Iron man w/ Thor Buster Armor vs Superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jabba the Hutt
Tony gets 1 minute prep.

Fanboy
Iron Man gets ripped in half and dies.

Thunderstrike
Superman wins 6/10. That's armor built to fight King Thor, pulsing with magical energies. Don't underestimate it.

S.S
This has been Done before and Supes kills him 10/10

S.S
Originally posted by Thunderstrike
Superman wins 6/10. That's armor built to fight King Thor, pulsing with magical energies. Don't underestimate it.
Exactly it's built for Thor not superman.

Thunderstrike
No, SS. It's built to fight King Thor. Bit of a difference. King Thor is leaps and bounds above Superman. This would not be easy for him.

Darth Kal-El
what the hell? are you guys joking around? how is Superman gonna win? i dont understand....i thought King THor was uber powerful. so how is Superman gonna beat him? Isn't he like vulnerable to magic?

aliveinboston
No, SS. It's built to fight King Thor. Bit of a difference. King Thor is leaps and bounds above Superman. This would not be easy for him.

This armor taps into the odin force. Superman would die. Even regular Thor might die. It's not iron man superman would be fighting, but a part of the odin force.

S.S
It's still not meant to fight superman.......... roll eyes (sarcastic)
Supes melts him with heat vision.

aliveinboston
Originally posted by S.S
It's still not meant to fight superman.......... roll eyes (sarcastic)
Supes melts him with heat vision.

Heat vision is not going to do anything to this armour. Thor's lightning is far more powerful and even that may not do anything simply because the odin force protects it. King Thor ripped it apart because he has ultimate control of the odin force and can disable he armor's use of it.

S.S
Originally posted by aliveinboston
Heat vision is not going to do anything to this armour. Thor's lightning is far more powerful and even that may not do anything simply because the odin force protects it. King Thor ripped it apart because he has ultimate control of the odin force and can disable he armor's use of it.
That's because it's made for Thor hence the name Thor buster.

batdude123

Thor's lightning is more powerful? Why don't you look up Superman's heat vision. His heat vision is not only strong enought to blow up a planet at full force, but he can also make it incalcuably hotter than a star.

aliveinboston
Originally posted by S.S
That's because it's made for Thor hence the name Thor buster.

So because it's Thor Buster and not Ronald McDonald Buster, Ronald McDonald can beat it?

Superboy Prime
Pretty Much :P

No seriously I do think Supes heat vision can be more powerful than the lightning. However if the armor is all about the Odin Force than Big Blue is pretty much doomed.

S.S
So because it's Thor Buster and not Ronald McDonald Buster, Ronald McDonald can beat it?
*sigh* *looks in the exitar vs thread*
Oh ok it's you ...... roll eyes (sarcastic)
The armor is specifically made to fight Thor.It has the defenses to counter most of Thors attacks.The armor is not designed to fight against Superman and defend against his attacks now is it.

aliveinboston
Originally posted by batdude123
Thor's lightning is more powerful? Why don't you look up Superman's heat vision. His heat vision is not only strong enought to blow up a planet at full force, but he can also make it incalcuably hotter than a star.

It takes less than you think to blow up a planet. All you have to do is heat up the core. It's pretty easy to create plasma hotter than the sun in a lab. Human's have been doing it for years using surprisingly little power. The sun is 15 Million degrees Kelvin. We have been able to generate plasma (like lightning) that is 2 Billion (!) degrees Kelvin.

http://www.deeperwants.com/cul1/homeworlds/journal/archives/photos/zmachine.jpg

Milkie
There are things on Earth that are way hotter then the sun

batdude123
It takes less than you think to blow up a planet. All you have to do is heat up the core. It's pretty easy to create plasma hotter than the sun in a lab. Human's have been doing it for years using surprisingly little power. The sun is 15 Million degrees Kelvin. We have been able to generate plasma (like lightning) that is 2 Billion (!) degrees Kelvin.

http://www.deeperwants.com/cul1/homeworlds/journal/archives/photos/zmachine.jpg

You realize that there are hotter stars than the sun, right? What the f**k? And he can make the temperature rise to where it is incaluably hotter than anything that scientists use to measure heat. His heat cannot be measured as it is too hot. wink

aliveinboston
Originally posted by S.S
*sigh* *looks in the exitar vs thread*
Oh ok it's you ...... roll eyes (sarcastic)
The armor is specifically made to fight Thor.It has the defenses to counter most of Thors attacks.The armor is not designed to fight against Superman and defend against his attacks now is it.

Right ... so youre saying that the Thor Buster armour was not designed to fight against Ronald McDonald and defend against his attacks and therefore Ronald McDonald would beat Thor Buster Iron Man.

In case you think such an attack is implausible see the below pic and get a dose of reality. Seems those cops are indeed wearing some kind of Ronald McDonald Buster suit.

http://www.americandigest.org/mt-archives/ronaldcrimespree-thumb.jpg

But what about when this Angry Baby attacks? Would even the Ronald McDonald Buster suit protect them?

http://www.tshirthell.com/images/contestpics/a75_002.jpg

aliveinboston
You realize that there are hotter stars than the sun, right? What the f**k? And he can make the temperature rise to where it is incaluably hotter than anything that scientists use to measure heat. His heat cannot be measured as it is too hot. wink

Heat is always measurable.

Thunderstrike
And his heat vision is said to be as hot as Stars, so it's measurable. Are there going to be any posts about the fight, or just more bad logic and talk about Superman's eyes.

Rick/Genis
they're beautiful baby blues though! but mine are bluer big grin

Thunderstrike
Ben Grimm is Mr. Blue Eyes though. He's more known for it. Hell, it's his catch phrase.

Rick/Genis
well YEAH!!!!!

Thunderstrike
Either way, this is an armor powered by the Odinforce. Odinforce>Superman. However, Stark doesn't know how to manipulate it like King Thor does. So, Supes is gonna win 6/10.

Jabba the Hutt
Just out of curiosity, why did Ironman want to fight Thor?

Thunderstrike
King Thor was basically on his way to conquering earth. It's before the whole Rune King saga.

TheKahn
Either way, this is an armor powered by the Odinforce. Odinforce>Superman. However, Stark doesn't know how to manipulate it like King Thor does. So, Supes is gonna win 6/10.

confused Is there a scan that says the suit was powered by the Odinforce? I always thought it was powered by a mystical asgardian element similar to the one that makes up Mjolnir. I'm not saying it defiantly isn't, just that this is the first I've heard of the Odinforce being involved.

S.S
Originally posted by TheKahn
confused Is there a scan that says the suit was powered by the Odinforce? I always thought it was powered by a mystical asgardian element similar to the one that makes up Mjolnir. I'm not saying it defiantly isn't, just that this is the first I've heard of the Odinforce being involved.
Exactly I have never heard anything about no odin force in the Thorbuster.

TheKahn
The main problem I see here is, once again, the speed discrepancy that exists between Superman and a good deal of Marvel characters. While the suit might have enough firepower to hurt Superman, I have trouble seeing how Stark, who is only a human, could possibly hit him.

Thunderstrike
Mjolnir and that element are both powered by the same source, being the Odinforce.

TheKahn
Mjolnir and that element are both powered by the same source, being the Odinforce.

Well, iirc, they may both be enchanted by Odin (can't recall if it was ever explicitly stated just how the fragment was powered) which one could argue is not the same thing as being powered by the Odinforce. What I mean is while Odin might have granted special abilities to each, I do not think either would be able to access the full power of Odinforce or even a fraction of it in the same way as Odin does.

S.S
It's made of uru it was never stated to have the odinforce.Mjolnir doesn't even have the odinforce.
Sorry but Ironman gets creamed.

Thunderstrike
How? Still an armor built to beat the King of Asgard. It posesses more power than Superman has. All you're giving so far is "He's Superman."

Adam Warlock
Iron Man tangled with King Thor. Not normal Thor. This is the same King Thor who killed Durok The Demolisher with a godblast. The same King Thor that killed Desak who was wearing the Destroyer Armor.

If King Thor was serious, Tony would have been killed. The armor was powered by an unknown stone/element that was given to Stark by Thor. When the power was harnessed by the armors reactor, Tony could tap into the very same energy field Thor could. For more info on this armor read Iron Man(Volume 3) #64.

Tony was owning Thor in the beginning. He also withstood magical blasts from Thor's hammer and channeled the residual and kinetic energy throughout his armor powering up his armor even more. Then again, the suit wasn't tested and he could not channel enough energy into the armor to defeat King Thor. Thor got serious and practically ripped the armor off.

IM's enchanted repulsors would probably be enough to put Superman down.

6 out of 10 for Asgardian Powered Iron Man.

He's Superman... sick

Adam Warlock
Originally posted by S.S
It's made of uru it was never stated to have the odinforce.Mjolnir doesn't even have the odinforce.
Sorry but Ironman gets creamed.

no expression The Odinforce powers the Mjolnir...

mighty adam
Thor's lightning is more powerful? Why don't you look up Superman's heat vision. His heat vision is not only strong enought to blow up a planet at full force, but he can also make it incalcuably hotter than a star. lightning is hotter then the sun. now thor's lightning is 100 more powerful yes his lightning is more powerful and hotter then supes lil heat vision.

mighty adam
You realize that there are hotter stars than the sun, right? What the f**k? And he can make the temperature rise to where it is incaluably hotter than anything that scientists use to measure heat. His heat cannot be measured as it is too hot. wink ......... lol i love when people say funny things

StyleTime
Originally posted by mighty adam
lightning is hotter then the sun. now thor's lightning is 100 more powerful yes his lightning is more powerful and hotter then supes lil heat vision.
Lightning is hotter than the surface of the sun.

Rick/Genis
I'm hotter than the surface of the sun wink

Darth Kal-El
wait i dont understand. The Thorbuster was built to fight King Thor. Why can't it defeat superman?

Thunderstrike
Cush hesh Shuperman!

TheKahn
Originally posted by Adam Warlock
Iron Man tangled with King Thor. Not normal Thor. This is the same King Thor who killed Durok The Demolisher with a godblast. The same King Thor that killed Desak who was wearing the Destroyer Armor.

If King Thor was serious, Tony would have been killed. The armor was powered by an unknown stone/element that was given to Stark by Thor. When the power was harnessed by the armors reactor, Tony could tap into the very same energy field Thor could. For more info on this armor read Iron Man(Volume 3) #64.

Tony was owning Thor in the beginning. He also withstood magical blasts from Thor's hammer and channeled the residual and kinetic energy throughout his armor powering up his armor even more. Then again, the suit wasn't tested and he could not channel enough energy into the armor to defeat King Thor. Thor got serious and practically ripped the armor off.

IM's enchanted repulsors would probably be enough to put Superman down.

6 out of 10 for Asgardian Powered Iron Man.

He's Superman... sick

Here are two links with info on the Throbuster armor for people who don't have Iron Man #64
http://www.ironmanarmory.com/thorarmor.html

http://www.advancediron.com/armory/thorbuster.php

While I agree that the repulsors could very well hurt Superman I just fail to see how Stark will ever hit him given Superman's speed. To my knowledge (and I could be wrong) there isn't any evidence that the Thorbuster armor increased Stark's reaction time to the point where he could follow/track someone traveling at or near the speed of light. Underneath all the armor, Stark is still basically human (even given his new Extrimis upgrade).

Also as the armor was geared towards defending against magical attacks, I'm not sure how it would do against Superman's physical attacks or his heat vision.

Tony Stark
Originally posted by TheKahn
Here are two links with info on the Throbuster armor for people who don't have Iron Man #64
http://www.ironmanarmory.com/thorarmor.html

http://www.advancediron.com/armory/thorbuster.php

While I agree that the repulsors could very well hurt Superman I just fail to see how Stark will ever hit him given Superman's speed. To my knowledge (and I could be wrong) there isn't any evidence that the Thorbuster armor increased Stark's reaction time to the point where he could follow/track someone traveling at or near the speed of light. Underneath all the armor, Stark is still basically human (even given his new Extrimis upgrade).

Also as the armor was geared towards defending against magical attacks, I'm not sure how it would do against Superman's physical attacks or his heat vision.

The real question is how does Superman get hit by Batman...Lex Luthor...Grundy...Grodd...Etc.

And the answer is how Iron Man hits Superman...

Asgardian Iron Man 8/10

Whether you Supes fans want to or like to admit it... The armor is Technomagic Superman is DEAD...

Magic>Superman

TheKahn
Originally posted by Tony Stark
The real question is how does Superman get hit by Batman...Lex Luthor...Grundy...Grodd...Etc.

Asgardian Iron Man 8/10

Whether you Supes fans want to or like to admit it... The armor is Technomagic Superman is DEAD...

Magic>Superman

The answer to that is he holds back a majority of times A) because he is a good guy and he doesn't want to kill even the bad guys and B) that he can afford to in most cases thanks to his durability.

However, he will not be holding back in this fight thanks to the rules of this forum. Now, would it be safe, then, to assume by your response that you do not know of any evidence that the Thorbuster armor grants any increase in Stark's reaction times to a point where he could at least follow someone of Superman speed?

Avalonofthewind
A - Superman melts it....if Blackrock..a magical weapon can't take the heat..I doubt this armor would.

B - He simply strips Tony of his armor, just like Thor himself did.

Darth Kal-El
Originally posted by Tony Stark

Asgardian Iron Man 8/10

Magic>Superman You're forgetting one thing...

HE'S SUPERMAN!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.