Lobo vs Wolverine?? (LOL)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

superman41082
So guys, do you reeeeeeeeeealy think that Wolverine should have beat Lobo??? I mean, it's mind-boggling, but, can you excuse this for the crossover for the sake of the fans???

Rick/Genis
no

no need for more replies...

capt it up
wolverine bash thread. honestly don't u have some thing better to do with ur time?

Rick/Genis
it's not a wolverine bash thread, it's a comedy thread. Don't get your panties in a ruffle wink

badabing
I gotta agree with Capt on this. The thread will be closed soon.

Rick/Genis
oh I KNOW it will be closed.. but I don't think it's attempt was for spite.. I think it was for humor

capt it up
Originally posted by Rick/Genis
it's not a wolverine bash thread, it's a comedy thread. Don't get your panties in a ruffle wink
don't be ignorent

Thunderstrike
Yep. Maybe if it were a drinking contest?

Rick/Genis
Originally posted by capt it up
don't be ignorent

I'm not being "ignorent"

capt it up
oh I KNOW it will be closed.. but I don't think it's attempt was for spite.. I think it was for humor yet ull neevr see some one make this kinda thread vs any but wolverine

badabing
Originally posted by Thunderstrike
Yep. Maybe if it were a drinking contest?
That's a great idea for a new thread. Happy Dance

Rick/Genis
you wanna bet?

capt it up
nope I don't wanna bet what would the piont

Thunderstrike
DRINKING CONTEST!

Rick/Genis
hahahaha

Thor Vs. Superman... drinking contest!

badabing
Listen, let's get back to Thunderstrike's drinking contest.

badabing
beer wine drunk

superman41082
wolverine bash thread. honestly don't u have some thing better to do with ur time?

Sorry man. I'm honestly not trying to bash your guy. I swear. I'm asking the question simply because I'm interested to hear if it was the right move because of Wolverine's popularity, and wasn't there something inhibiting Lobo, or making Wolverine stronger in the fight? It's ridiculous, but I understand, in a small way, why they had him win. Wolverine fans loved it! I was honestly wondering people's thoughts on this. I think the obvious thing would have been to have him fight someone else, and if there is derogatory, it'd be towards the writers, and not the characters. It's not Wolverine's fault, a fictional character, that they had him beat Lobo. This was honestly just to discuss the phenomenon because I've never really heard what anyone thinks about it, and not to bash your guy............

badabing
Logan beating Lobo was PIS, CIS and anything else out there. There is no way Logan should have beaten Lobo. If that's the case, then Wolverine can beat 90% of the comic characters. To all the Wolverine fans, this was not a knock against Logan.

Deadpool14
dumb.

superman41082
Ok, like I said, this isn't a bash Wolverine thread, I'm really interested to hear some more information about it. Who came up with this bright idea, and why didn't they just choose someone more Wolverine's level to fight? What purpose did this all serve?????????? I just don't get it, and I'm looking to understand better.

Rick/Genis
I mentioned this somewhere else. But Lobo was created to be an overly exaggerated wolverinefor DC. That's probably why they paired them.

superman41082
I mentioned this somewhere else. But Lobo was created to be an overly exaggerated wolverinefor DC. That's probably why they paired them.

Wasn't there voting, too, and the fans decided who won?????

Rick/Genis
well that's WHY he one, but you asked why they were paired.

superman41082
well that's WHY he one, but you asked why they were paired.

Yeah, so my real question is why does everyone make such a big deal about it? It wasn't even a fight, it was a popularity contest. They paired up two guys, and one of them got more votes. How is that such a travesty and everyone complains about it??????

badabing
There was a lot of anger over that series. I guess people thought a lot of the fights were bull shit.

Rick/Genis
they only complain about it when it's brought up in versus forums.... like "Wolverine could beat Superman because he can beat up lobo too! It happened!" so yeah... I think that anyway!

Milkie
Originally posted by badabing
There was a lot of anger over that series. I guess people thought a lot of the fights were bull shit.

It pretty much was. They tried to say some bald guy paid Lobo to lose.

superman41082
Originally posted by Milkie
It pretty much was. They tried to say some bald guy paid Lobo to lose.

Oh yeah................. that's what I had heard. I knew there was something wrong with Lobo or something. Well.............. I've basically gotten all I wanted out of this.

I have a comment about people in the vs forums getting irritated about people bringing this up. Who cares???????

Rick/Genis
because it's kindof annoying when people mention it... I mean.. come on now wink

superman41082
because it's kindof annoying when people mention it... I mean.. come on now wink

I can understand, but if people are going to argue upon something that ridiculous, their obviously not worth your time to try and enlighten. If you allow such things to annoy you, that's your own fault. Everyone does lets things annoy them that shouldn't, and of course I do, but if you can put in in perspective, the less it should happen.

Rick/Genis
yeah... but sometimes it's fun to give in to the "you're an idiot" scenario..

superman41082
agreed..........

King KAM
WuLBeReNE RULeZXoRZ, LoBO SuXoRZ!!!!

meep-meep
yet ull neevr see some one make this kinda thread vs any but wolverine

Please. It was a ridiculous comic. Not every one is here to bash your favorite character of all time. The sooner you develop a sense of humor the sooner you will have a more enjoyable time in these forums.

Rick/Genis
thank you! That's what I was trying to say!

StyleTime
Originally posted by King KAM
WuLBeReNE RULeZXoRZ, LoBO SuXoRZ!!!!
Agreed. Wolverine kills Lobo. Anyone who disagrees is a Lobo fanboy.

Rick/Genis
Hahaha... but does Jean Claude Van Damme kill them both?

Lucid Lui
I really don't see what's wrong with that fight. It seemed perfectly fine to me. Wolverine tackles Lobo behind a bar, pays Lobo every cent he has to stay down, then gets up thinking he's awesome. Typical Logan.

King KAM
Originally posted by StyleTime
Agreed. Wolverine kills Lobo. Anyone who disagrees is a Lobo fanboy. WuLBereNe=tEh MaN!

spetznaz
Originally posted by badabing
Logan beating Lobo was PIS, CIS and anything else out there. There is no way Logan should have beaten Lobo. If that's the case, then Wolverine can beat 90% of the comic characters.

You'd be amazed how many characters Wolverine 'fans' believe Wolverine (or in their case Wolbereen) can beat. Including one or two posters in this thread (names withheld, but let me say the main one used to go by a different name months back, a name that started with 'Wolverine' and ended with a four-digit number that started with an '8,' ended with an '8,' and had an '88' in-between, and currently goes by another name that rhymes with 'kept it up').

Thus I wouldn't be surprised if Wolverine 'fans' did not really think Wolverine had a chance against 90% PLUS of comic characters .....after all I was a member back then, and I do remember, a time one would find threads pitting Wolverine against characters like Thor, Superman, Magneto, Wonderwoman, Flash, and the Silver Surfer.
And I recall what some people used to say .....and let's say Wolverine (and his various spellings, ranging from 'wulvrien' to 'wlverine' to my favorite 'Wolbereen') did have his champions who believed that he had a chance.

Hence do not think for one moment that there are not people here in KMC who do not think that Wolverine can defeat 90% of characters. The only major difference is that some of the more insane posts have largely disappeared, and once the MAIN 'wolbereen' fanboy was banned (although as stated he is back with a different name) things were never the same. For that matter that fanboy is not making the same types of comments he used to back then .....and even his spelling is observably better.
Thus like most fanboy trends this is passing (they come in waves ....before the 'Wolbereen weens LOLOLOL' phase of a few months back there was the 'Spiderman has a spidey-sense' phase, which also lifted in a spectacular manner).

But like B-grade horror characters good fanboys never die .....they always return.
Thus it is only a matter of time before Wolbereen rears his Clawed Hand (TM).

Here is an example of the mighty power of the Great Wolbereen, as said by his main representative on earth Wolve(name withheld)88 from an old Superman vs Wolverine thread to be found here (http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=28771&perpage=20&highlight=superman+vs+wolverine&pagenumber=4):

Beware the mighty power of the rabid fanboy .....he is logic proof, reason resistant, bullet proof, and has the amazing power of answering any swathes of sweeping logic with the ubiquitous 'LOL Wolbereen weens he baete thu Huulk 14 times LOLOL.'

King KAM
Originally posted by spetznaz
You'd be amazed how many characters Wolverine 'fans' believe Wolverine (or in their case Wolbereen) can beat. Including one or two posters in this thread (names withheld, but let me say the main one used to go by a different name months back, a name that started with 'Wolverine' and ended with a four-digit number that started with an '8,' ended with an '8,' and had an '88' in-between, and currently goes by another name that rhymes with 'kept it up').

Thus I wouldn't be surprised if Wolverine 'fans' did not really think Wolverine had a chance against 90% PLUS of comic characters .....after all I was a member back then, and I do remember, a time one would find threads pitting Wolverine against characters like Thor, Superman, Magneto, Wonderwoman, Flash, and the Silver Surfer.
And I recall what some people used to say .....and let's say Wolverine (and his various spellings, ranging from 'wulvrien' to 'wlverine' to my favorite 'Wolbereen') did have his champions who believed that he had a chance.

Hence do not think for one moment that there are not people here in KMC who do not think that Wolverine can defeat 90% of characters. The only major difference is that some of the more insane posts have largely disappeared, and once the MAIN 'wolbereen' fanboy was banned (although as stated he is back with a different name) things were never the same. For that matter that fanboy is not making the same types of comments he used to back then .....and even his spelling is observably better.
Thus like most fanboy trends this is passing (they come in waves ....before the 'Wolbereen weens LOLOLOL' phase of a few months back there was the 'Spiderman has a spidey-sense' phase, which also lifted in a spectacular manner).

But like B-grade horror characters good fanboys never die .....they always return.
Thus it is only a matter of time before Wolbereen rears his Clawed Hand (TM).

Here is an example of the mighty power of the Great Wolbereen, as said by his main representative on earth Wol(name withheld)88 from an old Superman vs Wolverine thread to be found here (http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=28771&perpage=20&highlight=superman+vs+wolverine&pagenumber=4):

Beware the mighty power of the rabid fanboy .....he is logic proof, reason resistant, bullet proof, and has the amazing power of answering any swathes of sweeping logic with the ubiquitous 'LOL Wolbereen weens he baete thu Huulk 14 times LOLOL.' YoU = TeH SuCk!

AJ4LIFE
it worldnt bea slaughter but lobo would win

Rick/Genis
uh... it would be slaughter.

Thunderstrike
Maybe if Lobo were drunk.

King KAM
Maybe if Lobo were drunk. lobos always drunk....

AJ4LIFE
it wouldnt if wolver has took on hulk in his very first aperance he can fight lobo

King KAM
^=TeH SuCk

AJ4LIFE
What the f**k?

have a look in the comics section i made a new thread about worverine

Etrigan
It is a fanboy's stretch of imagination to believe that anyone below galactic level can completely defeat Lobo.

Bullshit.

AJ4LIFE
i never said he can beat him but he can face him, im no fanboy im not a fan of him much to be honest anymore

Etrigan
I know,I'm not calling you a fanboy.

But he wouldn't really stand much chance either. Lobo is very, very powerful.

AJ4LIFE
ok,
so has hulk hes faced hulk in first aperance so why cant he face siminlar chalenges like lobo without it being called pis it watever,

Etrigan
He didn't kill Hulk.

ANd he'd find it even harder to kill Lobo. To keep him dead, you have to vaporise him down the the very last atom.

AJ4LIFE
listen im not saying he can beat or harm lobo or KILL but it would be a good fight read it properly plz

Juntai
Originally posted by Etrigan
He didn't kill Hulk.

ANd he'd find it even harder to kill Lobo. To keep him dead, you have to vaporise him down the the very last atom. that doesnt work either.

jinzin
wolverine would kick lobos ass just like before...

Etrigan
Originally posted by AJ4LIFE
listen im not saying he can beat or harm lobo or KILL but it would be a good fight read it properly plz

I did, but your spelling does tend to put people off.

Anyway, I know. But I don't think it would be a good fight either. What could Wolverine do to harm Lobo?

AJ4LIFE
maybe not but look som fights people dont magage to hurt somone and its a god fight i have the first fight with worlverine and hulk and it was a good fight but he didnt hurt hulk but he used speed and he done it
i thought my spelling was quit good today

jinzin
maybe not but look som fights people dont magage to hurt somone and its a god fight i have the first fight with worlverine and hulk and it was a good fight but he didnt hurt hulk but he used speed and he done it
i thought my spelling was quit good today

so I was joking in that last post... but I agree with AJ here... even though wolverine probably can't permenantly kill off hulk or hurt sim for any significant length of time.. they have had some of the best slugfests the MU has had to offer...

AJ4LIFE
thank u somone aggrees, u should have a look in the comics secion im debating about worlver in there aswell lol

Thunderstrike
Originally posted by jinzin
so I was joking in that last post... but I agree with AJ here... even though wolverine probably can't permenantly kill off hulk or hurt sim for any significant length of time.. they have had some of the best slugfests the MU has had to offer...

confused

To Wolverine fans, sure. To most other people, no.

AJ4LIFE
so if somone is so skilled they cant hurt the other person and they r locked in battle like a stalemate its not a good fight or theyre trying to do every thing possible to hurt them but still going its crappy ?

Thunderstrike
AJ, slow down your typing bud.

AJ4LIFE
why dont it make sence, im doing the best debating i ever one i must be crappy lol

jinzin
confused

oh I guess that's why incredible hulk 340 is number 33 on wizard's top 100 stand alone issues list right?

pffft... stop talking for everyone else, especially when everyone else thinks you're wrong anyways...

AJ4LIFE
lol laughing thumb up

Thunderstrike
oh I guess that's why incredible hulk 340 is number 33 on wizard's top 100 stand alone issues list right?

pffft... stop talking for everyone else, especially when everyone else thinks you're wrong anyways...

Uh, coming from someone who says that Wolvenom can take Superman, and said it recently, that doesn't mean much. The story behind 340-346 is good, not the fight. The end of the fight was Clay Quartemain telling the two to not act like little kids. I own the issues, sonny boy. It's a good story. The fact that Wolverine is in it is moot. I guess Wolverine is the selling point behind Infinity Gauntlet as well? I guess it was Wolverine who sold Spider-Man: The Other. Yeah. Makes plenty of sense with your flawed logic. If everyone else who thinks I'm wrong includes you, Mider, Leonhart, and Capt it Up, then I can live with being wrong. However, they aren't everyone. There are plenty of people who agree with me on this, so I don't need the approval of an impetuous Wolverine fanboy. You can act like a senseless pariah all day with your fanboyisms and crap, but until you can bring good logic and solid proof to a debate, and practice what you preach, you're nothing more than a joke.

AJ4LIFE
ooooo

drwerwer
wewll wolvrine did take out lobo that one crossover shifty

DarkCrawler

No it wouldn't. It would take few seconds for Lobo grab Wolverine from his head, laugh at his attempts to actually hurt him with those claws, rip out his intestines and throw him in space. Then finish his drink.

His healing factor and pain tolerance are insane.

King KAM
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
No it wouldn't. It would take few seconds for Lobo grab Wolverine from his head, laugh at his attempts to actually hurt him with those claws, rip out his intestines and throw him in space. Then finish his drink.

His healing factor and pain tolerance are insane. ive seen lobo at levels where wolverine could definatley give him a run for his money.....

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by King KAM
ive seen lobo at levels where wolverine could definatley give him a run for his money..... Such as?

Lobo has Superman level strength and very good speed. His healing factor is on par with Wolverine, plus he is immortal (literally). He can go toe to toe with Superman. Wolverine won't get 1 win out of 10.

AJ4LIFE
i still think i done well defending worly lol wat do u think, and no im not a fanboy, theyre killed my love for him

King KAM
Such as?

Lobo has Superman level strength and very good speed. His healing factor is on par with Wolverine, plus he is immortal (literally). He can go toe to toe with Superman. Wolverine won't get 1 win out of 10. have you read all of lobo's series'?

Tshern
Such as?

Lobo has Superman level strength and very good speed. His healing factor is on par with Wolverine, plus he is immortal (literally). He can go toe to toe with Superman. Wolverine won't get 1 win out of 10.
Though Lobo's powerlevel varies a lot. But using common sense and not picking situations of extreme PIS, Lobo takes this 11/10.

AJ4LIFE
lol

anyway i see no one answeribg my qustion damn it anyway he won win not even many fanboys think that but he can fight him and make it last at least a little while

batdude123
Why do people seriously think that Lobo would win this? He seriously would have no chance in hell. no

Rick/Genis
maybe .1241234 milliseconds stick out tongue

AJ4LIFE
Originally posted by batdude123
Why do people seriously think that Lobo would win this? He seriously would have no chance in hell. no yes

oh and yor sig is gonna be mine on the rpg site i go on lol

jinzin
Uh, coming from someone who says that Wolvenom can take Superman, and said it recently, that doesn't mean much.

you didn't debate the subject involving the tactic that I supported that claim with... in fact no response generated a suitable way for superman to win that... and I gave a prefectly sound argument for my rationality.... stop trying to throw that in my face because it's not working, it's only showing that you can't defend yourself against me in the discussion we're having right now....

The story behind 340-346 is good, not the fight.

that's your opinion.. but you brought up ad populem... incredible hulk 340 was put up on no. 33 by the entire editorial staff at wizard BECAUSE OF THE FIGHT, they even say so when they worte it in.
thus, going by ad populem thus far you lose.... again.

The end of the fight was Clay Quartemain telling the two to not act like little kids.

okay.. so what?
what does that have to do with anything? that doesn't make the fight itself not an enjoyable slugfest.

I own the issues, sonny boy. It's a good story. The fact that Wolverine is in it is moot.

laughing out loud no it's not..

here let me simplify things for you...

this is what I said:
even though wolverine probably can't permenantly kill off hulk or hurt sim for any significant length of time.. they have had some of the best slugfests the MU has had to offer...
this is what you said:
confused

AND THEN?
Wizards entire editorial staff disagreed with you, placing hulk 340 at number 33 in a list of the best 100 stand alone comics to date, (including image, dc, and indie comics) BECAUSE of the fight it has in it...

THUS: we are currently discussing wolverine's fights with hulk his being in the hulk comic is NOT MOOT... why? cause that's what we're ****ing discussing. If you can't follow that train of thought then go over the pages a few more times, get someone else to explain it for you, do anything that can help you cope with the fact that we ARE infact discussing the entertainment value of wolverine/hulk fights... and wolvie's not moot.

I guess Wolverine is the selling point behind Infinity Gauntlet as well? I guess it was Wolverine who sold Spider-Man: The Other. Yeah. Makes plenty of sense with your flawed logic.

another incredibly reaching strawman from "Blunderstrike" what does wolverine's selling power have anything to do with the entertaiment value of his fights with hulk.. you're drifting WAAAAAAAAYYYY off topic... not to mention the fact that noone ever made such claims... wtf?

are you high? is that your problem?

If everyone else who thinks I'm wrong includes you, Mider, Leonhart, and Capt it Up, then I can live with being wrong. However, they aren't everyone.
no, but you brought up an add populem argument.. I have an entire editorial staff backing up my viewpoint.. where's your support?

There are plenty of people who agree with me on this,

and yet they aren't here...

so I don't need the approval of an impetuous Wolverine fanboy. You can act like a senseless pariah all day with your fanboyisms and crap, but until you can bring good logic and solid proof to a debate, and practice what you preach, you're nothing more than a joke.

laughing out loud
laughing
hysterical

this coming from a guy who had not one shred of proof to back himself up in ANY discussion we've had over the last few days... this coming from the guy who told both me and creshosck not to call anyone morons or insult them, and then started doing that EXACT THING not a day later before we ever expressed hostilities at that level...

as for my not practicing what I preach, I'm STILL waiting for you to quote me on the whole PIS claim that you made.. you STILL haven't... you've no proof yet again, you're wrong yet again.. you failed yet again... and I'm humiliating you yet again...

batdude123
yes

oh and yor sig is gonna be mine on the rpg site i go on lol

mad stick out tongue

Rick/Genis
hey, be fair... I put up a pretty good fight big grinbig grinbig grin

jinzin
hey, be fair... I put up a pretty good fight big grinbig grinbig grin

lol... you know you did, I know you did, I just thought it went without saying.. wink

Juntai
Anyone on Superman's level, strength,speed, durability, would crush Wolverine. Needless to say Lobo could easily just lob one of his grenades and take out the entire city block, plus some.

Rick/Genis
WOOOOOOOO!!!! big grin

jinzin
granted... but you forgot.. wolverine can take nukes at ground zero, cut thanos with bone claws, survive the sun, and take on godzilla sized creatures while craving beer! MWAHAHAHAHAHA evil face

long live the wolvie god!

Rick/Genis
but could wolverine take down GODZILLA HIMSELF!?!?!!?!?!?!?! laughing

Juntai
granted... but you forgot.. wolverine can take nukes at ground zero, cut thanos with bone claws, survive the sun, and take on godzilla sized creatures while craving beer! MWAHAHAHAHAHA evil face

long live the wolvie god!
Only in Wolverine8888's and likeminded people's minds.

And yet can't deal with simple pressure point attacks.

jinzin
but could wolverine take down GODZILLA HIMSELF!?!?!!?!?!?!?! laughing

no.. NO ONE CAN... NO ONE I TELLS YA! mad

Originally posted by Juntai
Only in Wolverine8888's and likeminded people's minds.

And yet can't deal with simple pressure point attacks.

that's not wolvie god that's a skrull imposter hmph!

Juntai
no.. NO ONE CAN... NO ONE I TELLS YA! mad

that's not wolvie god that's a skrull imposter hmph! lol.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by superman41082
So guys, do you reeeeeeeeeealy think that Wolverine should have beat Lobo??? I mean, it's mind-boggling, but, can you excuse this for the crossover for the sake of the fans???

Spite. Closed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.