Captain America vs. Superman (Who's more patriotic?)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

GodMagnus25
It seem to me that Superman embodies the American sperit and does not need "America" in his name to show this. Don't get me wrong, I love Cap, but he seem like he would be a republican. And republicans don't represent America as a whole. Cap was created at a time when we were going threw that whole WWII mess, and that probley gave him a different outlook on things.

MrHeavySilence
Superman, of course.

S.S
What the f**k?

elephant_man
i'd say superman. he would not only kill all the members of jla just to save the planet but himself as well. (not saying he'd be able to) : ) i dont think you can beat that kind of patriotism. he'd fight galaxies just to save a group of people

grey fox
Captain America , Supes hasn't been patriotic since the sixties....

elephant_man
lol

Thunderstrike
Cap. He's a walking American Flag. Why is this a question?

Etrigan
Cap. His costume, shield, mask, flag, attitude, and language shows that.

Juntai
Superman.
Truth, Justice and the American way.

He even would obey Lex Luthors orders when he was president, the man he despises more than any other.

Marvel Boy
Originally posted by Juntai
Superman.
Truth, Justice and the American way.

He even would obey Lex Luthors orders when he was president, the man he despises more than any other.

Yeah but cap would over throw an evil dictator for the good of the nation insted of seeing to their every command

Juntai
Originally posted by Marvel Boy
Yeah but cap would over throw an evil dictator for the good of the nation insted of seeing to their every command Lex wasn't an evil dictator and couldn't be proven to be doing any shady stuff at the time.

-shrugs.-

Superman was forced to work with him, while Clark would try to unravel plots he thought Lex was behind, forcing an odd position on the character as a whole, conflicting interests and personas.

And really, when was the last time you saw Captain America trying to oust the president? lol.

GodMagnus25
Originally posted by Marvel Boy
Yeah but cap would over throw an evil dictator for the good of the nation insted of seeing to their every command

Oh? And he would do this without any proof or evidence? That would show he doesn't have much faith in our justice system. If he is a real patriot he would fallow a leader he didn't believe in. I'm almost certain there are real men and women in the armed forces who are apalled by our president but they still fallow his orders.

Thunderstrike
What's fallowing orders? Sounds sexual.

To be honest, Cap is the bigger patriot. Why? He's the ideal American in a not-so-ideal America. Can the same be said for Superman? No.

Marvel Boy
Originally posted by GodMagnus25
Oh? And he would do this without any proof or evidence? That would show he doesn't have much faith in our justice system. If he is a real patriot he would fallow a leader he didn't believe in. I'm almost certain there are real men and women in the armed forces who are apalled by our president but they still fallow his orders.

yeah i'm talking about a president that wants to take over the world and is using the super heroes of the nation as weapons and cap knew it wasn't right he'd over throw a corrupt president. Were talking comic book situations here.

willRules
This thread has been done before...........

Up until recently I would have said Cap. Now I think it's neither. Supes gives nobody a chance. Cap used to be very patriotic but more recently he has taken on a much more international role despite his namesake. Also to be patriotic implies a sort of fondness and to be proud of your country. Cap doesn't like the new America he woke up in................

Grimm22
Cap. He believes that the US government dosent represent America, but rather the spirit of America does, which is what I believe as well

Supes is the UN's bit*h

N'uff Said

superman41082
I think they both are, but I'd say that Superman's moral compass is just unbeattable, so I'd take Superman by an inch if I had to, but I'd say a tie if that's an option......

The Fake Macoy
I say that Caps more patriotic.

badabing
http://melaman2.com/cartoons/singles/c-america.html
http://melaman2.com/cartoons/singles/superman66.html
Listen to both songs and decide.

Milkie
http://themot.org/gallery/d/2879-1/Captainamericakicksass.png

King KAM
Captain America.......anyone who reads Captain America vol.4 would know this....

bean_machine
Originally posted by badabing
http://melaman2.com/cartoons/singles/c-america.html
http://melaman2.com/cartoons/singles/superman66.html
Listen to both songs and decide.

Superman's all the way.

King KAM
Originally posted by bean_machine
Superman's all the way. i dont need no stupid theme song to know that cap is the most patriotic person in comic book history, the man stands for idealism.

Grimm22
Originally posted by King KAM
Captain America.......anyone who reads Captain America vol.4 would know this....

Is that the current volume or that horrible Cap relaunch after 9/11? confused

GODSCRIBE
Captain America through and through. He is the physical embodiment of what America should stand for. He is a National hero as well.

King KAM
Originally posted by Grimm22
Is that the current volume or that horrible Cap relaunch after 9/11? confused re-launch

Grimm22
re-launch

ugh, that was such an un-patriotic Cap.

Seriously, Cap was feeling sorry for Terrorists. I mean WTF!?! What the f**k?

King KAM
Originally posted by Grimm22
ugh, that was such an un-patriotic Cap.

Seriously, Cap was feeling sorry for Terrorists. I mean WTF!?! What the f**k? he is a humanitarian.

Grimm22
he is a humanitarian.

There is a difference between being a humanitarian and just being stupid.

I mean I know the book was trying to stop prejudice against Muslims and all, but having sympathy for actual terrorists is just stupid especially when its Cap!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.