Gladiator 2

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Captain REX
I saw somethin about Gladiator 2 on Killermovies.com

Well, since Maximus is dead, who do you think will take the roll of the gladiator? The Emperor's son is my first guess. The Emperor from Gladiator (the bad guy) said to the kid somethin about not being a legionare yet. The kid replied "I'm not pretending to be a legionare. I'm pretending to be a gladiator." That makes me think he'll be some how involved in Gladiator 2.

finti
there is no need for a Gladiator 2, greedy bastards

LanceWindu
Gladiator was an OK movie, not the type of movie you would want to soil by making a crappy sequel that has nothing to do with the first movie.

chico23
I liked Gladiator, but I agree with Finti sometimes they make sequels and all they see are dollar signs. With no regard for the integrity of the first film.

ToMacco
Gladiator had no integrity to begin with.

greedo
A prequal would be better (there was a lot of unanswered questions there)...but the scene in the dungeon when Lucilla visits a chained Maximus. She tells him that rich patrons pay well to be pleasured by a Gladiator...and of course ther always was that parting line by Maximus...

Love 'em and leave 'em Maximus Hmmmmmmmmmmmm....

Come on ToMacco I'll buy the tickets you can buy the popcorn...

finti
nah one was more than enough

BackFire349
gladiators new official name is "Gladitsover" cool

finti
virkelig roll eyes (sarcastic)

Dim
Hehehe..

hated the movie..lets hope there's not another.

LanceWindu
The action scenes where great, but everything, and I mean everything, else was just a snoozefest.

Captain REX
Well, I thought it was a good movie. The ending was good.

Sequels suck for most films, i.e. Disney.

Tex
I thought it was a great fun popcorn and guts summer movie! but for it to win Best Picture was ridiculous! roll eyes (sarcastic)

BackFire349
it was a piece of uncreative crap.

Captain REX
In your opinion. roll eyes (sarcastic)

BackFire349
no, it was uncreative. if you;ve ever seen sparticus or braveheart you'd see why.

Belgarion Irongrip
it was not uncreatrive crap-u just are to thick to understand the sutelety of it
it was a brilliently thought out film with a great plot
it was master piece

LaurenE147
I loved Gladiator. It was brilliant. A sequel would screw its integrity.

BackFire349
the fact that it was uncreative kept it from greatness, the storyline is so so so used, someones wife and kid dies, he goes for revenge. wow, musta spent many sleepless nights thinking of that astoundingly cliched story. sparticus and braveheart were both better in every possible way.

LaurenE147
Spartacus wasn't that great, IMHO.

BackFire349
well if you like gladiator then you have to admit that sparticus was its obvious inspiration.

LaurenE147
When did they kill his wife and kid in that movie?

BackFire349
ohhhh wow, like thats such an original sub-plot, killing the wife and kid for a simple way to get a rivalry going. thats only been done in 3000 other movies. and by the way, thats like the one thing they didnt copy from sparticus.

ToMacco
Gladiator was so bad, that I got a rash on my ass.

BackFire349
booya rolling on floor laughing

Belgarion Irongrip
the story line wasn't about him going for revenge, y6es that is part of it. its about a whole lot more, if you cannot see that then u are the unimanintive piece of crap. cool

BackFire349
thats why i said sub plot, the rest of the movie was about him trying to have more power then a king (braveheart, sparticus rip off)

Belgarion Irongrip
it was about, how he knew what the late empouror wanted , and how he died, so he was a threat to the new empouror, because the other guy-the gladoator dude, was named emporour, this posed a threat so his family were crucified, because he was classed as a rebel. he was caught by slaves and forced to fight as a gladiator. his skill from him being a roman soldier got him through. the empereour then opend the games again and this back fired on him as the gladiatior-dude was exceptional, and fought of all that could be thrown at him, untill only the emporor was left he called who he was. the emporor wasn't takinany chances, and struck with his sword while the other was chainned. but the main bit is at the end, where the person says, who will help me carry his body, that is the moral bit of it.

BackFire349
sounds like a bad tnt action movie on closer inspection

ToMacco
The movie was cliched and boring.

It offered nothing new in a plot.

It wasn't a bad movie, but it certainly wasn't good. I've seen it four or five times now, and I just don't see what the fuss is about.

BackFire349
those 2 reasons make it a bad movie in my book.

ToMacco
See? BackFire knows what's up.

BackFire349
and getting back on topic, if the first movie was so cliched, i cant imagine how they could possibly make a sequal and have it be considered a legit film.

ToMacco
They'll copy The Godfather and do the backstory thing.

BackFire349
oh yeah, and then a prequal about his dad or something.

Belgarion Irongrip
have you actually seen the movie?

BackFire349
yes, quite a few times.

chico23
I liked Gladiator and I surely didn't get a rash from watching it. Although, I don't think it should have got an Academy award. Is the story a rip-off of other stories like Spartacus or Braveheart? Well, all movies deal with related subjects, its a fact of life, stories are similar. I liked both those movies and to compare them to Gladiator isn't really fair. How about we watch the movie and enjoy it for what it's worth? Gladiator was good, not the best, but good. To make a sequel would be retarded. I think they should leave well enough alone.

Belgarion Irongrip
i agree

BackFire349
i think gladiator is worth nothing. and will be forgotten in a few years along with all the other fluke academy award winners of the past

LaurenE147
Oliver! was a fluke and it wasn't forgotten.

BackFire349
well i had forgotten it untill you mentioned it. so there you go.

LaurenE147
Ben Hurr

BackFire349
what about ben hurr? thats a good movie.

chico23
Backfire is right it was fluke to win an award, but i doubt it will be forgotten. Everytime we here about Russel Crowe I'm sure they'll mention Gladiator and the Academy award. BTW I will say that Road to Perdition took a similar storyline and added alot of new plot to an old idea.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.