You can Download comics?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Soujaboy
I was talking to a friend today, and he told me that he downloads his comics off a program called LimeWire. Is this true?

Blair Wind
well you can do it that way, and while I dont download comics, cuz I havent really tried, many of the posters here do it. You can use emule, and you need comicdisplayer....but thats just what Illadelph has told me, I dont actually know what to do with them...

NWO
Yes i always do it

Soujaboy
Hows that work?

NWO
limewire download it then type in marvel comics or whatever you want

juggernaut66666
i use emule to download cmics

marvelprince
I downloaded my comics but then Marvel contacted me about it. Scared the crap outta me that for sure

grey fox
I wouldn't use limewire if i were you......

Tshern
Why's that?

Soujaboy
Why not use Limewire?

Oh yea Marvelprince what Marvel say when they contacted u?

grey fox

marvelprince
Originally posted by Soujaboy
Why not use Limewire?

Oh yea Marvelprince what Marvel say when they contacted u?

Well since I'm in the Bahamas and we don't really have strict copyright laws they couldn't take any real legal action. They called my ISP who threatened to permanently disconnect me if i didn't stop the downloads

Soujaboy
So u can be fined $5000 for downloading a 2 dollar comic?

How many people do they catch?

Whats emule?

Tshern

grey fox
Originally posted by Tshern
Peer to peer-downloading is already illegal in Finland, damn this police state. They approved a crappy law in the beginning of this year and it is completely clear that the politicians had no idea what did they approve. Haven't really stopped anyone though.

In theory we Finns might get fined for p2p, but there has been like 10 busts during all these years and those guys were like major criminals, dozens of terabytes of seeding...

The problem is though it all add's up.....

Validus
Anybody downloading terabytes worth of comics/music/movies/etc. deserves to get busted. That's completely ridiculous.

Morridini
If anyone know of any good hosting sites or free FTPs then I could upload some of the comics I have on my computer.

Tshern
Originally posted by Validus
Anybody downloading terabytes worth of comics/music/movies/etc. deserves to get busted. That's completely ridiculous.

Those guys were mostly seeding and keeping up servers...

Soujaboy
Im learning a lot of stuff, how do they track people?

Validus
Those guys were mostly seeding and keeping up servers...
Yeah I know. Seeding is what groups like the RIAA mainly have a problem and when it comes to terabytes, its not hard to see why. Not that I support the RIAA or anything but the average new comic is around 15-20mbs so we're talking tens of thousands of comics here.

Tshern
They weren't actually seeding comics, but movies, music and software.

Soujaboy
So why hasn't limeWire been shut down?

Validus
They weren't actually seeding comics, but movies, music and software.
Put it this way. A terabyte of anything is overkill.

Soujaboy
this is crazy

jumpmann
I download what I can from Limewire, but 99 percent of the time I'll already have the comic in my possession. I think I downloaded COIE without owning it and that was it. Twas hard to find before the 99 dollar edition recently came out. =/

Soujaboy
So in your opinion, whats the beast place to download these comics?

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Validus

thumb up

Closed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.