Original Batman series or new series?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

To Suffer
Well, you know how they are probably going to make a couple of sequels to Batman Begins so I was wondering if you would think the new Batman series is better than the old Batman series (the Batman series from 1989-1997) or the old Batman series will probably be better than the new Batman series.

This is a tough question for me to answer so I thought I might ask you users here on Killer movies. Batman (1989) was very good to start off the old Batman series but then after that the three other movies weren't so good, especially Batman Forever and Batman & Robin. Batman Begins (the new Batman 2005) was very good and maybe the best ever comic book movie ever made. Christopher Nolan (director of movies such as Memento) showed us he can make comic book action movies better than they are.

It is obvious they are making a Batman Begins sequel, due to sources such as Imdb, and the ending of Batman Begins tells you. I think if Christopher Nolan is directing the sequel we will have another great Batman movie that possible will be better than the old series.

Overall, I think the new Batman Begins series they are currently conducting will be better than the old Batman series due to Christopher Nolan taking part in the directing. He is going on to becoming one of the top directors for psychological thrillers.

What do you think?

Etrigan
The original, definitely.

Scarecrow756
I would say the orginal as well.

Dark Shazam93
What!? Batman begins is the DEFINITION of ownage... the new ones definitely, my man!

smiley8
I liked burtons batman and nolans batman but prefer nolans as he is more real.

Scarecrow756
Are the new ones the Batman.

900th Post Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing smokin' cool smile big grin

Dark Shazam93
What!? We're talking about films, not The Batman and The Animated Series...

Etrigan
*raises eybrow*

I don't think you read the post.

The BTAS is so much better than the new one, anyway.

Dark Shazam93
(Indeed, The Batman is AWUL!

01ZERO
WHEN YOU GROUP THEM UP LIKE THAT TIM BURTONS GENIUS IS CHANNELED OUT BY JOEL SHITMAKERS IDIOLOGY. IF YOU HAD BATMAN STAND ALONE AGAINST BATMAN BEGINS IT LOSES AND IF YOU HAVE BATMAN RETURNS STAND UPA GAINST BATMAN BEGINS IT WINS IF THEY WERE BOTH IN A GROUP THEYD WIN AND IF YOU ADDED FOREVER BATMAN BEGINS IT WOULD SUCK BECAUSE IT ONLY TAKES ONE ROTTEN..I FORGOT THE SAYING..SO ANYWAY IT MESSES UP BATMAN AND BATMAN RETURNS ESPECIALLY.

BATMAN BEGINS

HellMaster93
I understood 0.0000001% of that...

Scarecrow756
I would now say the new series followed closey by Tim Burton`s two Batman films.

smiley8
Originally posted by 01ZERO
WHEN YOU GROUP THEM UP LIKE THAT TIM BURTONS GENIUS IS CHANNELED OUT BY JOEL SHITMAKERS IDIOLOGY. IF YOU HAD BATMAN STAND ALONE AGAINST BATMAN BEGINS IT LOSES AND IF YOU HAVE BATMAN RETURNS STAND UPA GAINST BATMAN BEGINS IT WINS IF THEY WERE BOTH IN A GROUP THEYD WIN AND IF YOU ADDED FOREVER BATMAN BEGINS IT WOULD SUCK BECAUSE IT ONLY TAKES ONE ROTTEN..I FORGOT THE SAYING..SO ANYWAY IT MESSES UP BATMAN AND BATMAN RETURNS ESPECIALLY.

BATMAN BEGINS

The only post of this guy's i get and agree with........... by grouping burton and schumacher together as 'the old series', shumachers films bring the whole group down as burtons films were good. regardless i think nolans is better followed by burton and then schumacher.

HellMaster93
Nolan is, undoubtedly, GOD!

MrHeavySilence
The new series is way better.

HellMaster93
yes cool

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.