The Lake House

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

RedRutgers
I just had to offer my input on WB's upcoming film, The Lake House. What do you think of it?

The way I see this movie, it's basically picking up from where Speed left off. Imagine this: Keanu and Sandra finish making out outside the busted subway station and dust themselves off. They date for about 6 years (which puts us into 2000) and then call it quits. After all, a relationship built on traumatic events can only last so long, right? Our heroes lose touch in 2000, where Keanu decides to return to his first love, architecture. He goes into his father's business and becomes very successful. I don't remember what Sandra did for a living in Speed, but it must have had something to do with medicine. After briefly considering a career in bus driving, she follows her heart and goes after her medical degree. Don't ask me how two years manages to slip between our two protagonists, but I can't wait to see them on-screen together again.

MildPossession
I love it how hardly any places that I have read about this film have failed to mention it's a remake of a Korean film called Il Mare...

RedRutgers
Yup I posted on a couple of sites joking that The Lake House is the third Speed movie and people believed me! You're right about it being a remake although I'm confused about the title. In most places it says that the movie's a remake of a Korean film called Il Mare. However, in Korean it's called Siworae so I'm assuming the film wasn't released in Korea with a Korean name. Do you know anything about this?

RedRutgers

Darth Macabre
I'm confused....How exactly are they seperated by two years? Like, how do the letters get sent, but yet they're seperated?

glenncerritos
I just saw the trailer; looks pretty cheesey

Illyria
For movie like this, you need to leave sense and logic outside the movie theatres and just don't think about it. I am a sci-fi fan myself but it's nice to watch movie like this because they're light and fun. These are date movies and Valentine's day movies that make you feel romantic.

Lana
Originally posted by MildPossession
I love it how hardly any places that I have read about this film have failed to mention it's a remake of a Korean film called Il Mare...

That was the original title of the movie.

Personally I think it looks really cheesy myself, as I'm not a fan of romance movies, but I know my friends and I will go see it anyway....why? A lot of it was filmed in Riverside, IL, which is the town next to mine and where we all went to high school. The train station they show at the end of the trailer is about 2 blocks from my friend Kim's house.

MildPossession
Yes...

BackFire
This movie looks so ****ing stupid. The premise is something out of a satirical Saturday Night Live bit, looks really cheesy.

RedRutgers
I don't think the premise is cheesy all. Well, it could be but it shouldn't be if the movie's handled well. Has anyone seen the TV commercials or just the trailers in the theater? I just saw my first commercial for the movie during the Grey's finale and I think the combination of Sandra and Keanu has great potential

PandoraMomo
Originally posted by Lana
That was the original title of the movie.

Personally I think it looks really cheesy myself, as I'm not a fan of romance movies, but I know my friends and I will go see it anyway....why? A lot of it was filmed in Riverside, IL, which is the town next to mine and where we all went to high school. The train station they show at the end of the trailer is about 2 blocks from my friend Kim's house.
The only reason Iplan on seeing th movie is to see how much of the locals and local houses are in it.
when we found out that a movie was being filmed in riversid eand that sandra bullock and keanu reeves were in it, you know how many speed 6 crakcs were made?

and aparently keanu is ht ebig ditz we all know him to be, according to the shop owners that he amused

InigoMontoya
Where does Speed 2 fit into your scariio RedRutgers?

RedRutgers
Speed 2 doesn't fit into my scenario at all... I was joking. I was implying that perhaps Lake House is the film Speed 2 was supposed to be. Any one even remember Jason Patric? It's a more thoughtful film and an overall more solid story... I was just looking at a graphic of the poster I found on a website. Any thoughts as to why WB put Sandra in color and Keanu in black and white?

Jason

shugie99
They certainly are advertising for it HEAVILY. I keep hearing Keane every time I turn on the tv... I won't be there.

cain marko
i really wanna se it but i'm trying to read the book first (i havnt started like but i will)

UWHusky
You know what... I like this observation! Keanu and Sandra are a good couple! This movie does look good though, I wish I could talk to people in the future!

Originally posted by RedRutgers
I just had to offer my input on WB's upcoming film, The Lake House. What do you think of it?

The way I see this movie, it's basically picking up from where Speed left off. Imagine this: Keanu and Sandra finish making out outside the busted subway station and dust themselves off. They date for about 6 years (which puts us into 2000) and then call it quits. After all, a relationship built on traumatic events can only last so long, right? Our heroes lose touch in 2000, where Keanu decides to return to his first love, architecture. He goes into his father's business and becomes very successful. I don't remember what Sandra did for a living in Speed, but it must have had something to do with medicine. After briefly considering a career in bus driving, she follows her heart and goes after her medical degree. Don't ask me how two years manages to slip between our two protagonists, but I can't wait to see them on-screen together again.

MovieChik318
Originally posted by RedRutgers
I don't think the premise is cheesy all. Well, it could be but it shouldn't be if the movie's handled well. Has anyone seen the TV commercials or just the trailers in the theater? I just saw my first commercial for the movie during the Grey's finale and I think the combination of Sandra and Keanu has great potential

I just saw the trailor a couple of days ago and don't think it looks that bad...yea i also heard it's remake but the storyline is different...a little strange, but definitely different...dont ya'll think?

UWHusky
Yeah, I don't think there is any cheesiness in this plot. The concept is great and it looks like the scenery is very artistic, I am looking forward to watching Lake House

WrathfulDwarf
I give this film the benefit of the doubt. Keanu and Sandra have good chemistry together. Of course I'm not going to in line ready to buy a ticket but eventually I'll watch it around dvd released date.

gshkris7272
i actually want to see this movie, it looks good. keanu, and sandra have work great together.

hellsangels
Originally posted by MildPossession

ahh yeah i heard about that... so not many people would have heard of it being a remake.

i personally think it sounds alright.. the tagline is something like.. how can you love someone you never met... thought provoking... and good to see sandra back in films again since Crash

tegeen
Well, this movie is a remake of the classic Korean film "Il Mare" or 'Siworae" released in 2000. It was very popular in Asia. and oh, if you wanna see a movie review bout it,why dont you peep on mydvdreviews.com. it has a lotta fantastic film reviews which are so much fun to read. =)

hellsangels
Originally posted by tegeen
Well, this movie is a remake of the classic Korean film "Il Mare" or 'Siworae" released in 2000. It was very popular in Asia. and oh, if you wanna see a movie review bout it,why dont you peep on mydvdreviews.com. it has a lotta fantastic film reviews which are so much fun to read. =)

were there two of a simular story name??? u posted both Il Mare and Siworae film titles????

Clone
It 's a wonderful flick. happy

UWHusky

crickey77
I want to see this but have heard mixed reviews...might be a rental.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.