Captain America vs The Thing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Superman_045
Each are given two months to train & become stronger, who wins?

I say Captain America so long as the Thing doesn't catch him & give him a couple whacks.

jgiant
how would cap put thing down'

superman41082
Well, Cap is too smart with prep time....... Pending where they fight, I'd actually say that Cap would win most of the time. Mostly because I believe Cap would maniuplate the surroundings in his favor. However, no matter how much prep he has, one punch to the face from Big Ben could kill him

I'd say cap 7/10 w/prep

badabing
Thing is also well trained in combat. Unless there is serious PIS or CIS, Thing will win more than not.

who?-kid
Thing all the way.

elephant_man
captain america has been known to curl approximately 500 lbs. while the thing has been known to press in excess of 85 tons. that is all i need to say. captain americas head would evaporate if the thing flicked it

badabing
Evaporate laughing

elephant_man
its true though, lol

GodofThunder
The Thing because even with that nice little sheild those massive punches will hurt and one solid landed punch is going to K.O him. 9/10 Ben Grimm

marvelprince
Thing easily. I think it'll go something like this

riceroost
Thing wouldn't even bother fighting Cap. Cap hits him with the shield a few times, Ben gets irritated, grabs Cap and then says, "Steve, you're a great guy, but honestly, What the hell were ya thinkin?"

grey fox
Cap get's a 1.5 chance out of 10.

The 1 being attributed to general PIS (Eg Cap accidentally becomes a herald of big G etc etc....)

The 0.5 though is for an idea i have. At best cap can lift one ton, now we back that up behind his shield blows and if he continues to rain said blows to Things noggin, theirs a large chance he might just concuss Ben (Cap's superior agility allowing for him to dodge things blows)

who?-kid
Originally posted by marvelprince
Thing easily. I think it'll go something like this
Nice try. That wasn't Colossus.

marvelprince
Originally posted by who?-kid
Nice try. That wasn't Colossus.

And that makes it less effective how? To show Colossus wasn't the point, it was to show how Cap would fare against much superior strength. Talk about missing the point

elephant_man
thing would smash on him. cap seriously has no chance.

who?-kid
And that makes it less effective how? To show Colossus wasn't the point, it was to show how Cap would fare against much superior strength. Talk about missing the point
Talk about bring up fights that have nothing to do with this one. In case you hadn't noticed, CA wasn't doing too well against the (fake) Colossus.

marvelprince
Originally posted by who?-kid
Talk about bring up fights that have nothing to do with this one. In case you hadn't noticed, CA wasn't doing too well against the (fake) Colossus.

Um...exactly. Hence my whole Cap will lose. I may have been a bit confusing earlier so let me explain. Captain America couldn't even beat a fake Colossus, there he can't beat Thing who possess, probably more, strength

badabing
Originally posted by elephant_man
thing would smash on him. cap seriously has no chance.
Only the Hulk can smash. The Thing can clobber. stick out tongue

elephant_man
lol. ya. either way cap is dead

grey fox
Originally posted by badabing
Only the Hulk can smash. The Thing can clobber. stick out tongue

But cap can jobber. (Hey i made a poem ! )

badabing
Originally posted by grey fox
But cap can jobber. (Hey i made a poem ! )
eek! laughing It rhymes.

grey fox
Just like the Ripley scroll

In the sea without lees
Standeth the bird of Hermes
Eating his wings variable
And maketh himself yet full stable
When all his feathers be from him gone
He standeth still here as a stone
Here is now both white and red
And all so the stone to quicken the dead
All and some without fable
Both hard and soft and malleable
Understand now well and right
And thank you God of this sight

The bird of Hermes is my name eating my wings to make me tame.

The Red Sea. The Red Sol. The Red Elixir Vitae.
Red Stone. White Stone. Elixir Vitae. Luna in Crescent.

The Fake Macoy
Thing wins this, relatively easily.

elephant_man
i would say so

Grimm22
As much as I love Ben, I got to give this one to Cap.

In no disregard to Ben, this would be a great fight. But, Cap is smart. Batman smart.

Cap isnt just going to think he can beat Ben in a fist fight, he'll improvise.

Cap 7/10

marvelprince
Originally posted by Grimm22
As much as I love Ben, I got to give this one to Cap.

In no disregard to Ben, this would be a great fight. But, Cap is smart. Batman smart.

Cap isnt just going to think he can beat Ben in a fist fight, he'll improvise.

Cap 7/10

How do you figure that? Cap is tactical smart. I'd say thats different than Batman smarts. Batman uses his brains to come with ways to win, usually involving some gadget or device if the person is out of his league, Cap on the other is a tactical mastermind. That is if there is a way to fight and win he'll look for it. This type of smarts usually works best in a team setting where he has someone on the team with sufficient power to take down the stronger opponent like Vision, Thor, Iron Man, Wonderman.

You say Cap will improvise, but I doubt that. Past expliots show that if Cap is up against someone bigger and badder he'll keep fighting and fight hard. He won't retreat to his "Batcave", his pride makes him keep fighting

Grimm22
How do you figure that? Cap is tactical smart. I'd say thats different than Batman smarts. Batman uses his brains to come with ways to win, usually involving some gadget or device if the person is out of his league, Cap on the other is a tactical mastermind. That is if there is a way to fight and win he'll look for it. This type of smarts usually works best in a team setting where he has someone on the team with sufficient power to take down the stronger opponent like Vision, Thor, Iron Man, Wonderman.

You say Cap will improvise, but I doubt that. Past expliots show that if Cap is up against someone bigger and badder he'll keep fighting and fight hard. He won't retreat to his "Batcave", his pride makes him keep fighting

I meant in tactical smarts

marvelprince
Originally posted by Grimm22
I meant in tactical smarts

Oh, sorry then. But I still don't get how thats gonna help him win this fight. Maybe if you provide a scenario

Rick/Genis
okay... I love cap like a surrogate father. But I don't see him beating ben here.

I've rolled my magic eightball. It says "Not F*cking likely!"

grey fox
Originally posted by Rick/Genis
okay... I love cap like a surrogate father. But I don't see him beating ben here.

I've rolled my magic eightball. It says "Not F*cking likely!"

lol

willRules
with prep cap 7/10

without prep Thing all the way

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.