Who's The Best ?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JOE NUNEZ
1 Thor 2 Superman 3 Silver Surfer Who takes the most wins, basically whos the best out of these three.

JOE NUNEZ
poor Thor..He needs more votes.

badabing
In this forum, it seems that speed kills. Anybody sticking up for The God of Thunder will get speed blitzes up the whazoo. Anyway, I vote SS for his energy manipulation, strength and speed via cosmic powers.

Someone may have a good argument for Thor.

badabing
Originally posted by Moderator
Thunderstrike might. I honestly would like to see Thor use his godlike speed and agility to the fullest. Moderator, find a new members to scare lately?Jumpyhysterical

FG725
Well I think Silver surfer wins but I think thor can take superman he took shazzam already

Originally posted by badabing
Thunderstrike might. I honestly would like to see Thor use his godlike speed and agility to the fullest. I told you I would close that thread yesterday, im fair but dont test my power.

badabing
Originally posted by FG725
Well I think Silver surfer wins but I think thor can take superman he took shazzam already
I know, he takes CM but loses to Supes. Supes even said CM is his equal. Go figure?

Originally posted by badabing
I know, he takes CM but loses to Supes. Supes even sais CM is his equal. Go figure? Cross over= crap

Mindship

There have been many good arguments for Thor. Apparently, Marvel wants Thor beating Surfer. These guys really are an excellent match, not just because their power is so high and diverse, but because they're also so different.

Anyway, why Marvel misses the obvious is beyond me. Surfer takes all (at least Wizard got it right).

badabing
Cross over= crap Co-sign.

JOE NUNEZ
Come on ! Thor fans ; Fight...........

superman41082
Silver Surfer would only win on paper. Supes is a more aggressive and resourceful fighter, and so is Thor. Thor has put him down every time they've faught. That should tell you something. Surfer is likely to forget he's in a fight.

Does anyone know if the answer to this? If Surfer wanted to, could he turn people, like Superman or Thor, into matter and eat them through his skin???

Oh yeah, and Supes takes Thor! Supes, Thor, Surfer(he's soft for how powerful he is, an anti-Batman. While Bats gets the maximum of his capabilities, Surfer seems to get the minimum)

badabing
The Surfer sayswar

Mindship
Originally posted by superman41082
...While Bats gets the maximum of his capabilities, Surfer seems to get the minimum)

Now that's an observation I can agree with. Nicely said.

GodofThunder
Well I think Thor could take this just not easily, yes they are quite fast but Thor has taken quite fast people in the past. Yes superman is supposed to be the "almighty one" in D.C comics but we all seem to forget his weakness to magic and Thor just happens to be dripping with the stuff. Superman<Magic. Ok so the Odin power owns supes. Also a constant bombardment of lighting is not going to feel to good. Wow silversurfer is pretty fast but we have already seen god-like reflexes for the god of thunder and he also can swing that hammer twice the speed of light thats pretty fast surfer isnt dodgin that also mann the surfer is strong but cant take to many hits he has mayby the power but Thor also does pretty good of absorbing that with his hammer. My vote THE MIGHTY NORSE GOD

aliveinboston
Originally posted by JOE NUNEZ
1 Thor 2 Superman 3 Silver Surfer Who takes the most wins, basically whos the best out of these three.

1) Thor: Manhandled surfer, surfer himself has said Thor is more powerful. Decades of Marvel history have been absolutely consistent on this. It should't be surprising as Thor almost killed the guy who created the Surfer.

2) Surfer: More powerful than Gladiator (superman clone)

3) Superman: Strong enough to take either of the other out with a lucky punch but has no other weapons worth mentioning.

These are three heavy weights. Like all true heavy weights they all have one punch knockout power. However in a pitched fight, however, the most powerful will usually (not always) come out on top. An berserk (or uninhibited) Thor could take both out at the same time. People shouldn't forget how easily Thor put down the Surfer before.

Mindship
Originally posted by aliveinboston
1) Thor: Manhandled surfer, surfer himself has said Thor is more powerful. Decades of Marvel history have been absolutely consistent on this. It should't be surprising as Thor almost killed the guy who created the Surfer...People shouldn't forget how easily Thor put down the Surfer before.

I've posted my reasoning on this more fully in other threads, so I will try and keep it brief here.

The second time Thor and Surfer fought, Thor had warrior madness, which increased his power tenfold. Even I--a die-hard, long-term Surfer fan, think Thor rightly won this.

The first time they fought, Surfer had already been considerably weakened via the sonic shark from FF#72. This was not a one-issue deal; Surfer had made several references to having only a fraction of his former power in several, subsequent FF issues, prior to him getting his own mag for the first time. Unfortunately, what clouds the question here is that, in his own mag, no mention of the sonic shark ever occurs; indeed, the Surfer-vs-Thor issue is written as if it never occurred at all.

As for Galactus...Thor had to prepare to release the power of Molneer (setting the hammer on a stand, preparing himself mentally; and if he tried to do that in a fight with Surfer, Surfer could take him out faster than Thor could blink). Galactus was also in a weakened state and later manhandled Thor as easily as Thor could manhandle one of us. I don't think anyone in this forum would seriously think that Thor could take on a full-powered Galactus.

In a prior post, superman41082 put it very well: "Surfer seems to get the minimum" of his capabilities.

leonidas
Originally posted by Mindship
The first time they fought, Surfer had already been considerably weakened via the sonic shark from FF#72. This was not a one-issue deal; Surfer had made several references to having only a fraction of his former power in several, subsequent FF issues, prior to him getting his own mag for the first time. Unfortunately, what clouds the question here is that, in his own mag, no mention of the sonic shark ever occurs; indeed, the Surfer-vs-Thor issue is written as if it never occurred at all.

yes

sorry, mindship, i still gots ta go with thor . . . it's still my belief that his energy control would be the deciding factor. and his magic. wink

they each win 3/10 but thor pulls out the decisive 4th in a ridiculously close match . . .

oh, and above, someone mentioned that ss>glads. in their only match up (non-canon) ss admitted they were almost exactly even and that their fight could last forever. onyl way ss was decidely above was that he was able to discern glad's weakness. that though, has nothing to do with actually overpowering glads . . .

DigiMark007
Thor has fought Surfer, right? And if I remember correctly it was a good fight. And anyone arguing for a Supes speed blitz will recall the crossover. Yeah, Supes won, but it was a damn close fight.

Thor's easily the most versatile. Supes beat him 1-on-1, but if I had to pick one of these three to watch my back in a fight without knowing who the opponent was, I'd pick Thor.

Mindship
Originally posted by leonidas
sorry, mindship, i still gots ta go with thor . . . it's still my belief that his energy control would be the deciding factor. and his magic. wink

they each win 3/10 but thor pulls out the decisive 4th in a ridiculously close match . . .

Oh, I knew you would show up sooner or later wink

Actually because of our previous debate, I always make it my business to give Thor his due...and whether I like it or not (and I don't), fact is, Marvel canon has him beating Surfer.

(stupid Marvel canon homer)

Yeah, and a word about Superman: never sell this guy short, ever! IMO, what makes him #3 in this scenario is that he has some very definite weaknesses which can be exploited, something Surfer and Thor really don't have. I think the 3/10, 3/10, 4/10 breakdown (and I ain't sayin' who gets what) is about as fair and as close as anyone can get.

Where are the Superman supporters?

elephant_man
the flash would beat them all.

Mindship
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Thor has fought Surfer, right? And if I remember correctly it was a good fight. And anyone arguing for a Supes speed blitz will recall the crossover. Yeah, Supes won, but it was a damn close fight.

Thor's easily the most versatile. Supes beat him 1-on-1, but if I had to pick one of these three to watch my back in a fight without knowing who the opponent was, I'd pick Thor.

I don't agree that Thor is the most versatile. Regardless, in many ways, Thor is written like Surfer: he's usually depicted not using the vast powers at his disposal. And I do think that on those grounds, Superman would defeat him. But bring all that dimensional energy, power-absorbing and magical stuff to bear (and I assume fan-driven Thor would if they all fought in this thread), as much as I like Superman, I have a hard time seeing him beat him.

I was gonna point out earlier that whenever Thor and Hulk fought, at best Thor has stalemated Hulk, whereas Surfer has always handled Hulk easily. But again, if Thor was written to full potential, he should be handling Hulk as easily as Surfer does (ie, less fisticuffs, more use of energy).

With Hulk or Superman, one does Not go toe-to-toe if one expects to come out a winner.

leonidas
Oh, I knew you would show up sooner or later wink

Actually because of our previous debate, I always make it my business to give Thor his due...and whether I like it or not (and I don't), fact is, Marvel canon has him beating Surfer.

(stupid Marvel canon homer)

laughing thanks, i think . . .

Yeah, and a word about Superman: never sell this guy short, ever! IMO, what makes him #3 in this scenario is that he has some very definite weaknesses which can be exploited, something Surfer and Thor really don't have. I think the 3/10, 3/10, 4/10 breakdown (and I ain't sayin' who gets what) is about as fair and as close as anyone can get.

Where are the Superman supporters?

yah, i'm surprised no supes guys (of which of course, i am one! big grin ) are really throwing their lot in. yet . . . shifty

but i think your reasons for not giving supes the majority are good ones.

aliveinboston
I've posted my reasoning on this more fully in other threads, so I will try and keep it brief here.

The second time Thor and Surfer fought, Thor had warrior madness, which increased his power tenfold. Even I--a die-hard, long-term Surfer fan, think Thor rightly won this.

Thor did not have warrior madness, he was insane, which is very different. The result was that he was not holding back for fear of killing. In fact, he almost killed the Surfer and Beta Ray Bill.

IIRC Loki had given Surfer a boost as well.

It wasn't the hammer's power, it was his own power. The hammer was just a way to focus it. He can also release it from his own body but presumably the preparations are even longer. But Thor didnt need anything like his god-force to dominate the surfer.

Galactus wasn't in a weakened state he was his normal size. The fact is, although Galactus is far more powerful, Thor is powerful enough to kill a normal Galactus. This certainly cannot be said of the Surfer.

No, he is portrayed as precisely what he is, a user of the power cosmic. Even Galactus is limited in his control of the power cosmic so it only makes sense that the Surfer is even more limited in this respect.

Mindship
Originally posted by aliveinboston
1. Thor did not have warrior madness, he was insane, which is very different. The result was that he was not holding back for fear of killing. In fact, he almost killed the Surfer and Beta Ray Bill.

2. IIRC Loki had given Surfer a boost as well.

3. It wasn't the hammer's power, it was his own power. The hammer was just a way to focus it. He can also release it from his own body but presumably the preparations are even longer. But Thor didnt need anything like his god-force to dominate the surfer.

4. Galactus wasn't in a weakened state he was his normal size. The fact is, although Galactus is far more powerful, Thor is powerful enough to kill a normal Galactus. This certainly cannot be said of the Surfer.

5. No, he is portrayed as precisely what he is, a user of the power cosmic. Even Galactus is limited in his control of the power cosmic so it only makes sense that the Surfer is even more limited in this respect.

1. "'Tis plain Thor is touched by the Warriors' Madness."
--- Beta Ray Bill, p 17 of that issue (the second Surfer/Thor fight).

2. Earlier in the issue of the first Surfer/Thor fight, Surfer stalemated Loki in one of those double hand-grip positions that superheroes like to do. This implies that, at best, Loki could only have doubled Surfer's power later on. This still puts Surfer way below what he was prior to the sonic shark incident. However, this is moot, since Marvel decided to completely ignore the whole sonic shark encounter.

3. Wherever that power comes from, Thor still needed prep time...prep time the Surfer could exploit. However, you are correct that Thor did not need that level of power to defeat Surfer, but then, I never said he did--I was responding to your Thor/Galactus reference.

4. Unfortunately, I no longer have that issue so can't comment on it with certainty regarding Galactus' exact power level, though also, I have never heard that Galactus' size relates to his power level (if you have canon text which states this, please post). As for Thor being "powerful enough to kill a normal Galactus"--this may well be true, assuming Galactus does nothing to defend himself (could not Spider-Man kill Thor if Thor does nothing to defend himself?), and as I recall, Galactus was not actively confronting Thor at the time Thor launched his assault. This evaluation of Thor's power also sounds more like opinion than canon. If canon, please post text. Regardless, Thor fighting Galactus is off-topic.
(As for Surfer not having that kind of power: In FF#50, where Surfer is fighting Galactus, SS says while encasing Galactus in a hardening cocoon of energy, "I cannot bring myself to cause him injury. I seek only to place him in restraint." Galactus did bust out and later deflected all the Surfer's subsequent attacks, but then, he was more actively engaging the Surfer than he was Thor when Thor attacked him. Thus, it can be reasonably argued that what you said about Thor could be said about Surfer--assuming no canon text exists to support your claim.

5. Given the vast array of power at the Surfer's disposal, and that 90% of the time he is basically shown flying around, firing cosmic bolts: clearly, he is rarely written to full potential, and for the same reason Thor is rarely written to full potential: imagine the challenge, the nigh-impossibility of constantly writing interesting and believable stories about either (or Superman, too, for that matter), if writers cut loose all the time. This is one of the drawbacks of having characters at these power levels.

JOE NUNEZ
Silver Surfer

DigiMark007
Surfer probably has the most general power, but I'd still choose Thor. If I didn't know the opponent and needed a person to fight for me, Thor has the most versatility and least # of discernable weaknesses.

Energy manip: Surfer>Thor>Supes
Strength: Supes=Thor>Surfer
Durability: Thor=Supes=Surfer
Speed: Surfer=Supes>Thor

Thor has shown that the slight speed disadvantage isn't really an issue, against both Supes and Surfer (he's fought both and had good showings).

Then add in his magical nature, which gives him immunities that Supes definitely doesn't have and Surfer might not have, and his overall "durability" looks even more impressive.

Bottom line: It depends on the opponent. These 3 are slightly better/worse in different situations. But I still hold by the opinion that if you didn't know the opponent, Thor would be your safest bet.

bigbran
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Surfer probably has the most general power, but I'd still choose Thor. If I didn't know the opponent and needed a person to fight for me, Thor has the most versatility and least # of discernable weaknesses.

Energy manip: Surfer>Thor>Supes
Strength: Supes=Thor>Surfer
Durability: Thor=Supes=Surfer
Speed: Surfer=Supes>Thor

supes is no where nere surfers speed!!!

JOE NUNEZ
If i were going into a street fight where the odds are stacked against me, i think i would have surfer watch my back. Don't get me wrong Thor is 1 of my fav characters , but he is not that smart. Hes more of a bruticus, than a technician.

Inhuman
Surfer is very strong. Just cause he doesnt go around lifting mountains, doesnt mean he isnt super strong. He is not a brawler like the other 2 thats all.

All no holding back , enraged, blood lust, the works.

surfer 7/10
thor 6/10
supes 5/10

bigbran
wouldnt bloodlust thor be warrior madness thor, which would equal thor x 10?!!??!

Inhuman
Originally posted by bigbran
wouldnt bloodlust thor be warrior madness thor, which would equal thor x 10?!!??!

Maybe stick out tongue
I see your point though.

D-Block
I think Thor he doesn't use his Godlike speed but he has it. And come on he beat billy not CM.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.