilute the problem but now you can facilitate their "needs."

Quiero Mota
So Omega how often are you around people that are drug addicts to see what it can do?

Exactly, how many crack heads and meth heads have you known/ been in your family?

debbiejo
Wow...Omega's using quotes.....She's not special anymore.......lol

Bardock42

The Omega

Soleran

debbiejo
True...

Look! Omega's not using quotes anymore....

I'm sorry, I will leave

The Omega

Soleran

The Omega

KidRock
Whatever will keep the mexicans..in mexico, is fine with me.

Quiero Mota

Soleran

I read alot of probably's in there as well, something I learned a long time ago is to make things easier and more accesable doesn't dilute the problem but now you can facilitate their "needs."

Black Rob
Good for Mexico. Now if only the US would do the same i'm moving to Mexico!*hops on plane*

Dreampanther
Yee ha!
Yee ha!
and once more
Yee ha!

Wow, I am impressed, it only took Mexico until the year 2006 to figure out rather than wasting billions and billions of dollars on a war that can never be won, they are rather going to use the money to do something nice for their people, like buy them all a pizza (which they now will have the money to do, plus leave a nice tip!)

I wonder how long the US will take to wake up? Though, judging by some of the comments here, I guess I shouldn't hold my breath, I suspect most Americans still think prohibition was a good idea as well...

beer

Dreampanther
Oh, and just before you all start preaching at me, by the way, I did my post grad work about the discourses between pro-hemp and anti-hemp movements, so unless you anti-hemp/anti-decriminalisation people have some new arguments, don't bother. All you are doing is repeating the same indoctrinations I have heard a thousand times before

Soleran
Originally posted by Dreampanther
Oh, and just before you all start preaching at me, by the way, I did my post grad work about the discourses between pro-hemp and anti-hemp movements, so unless you anti-hemp/anti-decriminalisation people have some new arguments, don't bother. All you are doing is repeating the same indoctrinations I have heard a thousand times before

Fantastic clapping I'm sure you're very enlightened

Dreampanther
Yup. "Thanks to the use of hallucinogenic drugs - I can see right through you!"

smile

debbiejo
True, look at the "Super Size Me" video about McDonalds..........

sick

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.