So the Rebels killed innocent contractors when blowing up the Second Death Star?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Revolver Ocelot
Rebel scum.

Ushgarak
No they didn't.

There, solved.

Grand_Moff_Gav
Erm, actually Ush they did!

The Empire used slave labour in the construction of both DS's. Therefore hundreds of slaves would have been killed.

Rebel Scum.

Revolver Ocelot

Revolver Ocelot
EDIT: sorry, double post.

Red Superfly
Originally posted by Grand_Moff_Gav
Erm, actually Ush they did!

The Empire used slave labour in the construction of both DS's. Therefore hundreds of slaves would have been killed.

Rebel Scum.

*watches movie again*

No, they really didn't.

The Death Star was just built by The Empire. The Empire was evil and everyone on the Death Stars at the time of the explosions were all bad too.

It's really no more complicated than that.

Revolver Ocelot
I don't think Imperial officers and Storm troopers make great builders.

Ushgarak
Afraid not, folks.

GL confirms in the AOTC commentary that no-one innocent died on the Death Star- just a load of Geonosians, who are all evil.

This is Star Wars. The good guys don't do evil things. Basic rule.

BETPiece2010
And BTW, I don't know if it would have made a difference. I mean, you have a weapon that can blow up a planet in the hands of people who are willing to. If they get a chance to do destroy it, they are going to take it! Not to mention the fact that they believed the Emperor would die if and only if they blew it up. They would have done it whether or not there was slaves there or not. Sorry. It sounds heartless, but it was really their only chance... especially in episode 4 (I know you were talking about 6, so PLEASE don't freak out at me, thinking that I am confused about which episode you are talking about)

Just my opinion...

chinabing
I hate kevin smith-inspired SW navel-gazing.

Grand_Moff_Gav
Originally posted by Ushgarak
Afraid not, folks.

GL confirms in the AOTC commentary that no-one innocent died on the Death Star- just a load of Geonosians, who are all evil.

So your saying that not one innocent person was onboard? Not even prisoners? Plus the Genoisians would have been slaves. And thus innocent.

jollyjim311
Originally posted by Ushgarak
Afraid not, folks.

... Anakin... shh, it may still be a secret....shhh.

Red Superfly
Originally posted by Grand_Moff_Gav
So your saying that not one innocent person was onboard? Not even prisoners? Plus the Genoisians would have been slaves. And thus innocent.

No prisoners, nope. The only prisoner we actually saw was Leia, who was freed. The Death Star wasn't a prison facility, it was a battle station with a small detention centre and there was no indication there were any more prisoners on board.

Geonosians aren't innocent - what the hell dude! laughing

DarthMaul9123
no they werent slaves the designers that is they lived in the maw installation or somehting and some knew exactly what they were doing, plus they woulda died anyway if they helped creat/ build the death star in anyway shape or form cause most of the architects got wasted in the black holes

Ushgarak
Originally posted by jollyjim311
... Anakin... shh, it may still be a secret....shhh.

You may have also noticed that this was because he was becoming a bad guy, hmm? Just a slight hint of that in the films.

Nope, no innocents aboard. For there to be so would be a logical impossibility to Star Wars, doubly so the OT.

Ganner Rhysode
Ahh, Star Wars, the land where the good guys are incapable of evil, and the bad incapable of good.

chinabing
Originally posted by Ganner Rhysode
Ahh, Star Wars, the land where the good guys are incapable of evil, and the bad incapable of good. Well, Palpatine was a patron of the arts, so he wasn't ALL bad! big grin

Sesse
What about all the metal shrapnel that flew down on Endor?
And the shockwave and "fireblast" that occurred destroyed Endors ozon layer? Did all of the ewoks die from melanoma after a few years?

At least the first death star must have had prisoners.

"Prisoner transfer from cell block 1138"
"I haven't been noticed. I must clear theat."
He could have said: "HA! We have no other prisoners onboard!"

At very least Han and Leia + Chewie caused a terrible stomach infection to that cute space-eel. Mynocks in his belly formed a symbiosis with it. And now that Han killed those last 2 female mynocks in there, they cant reproduce. As if this wasnt bad enough, he caused a terrible wound by blasting the innocent eel not once, but TWICE. If this isnt evil, then nothing is...

pssst. the empire had a third death star. It is in our solar system. After a fall of the Empire, they renamed it "mimas". google it if you dont believe.

Captain REX
It's Star Wars. Explosions don't destroy o-zone layers, it destroys bad people. stick out tongue

I have a feeling that only Leia was a prisoner on the Death Star. It was a brand new thing, after all. DS2 wasn't even completed, either.

And yeah, Mimas is a moon that got hit with an asteroid. stick out tongue

LanceWindu
Wow...seen Clerks lately? no expression

I suggest you watch that scene from Clerks Ush, just to see how it is explained in that film. It makes sense, but it's not canon.

Ushgarak
Of course I've seen Clerks! And as they say, they knew what it was they were signing up for..

But it so happens that GL was actually talking about Clerks in the AOTC cxommentary, and poitning out why the rationale was not necessary.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.