What's John Carpenter's best work?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Comicbook_kid
I would have to say that John Carpenter is my favorite director of ALL TIME...I love almost all of his movies (some more than others), but his earlier films are my absolute favorite. What is your favorite John Carpenter films and what do you consider his best work to date?
I've listed 10 of what I consider his best films in the poll...vote for your favorite and if you don't see your favorite on the poll, list your favorite in a commentary and tell us why it's your favorite or why it's John's best work and why...

I didn't list some of John Carpenter's classics like "Big Trouble in Little China", "Dark Star", and "Assault on Precinct 13" due to space, but if you would like to vote for one of those, post a commentary telling us so and why it's your choice...

RogerRamjet
Dark Star was superb...along with Halloween, The Thing and The Fog i consider his best work...

deathbycorn
I liked In The Mouth of Madness.

beta-wolf_101
Halloween I would have to say.

Tired Hiker
For some reason The Thing just gels with me. Something about that dog.

MildPossession
Halloween, The Fog, The Thing and Assault on Precinct 13 are my favourites from the director. Everything else I wasn't keen on.

papabeard
QUOTE :

"Halloween, The Fog, The Thing and Assault on Precinct 13 are my favourites"

Agreed, I also liked Prince of Darkness and In The Mouth Of Madness.

Pandemoniac
The Thing, and also Escape from NY! Now that was a cool scenario.

Wolfie
They Live is a personal favorite of mine.

2D_MASTER
They Live, hands down.

BackFire
The Thing, followed by Mouth of Madness and Vampires.

Tired Hiker
Originally posted by 2D_MASTER
They Live, hands down.

Oh yeah, They Live had one of my favorite lines in movies. "I came here for two things, to chew bubble and kick ass, and I'm all out of bubble gum!" laughing out loud

Impediment
The Thing.

Wolfie
Originally posted by Tired Hiker
Oh yeah, They Live had one of my favorite lines in movies. "I came here for two things, to chew bubble and kick ass, and I'm all out of bubble gum!" laughing out loud
It has the best one-liners.

"Mama don't like tattle-tales!"

2D_MASTER
The long alley fight scene in They Live is the funniest sh%t in the world.

slayer
Halloween, The Fog, The Thing and I also really enjoyed prince of Darkness.

papabeard
Originally posted by 2D_MASTER
The long alley fight scene in They Live is the funniest sh%t in the world.

hahah, it goes on forever, that film is a stone cold classic. laughing out loud

Deano
they live, the thing, halloween, escape from new york, the fog

WrathfulDwarf
It's a three way tie for me:

Escape from New York
The Thing
Halloween

LizzyT123
The Thing has got to be his VERY BEST horror movie EVER

zizack
I can't come close to picking a favorite of his. he is my favorite director by far...

his scariest movie IMO is The Fog. something about that movie creeps me out big time.

The most entertaining is Big Trouble in Little China.

The coolest is They Live. Love the premise.

roughrider
Since this is the horror forum, it's OK to limit this to Carpenter's horror efforts.
It's Halloween for sure - one of the most influencial shockers ever made. And a great example of how to scare people without excessive gore.

ladygrim
I liked halloween and the fog out of that list

Kryzula
The Thing is my favorite John Carpenter film, so I'm going with that.

~ Kryzula

Dinalfos
Halloween, The thing, In the mouth of madness. All three are great films.

Kelly_LS
Originally posted by Comicbook_kid
I would have to say that John Carpenter is my favorite director of ALL TIME...I love almost all of his movies (some more than others), but his earlier films are my absolute favorite. What is your favorite John Carpenter films and what do you consider his best work to date?
I've listed 10 of what I consider his best films in the poll...vote for your favorite and if you don't see your favorite on the poll, list your favorite in a commentary and tell us why it's your favorite or why it's John's best work and why...

I didn't list some of John Carpenter's classics like "Big Trouble in Little China", "Dark Star", and "Assault on Precinct 13" due to space, but if you would like to vote for one of those, post a commentary telling us so and why it's your choice...
I haven't seen anything on the list other than Halloween and that was good so I'll vote that.

SelphieT
Halloween, The Thing, and In The Mouth of Madness were all amazing

vintageSW77
all of em minus Christine up till THEY LIVE

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.