Cloud Vs. Dante

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

NBT

NBT
About Cloud.
In Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children, two years after the events of Final Fantasy VII, Cloud has been affected by a disease known as "Geostigma", which is an effect caused by a natural eliminary reaction to the inherent unnatural Jenova cells. This is why Cloud's left arm is cloaked in Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children; to hide the disfiguration. Children affected with Geostigma have been taken captive by a trio of men: Kadaj, Loz, and Yazoo, who consider anyone with Geostigma or Jenova cells to be their "siblings". They plan to manipulate the children's infection of Jenova cells to lead them to Jenova's remains, allowing them to take part in a new Reunion of Jenova's cells and Sephiroth's divided Spirit Energy, of which they are the physical manifestations. This places the burden of saving the children upon Cloud. As Tifa states early in the film, Cloud must once and for all find that incredible strength he found during the final battle of Final Fantasy VII to save the future. This conflict is the basic plot element in the film, as Cloud comes to various conclusions as well as reaffirmations from his friends. Finally coming to terms with his self-imposed guilt, Cloud gives it his all in the end to show the villainous trio his true power, but not without some help from a departed old friend and his surviving comrades.

Cloud is featured with his new motorbike called "Fenrir" which features a sword rack built into the sides of the motorbike. He is also seen performing the Limit Break "Climhazzard" on Bahamut, limit break "Blade Beam" against the attack from Loz, limit break "Braver" on Bahamut, "Cross Slash" against Sephiroth and "Finishing Touch" during the battle against Kadaj throughout the movie (he uses all of his limits except for two: Meteorain, and the original version of Omnislash). Cloud has a very unique new weapon in Advent Children replacing the Buster Sword; the First Tsurugi (or "First Sword"wink, which is in fact a weapon with the ability to separate and reassemble into smaller swords. Cloud is shown to be extremely powerful and skilled when he finally gives it his all, as Kadaj can barely even touch him in combat. This is a throwback to the finale of Final Fantasy VII, where Cloud seems to become a powerful SOLDIER on par with even Sephiroth after he comes to terms with himself. However, before the struggle can end, Cloud is in for one last big surprise at the climax of the film.

MadMel
.....eh.........very detailed..

Tallis
dante. Now had it been vincent and Cloud, vs. dante that would've made an extremely intresting match

Lord Ryugen
Dante, without good materia Cloud lacks the versatility to be an effective combatant against Dante, sure he's got a physical edge but Dante's durability and Devil trigger carry him through.

ESB - 1138
Cloud has some good limit breaks not to include his speed as seen in Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children where he was fast enough to block bullets. If he uses Omnislash (move used to kill Sephiroth at the end of Advent Children) Dante is as good as dead.

Whiteclipse
dante

caocao200
Kinda hard to decide.. i'll go with dante
He has so much weaponary and each one with their own abilities.. plus he has devil trigger and quicksilver that slows time down...

Lord Ryugen
Originally posted by ESB - 1138
Cloud has some good limit breaks not to include his speed as seen in Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children where he was fast enough to block bullets. If he uses Omnislash (move used to kill Sephiroth at the end of Advent Children) Dante is as good as dead.

True, but Dante has the agility to avoid most if not all the limit breaks. Remember most of Clouds moves, are just more powerful trikes with his blade. Blade Beam travels in a straight line, and the original Omnislash was just a berserker combo. The new one like the others, only truly effective when the opponent can't move. His best chance here would be Metorain or high level magic and summons. Barring that Dante takes a majority.

IcePunk
*leans towards Dante* correction: quicksilver stops time totally, watch the cutscene when he gets it

NBT
Yea i'll go with Dante as well.

1021kid
i think cloud well actually nbt where are they fighting and what are there levels

Tallis

Actually I think the move he kills seph with is Knights Of the Round

shin_remy
Dante wins this

to many powers that puts him in advantage against almost everything

Lord Ryugen
Originally posted by Tallis
Actually I think the move he kills seph with is Knights Of the Round

Really? Knights of the Round was a summon that brought King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table out to attack your enemies. The move Cloud does is about 6 to 8 slashes with the various blades that make up his sword.

ESB - 1138
Omnislash in Final Fantasy VII is no type of berserk. Cloud gathers his energy into his sword and attacks the enemy/enemies with precise cuts and near perfect aim with speed and power in complete unison. The newer version of Omnislash circles the opponent preventing the enemy from escaping and it holds more speed nearing the speed of sound where as Sephiroth couldn't do a thing to block or dodge the attack.

If Dante gets all his toys Cloud gets all his toys. Cloud would do stuff like Knights of the Round and Bahamut Zero. Not to mention that Blade Beam may travel in a straight line but it divides into smaller beams as well which would catch Dante off guard. Finishing Blow managed to catch Kadaj off guard and disarm him as well as throw him a great distance and with Finishing Blow and Metorian Dante wouldn't see that ever coming.

IcePunk
Omnislash in Final Fantasy VII is no type of berserk. Cloud gathers his energy into his sword and attacks the enemy/enemies with precise cuts and near perfect aim with speed and power in complete unison. The newer version of Omnislash circles the opponent preventing the enemy from escaping and it holds more speed nearing the speed of sound where as Sephiroth couldn't do a thing to block or dodge the attack.

If Dante gets all his toys Cloud gets all his toys. Cloud would do stuff like Knights of the Round and Bahamut Zero. Not to mention that Blade Beam may travel in a straight line but it divides into smaller beams as well which would catch Dante off guard. Finishing Blow managed to catch Kadaj off guard and disarm him as well as throw him a great distance and with Finishing Blow and Metorian Dante wouldn't see that ever coming. I wouldnt say that the materia is his since you can give it to any character, but his special attacks are his ofcourse

Lord Ryugen

If Dante gets all his toys Cloud gets all his toys. Cloud would do stuff like Knights of the Round and Bahamut Zero. Not to mention that Blade Beam may travel in a straight line but it divides into smaller beams as well which would catch Dante off guard. Finishing Blow managed to catch Kadaj off guard and disarm him as well as throw him a great distance and with Finishing Blow and Metorian Dante wouldn't see that ever coming.

I always saw Omnislash as a berserk attack. No matter how accurate or powerful it is, in the end it is just a rapid combo of sword slashes. The Newer version only works if a person is in the circle of blades. They're both powerful as hell but to be perfectly honest they're not the most difficult attacks to dodge.

As IcePunk said materia is a no go here. Blade beam only splits once it makes contact with something. if you sidestep the initial attack it's useless. Finishing Touch done at point blank range would give Cloud an advantage but to be honest Dante should move once he sees the starting move for Metorain, no one jumps up in the air spinning their sword unless they're going to do something with it.

In my opinion without materia Cloud just doesn't have enough tricks to get past Dante's insane durability.

shin_remy
Dante is half Demon. Is not so easy to be killed!

The son of Sparda! he gets a sword through his chest and still stands.

if that happens to Cloud he is dead. Dante is too mutch for cloud to handle

Offtopic
''And what with this cloud vs topics ?''

IcePunk
Originally posted by shin_remy
Dante is half Demon. Is not so easy to be killed!

The son of Sparda! he gets a sword through his chest and still stands.

if that happens to Cloud he is dead. Dante is too mutch for cloud to handle

Offtopic
''And what with this cloud vs topics ?'' actually Cloud got Seph's sword through his chest but he barely survied after that, but Zack saved him or something like that....here, watch the anime of that, it's really cool http://gh.ffshrine.org/view.php?id=1075

Stalker 360
dante wins sparda trigger and quicksilver.
dont post facts of wiki (NBT)
cloud could withstand 1-2 sword strikes
and theres loads of cloud vs topics because AC juct came out on dvd big grin big grin big grin

NBT
Originally posted by 1021kid
i think cloud well actually nbt where are they fighting and what are there levels

All out.

NBT
Originally posted by Stalker 360
dante wins sparda trigger and quicksilver.
dont post facts of wiki (NBT)
cloud could withstand 1-2 sword strikes
and theres loads of cloud vs topics because AC juct came out on dvd big grin big grin big grin

And why should'nt i? I see no rule stateing that. And it's not from Wiki. huh

Dragoncloud
you make some good points but lets take the materia crap out of this.

everyone keeps talking about dante's durability but apparently many of you are misinformed and misguided...or you just forget several things that will make the difference in this match. Cloud IS the one that took the masamune, a legendary sword that was considered unbeatable by even the devil himself, and still had the strength to beat sephiroth, both in FFVII and in AC. Both fighters have trumendous endurance.

First, the omnislash. it Is just basically a berserker mode form of it except if you pay attention to it it involves a large amount of energy gathered in the blade. Next the AC version, that's not an omnislash and it doesn't require the opponent to be in a circle, just the blades to be close enough for cloud to grab hold of them for the next atack, which he doesn't even need to grab them. try cross referencing that move with ssome of cloud's skills in his alternate appearance, namely, kingdom hearts. That "omnislash" is actually cloud's sonic blade technique, which is strikingly similar to dante's stinger technique but faster and more forceful.

have most of you forgotten that Loz had agility comparable to dante's because of the wrist device that he had and cloud took him and yazoo, who was shooting his guns, on at the same time. so agility can't be too large of a factor in this fight. NOt to mention that Dante's "wonderful speed" that you all keep referring to, seems to only be present in cutscenes where he has plenty of room to move about with lots of space initially between him and his opponent, which considering that cloud is consistent with close range combat, that is highly unlikely.

Now for dante's devil wake, I view it as just a berserker mode. So if we discredit the abilities of cloud's omnislash then we should discredit dante's devil wake, right? but for siple reasons, this being a contest of skill rather than popularity, we'll leave both aspects alone.(at least i will) and remember, dante's devil wake only lasts for a short time, which means that unleass he can win quickly while in that state, it won't do any good.

Next, let's discuss personality and battle styles. cloud has mastered a zweihander which as displayed in AC can break apart as well as wield a dual zweihander style, while Dante has exceptional skill in many fighting styles and gunslinging. However, here's where both of their faults show, personality. Cloud has a tendency of taking a very head on forceful approach until he is caught in the heat of battle long enough for his adrenaline to kick in and Dante is cocky and intentionally leaves himself open to attacks frequently during short breaks in one on one combat. these particular traits make a large difference in their battle would it not?

I'm not saying who would win and who wouldn't but i am saying that this thread was opened up with a very detailed description of Dante, and a very vague and weak one of cloud. I like both characters myself so i dont' think it was quite fair to do that to either of them.

Hopefully this new piece of information will open new light through the cloudy window for you all to consider.

IcePunk

shin_remy

Burning thought
laughing this little genetically enhanced Human has been around long enough, kill the fool, Dante is a half Demon, Demons and angels almost always win,especially against humans and their speed and strength is unquestionable

Dante will just blast cloud to bits with a few rocket launcher blasts, he can dodge bullets but not explosions well placed at his feet, or Dante can just devil trigger and slash cloud in half, or quicksilver and then simply slice Cloud in half there while he is frozen in time

pitiful Humans are no match for Divine/half divine entities

IcePunk
wow youre a fanboy Oh, you're the to say that........riiiiiiiighterm

at least I make understandable and not so capsy posts

Originally posted by Burning thought
laughing this little genetically enhanced Human has been around long enough, kill the fool, Dante is a half Demon, Demons and angels almost always win,especially against humans and their speed and strength is unquestionable

Dante will just blast cloud to bits with a few rocket launcher blasts, he can dodge bullets but not explosions well placed at his feet, or Dante can just devil trigger and slash cloud in half, or quicksilver and then simply slice Cloud in half there while he is frozen in time

pitiful Humans are no match for Divine/half divine entities

Exactly, but it seems some people have a time getting that part erm

Dragoncloud

IcePunk
Originally posted by Dragoncloud
i agree with shin on that one...you ARE a fanboy...but if you even bothered playing half of FFVII and giving two wits to the game...(and the movie) cloud doesn't exactly need a bullet proof forehead...and dante doesn't have one either...the bullet went through his head instead of bouncing off. thus proving his head isn't exactly bullet proof, not to mention that i want to argue that fact with the first motorcycle fight in AC. Yazoo shoots cloud in the head and the bullet kinda just bounced off didn't it? it left a scar but that was it, and don't tell me taht the goggles blocked it cuz those biker goggles were made of plastic, like most.
With that aside let's get onto the fact that Cloud was exposed to severe jenova experiments and was intended to be turned into a sephiroth clone. Now with sephiroth being such a big bastard to kill, what makes you think Cloud would be any easier?
Before you start wailing about one of the characters in this thing, make sure you understand a little bit about both of them. You keep trying to turn this into a one sided fight which it clearly shouldnt' be considering all the factors that make all the difference in this match.

as far as your divine comment goes...you might want to read up a bit more on your DIVINES/HALF DIVINES go...you might want to look further into japanese legends on the origins of these creatures...they are actually VERY vulnerable to humans...but humans only feared them becuase MOST of them were to stupid to think of ways to take them out. That quicksilver crap is just a noobish excuse for a god moder to think up a quick win. I'm personally in favor of both characters but some people just don't get the idea that in a way Dante uses his own little form of "Materia" as well. What would Dante be without all his little orbs hm? no magic, no health revitalization, no magic bs, nothing. sides, what would happen if the "oh so hated" Cloud got his hands on a little bit of Holy Water? (there's something you dmc fanboys must be familiar with)

Face it, this is one fight you cant' just walk in and say "so-and-so would win hands down!" there's too much thought and too many battle factors to take in on it before you can come up with a final resolution. laughinglaughinglaughinglaughing I have played through the game (twice) and seen every movie (twice) based on it so dont barge in here calling me a fanboy. That bullet bounced of his shades and went off course barely touches his head, blindman roll eyes (sarcastic) that's something called sheer luck, wierd assumption I might say. The orbs are used in gameplay, he never use any of his orbs to uber heal in ANY of the cutscenes and just as any game character, his actual power and durabity are greatly restricted in gameplay. Quicksilver is a noobish excuse? *rofles* you're forgetting one major thing, Dante is lazy. Humans being good against demon? *rofles yet again* how come "lady" didnt have chance?
And what holy water do you mean? The one that heals you from curses and what not or the one that ALMOST kills everything surrounding the user?

Nice counter though, I must at least give you that wink

kamikz
Dragoncloud, could you say why Quicksilver is a noobish excuse? How will he survive it?

IcePunk
*whispers to Kamikz*(I think he thinks it's a cheap ticket to victory)

laughing out loud

kamikz
lol

Dragoncloud
Originally posted by kamikz
Dragoncloud, could you say why Quicksilver is a noobish excuse? How will he survive it?
Simple, in both dimensions of the characters' existences, they would naturally survive a few instantaneous blows from each other, under the effects of time stops or not. Plus none of us are exactly quite sure what all the combination of mako and jenova cells infused into a human body would do. for all we know Cloud could be immune to such things judging from how jenova was immune to any time spells in the game, then again Cloud was effected by slow and stop in game play, but that could have been in order to prevent someone from god moding or to conceal the secret of Cloud's history in the game.

And i'm sorry about the whole assumption of the bullet bouncing off his shades assumption but it was made to further prove a point and yes, most game characters abilities ARE greatly restricted in gameplay, namely, dante, krados, link, and other characters in hack and slash based games. But the existance of these objects in gameplay hint towards their existance in the characters own little "dimension" meaning that they are vital to a number of the characters abilities. Not to mention, cutscenes and movie clips are made to over-exagerate a character for visual appeal, whether it be dante, cloud or ANY other game character. But when i say orbs, i'm not referring to the little powerups you pick up off the ground that heal you and give you what some have called "money" in the game, i'm talking about the actually blue, purple, green, yellow, white and whatever other colored orbs. Without a number of blue orbs, dante's endurance isn't too extremely high though he could still take a good beating before he went down. And i'm sorry for the confusion over the whole holy water thing, i meant the one that practically kills everything in dmc 3.

And finally my reference to the "humans being good against demons" i base that off of most japanese literature and fairy tales, which happens to be the very origin of where these concepts originated.
Originally posted by IcePunk
*whispers to Kamikz*(I think he thinks it's a cheap ticket to victory)
laughing out loud meh...kinda...quick silvers a quick win against most low level spawned demons in the game but wouldn't be quite as effective on someone who could rank upon some of the bosses in the game.

I want to appologize if you all think im just for cloud winning because that's not the case, personally this IS one of the toughest calls i've had to make in a match like this. Even my accquantances in class can't decide on an outcome. I'm in favor for dante as much as i am for cloud. (even though i dont' know as much about dante) Personally, I'm starting to think that with all the FFVII spinoffs coming up we should submit this idea to Capcom and Square and have them talk it out and argue about it until they decide to create a visual of the battle for us to all see.

IcePunk
Dante uses Quicksilver and blows Cloud's head off with his shotgun, Cloud dies and he didnt and couldnt make one move, I dont dont see what's hard to understand about that

shin_remy
Dante uses Quicksilver and blows Cloud's head off with his shotgun, Cloud dies and he didnt and couldnt make one move, I dont dont see what's hard to understand about that

i think that Dante may win but still you're a unbelieveble fanboy!!

that argument don't work on everybody, maybe this will work on cloud but i think it is not a good argument.

Dragoncloud
i think that Dante may win but still you're a unbelieveble fanboy!!

that argument don't work on everybody, maybe this will work on cloud but i think it is not a good argument. *sigh* I'm starting to give up myself...

Marcellus
I just want too point out Dante's not that godly people, Vergil put him on his ass with a sword to the gut. a sword thats a FRACTION the size of Clouds "first Sword",thats rather slim durability or PIS, either way. And again about his durability Omislash would absolutley kill Dante, And cmon Cloud not using materia is thee biggest cop out Ive EVER seen.

Quicksilver can and will run out. and If Dante use's air hike and quicksilver than the devil trigger runs out TWICE as fast.

and "Super Dante" is not cannon, he is unlockable. Dante can only transform for a limited time. and Dante as an adult cant even use Quicksilver.

but becuase of his versitility weapons and such I still think Dante takes a majority of wins dont get me wrong there. Dante would take 7/10.

Dragoncloud
Originally posted by Marcellus
I just want too point out Dante's not that godly people, Vergil put him on his ass with a sword to the gut. a sword thats a FRACTION the size of Clouds "first Sword",thats rather slim durability or PIS, either way. And again about his durability Omislash would absolutley kill Dante, And cmon Cloud not using materia is thee biggest cop out Ive EVER seen.

Quicksilver can and will run out. and If Dante use's air hike and quicksilver than the devil trigger runs out TWICE as fast.

and "Super Dante" is not cannon, he is unlockable. Dante can only transform for a limited time. and Dante as an adult cant even use Quicksilver.

but becuase of his versitility weapons and such I still think Dante takes a majority of wins dont get me wrong there. Dante would take 7/10. finally a realistic battle predictionist...

IcePunk
No one even said this is adult Dante, NBT just threw in some WIKI info about the two, Vergil's sword was used by Sparda and is NOT a ordinary sword, besides Dante was not at his top at that time, he had yet to controll his DT, his real powers, but yet he recovered.

shin_remy
WIKI?

who use wikipedia these days?

damn that a bad source to get your info!!

IcePunk
I dont really know, it looked WIKI

Dragoncloud
Wiki? *sigh* i got sick of that place after it's inability to deliver accurate information

Marcellus
No one even said this is adult Dante, NBT just threw in some WIKI info about the two, Vergil's sword was used by Sparda and is NOT a ordinary sword, besides Dante was not at his top at that time, he had yet to controll his DT, his real powers, but yet he recovered.

Why use DT when you can take Sparda form

Only the Adult Dante can turn into Sparda, Teen Dante's DT is the weakest so far but that's for obvious maturity reasons. The Yamato is an extremly well made katana and a momento from his father, as pointed out in the Game the Force edge was superior to the yamato when Arkam swung it around throwing off energy wave's and the "First Sword" cleveling huge chunks of building implies that it too is not an ordinary sword.

And Vergil didnt use his DT in that first fight, Yet he still put Dante down. and Dante didnt die becuase....well obviously the sequal's. And Im sure deep down the brother's never actually wanted to kill one another, It just took Vergil getting beat down in the end to realize it.

If I was Vergil and didnt have continuity to deal with I would have cut Dante's head off and made sure he was dead, Vergilis half demon too he should have known Dante would have recovered even after the second stabbing. Or maybe he wanted to awaken Dante's DT......meh

It's pretty pointless arguing on how Dante would win, I agree He would win but not in some land slide Victory. Wait until Dirge of Cerberus comes out. Vincent would be a more interesting fight seeing how we yet dont know what his abilities will be

http://mokkori60.free.fr/Chaos%20Scan.jpg

*on a side note any one who loved DMC3 must have the special edition. worth the extra 20 bucks easily*

IcePunk
I liked DMC 1 more, it's the best one IMO and yeah, Vincent might prove more challanging, who knows.

I wouldnt say DMC3 Dante's the weakest cuz in that game he has got the really usefull styles; Doppelganger and Quicksilver and not to mention more advanced fighting techniques, something DMC & DMC2 didnt have. But something neither DMC3 and DMC2 had was an heavy arcadeish atmosphere which is one of the reasons I love DMC1 stick out tongue.

.....*looks closer at frontpage of japanese mag* HOLY SHIT!! DUAL MINIGUN?!?

Marcellus
Yeah that gun look's friggin tuff.

I mean Dante was a beast in DMC3 skill wise, I loved Beowulf and Nevan, but his DT didnt really seem like it could cut lose with the projectiles...er..like in 2 where his hands were literally weapons in stead of still using ebony and ivory.

anyhow I cant wait for DMC4, hopefully the bring a lot of the past character's back. that red haired chick, Trish, Lady, Vergil and so on

IcePunk
I'm pretty sure Vergil got uterly pwned and killed by Dante in DMC1 and pretty sure he wasnt aware of that it was Vergil sad Vergil was so cool

NBT

It's not from Wiki!

IcePunk
where is it from then?

Dragoncloud
where is it from then? his mother? or maybe the magical dmc fairy!!! laughing

shin_remy
where is it from then?

don't make stupid jokes cause i know YOU use WIKI!!!

Razielim
Both are extremely fast, but I'd give Dante the edge of durability. He managed to shrug off a few swords through the chest and bullets to the face.

Good fight though. Dante with Devil Trigger, guns and superior durability will eventually triumph over Cloud's good speed/skill and materia.

IcePunk
Bump no expression

ESB - 1138
Look Cloud is a powerful fighter and so is Dante. But Dante outclasses Cloud in this fight.

clouds_babygirl
i'm not totally sure cloud and dante are both hotties! droolio
cloud,no dante, no cloud, no dante, man i can't choose.

NBT
Originally posted by Dragoncloud
his mother? or maybe the magical dmc fairy!!! laughing

Try Answers.com what have you been smoking. huh

Pain_of_death3
Dante would beat the living dog snot outta him...Cloud's a good swordsman and all but he's not part demon....

IcePunk
don't make stupid jokes cause i know YOU use WIKI!!!
Dont be stupid and say you KNOW when all you do is creating stupid theories about people you dont know, now get outta my sight mad

DiVine-Hatred
Dante wud beat cloud coz if no matter what you think, even if it is a "noob" move Dante can become pretty much immortal through devil trigger and quicksilver. But even if he didn't use either of them , Dante cannot die to a human no matter how powerful and quick.
Also if you think that orbs shouldn't be counted if materia isn't then think of it this way, cloud gets experience which levels him and allows for ihm to get stronger and new abilities and that is the comparison of orbs. After all what would Cloud be without experience, dead instantly. Despite what you want to believe cloud is just no match for Dantes speed and durability, and yes dante IS much faster.

Cloud_VII
I just wanted to say that a thread that has a title that remotely resembles another isn't a duplicate thread; as long as it has different set rules. For instance, a thread titled Cloud vs. Dante 1 can be different that a thread titled Cloud vs. Dante 2, as long as the rules in each topics are different. That way, there can be different types of arguments regarding both characters.

Lana
Originally posted by Cloud_VII
I just wanted to say that a thread that has a title that remotely resembles another isn't a duplicate thread; as long as it has different set rules. For instance, a thread titled Cloud vs. Dante 1 can be different that a thread titled Cloud vs. Dante 2, as long as the rules in each topics are different. That way, there can be different types of arguments regarding both characters.

What you think is a duplicate thread is completely irrelevant.

If it contains the same characters, it is a duplicate thread. No other way around it.

Emperor Ashtar
Dante wins, now I'll just wait for someone fanboy to mention clouds fight with safer sephiroth in advent children despite it not being canon.

Cloud_VII
Originally posted by Lana
What you think is a duplicate thread is completely irrelevant.

If it contains the same characters, it is a duplicate thread. No other way around it. No, what I said was a duplicate thread was right. You know the definition of the word "duplicate"?

Certain characters can become different beings through transformations and ascensions. Say if a thread didn't allow Character A's highest level of power against Character B. That shouldn't prevent someone else from making a different thread that allows Character A's highest form against Character B. The example I gave was not a duplicate thread, for a duplicate is something corresponding in all respects to another.

Superboy Prime
I agree with what you're saying, but she's the mod and she will have it her way, so forget about it.

Cloud_VII
Originally posted by Superboy Prime
I agree with what you're saying, but she's the mod and she will have it her way, so forget about it. Yeah, unfortunately.

beta ray bob
so.... DMC4 ON 360!!!! HAAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cloud_VII
Originally posted by beta ray bob
so.... DMC4 ON 360!!!! HAAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm glad it's being made on the PS3 and 360.

StyleTime
Cloud fought Safer Sephiroth in Advent Children despite it not being canon.

Also, Lana your avatar is rediculously cute. I want to hug her. Did you draw that?

Cloud_VII
Originally posted by StyleTime
Cloud fought Safer Sephiroth in Advent Children despite it not being canon.

Also, Lana your avatar is rediculously cute. I want to hug her. Did you draw that? Advent Children is canon. I have proof if you want it. Also, what Cloud fought in Advent Children is nothing compared to Safer Sephiroth; he fought a Sephiroth clone who's barely on the level of the real Sephiroth.

StyleTime
I'll give you until after my first class tomorrow to rethink your post Cloud VII.

Also I reiterate. Lana, your avatar is rediculously cute. I want to hug her. Did you draw that?

Cloud_VII
You implied, I think, that AC isn't canon. One fight scene in the movie not being canon pretty much means the entire movie isn't. AC is canon for a fact. Chances are I probably didn't know what you meant.

Facts are facts. Safer Sephiroth > Sephiroth > Sephiroth clone. Safer Sephiroth is the most powerful villain in the Final Fantasy VII universe, and no Sephiroth clone is any greater than the real Sephiroth. Going to that, I'm pretty sure what I said was correct.

grey fox
Dante wins simply put.

Cloud_VII
Definitely. Cloud is pretty badass but he can't beat someone of Dante's level.

Emperor Ashtar
So, where's the proof that Advent Children is canon?

StyleTime
Originally posted by Emperor Ashtar
Dante wins, now I'll just wait for someone fanboy to mention clouds fight with safer sephiroth in advent children despite it not being canon.
Does my particular brand of humor make any more sense now Cloud_VII?

Also, Lana wtf.
Originally posted by StyleTime
Lana, your avatar is rediculously cute. I want to hug her. Did you draw that?

lightness
dante's too broken for cloud to handle. if you count ac as not canon that's even more broken. cloud had to wait for turns, and can't even jump up ladders in the original game. not to mention he needs friends in battle

Baby Bear
Dante will own Cloud. For sakes dante is half demon. Son of a Devil!!!

Burning thought
CLoud dies within 5 minutes

Superboy Prime
Never heard/saw anything proving FF Advent Children is not canon. It's part of the compilation of FF7 among Crisis Core for the PSP, Before Crisis for mobile phones & Dirge of Cerberus for the PS2. So why exactly is it not canon? Safer Sephiroth? I don't really think Cloud fought Safer Sephiroth simply because Sephy pulled a wing out of no where after he was defeated.

Cloud_VII
Originally posted by Emperor Ashtar
So, where's the proof that Advent Children is canon? It was sent to your pm box yesterday by yours truly.

beta ray bob
advent children is canon because, it was made by square enix

Remulous
Even if it was canon, would it matter?

Cloud_VII
Originally posted by Remulous
Even if it was canon, would it matter? No, but facts should be stated either way.

Burning thought
Kain comes and pwns both of em for the fun of it..... Happy Dance evil face

jugment-hand

geshien
wouldn't cloud have materia at his disposal? if so cloud ftw easy. if not dante but, it would be an awesome and relatively close fight.

i look at it this way...

cloud has his limit breaks. dante has his devil form. dante wins in that regaurd. i think dante is more durable and could withstand an omnislash and could come back to unleash on cloud.

physically both are equal in terms of strength.

in combat i think dante is one of the best there is. cloud, even as good as he is, is his lesser in this regaurd.

cloud with materia 9/10

cloud without materia 4/10

leonheartmm
noctrune is cannon. it was also made by namco. if u look at dante's feats in nocturne maniacs. then ull know that almost nothing short of a megaversal power can truly bring dante down. cloud, awesome as he is has no chance in hell, materia or not.

IceJaw
Erm...Namco do not hold the rights of Devil May Cry, neither have they made a Devil May Cry game.

The creators of Devil May Cry = Capcom, not Namco.

judgement hand
indeed

leonheartmm
srry it was CAPCOM who made nocturne. my misytake, got em mixed up.

Violent2Dope
Originally posted by leonheartmm
noctrune is cannon. it was also made by namco. if u look at dante's feats in nocturne maniacs. then ull know that almost nothing short of a megaversal power can truly bring dante down. cloud, awesome as he is has no chance in hell, materia or not. WTF is megaversal power?

lightness
capcom never made nocturn. atlus did. dante was added in with permission from capcom. namco has nothing to do with that.

as for it being canon, I don't know.

dante never even dt'd in that game. I guess you can fit it in the story, seeing that dante went there after dmc2 and going to hell, meaning he never even tried hard(reason there was no dt).
dante in sparda form showed more megaverse power, whatever that is supposed to be.

Violent2Dope
Seriously, wtf is megaversal power?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.