The Best Origin story!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Scarlet315
We all know that part of what makes a superhero so cool is their origin and how they came to get their powers. I'm sorry i cant choose one. Mine's are spiderman's, FF4(movie), and Batman beyond, the real story: http://youtube.com/watch?v=W2WmFe3n8fA&search=batman%20beyond

so who has the best origin?

Grimm22
Originally posted by Scarlet315
We all know that part of what makes a superhero so cool is their origin and how they came to get their powers. I'm sorry i cant choose one. Mine's are spiderman's, FF4(movie), and Batman beyond
so who has the best origin?

The FF movie What the f**k?

I hated anything and everything about that piece of crap that some might consider a movie. I mean the only decent thing about it was the soundtrack.

As for best origin storys...

Ultimate FF, Batman, Joker, Ultimate Hulk, Ultimate Iron Man, Ultimate Captain America, Anything and everything done by either Stan Lee or Jack Kirby

doomsday49
Illest orgin story imo is doomsday.
http://www.dcuguide.com/profile.php?name=doomsday

Poor thing.

doomsday49
shouldn't this be in the comic book forum

superman41082
Originally posted by doomsday49
shouldn't this be in the comic book forum

I don't know if that's necessary. It's putting origin stories vs eachother. Mine is Superman's. Awesome mythology..........

Comicbook_kid
This is a good question...who does have the best "origin"? Well, I've been reading comics a looooong damn time, and I can tell you my top 5 favorite origins...starting with #5 down to my #1 favorite...here goes...

5. The Joker - The Killing Joke. One of the greatest comic stories EVER...if you have never read this story, what in the $#*@ are you doing reading this...go and get a copy NOW...

4. Ironman - Tales of Suspense #39 - awesome origin that doesn't involve someone getting blasted with radioactivity, chemicals, or getting blown up with something toxic or radioactive...just a man trying to save himself and keep himself alive, and later used it to help other people.

3. Wolverine - "Origin #1-6"...this is one of my favorite stories Marvel has ever done.

2. Batman - Year One : Do I really have to tell you why this is so great of an origin? I mean, c'mon...

1. Spider-man - Amazing Fantasty #15 : The best "origin" story of them all...the whole "With great power comes great responsibility" thing defines Peter Parker/Spidey and makes him the hero he is today...

I have many more favorite origins such as Superman, Green Lantern, Hulk, and Swampthing...but I guess these five would have to be my personal favorites I suppose...

Comicbook_kid
Originally posted by Grimm22
The FF movie What the f**k?

I hated anything and everything about that piece of crap that some might consider a movie. I mean the only decent thing about it was the soundtrack.

As for best origin storys...

Ultimate FF, Batman, Joker, Ultimate Hulk, Ultimate Iron Man, Ultimate Captain America, Anything and everything done by either Stan Lee or Jack Kirby

laughing And here I was starting to think that I was the only one that hated that worthless, piece of $@#* movie...Thankyou...finally someone that sees the light laughing

grey fox
Originally posted by Comicbook_kid
This is a good question...who does have the best "origin"? Well, I've been reading comics a looooong damn time, and I can tell you my top 5 favorite origins...starting with #5 down to my #1 favorite...here goes...

5. The Joker - The Killing Joke. One of the greatest comic stories EVER...if you have never read this story, what in the $#*@ are you doing reading this...go and get a copy NOW...

4. Ironman - Tales of Suspense #39 - awesome origin that doesn't involve someone getting blasted with radioactivity, chemicals, or getting blown up with something toxic or radioactive...just a man trying to save himself and keep himself alive, and later used it to help other people.

3. Wolverine - "Origin #1-6"...this is one of my favorite stories Marvel has ever done.

2. Batman - Year One : Do I really have to tell you why this is so great of an origin? I mean, c'mon...

1. Spider-man - Amazing Fantasty #15 : The best "origin" story of them all...the whole "With great power comes great responsibility" thing defines Peter Parker/Spidey and makes him the hero he is today...

I have many more favorite origins such as Superman, Green Lantern, Hulk, and Swampthing...but I guess these five would have to be my personal favorites I suppose...

You over-rate the killing joke , while i found the jokers 'origin' ok. It was cheesed over by the stupid 'drive Gordon insae' sub-plot . Please , as if seeing your daughter naked and shot will drive you insane , might drive 'ol Jim to incest though laughing laughing

Scoobless
One of my favourite origin comics was Green Lantern: Emerald Dawn

I really liked the Supreme Power Hyperion origin where they basically showed what would happen to Superman if he arrived in modern day earth

Deadpool14
wolverine and silver surfer, team x was cool too

spetznaz
Originally posted by Comicbook_kid
laughing And here I was starting to think that I was the only one that hated that worthless, piece of $@#* movie...Thankyou...finally someone that sees the light laughing

I went to watch it when it came out in theaters.
I fell asleep ....literally.

jgiant
Punisher: year one, and Punisher: Born...hulk origin was cool...also doomsday's origin is pretty good, and u can't forget batman, superman, ff, galactus, dr. doom, basically all the main characters of marvel have pretty cool origins...

willRules
my top 5 favourite origin story-lines would be

5. Wolverine. Origin was great. Nice to know that after all these years he was never Logan but James Howlett.

4. Xavier. The cool thing about Xavier is the fact that I really felt sorry for him as a child. he became bold when he was very young and was continually bullied.

3. Batman. Great story. the cool thing is it wasn't a freak accident that gave him superpowers. it was a freak accident that caused him to train for years to come.

2. Ultimate Cap. Great story. More realistic because it was a formula comprised of steroids and other stuff. His world war 2 flashbacks are great reads. i hope he gets his own series like Iron-man.

1. Spidey. Classic storyline with key ingredients like accident, superpowers and a valuable lesson learned. As the movie and ultimate universe showed its also a timeless origin.

jgiant
1. Punisher-Frank has always been a man possessed...he has always had a craving for a nonstop war, he is at heart a murderer, always wanting to punish the wicked...the only thing that held him to his sanity was his family...once they were killed by accident by some mobsters he snapped...and what really was the straw that broke the camels back was when the law did nothing to punish those who killed his family...his depression and mental anguish was really powerful...and the covers to the four year one comics were works of art...total opposite of most hero's...he is one of the most original characters in comics...is he a hero? The opinions are varying, but he has saved countless lives and has brought more justice to the streets than any other hero...Plus he is a human living in a superhuman world (not in Max series tho) and he holds more than his own...

Scoobless
Originally posted by willRules
4. Xavier. - he became bold when he was very young ......

embarrasment

Originally posted by jgiant
1. Punisher-

is he a hero? The opinions are varying, but he has saved countless lives and has brought more justice to the streets than any other hero

I don't believe in the death penalty, Frank is nothing but a vigilante/murderer with an overwhelming personal agenda.... i don't consider him to be a "hero"

Scoobless
double post

no expression

willRules
Originally posted by Scoobless
embarrasment

Now scoob its nothing to be ashamed of. its just that you are bald and you aren't the world's most powerful telepath, so you have two bad things going for you evil face laughing

grey fox
Originally posted by willRules
Now scoob its nothing to be ashamed of. its just that you are bald and you aren't the world's most powerful telepath, so you have two bad things going for you evil face laughing

Ooooh ouch , burned. On a side-note what do any of you guy's say about my new sig. I'm kinda unhappy with it....

UniOmni
Galactus has the best cosmic, universal role origin ever imo. Truly brilliant, and i love the way it was fleshed out later.

jgiant
embarrasment

I don't believe in the death penalty, Frank is nothing but a vigilante/murderer with an overwhelming personal agenda.... i don't consider him to be a "hero" he does heroic things, saves people, protects people...there is no such thing as justice when someone with power kills someone else and they either get off scot free or get a slap on the wrist...and even if they go to jail, it is a watered down version...granted some people get what they deserve, but too many people get off...punisher hands out true justice, very rarly does he kill people who are innocent...in conclusion "they laugh at the law, but they don't laugh at me." -The Punisher-

jgiant
Originally posted by grey fox
Ooooh ouch , burned. On a side-note what do any of you guy's say about my new sig. I'm kinda unhappy with it.... i think its pretty good...8/10

superman41082
How about The Legend of Ron Burgandy???

Grimm22
embarrasment

I don't believe in the death penalty, Frank is nothing but a vigilante/murderer with an overwhelming personal agenda.... i don't consider him to be a "hero"

The thing that I love about the punisher is that he knows Burrocracy dosent work. He isnt going to sit by and watch murders, rapists and other scum live after what they have done.

Yeah and his origin is freakin awesome.

Tron
Wrong forum.

Moving.

Templares
1. Spider-man
2. Victor Von Doom
3. Hunter Zolomon(Zoom II)

AJ4LIFE
Originally posted by Scarlet315
so who has the best origin? mine yes

Thunderstrike
Originally posted by UniOmni
Galactus has the best cosmic, universal role origin ever imo. Truly brilliant, and i love the way it was fleshed out later.

Cosign

Originally posted by doomsday49
Illest orgin story imo is doomsday.
http://www.dcuguide.com/profile.php?name=doomsday

Poor thing.

I saw an Anime from 1980 something where that had already been done before. The whole "create the perfect being" has been done for years. Not very original. sad I preferred the JLU origin instead.

To be honest, my favorite origin stories were Superman: The Man of Steel and Iron Man's.
(Part of the reason I have a Superman vendetta is because of Birthright)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.