Arthas vs. Baal, Mephisto, and Diablo

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Tallis
I know you guys are gonna hate me for making another Arthas thread. but to hell with it. Also if it turns out that they over power Arthas easily, then he gets help from Illidan.

This is Lich King Arthas vs. Uber version of the Trio

Burning thought
bah, Arthas shouldnt be put into threads if your thinking of the Lich-King/Arthas, theres just no info on him really, but anyway the Bros take this easily, but we dont know about Arthas so its pointless

Lord_Dagoth
The team stomps.

Pinkie Pie
Arthas has no chance. It's been so long since a thread I can say anything in has been active so I had to post this stick out tongue My fingers ache sad

ArtificialGlory
Originally posted by Lord_Dagoth
The team stomps.

5 years necro. Not bad, not bad at all.

I see Arthas(Lich King, I assume) having a good change against the Prime Evils' forms in the mortal world.

NemeBro
The Prime Evils should by all rights crush Arthas.

ares834
The Prime Evils stomp. Arthas may be able to take one but never all three.

Kix

Meioh_Hades
If we're talking about Wrath of the Lich King's Arthas, he's screwed.

From the Sauron-like cunning evil mastermind of Warcraft 3, he became a sort of "Dr. Claw - like" buffon (poor Arthas... he was one of the best evil video game chars).

In WoTLK just one strike from the Asbringer was able to shatter Frostmourne and make The Lich King totally powerless. The Prime Evils stomp.

ArtificialGlory
Originally posted by Meioh_Hades
If we're talking about Wrath of the Lich King's Arthas, he's screwed.

From the Sauron-like cunning evil mastermind of Warcraft 3, he became a sort of "Dr. Claw - like" buffon (poor Arthas... he was one of the best evil video game chars).

In WoTLK just one strike from the Asbringer was able to shatter Frostmourne and make The Lich King totally powerless. The Prime Evils stomp.

How good or bad, or interesting a character Arthas was/is doesn't really have anything to do with how powerful he is. There is no denying that Arthas/Lich King was at his most powerful during WotLK and that's when he would have the best chance against the Prime Evils. The Warcraft 3 or TFT Arthas would just go *splat* in a second.

NemeBro
So would WotLK Arthas. 131

Kix
Were the match one by one
It could be unclear who won
But he's still lacking in feats
So against them he's a tasty treat
Though Arthas is definitely cool
The bothers will send him to school

Meioh_Hades
I think at WoTLK Arthas as a sort of a "baby with a gun".

He got incredible powers, but he doesn't seem to use them well. Almost everytime he appears he gets his ass kicked: in Light's Hope Chapel, at the Wrathgate, in the Chaedral of Darkness and even at the Frozen Throne.

And let's also remember that in the Halls of Reflection both Jaina and Sylvanas can resist him for a while in a 1 vs 1 fight, and also are able to block him.

Arthas HAS (or we should say "had"wink the power to be maybe the strongest being in Azeroth, but he can't use that power well.

ArtificialGlory
The Prime Evils' greatest strengths are their minions and their ability to corrupt the hell out of almost anything. When confronted, they ain't hot shit. I am of course talking about their forms in the mortal realm, as they are implied to be extremely powerful in their own realm(Hell).

NemeBro
Considering a single Prime Evil is apparently stronger than Inarius even in the mortal realm, who IIRC was some stupid bullshit like being hypersonic and able to lift mountains with his mind, stuff.

Meioh_Hades
Arthas' mind is quite "screwed" (Blizzard himself seems to not know if Arthas still has a good side, if Nerzhul's spirit is still active, if the Lich King personality is a totally new thing, etc.).

Do you think that for Diablo, Mephisto and Baal it would be easier or harder to corrupt and control such mind?

ArtificialGlory
I think at WoTLK Arthas as a sort of a "baby with a gun".

He got incredible powers, but he doesn't seem to use them well. Almost everytime he appears he gets his ass kicked: in Light's Hope Chapel, at the Wrathgate, in the Chaedral of Darkness and even at the Frozen Throne.

And let's also remember that in the Halls of Reflection both Jaina and Sylvanas can resist him for a while in a 1 vs 1 fight, and also are able to block him.

Arthas HAS (or we should say "had"wink the power to be maybe the strongest being in Azeroth, but he can't use that power well.

That's the fate of almost every(especially in Warcraft) villain who is much more powerful than the heroes, isn't it? They end up misusing or not using their superior powers or some other bullshit, etc. Besides, people seem to give Lich King too much credit to begin with when it comes to his powers.

Yes, they were able to resist him for a while, but in TFT Sylvanas owned Arthas with a single shot.

NemeBro
I remember when Arthas was being compared to Sargeras.

That was pretty cool.

Pinkie Pie
Arthas' mind is quite "screwed" (Blizzard himself seems to not know if Arthas still has a good side, if Nerzhul's spirit is still active, if the Lich King personality is a totally new thing, etc.).

They know all of this stick out tongue You get to read about it in Rise of the Lich King

Meioh_Hades
As the Lich King, Arthas maybe may compare with Archimonde or even Kil'Jaeden, but Sargeras is truly on another level.

I just hope that when we'll see Sargeras in WoW, he'll not be "dumbed" like Illidan or Arthas (At least they're making a decent job with Deathwing: so far he's still a great villain and not a joke).

ArtificialGlory

Do you think that for Diablo, Mephisto and Baal it would be easier or harder to corrupt and control such mind?

I really don't think they'd have time to screw with Lich King's mind if they were all just thrown into an arena and were told to fight.

Originally posted by NemeBro
I remember when Arthas was being compared to Sargeras.

That was pretty cool.

Yea, that was just painful to read.

Anyway, my knowledge on the Diablo universe only extends to what's been show in the games, so I have no idea about any mountain throwing, being hypersonic or any of that. I only recall Diablo and his brothers being slapped to death by a single mortal with a shortsword. From what I recall, there's just nothing in the games to show that the Prime Evils are particularly powerful.

Pinkie Pie
As the Lich King, Arthas maybe may compare with Archimonde or even Kil'Jaeden, but Sargeras is truly on another level.

I just hope that when we'll see Sargeras in WoW, he'll not be "dumbed" like Illidan or Arthas (At least they're making a decent job with Deathwing: so far he's still a great villain and not a joke). He doesn't compare to either stick out tongue What lies float this forum no expression

ArtificialGlory
Originally posted by Pinkie Pie
He doesn't compare to either stick out tongue What lies float this forum no expression

I know, right? Archimonde or Kil'jaeden would make a joke out of Arthas, even at his most powerful.

NemeBro
Pinkie let's be fair.

That guy is new.

His opinions do not reflect on the forum. estahuh

Meioh_Hades
^^' I've to admit it... You're right about the fact that the two Eredars are far stronger than the Lich King.

Maybe I was too much influenced by the CRAP version of Archimonde in Knaak's "novels" (a brute that doesn't use any spell and wasn't even able to hurt Tyrande).

But is ok if we state Arthas the Lich King as stronger than Tichondrius and Mannoroth?

ArtificialGlory
^^' I've to admit it... You're right about the fact that the two Eredars are far stronger than the Lich King.

Maybe I was too much influenced by the CRAP version of Archimonde in Knaak's "novels" (a brute that doesn't use any spell and wasn't even able to hurt Tyrande).

But is ok if we state Arthas the Lich King as stronger than Tichondrius and Mannoroth?

Knaak... ughh, don't even mention that name. I'm still not sure why I even read the Sundering trilogy.

Yea, I am sure that's ok :P

Meioh_Hades
Same with me...

I was shocked: chars has more personality in the video game incarnation (in Wracraft 3/TFT) than in the novel...

And I was so sad that in WoW they used the "novel personality"...

Poor Illidan: from a tragic anti hero, with the curse "doing the right things for the wrong reasons" he become a mindless drone that doesn't do nothing, and his only memorable thing is the stupid catchphrase "you are not prepared".

Nephthys
Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
That's the fate of almost every(especially in Warcraft) villain who is much more powerful than the heroes, isn't it? They end up misusing or not using their superior powers or some other bullshit, etc. Besides, people seem to give Lich King too much credit to begin with when it comes to his powers.

Urgh, tell me about it. I just watched the ending of FullMetal Alchemist: Brotherhood where the big bad lost because he literally just stood there for 15 minutes and let the heroes wail on his shields til he was out of energy. So lame.

Good anime though. Better than the original.

Meioh_Hades
It's the problem "with great power comes great arrogance".

And the big bad ends up losing against a weaker foe.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Nephthys
Urgh, tell me about it. I just watched the ending of FullMetal Alchemist: Brotherhood where the big bad lost because he literally just stood there for 15 minutes and let the heroes wail on his shields til he was out of energy. So lame.

Good anime though. Better than the original. To be fair, Father was struggling the entire time trying to contain the power of "God."

A lot of his time and effort went towards that.

Before Hoenheim out-gambitted him and expunged the 8 million souls from Father's body, he was going to vape them all with a friggin mini-sun he created through nuclear fusion.

ArtificialGlory
Same with me...

I was shocked: chars has more personality in the video game incarnation (in Wracraft 3/TFT) than in the novel...

And I was so sad that in WoW they used the "novel personality"...

Poor Illidan: from a tragic anti hero, with the curse "doing the right things for the wrong reasons" he become a mindless drone that doesn't do nothing, and his only memorable thing is the stupid catchphrase "you are not prepared".

Yea, tell me about. For the most part, I seriously don't like what WoW has done to the lore and the characters. Is Warcraft 4 so much to ask?

Meioh_Hades
Even I hate that butchering at the established char for the sake of "the players must win" or "for the sake of PvP".

In a "warcraft 3-like" setting the Alliance and the Horde would have kicked both Varian and Garrosh... instead those 2 morons are the great leaders just 'cause "there always must be, a PvP"

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.