Need Help Converting Video

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Spartan005
I'm trying to switch my video from swf format to AVI or MPG format, and I have the software to do it. The problem is that after it converts my video that once was 4 MB, it becomes well over 200 MB and I have no idea how to make the file size smaller. And I really don't want to put it into a zipped file because the quality is so crappy.

I've been trying to put the video on youtube but my file is way too big, does anyone have any suggestions?

LanceWindu
So it's a flash video? (At least I think that's what .SWF means)

Hmm, what program are you using? 4mb to 200mb sounds way too steep.

Spartan005
Yeah, swf is a flash video

And here's the link to the site...http://adshareit.com/

I just don't get how the file size could go up 197MB by converting a 60 second flash video confused

And just for the hell of it, I tried putting the file into a zipped folder, but when I submit the post it says "Thread Not Specified"....wtf?

LanceWindu
Could you possibly supply me with the video so I can try it out on the software I use to convert video?

Spartan005
Well the whole point of putting the video on youtube was so I could send a link to KMC so everyone could see the movie. (youtube accepts MPG and AVI, but KMC only uses zipped files) I already tried uploading the video here, but like I said its not working with the zipped file

LanceWindu
Originally posted by Spartan005
Well the whole point of putting the video on youtube was so I could send a link to KMC so everyone could see the movie. (youtube accepts MPG and AVI, but KMC only uses zipped files) I already tried uploading the video here, but like I said its not working with the zipped file

Did you try uploading it to Putfile/MegaUpload/YouSendIt/etc?

Spartan005
Ummm... no

How do you do that? (I are not smart)

LanceWindu
Google one of those sites and then upload via their instructions.

Spartan005
not working... confused

LanceWindu
Ok since you can't supply it, I want you to try what I was going to do.

Try using WinAVI Video Converter then (download is within the link below). It's only a trial version so you'll have a watermark over the finished product. Don't bother asking here how to unlock the full version without paying, I'm sure you already knew that though.

WinAVI converts all kinds of video files and can convert them to .AVI, .MPG, DVD format, etc...etc...I made sure to check the site and it does convert .SWF to the other formats as well.

For just something to showcase on KMC I'm sure you won't mind the watermark.

http://www.free-codecs.com/download/WinAVI_Video_Converter.htm

Spartan005
Ok, I just downloaded the program, but whenever I hit OK to convert to AVI it freezes laughing Then a message pops up that says Program Not Responding

Oh my god, my luck is horrible

Thanks for the link though... I'll try it again tommorrow. I need to get some sleep for now. Bye smile

LanceWindu
Suckage...

Maybe try rebooting your computer to get any small kinks out of the system.

Spartan005
Yeah, I tried that but its still not working. I'm gonna see if I can find a different video website that can hold more MB

Lana
Hmmm. I've never tried converting videos from .swf (I've only just started working in Flash so yeah) to .avi or .mpg, but 200mb for a 60 video is HUGE. Are there any options in the converter that allows you to set quality, size, etc?

Spartan005
There's not that many options that can really make the file size smaller... but luckily I just uploaded my movie on to google... and it worked! eek! I guess it could hold more space than youtube

Hopefully the quality will be good...

trickortreat
i use geovid flash to video encoder. it has advanced video and audio settings so i've never had such problems with size and quality. try to use a free version in the future.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.