Real Realism for Realists

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Impediment
I think that the warning labels on alcoholic beverages are too bland and commercial. "Drink Responsibly"? What the hell is that supposed to mean? They should be more vivid, if you ask me. Here are a few I would suggest:

"Alcohol will turn you into the same a$$hole your father was."

"Drinking will significantly improve your chances of murdering a loved one."

"If you drink long enough, at some point in time you will vomit up the lining of your stomach."

"Use this product and you may wake up in Morocco wearing a cowboy hat and tongue-kissing a transmission salesman."

"Men: When emptying your pockets after a night of using this product, you may come across a human finger, a wad of Turkish money, and a snapshot of a naked ex-convict named Dogmeat that is inscribed 'To Dave, my new old lady'."

"Women: Drink enough of this and you will spend the rest of your life raising malnourished children in a rusting trailer with a man who sleeps all day. Except for the rapes."

I thought it'd be funny to come up with our own different "Warnings" for alcohol or any other kind of product that merits a warning, but has a totally ineffective warning, at that. Got any good ones? Share 'em! And just for the record: I do drink and smoke.

Alpha Centauri
First, I question why you think warnings should be more vivid as a smoker and drinker. Baffling to the last.

Second, I think they should show pictures of rotted and polluted lungs.

Third, I don't think showing something as graphic as a mutilated dead foetus would stop a die hard smoker from smoking, to be honest.

-AC

lord xyz
One easy word.

BULLSHIT!

Impediment
Because................It's meant to be.............a..............joke, AC. You shouldnt take it seriously. This thread is inspired from George Carlin, one of my all time favorite comedians. Alcohol kills more people every year than crack, cocaine, and heroin combined. So, obvioulsy, these PC warnings on the labels arent vivid enough. So, just have a laugh, ok? thumb up

Mišt
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Second, I think they should show pictures of rotted and polluted lungs.

They've been doing this for a while now over here, does nothing to deter smoking.

Alpha Centauri
I didn't think it would, hence the last part of my previous post.

I think if tobacco companies really want people to buy cigarettes and such, they should have a notice that says "If you buy these you can download cancer for free! Steal it for free! Don't even have to pay!" and people would do it.

-AC

Nevermind

lord xyz
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
I didn't think it would, hence the last part of my previous post.

I think if tobacco companies really want people to buy cigarettes and such, they should have a notice that says "If you buy these you can download cancer for free! Steal it for free! Don't even have to pay!" and people would do it.

-AC they have labels like that so people don't sue them. This is how it happens:

******: These people have given me cancer by selling me cigarettes.
Company: But it says on the label not to take them. We warned you about Cancer so it's your fault.
******: ...

Now this is usually in the case where the ****** is stupid and his lawyer is also stupid. But that's the reason for the label.

Alpha Centauri
Haha, you know, I'm struggling to see why that has any relevance to what I said, but rock 'n' roll.

-AC

Impediment
You know, this is supposed to be a humorous thread, like "Ha Ha Ha, that sure is a funny warning!". If I wanted to start a debate, I'd have posted this in the GDF.

Alpha Centauri
Hence why I posted the one above, as a humourous stab at another subject too.

-AC

Alpha Centauri
"Dying: It's what's cool."

-AC

Impediment
Anyone else got any funny ideas?

Bloigen
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a154/dock550/Stuff/Untitled-1.gif

vs.

no expression

Impediment
And that means what?

AOR
Way to take up the page there Bloigen

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.