Graduation 2006

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Julie
So who's graduating from anything this year? I'll be graduating in a few days...a little less than 2 weeks I guess. Oh, from college that is...undergrad.

What are your future plans?

BTW, hi everybody. I missed ya'll
-Jules

Bardock42
I graduate from German High School this year. So, yeah...

DiamondBullets
Originally posted by Julie
So who's graduating from anything this year? I'll be graduating in a few days...a little less than 2 weeks I guess. Oh, from college that is...undergrad.

-Jules

What college do you go to, and what's your major?

I'm an education major at U-Neb--I'm gonna be a high school teacher and football coach. This fall I'll be attending Aoyama University in Tokyo for a semester abroad and when I return in Spring '07, I'll graduate that May and begin my student teaching that fall.

Revernd Maynard
I'll be graduating in a couple of weeks from high school

should be sweet

Thanos_6383
Congratulations to all of you.

FistOfThe North
I'm graduating on this Sat. May 6 but i'm not gonna go..I have class on that day but the instructor told me to attend graduation but i'm not going. Me and my moms aren't on speaking terms and i wanted her to be there so, ..forget that plan, lol

I'm finishing my undergrad studies this year, as well, so maybe we'll patch things up by then and we'll attend that graduation. For now, our prides are too big just too in the way of each other for anything to happen by the 6th.

I'll just pick up my degree the next day @ the school's Admin offices, or on Monday, rather..

Janus Marius
Associates' in History this year. About damn time. Took forever thanks to working full time.

FistOfThe North
Same here. Receiving an Associates of Science in Business Administration in early May and I'll be done with my Bachelor's of Science in Management by this Dec. I'm considering applying for an M.B.A. (Master's of Business Administration) program., but we'll see.

Are you going to continue, Janus?

Mr. Bacon
graduating hs in a few weeks

Tptmanno1
Yup
June 16th. High School Graduation.

PINBALL
I graduate from 10th grade....

Neo_Version 7
Being as I'm the only 12th grader in my school, I'll probably graduate. stick out tongue

June 16th can't come soon enough though. erm

mechmoggy
Congrats to everyone! big grin

I'm about to sit my finals over the next two weeks...but then I have a year to complete a work-based project. sad

All things being well, I should graduate next year with an MSc.

WrathfulDwarf
I'm a college drop out. Won't be graduating anytime soon.

debbiejo
But we're all gonna die on 06/06/06............So some of you aren't gonna graduate. whistle

botankus
That's nice about everybody graduating, but for the sake of everyone's enjoyment, couldn't we have started a "who got knocked up at the prom" thread??

silver_tears
My prom's in like a month eek!

Then grad is two weeks after that.

lil bitchiness

-Jules

Im graduating from University this year! Its going to be longer than 2 weeks though, I have dissertation to do, and few exams to give, oral and written.

BA (hons) Criminology and Sociology, baby.

In about a month time I will officialy be an academic citizen - and im really looking forward to it.
And hopefully next year at this time I will be telling you how infew months from then I will have my MA graduation happy

Gregory
Me, this coming weekend, with a BA in math. What a pain in the ass; all Sunday, shot, so that I can walk around in a glorified dress for a few hours.

botankus
Originally posted by silver_tears
My prom's in like a month eek!

Hope you don't have to start a thread like the one I mentioned, Irene. Anyway, have fun with the lucky guy!

Janus Marius
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
Same here. Receiving an Associates of Science in Business Administration in early May and I'll be done with my Bachelor's of Science in Management by this Dec. I'm considering applying for an M.B.A. (Master's of Business Administration) program., but we'll see.

Are you going to continue, Janus?

At least yours will be well-paying. I'm going in for the long haul to teach college and high school level history and philosophy. But really, an Associate's degree in America is like the equivalent of high school in Europe. And because I had to work and it took longer to get this degree, I'm well behind any European of the same age as me. It's a shame.

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by Janus Marius
At least yours will be well-paying. I'm going in for the long haul to teach college and high school level history and philosophy. But really, an Associate's degree in America is like the equivalent of high school in Europe. And because I had to work and it took longer to get this degree, I'm well behind any European of the same age as me. It's a shame.

And you guys don't do dissertations as Undergrads, is that true?

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by Gregory
Me, this coming weekend, with a BA in math. What a pain in the ass; all Sunday, shot, so that I can walk around in a glorified dress for a few hours.

BA in Math? blink Shouln't it be BS in Math?

Bardock42
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
BA in Math? blink Shouln't it be BS in Math?

BS in math....hilarious.

Also, I think Mathematics is not regarded as Natural Science, is that possible? Oh and B.Sc. sounds soo much nicer.

mechmoggy
Originally posted by Janus Marius

Nothing wrong with going the long way round Janus.

I left school with nothing, and worked my way through a part-time BEng (Hons), and now an MSc too. Fortunately for me I'm studying Engineering, which is the area I've worked in since leaving school; so this means I may be older than some of the other people in my department, but I've got 8 years of work experience on them...and it shows. thumb up

Inspectah Deck
I'll be graduating in like 3 more years. So yeah...

Jabba the Hutt
Originally posted by Neo_Version 7
Being as I'm the only 12th grader in my school, I'll probably graduate. stick out tongue

Wait, what?

Janus Marius
Originally posted by mechmoggy
Nothing wrong with going the long way round Janus.

I left school with nothing, and worked my way through a part-time BEng (Hons), and now an MSc too. Fortunately for me I'm studying Engineering, which is the area I've worked in since leaving school; so this means I may be older than some of the other people in my department, but I've got 8 years of work experience on them...and it shows. thumb up

This is true. In a sense, I have more responsibility by having to work to the bone and settle myself before fully pursuing a degree. I might not end up a 24 year old teacher like originally planned, but I'll be a seasoned older one.

Nope. No dissertations either.

FistOfThe North
Don't feel bad i'm old too. I started late cause I decided to work for a few years after H.S. Bad idea. I don't recommend it. It's a waste of time. I did nothing after work when I came home at 5pm but hang out/party and play video games. I then went to college at 26. I'm just now going to receive my Bachelor's at 29, this Dec., so.

I took alot of credits every semester to catch up. Like now i'm taking 18 credits and this summer i'll be taking 18 credits as well, lol. Mon-Sat 4 hrs. a day for 9 weeks. That's unheard of but I have alot of energy and no kids. And i actually don't mind going to school. I find it not a big deal, to tell you the truth. In the fall -last semester- all i'll have left to finish up is 12 credits or 4 classes.

But better late than never.

Janus Marius
Yeah, I actually respect people who go to college later when it's harder to go back. We have some older folks in a few of my classes... mothers, grandmothers, etc.

mechmoggy
Mature students usually work harder too...we've seen how bad working life can be, and we want to improve our options. wink

lil bitchiness
I have not made a single brake in my education since I started to be institutionally educated.

So, I will have a Bachelors at 21, and Masters at 22. If all works out as planned, I will be able to reach my Ph.D by the time im 27.

PVS
blink

<---just realising what a slacker he really is/was stick out tongue

silver_tears
Originally posted by botankus
Hope you don't have to start a thread like the one I mentioned, Irene. Anyway, have fun with the lucky guy!

Don't worry I won't stick out tongue
But thank you, and it's guys, a bunch of us are going together although I'm sure by the end of the night people would have all paired off.

And on the topic of university, if all goes to plan I'll be a fully certified lawyer by the time I'm 25 big grin

Mišt
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
I have not made a single brake in my education since I started to be institutionally educated.

So, I will have a Bachelors at 21, and Masters at 22. If all works out as planned, I will be able to reach my Ph.D by the time im 27.

Damn, thats a hell of a gap between Masters and Ph D blink Fark that, I'd just go for Masters. Im gonna have my BA when Im 21 toow00t

lil bitchiness

Mišt
What are you studying? I dont think I noticed on the last page...
What happens if you get half way through between Masters and Ph D? Do they give you credit or do you have to go all the way?

lil bitchiness
Im not sure you do get a recognition - im persuming there has to be some kind for the research you have done up to that point, but you do need to publish a book in order to obtain Ph.D

Im studying BA (hons) Criminology and Sociology, but the masters I will be attending next year is Criminology and Criminal Justice. thumb up

Jedi Priestess

-Jules

CONGRATS JULES, MILLA and SILVER! Happy Dance Happy Dance

Thanos_6383
Originally posted by debbiejo
But we're all gonna die on 06/06/06............So some of you aren't gonna graduate. whistle

Bwahahaha.Where did you hear this?..I remember when we were supposed to die on 09/09/99...well,we are still here........Wait,is that a meteor I see heading my way stick out tongue

FistOfThe North
I'm graduating in 24 hrs and 8 mins, and I know i'm not gonna go but last night I was wondering if i'll regret it.

hm.

Bardock42
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
I'm graduating in 24 hrs and 8 mins, and I know i'm not gonna go but last night I was wondering if i'll regret it.

hm.

Why do you not want to go?

Atlantis001

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by Bardock42
Why do you not want to go?

Long story. Too late now, the ceremony pass. So I stayed home with my lady friend, messed around, ordered chinese food afterwards and watched the "Boondocks". But i'll pick the degree up this Wed., though.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.