Thor in a movie

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

GodofThunder
Do you think Thor should make a movie or mayby an avengers movie

S.S
There's a thread on this somewhere search for it.

batdude123
I seriously think he would be too corny for a movie.

roughrider
His own film, not an Avengers film. And according to the reports, the wheels are in motion for it. thumb up

NoFate007
I think Thor should be in one film. One film. Not a series, but not just thrown in an Avengers film. He should have one film completely devoted to himself, and that's it.

batdude123
I still think that many people would not want to go see it. He's not one of the popular characters that get mentioned when regular people name their favorite superhero. It's either Batman, Superman, or Spider-man. Since nobody knows who Thor really is, I don't think a movie entirely devoted to him is such a cool idea. Besides, to the normal audience watching the movie, I believe that they would think that the way he talks would be SEVERLY corny and they would probably walk out after the first 20 min. of hearing him. People would probably want to see a cool character fighting uber supervillans, and then they realize that it's a really powerful character reciting Shakespeare! Now this does not mean I don't like Thor, actually, imo I think he's a great character. But he should probably stick to comic books and stay away from a solo movie. He would be awesome though in an Avengers movie. wink

roughrider
I see a lot of Batman fans here are skeptical of the Odinson and his place in popular culture - I SAY THEE NAY!bangin
Fantasy, and sword & sorcery culture are riding high at the movies - Gladiator, Lord Of The Rings, Troy, Chronicles Of Narnia etc. Handled properly, Thor would become a huge favourite with kids, wanting to get their own helmet and hammer from department stores.
Thor will smite all these disbelievers! I state my troth.

Scoobless
Originally posted by batdude123
I still think that many people would not want to go see it. He's not one of the popular characters that get mentioned when regular people name their favorite superhero. It's either Batman, Superman, or Spider-man. Since nobody knows who Thor really is, I don't think a movie entirely devoted to him is such a cool idea.

Nobody knew who Blade was either and he had one or two of the best comic book movies ever (the third film was utter sh!te)

batdude123
These are just my opinions. You guys don't have to agree with them.

Thunderstrike
Originally posted by batdude123
I still think that many people would not want to go see it. He's not one of the popular characters that get mentioned when regular people name their favorite superhero. It's either Batman, Superman, or Spider-man. Since nobody knows who Thor really is, I don't think a movie entirely devoted to him is such a cool idea. Besides, to the normal audience watching the movie, I believe that they would think that the way he talks would be SEVERLY corny and they would probably walk out after the first 20 min. of hearing him. People would probably want to see a cool character fighting uber supervillans, and then they realize that it's a really powerful character reciting Shakespeare! Now this does not mean I don't like Thor, actually, imo I think he's a great character. But he should probably stick to comic books and stay away from a solo movie. He would be awesome though in an Avengers movie. wink
Originally posted by roughrider
I see a lot of Batman fans here are skeptical of the Odinson and his place in popular culture - I SAY THEE NAY!bangin
Thor says Nay as well.
http://img114.imageshack.us/img114/5154/thorsaysnay5bh.png

In all seriousness though, a Thor movie would be great. Why? Because of the fact it's a great story. A movie of Thor would have the full Hollywood package, and just have plenty of ass kickery. It wouldn't go emo, it wouldn't get annyoing, or anything of the sort. Just because a character isn't well known doesn't mean the movie won't be good. Not many people knew Road to Perdition was a comic, and it was great.

spideycarnage
i think he should have his own movie, it probally dont do well, because thor is not a household name like for example superman, spiderman or the hulk.

drwerwer
hey didnt thor get a movie like a really lomg time ago but i dont know

redcaped
To come up with a title you must see the present. We got ultimate Avengers. From Wizard: the mightiest hero in the Marvel Universe isn't a mutant, a god or a super soldier, he's simply a man. A man with hi-tech suit of armor and a genius-level IQ, but a man nontheless. In addition to a brain that rivals Reed Richard's and a suit of armor powerful enough to take out the Hulk. Tony also has a tactical prowess akin to Captain America, a slow of teammates that can be counted among the most powerful beings in the world, a host of deadly, supercharged villians, and on top of all that, he owns a highly successful industry-leading corporation. Here are seven reasons why Iron Man is the Marvel Universe's No. 1 hero...He's one of the smartest people on Earth...He formed, funds and runs The Avengers...He's shaped the world with the illuminati...He's a corporative pioneer...The iron man armor could be the most powerful weapon on Earth...He's at the forefront of civil war...His villians are stepping up to his level. In my opinion Iron Man should start it all...then titles will come alone.

drwerwer
cool little thing bout iron man

Scoobless
Originally posted by redcaped
The iron man armor could be the most powerful weapon on Earth...

Yup... and since "Extremis" Tony's capabilites have gone through the roof... he claims he can now control hundreds of Iron Men battlesuits at the same time ..... and I believe him

no expression

redcaped
I can bring little pieces and inspiration but the minds behind this are experienced people on this field. The comics may help but it all depends on the audience. If I think of individual movies for later have them together it'll be too dedicated. They want something brief and interesting. How can they have individual characters becoming what they are and form a team accidentally. In Ultimates they were already known but a movie is introduction and plot...very hard to gather and shape it. Then who comes first...Iron Man or Thor? Let's look to the facts...comics are series of events like real life and movies are what happened on that day...very different. The Avengers Team are Captain America from WW2 to present, Thor the norse god incarnated, Iron Man explained earlier, then Wasp & Giant Man. Many other movies start by the middle or end then all the event is based as a story...this could be used as well. Then the movie probably won't have a sequel-to-trilogy. The other thing is that the cause of this is either war or threats...what would it be? In X-Men the government is the one to oppose which creates chaos of civil war ...both classic and present Avengers fight alien creatures from another world. My point on this, a hopeful conclusion and a possible solution is the meeting of these characters...they must realize other beings alike are somewhere. That can help very much. Now fiction becomes reality when actors have to go through certain discipline and control to a brand new level by working together "back to kindergarten" they might say! But seriously, this world is build more from fiction than reality in a very misunderstood way of ignorance.

roughrider
I can bring little pieces and inspiration but the minds behind this are experienced people on this field. The comics may help but it all depends on the audience. If I think of individual movies for later have them together it'll be too dedicated. They want something brief and interesting. How can they have individual characters becoming what they are and form a team accidentally. In Ultimates they were already known but a movie is introduction and plot...very hard to gather and shape it. Then who comes first...Iron Man or Thor? Let's look to the facts...comics are series of events like real life and movies are what happened on that day...very different. The Avengers Team are Captain America from WW2 to present, Thor the norse god incarnated, Iron Man explained earlier, then Wasp & Giant Man. Many other movies start by the middle or end then all the event is based as a story...this could be used as well. Then the movie probably won't have a sequel-to-trilogy. The other thing is that the cause of this is either war or threats...what would it be? In X-Men the government is the one to oppose which creates chaos of civil war ...both classic and present Avengers fight alien creatures from another world. My point on this, a hopeful conclusion and a possible solution is the meeting of these characters...they must realize other beings alike are somewhere. That can help very much. Now fiction becomes reality when actors have to go through certain discipline and control to a brand new level by working together "back to kindergarten" they might say! But seriously, this world is build more from fiction than reality in a very misunderstood way of ignorance.

blink wacko
...Anyway. Thor deserves his own movie, not just an Avengers one.
You can't do it anyway, what with Captain America & Iron Man both having seperate feature films in the works. No studio is going to put so many eggs in one basket, when they can get more money from seperate films. The X-Men films are an exception, because of the mutant theme, outsiders from humanity etc.

redcaped
Yes, I would love separate movies then later unite. I didn't know they are going to make them...you know people lie creating false rumors.

H. S. 6
To come up with a title you must see the present. We got ultimate Avengers. From Wizard: the mightiest hero in the Marvel Universe isn't a mutant, a god or a super soldier, he's simply a man. A man with hi-tech suit of armor and a genius-level IQ, but a man nontheless. In addition to a brain that rivals Reed Richard's and a suit of armor powerful enough to take out the Hulk. Tony also has a tactical prowess akin to Captain America, a slow of teammates that can be counted among the most powerful beings in the world, a host of deadly, supercharged villians, and on top of all that, he owns a highly successful industry-leading corporation. Here are seven reasons why Iron Man is the Marvel Universe's No. 1 hero...He's one of the smartest people on Earth...He formed, funds and runs The Avengers...He's shaped the world with the illuminati...He's a corporative pioneer...The iron man armor could be the most powerful weapon on Earth...He's at the forefront of civil war...His villians are stepping up to his level. In my opinion Iron Man should start it all...then titles will come alone.

WTF does that have to do with Thor having a movie?

redcaped
As we were discussing earlier on how would Thor show up...as individual movie or an Avengers movie. That should be your answer Mr. H. S. 6

Condor
Originally posted by Scoobless
Nobody knew who Blade was either and he had one or two of the best comic book movies ever (the third film was utter sh!te)

The success of that franchise didn't have so much to do with the comic as it did with the genre of movie---vampires, etc. I know tons of people who are fans of the franchise that didn't even know it was a comic.

redcaped
Oh, yes of course...that happens during a break up between image & personality. In Thors case we have a serious case...the doctor is in charge no matter how ill you are.

He-guy88
i think thor would be awsome movie but only if played right and cast the right person cause i think thats wat did it for daredevil ben not good at being dd

complexbrother
I think Thor should be in his own movie. and it should be epic in scope like Lord of the Rings .

roughrider
Who's going to play Odin? It has to be someone we believe Thor looks up to, and dwarfs his power.

NoFate007
Gary Coleman.

roughrider
Originally posted by NoFate007
Gary Coleman.

He can play Hogun the Grim. laughing out loud

redcaped
MJOLNIR: Wizard hammers home everything you need to know about the most powerful weapon in comics! Forged in the heart of a star and blessed with power by Odin, Mjolnir swings high as one of the most powerful weapons ever created. Not even Ragnarok and the hammer's seeming destruction could keep it away for good, thanks to J. Michael Straczynski & Co. who've brought the legendary hammer back with a vengeance in the pages of Fantastic Four, paving the way for huge things to come. "Joe very early wowed us with his description of series of circumstances that make up the backbone of these two issues of Fantastic Four: the hammer falling from the heavens to Earth, what happens to it and what happens because of it," says Marvel Executive Editor Tom Brevoort. With Mjolnir back in play, here's the lowdown on why this means big things for the Marvel Universe. Where is Thor? Determined to stop the never-ending cycle of death and rebirth for his people, the Thunder God traveled to the source of fate in Asgard and destroyed it with Mjolnir. As time and space collapsed around him, Thor disappeared into the void. Where, or what, he is now has yet to be revealed. "There's a definite connection between the events of Ragnarok (Thor #80-#85) and the return from hell of Dr. Doom,"adds Brevoort. Physical Stats: Forged from the magical ore uru, Mjolnir measures 2 feet long, weighs 42.3 pounds and has a face roughly 6.5" x 6.5." The handle is wrapped in leather, terminating in a thong at the end. Hammer Time: When Odin passed the mystical hammer on to Thor, he blessed the hammer with six enchantments: 1_No living being can lift the hammer unless worthy. 2_The bearer of Mjolnir can command the elements. 3_Mjolnir will return to its wielder when thrown, no matter what. 4_The wielder can teleport to any location. 5_Tapping the mystical hammer will allow a god to change to mortal form. 6_Gateways may be opened in time. Other abilities include fight, energy projection and the ability to absorb and redirect energy. Thor's Aliases: Donald Blake In order to teach his son humility and grant him the honor of wielding Mjolnir, Odin bestowed Thor with his mortal identity and a career as a medical doctor. Sigurd Jarlson Thor briefly used this civilian identity and worked as a construction worker. Eric Masterson Unlike Blake, Masterson was a completely different person than the Thunder God. They just shared the same body for a while. Jake Olson Apparently Thor likes helping sick people because in this identity he's a paramedic. Other Worthy Wielders: Captain America Thor gave Cap (as The Captain) mad props for wielding Mjolnir and taking down some of Seth's goons in thor#390. Beta Ray Bill It was a complete surprise even to Odin in Thor#337 when Bill inherited the power of Thor upon touching Mjolnir. Wonder Woman Briefly wielding the hammer in 1996's Marvel vs. DC#3, she gave it up to face Storm in a fair fight. Superman With Cap's shield in one hand and Mjolnir in another, Superman smashed his way to victory against Krona in Avengers/JLA#4. Up Next: You can't keep a good hammer down, and the guys at Marvel can't wait to prove it. "Thor's been out of the spotlight for almost two years now,"Brevoort comments. "He's one of the mainstays of the Marvel Universe, a character that fans have been asking about during that time. We wanted to make sure that when we did bring him back to the fore in the Marvel Universe, we did it right. So we took our time to get to this point_and now we're ready."The real question is, when the time comes for Thor's return, who will be worthy enough to wield mighty Mjolnir?"That's the question, isn't it?"Brevoort teases."Stay tuned."

redcaped
So much concern as for the comics made me wonder the same about the new movie and helps me thinking. What's in store for Thor whether it can be a single movie/trilogy/or more...

DigiMark007
I just realized how cool it would be to be Thor for Halloween. You could pimp out some mallet/hammer to be huge and menacing and say things like "Boast not, lest ye feel the wrath of mighty Mjolnir upon thee!"

Good times.....

roughrider
I think you'd get a full bag of treats, with an intimidating getup & hammer like that. big grin

Thanos_6383
Originally posted by drwerwer
hey didnt thor get a movie like a really lomg time ago but i dont know

Yeah,they had Thor in one of those real old Hulk T.V movies.If you think they do superheroes and villains injustice now.What they did to Thor was Pitiful eek!

grey fox
They should go with Ult Thor , at least his costume doesn't look so ....hoky.

K3VIL
A Thor movie would be great but the make it out are needed:
-An actor over the 6'4'' of height, well builted, and his face must reminds you of a norse god, he must be from europe or anyway fit the role.
-Massive CGI, for Mjolnir's powers.
-Another big guy to play Ulik the Troll or Absorbing Man.
-Vinnie Jones, as the Juggernaut, but after X-4, where I hope, he'll gain the Cyttorak gem.Maybe Magneto will try to obtain it, but Marko will betray him and get the gem.

roughrider
Originally posted by grey fox
They should go with Ult Thor , at least his costume doesn't look so ....hoky.

They can improve on his basic look, but his look as King Thor or Rune King Thor was excellent. The great armour design we've seen in films like LOTR; Thor's outfit should resemble the knights of Rohan, which is fitting since they derive their culture from the Viking/Scandanavian world.

And I'm still pushing they look at Nathan Jones from Troy.
6'11. 330 pounds. Once won the World's Strongest Man Competition. And is adept at martial arts, so he can move.

Mr.V
Originally posted by roughrider
They can improve on his basic look, but his look as King Thor or Rune King Thor was excellent. The great armour design we've seen in films like LOTR; Thor's outfit should resemble the knights of Rohan, which is fitting since they derive their culture from the Viking/Scandanavian world.

And I'm still pushing they look at Nathan Jones from Troy.
6'11. 330 pounds. Once won the World's Strongest Man Competition. And is adept at martial arts, so he can move.

But hes bald!!! sad Thor aint bald sad and i wonder would they keep to the classic marvel thor or try to stick closer to the mythological thor big grin ie red headed etc.

roughrider
Originally posted by Mr.V
But hes bald!!! sad Thor aint bald sad and i wonder would they keep to the classic marvel thor or try to stick closer to the mythological thor big grin ie red headed etc.

roll eyes (sarcastic) Any actor playing Thor is going to wear a wig. What do you think Viggo Mortensen and all those actors from LOTR were using - their real hair?
And yeah, I would like to see his hair more red, but it's a tricky matter of copyright for Marvel. They have trademarked a certain look for Thor - blond, chest armour that has four round disks in it's design ( even Ultimate Thor has those shapes). Other comic companies who show Thor use a different image and design; and generally he's red-headed elsewhere.

jeffrodini
Triple H as Thor... I'm calling it.

Superfly4000
i never liked thor untill i read the Ultimates.

redcaped
Classic Thor for this movie not king or ultimate and by the way, he is not a giant man or rough-meaning looking. He's got only a bit more muscular body than Superman but about the same average look.

redcaped
Alright, I saw yesterday Return of the Incredible Hulk DVD. Thor is confusing...mortal or god? Donald Blake is some kind of nut and he's a different person...what a joke. Hammer design ok. Whoever wrote this episode wanted these comic book characters as real as possible by altering them mistakenly. Real does not mean to match what others do. The 80s anyway.

HellMaster93
Nah, he should be tall, muscley and imposing though... y'know, a big guy but not a freak or anything...

redcaped
HellMaster thinks straight!

HellMaster93
Hellmaster also IS straight... smile

redcaped
Thanks again!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.