Spiderman and Wolverine vs The Thing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

superman41082
Well, what do you guys think????

capt it up
Originally posted by superman41082
Well, what do you guys think????
spiderman watches as wolverine beat thing him self

badabing
Easy there Capt.
http://img493.imageshack.us/img493/1756/ultxmenf401221cp.jpg
Strength anyone?
http://img114.imageshack.us/img114/1690/thing20hm.gif

badabing
Wolverine has done well against strong opponents, but Ben is good at hand to hand combat too. Wolverine would have to be hacking away at Thing for a while to get through his hide which can withstand armor piercing bullets and artillery shells. I don't think Ben will just sit there and let him pound away.
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=4900128

badabing
I give Spidey and Wolvie 5/10. I can't underestimate the two of them together.

riceroost
Hmmmmm, what selective images.

Try showing the end of the Ultimate Wolv/Thing fight.....

WHERE WOLVERINE KICKS BEN TO THE FLOOR AND IS ABOUT TO KILL HIM!!!!!!!!!! Not to mention the fact that Wolverine's Healing Factor isn't properly working and he's very, very sick during the whole fight.

What a biased response.

And stop with all the "Wolverine can't cut Thing" stuff. It's happened, twice. Once in a Fantastic Four book. Adamantium claws>>>>>Thing's hide.

Rick/Genis
Um... ultimate thing and wolverine are not Thing and wolverine.

And Selective images? ALL images are selective... you're telling me that if you posted an image of wolverine cutting his face as oppossed to wolverine being beaten down it would NOT selective?

riceroost
Curious to know what comic it was where Wolverine couldn't cut Thing. I don't recognize that Wolverine outfit.

riceroost
Originally posted by Rick/Genis

And Selective images? ALL images are selective... you're telling me that if you posted an image of wolverine cutting his face as oppossed to wolverine being beaten down it would NOT selective? No. Badabing is the one posting images from the Ultimate Universe, so get off my case. I didn't bring it up.

My point is that he only posts the image of Thing punching Wolverine, but strangely neglects to post a picture of the end of the fight where Wolverine easily dodges Thing with what looks like super speed, drop kicks him to the ground, and has him completely at his mercy.

Wolverine does not need Spider-Man for this fight. I think Thing would take Spider-Man personally.

Wolverine: 7/10

Rick/Genis
Fair enough... but when posting pictures, it's generally not too smart to post something that would negate your opinion... I was just getting his back man, not attacking yours smile

riceroost
He's lucky I don't have a scanner!!

jinzin

And Selective images? ALL images are selective... you're telling me that if you posted an image of wolverine cutting his face as oppossed to wolverine being beaten down it would NOT selective?

LIKE THESE?!?!?! eek!

http://img62.imageshack.us/my.php?image=wt3mx.jpg

http://img62.imageshack.us/my.php?image=thing224ib.jpg

http://img62.imageshack.us/my.php?image=thing4eb.jpg

Rick/Genis
heh, I liked it when ben wore that weird metal mask

jinzin
heh, I liked it when ben wore that weird metal mask

i dunno.. that thing kinda gave me the creeps...

you know what else gave me the creeps.. mumm-ra...

mumm-ra's so bad ass.. he KOed supes in one punch..long live mumm-ra the ever living!

riceroost
Originally posted by jinzin
LIKE THESE?!?!?! eek!

http://img62.imageshack.us/my.php?image=thing4eb.jpg Jinzin!! My only hope. Can you get a pic of Wolverine's side of the fight with Ultimate Thing?

Arahan
i dunno.. that thing kinda gave me the creeps...

you know what else gave me the creeps.. mumm-ra...

mumm-ra's so bad ass.. he KOed supes in one punch..long live mumm-ra the ever living!

mumm-ra? is this not the evil guy in thundercats?

DarkCrawler
THUNDERCLAPPPPP!!!

who?-kid
Thing is not Hulk. His thunderclaps are not as powerful as Hulks, and Hulks thunderclaps only work a bit against Wolverine and Spider-Man. They feel it, sure, it confuses them, but only for a very short time.

DarkCrawler
But he can clap multiple times!

I don't consider Grey Hulk as strong as normal one, and he messed up Wolverine pretty bad with one small thunder clap...and I think Grey Hulk is only bit above Thing level.

samishe
Spider-man vs Thing = 5/5
Wolverine vs Thing = 5/5
Spider-man and Wolverine vs Thing = 10/10

who?-kid
Wolverine also messed up Grey Hulk back then, it was a pretty rough fight. And what's holding Spider-Man to web up Things eyes ? Or his hands ? He can do that without any problems, and it only takes one second.

"Quick Wolvie, he's trying to free himself, finish him !"

"Sure thing bub"

DarkCrawler
Yeah, webbing could work.

TheKahn
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
Yeah, webbing could work.

Does anybody know the average tensile strength of Spidey's webbing or what strength class a characters has to be to tear it?

DarkCrawler
Don't know...never been stated, I think.

Chaholdrudan
u may have the sharpest and most durable(even indestructible) knife but if u dont have the strength to go with u will NOT be able to cut even thru tick wood , not in one blow anyway !

Chaholdrudan
so as far as common sense goes Wolvi wont cut Thing like he did unless he repeatedly hits him in one spot over longer period of time..anything else depicted in comics or stated by fans is pure bullshit if u think about it

jinzin
Originally posted by riceroost
Jinzin!! My only hope. Can you get a pic of Wolverine's side of the fight with Ultimate Thing?

tell me the issue number and I'll have those pics up by friday.

jinzin
Originally posted by Arahan
mumm-ra? is this not the evil guy in thundercats?

yeah.. ughhh (shivers)

jinzin
Originally posted by Chaholdrudan
Wolvi wont cut Thing like he did

well that pretty much speaks for itself.

TheKahn
Originally posted by badabing

LIKE THESE?!?!?! eek!

http://img62.imageshack.us/my.php?image=thing4eb.jpg

That is what I really dislike about comics. sad You have several sources, all in canon, which obviously contradict each other. Honestly, the editors or someone should have caught this.

jinzin
is that example canon? I keep asking what book that appeared in and not one person has yet to answer me...
meh... I have to go with ricer roost on this one and ask that you submit to this logic about the situation...

Originally posted by riceroost
Wolverine ripped off half of Thing's face and they had a long drawn out story about Thing coping with his disfigurement. Thing wore a mask for a long time. You can't deny that he has been cut.

TheKahn
is that example canon? I keep asking what book that appeared in and not one person has yet to answer me...
meh... I have to go with ricer roost on this one and ask that you submit to this logic about the situation...

I assumed it was canon because what would be the point of someone using it to argue a point if it was not? However, that may be a poor assumption on my part.

riceroost makes a very good point. Since Marvel seemed to lend such consequence to Wolverine injuring Ben, then I would think that should hold precedence over the other incident(s).

who?-kid
Originally posted by TheKahn
I assumed it was canon because what would be the point of someone using it to argue a point if it was not? However, that may be a poor assumption on my part.

riceroost makes a very good point. Since Marvel seemed to lend such consequence to Wolverine injuring Ben, then I would think that should hold precedence over the other incident(s).
Not only that, but Things rock skin isn't as durable as some seem to think. Thing is TOUGH, but far far from invulnerable. I see no reason why Wolverines claws won't cut his skin like a hot knife cutting butter.

DarkCrawler
I don't see Wolverine having any problems stabbing the Thing...his hide cracks (when he fights Hulk or Namor, for example). But Thing being put down by one stab...that's where the problem lies. Especially when it isn't even on fatal place.

jinzin

yeah that's basically how I saw it too..
as for the canon/non-canon thing.. I don't know man.. people bring up what ifs and ulitimate U all the time around here...

riceroost
tell me the issue number and I'll have those pics up by friday. It's from Ultimate Fantastic Four/X-Men # 2. Wolverine dodges things punch and kicks him over and then sits on him.

riceroost
I still want someone to tell me where this pic is from:
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...;postid=4900128
1st time Wolverine cut thing was in a FF issue.
Second time was in Wolverine

But I have no clue where this pic comes from. Looking at Wolverine's costume I'm assuming it's not 616 Marvel because I've never seen that variation on a Wolverine outfit.

who?-kid
Your link doesn't work.

jinzin
he's talking about this:

riceroost
Yes, that one. Where dammit where?

who?-kid
Wasn't it from an Exiles comic ?

DarkCrawler
Can be.

badabing
Does anybody know the average tensile strength of Spidey's webbing or what strength class a characters has to be to tear it?
Rogue had trouble breaking it in Secret Wars and said it was stronger than steel cable. That's the only reference I have found.

who?-kid
The webbing (when dry) is very strong (Spider-Man can not break it), and only Class 100 characters walk through it like it isn't there. But it can be cut without major problems.

badabing
To Riceroost and Jinzin. My response was to Capt and not you two. I'm sorry that it's hard to accept the fact that without PIS or CIS, Ben wins more than he loses against Wolverine. Wolverine has sporadic showings in comics, one issue he can beat all the X-Men and another he gets his a$$ handed to him. As far as the pics that I posted, it was to prove my point. All the Wolverine fans can rant and rave, but written correctly Wolverine can't touch Thor, Hulk, Namor, Thing and Iron Man. Ben can take an armor piercing bullet and an artillery shell without harm. I'll admit that adamantium will cut him, but IMO, Wolverine isn't strong enough to push through his hide.

capt it up
wolverine vs thing wolverine would win more times then lose.
mow if there bloolust and wolverine does not mind killing thing I see no reason why wolverine would not take it almost every single time.

GodofThunder
Go Spidey.... Happy Dance

badabing
Capt, that's your opinion, but the reality is....never mind, just read my last post.

who?-kid
I don't understand... Wolverine already has cut Thing twice without effort, he almost cut away half of his face, and still you claim Wolverine is not strong enough to inflict some serious damage ?

Ben will crush Logan if he fights him from a distance (throwing a truck at him, thunderclaps, those kinds of things) but most people are screwed when they fight Wolverine "close combat style". Thing is pretty fast, but absolutely not fast enough to dodge his claws.

capt it up
To Riceroost and Jinzin. My response was to Capt and not you two. I'm sorry that it's hard to accept the fact that without PIS or CIS, Ben wins more than he loses against Wolverine. Wolverine has sporadic showings in comics, one issue he can beat all the X-Men and another he gets his a$$ handed to him. As far as the pics that I posted, it was to prove my point. All the Wolverine fans can rant and rave, but written correctly Wolverine can't touch Thor, Hulk, Namor, Thing and Iron Man. Ben can take an armor piercing bullet and an artillery shell without harm. I'll admit that adamantium will cut him, but IMO, Wolverine isn't strong enough to push through his hide.
yet wolverine vs heavy hitters shows over and over again he cna bttle them and take hits form them..
wolverien written correctly can't touch hulk? so now miller and clemont don't write correctly?
wolverine ahs battle hulk on 14 diffrent occassion and always gives hulk a fight and has even taken hulk out before.
wolverine beat thing on a occassion with one attack so to say wolevrine can't do it is load of bullshit.
wolverien not storng enough to cut the hulk? hmmm please enlighten me hwo u came up with that sicne he has done it.
ur scann proved nuthing one of which was ultimate comic and u did not even show the whole comic. the other u have yet to prove that it was 616 wolverien or even a real comic for that matter.

GodofThunder
Originally posted by who?-kid
I don't understand... Wolverine already has cut Thing twice without effort, he almost cut away half of his face, and still you claim Wolverine is not strong enough to inflict some serious damage ?

Ben will crush Logan if he fights him from a distance (throwing a truck at him, thunderclaps, those kinds of things) but most people are screwed when they fight Wolverine "close combat style". Thing is pretty fast, but absolutely not fast enough to dodge his claws.

I agree I mean has everyone seen that one where Wolverine totalled his face sheesh Thing went through some stuff to get over that I think wolverine beats thing and then I'm not entirely sure after that but Im rooting for Spidey

badabing

Did you read my post about PIS and CIS? Did you read the part on how tough Ben's hide actually is? Ben is a world class fighter in his own right. It's funny how the Wolverine fans turned what is a "Spidey & Wolverine vs Thing" thread into a "Why Ben can't beat Wolverine" thread. My statements are backed up by fact and not who I want to win. I'm done citing examples. I'm backed up by the facts, common sense and the common opinion of the forum. That being said, I give the fight a 50-50 split in wins.

capt it up
Did you read my post about PIS and CIS? Did you read the part on how tough Ben's hide actually is? Ben is a world class fighter in his own right. It's funny how the Wolverine fans turned what is a "Spidey & Wolverine vs Thing" thread into a "Why Ben can't beat Wolverine" thread. My statements are backed up by fact and not who I want to win. I'm done citing examples. I'm backed up by the facts, common sense and the common opinion of the forum. That being said, I give the fight a 50-50 split in wins.
again u havent ur only evidence was a fake picture and a ultimate picture in which u did not show the whole battle

badabing
Fake pic Capt? Was it fake because Wolverine lost. Again, think about. Ben can take a high caliber, armor piercing bullet and an artillery shell without damage. But if you think that Wolverine's claw attack is more powerful than bullets and artillery, so be it. The fact is; Ben is stronger, more durable, has skills and can fight over an hour without fatiguing. IN MY OPINION, Ben is too much for Wolverine. So is Thor, Hulk, Namor and Ironman. Debate all you want, the facts will always take me back to the same conclusion. Now, I bumped the Wolverine vs Thing thread, I won't respond anymore on this thread.

capt it up
Fake pic Capt? Was it fake because Wolverine lost. Again, think about. Ben can take a high caliber, armor piercing bullet and an artillery shell without damage. But if you think that Wolverine's claw attack is more powerful than bullets and artillery, so be it. The fact is; Ben is stronger, more durable, has skills and can fight over an hour without fatiguing. IN MY OPINION, Ben is too much for Wolverine. So is Thor, Hulk, Namor and Ironman. Debate all you want, the facts will always take me back to the same conclusion. Now, I bumped the Wolverine vs Thing thread, I won't respond anymore on this thread.
no it fake becuase wolverine has never worn a suit like that to my knowledge and I own almsot ever apearence wolverine ahs ever been in. I also knwo for a fact that not 616 wolverine since no one has been able to rpove that pic is even reeal let alone 616. so don't post pics if u can not abck them up.
yes wolverien ahs proven his claws are betetr then all those things. wolevrien ahs cut thing befopre, hulk,namor ect. so to say he can't is stupid.
wolverine ahs foughten for hours on end with pit fatigue so I don't see ur piont.
bens stronger and more durable thats nice.
wolverine arm speed is much faster.
wolevrine far more agile
wolverine has far betetr reflexes
wolevrine a superior fighter

Sparkz
Originally posted by capt it up
no it fake becuase wolverine has never worn a suit like that to my knowledge and I own almsot ever apearence wolverine ahs ever been in. I also knwo for a fact that not 616 wolverine since no one has been able to rpove that pic is even reeal let alone 616. so don't post pics if u can not abck them up.
yes wolverien ahs proven his claws are betetr then all those things. wolevrien ahs cut thing befopre, hulk,namor ect. so to say he can't is stupid.
wolverine ahs foughten for hours on end with pit fatigue so I don't see ur piont.
bens stronger and more durable thats nice.
wolverine arm speed is much faster.
wolevrine far more agile
wolverine has far betetr reflexes
wolevrine a superior fighter

Are you wolverine8888's brother you sound freakishly like him (no offense) anyway, I say combined Spider-man and wolverine take this more than they loose, Spidey can web him up, and as it takes Ben like what 3 seconds or so, if not less to break the webbing wolverine has ample time to slash him abit ( I don't think he should be able to easily slash through Things hide, but at least cause some scratches enough to hurt and weaken Thing, and with his spidey Spider-man can at least disorient Ben once again leaving and opening for wolverine to attack. At the same time if Thing gets his hands on either of them it's essentialy game over, after all it isnt the Hulk I'm sure he could come up with a move to seriosly hurt wolverine (don't matter with spidey 1 full powerd punch and its off with his head)

Spidey and wolverine 6/10

Singly

Thing vs spidey-Thing 7/10

Thing vs wolverine- Thing 6/10

capt it up
Originally posted by Sparkz
Are you wolverine8888's brother you sound freakishly like him (no offense) anyway, I say combined Spider-man and wolverine take this more than they loose, Spidey can web him up, and as it takes Ben like what 3 seconds or so, if not less to break the webbing wolverine has ample time to slash him abit ( I don't think he should be able to easily slash through Things hide, but at least cause some scratches enough to hurt and weaken Thing, and with his spidey Spider-man can at least disorient Ben once again leaving and opening for wolverine to attack. At the same time if Thing gets his hands on either of them it's essentialy game over, after all it isnt the Hulk I'm sure he could come up with a move to seriosly hurt wolverine (don't matter with spidey 1 full powerd punch and its off with his head)

Spidey and wolverine 6/10

Singly

Thing vs spidey-Thing 7/10

Thing vs wolverine- Thing 6/10
yes I am.

also wolverine took think down with one stabbed in enemy of the state.
wolverine claws go through thin very eaisliy.
ya thing is not hulk. hulk has a healing factor and is far stronger then thing. thing does not have the pwoer hulk has and with out a healing factor so one well placed stabb and it all, but over for thing
wolverine by him self takes thing more times then lose.
wolverine has the fallowing edges
wolverine quicker
wolverine agility and reflexes are a lott better
wolverine the superior fighter.
wolverine fight characters like thing like it his job.
wolverine can take quite a good amount of htis from thing while thing can only take a few stabb and one stabb could finish thing.

who?-kid
Did you read the part on how tough Ben's hide actually is?
Not half as tough as adamantium. Of course Thing is TOUGH, I already said that, but compared to other powerhouses (Thor, Hulk, Colossus, Wonderman) his durability isn't that amazing.

Ben is a good fighter. Ben is an underrated fighter. But Ben is also a brawler. A "world class fighter" is definitely an exaggeration. When it comes to fighting, Wolverine is the master and Thing the student. This is not up for debate.

capt it up
Not half as tough as adamantium. Of course Thing is TOUGH, I already said that, but compared to other powerhouses (Thor, Hulk, Colossus, Wonderman) his durability isn't that amazing.

Ben is a good fighter. Ben is an underrated fighter. But Ben is also a brawler. A "world class fighter" is definitely an exaggeration. When it comes to fighting, Wolverine is the master and Thing the student. This is not up for debate.
yup

juggernaut66666
thing wins

Sparkz
yes I am.

also wolverine took think down with one stabbed in enemy of the state.
wolverine claws go through thin very eaisliy.
ya thing is not hulk. hulk has a healing factor and is far stronger then thing. thing does not have the pwoer hulk has and with out a healing factor so one well placed stabb and it all, but over for thing
wolverine by him self takes thing more times then lose.
wolverine has the fallowing edges
wolverine quicker
wolverine agility and reflexes are a lott better
wolverine the superior fighter.
wolverine fight characters like thing like it his job.
wolverine can take quite a good amount of htis from thing while thing can only take a few stabb and one stabb could finish thing.

Yeah i read that enemy of the state story, while I can beilve wolverine can stab him easily (though I don't like to) I think its stupid that Ben went down in 1 shot, to the sholder :s, but I still think Ben is good enough to use a special move (dunno what lol) to stun wolverine enough to cause some damage.

capt it up
Originally posted by juggernaut66666
thing wins
ur dabating skills are amazing

juggernaut66666
it could happen but thing wins

capt it up
Yeah i read that enemy of the state story, while I can beilve wolverine can stab him easily (though I don't like to) I think its stupid that Ben went down in 1 shot, to the sholder :s, but I still think Ben is good enough to use a special move (dunno what lol) to stun wolverine enough to cause some damage.
wolverine a master fighter his one stabb was more then likly aimed perfectly.

who ben supose to do this special move to a opponet who is far quicker and a far better fighter then him

capt it up
Originally posted by juggernaut66666
it could happen but thing wins
again give a reason not just say he wins with out a reason

Sparkz
wolverine a master fighter his one stabb was more then likly aimed perfectly.

who ben supose to do this special move to a opponet who is far quicker and a far better fighter then him

Wolverine is very quick, but I can't picture ben being very slow, then again I havent read alot of comics including old benjy, although I do try.

capt it up
Wolverine is very quick, but I can't picture ben being very slow, then again I havent read alot of comics including old benjy, although I do try.
bengy agility and reflexes are levels below wolverine

Sparkz
bengy agility and reflexes are levels below wolverine

Well his agilty certainly is but are you sure about reflexes, it would seem if you had super strength you would also have super reflexes granted they could be cancelled out by his size but I doubt he is leagues below Logan reflexes wise, although Logan definatly has faster reflexes. Although I would like to see thing with better agility than wolverine, I can picture it now Ben bouncing off walls and flipping lol it'd just look silly.

capt it up
Well his agilty certainly is but are you sure about reflexes, it would seem if you had super strength you would also have super reflexes granted they could be cancelled out by his size but I doubt he is leagues below Logan reflexes wise, although Logan definatly has faster reflexes. Although I would like to see thing with better agility than wolverine, I can picture it now Ben bouncing off walls and flipping lol it'd just look silly.
wolverine reflexes are most diffently better. wolverine dodges lazer,bullets ect.

Sparkz
wolverine reflexes are most diffently better. wolverine dodges lazer,bullets ect.
True but Thing dosen't need to...not that he could but its all I got.

capt it up
True but Thing dosen't need to...not that he could but its all I got.
wolverine does not need to either , but he still will on occassion

Sparkz
wolverine does not need to either , but he still will on occassion

yeah but the difference is it will hurt wolverine.

capt it up
yeah but the difference is it will hurt wolverine.
yes, but wolverine does not seem to mind

DarkCrawler
Badass.

capt it up
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
Badass.
lol it was badass but I think namor beating iron man ass at the meeting was better

Sparkz
yes, but wolverine does not seem to mind

Gotta agree, that is badass.

Metalmanx
I'm gonna have to give Spidey and Wolvie the advantage here, but not a giant one at all. Probably just 6-7/10.

Battlehammer
9/10

srankmissingnin

There are arteries in the shoulder that could cause Ben to bleed out in seconds, and large nerve clusters that could cause temporary paralysis when hit.

Wolverine and Spider-man are a near perfect team IMO. Wolverine can cut through opponents with high end durability and Spider-man's webbing can hold even the strongest of opponents. Someone like Ben - who lacks the ability of flight or super speed - literally has no chance of winning. Spider-man has no reason to get into melee, he just needs to web Grimm in place (and it only needs to last a few seconds) while Wolverine comes in for the finisher. In my mind this is a fight that would be over in seconds.

carver9
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
There are arteries in the shoulder that could cause Ben to bleed out in seconds, and large nerve clusters that could cause temporary paralysis when hit.

Wolverine and Spider-man are a near perfect team IMO. Wolverine can cut through opponents with high end durability and Spider-man's webbing can hold even the strongest of opponents. Someone like Ben - who lacks the ability of flight or super speed - literally has no chance of winning. Spider-man has no reason to get into melee, he just needs to web Grimm in place (and it only needs to last a few seconds) while Wolverine comes in for the finisher. In my mind this is a fight that would be over in seconds.

agree and great post.

Wolverine alone could get 8/10 over ben, adding spiderman is a killer.

10/10 for the team and quite easily.

Starscream M
Originally posted by carver9

Wolverine alone could get 8/10 over ben no he could not

Mindset
Originally posted by Starscream M
no he could not thumb up

Battlehammer
actaully Wolverine deffiently could take 8/10 wins vs thing.

Mindset
No he couldn't.

Battlehammer
Originally posted by Mindset
No he couldn't.
actaully he could..........

he faster, more agile, better reflexes, superior fighter, superior tactical mind and can withstand more attacks from thing then thing can from him.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Mindset
No he couldn't.

Yes he could.

Wolverine could just use his superior agility, speed and maneuverability to hamstring Thing... then stay away from until he passes out or dies of blood loss, whatever happens first. Easy win. evil face

Soljer
Wolverine would most certainly take a majority against the Thing.

Badabing
I want to put this incorrect notion about Wolverine to rest. These scans are from an old comic. The scans show his agility and strength from over 20 years ago. The first 4 scans show his agility and speed.
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j241/Badabing_2006/Untitled-Scanned-04-21.jpg
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j241/Badabing_2006/Untitled-Scanned-05-20.jpg
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j241/Badabing_2006/Untitled-Scanned-06-19.jpg
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j241/Badabing_2006/Untitled-Scanned-07-17.jpg

That last scan shows his strength as he breaks the chains he's bound in.
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j241/Badabing_2006/Untitled-Scanned-03-25.jpg

I'm not saying he beats Hulk, Wendigo or Thing. But these feats show his strength, speed and agility aren't something new.

Soljer
As any Wolverine fan will be quick to point out, that Wolverine is not the Wolverine we know today.

He was originally imagined as a character around Spiderman's level with claws built into his gloves.

He's evolved quite a bit since.

Note that I'm not saying that Wolverine isn't strong, fast, or agile, just that if we are going to take into account Logan's early showings, we need to take them all into account. If we discount one, we need to discount them all. Not simply pick and choose.

Starscream M
Yes he could.

Wolverine could just use his superior agility, speed and maneuverability to hamstring Thing... then stay away from until he passes out or dies of blood loss, whatever happens first. Easy win. evil face wolverine doesnt fight like that (slash and run)...he likes to get up close, and that will cost him dearly (in the form of Ben serving mashed brains for lunch)

Battlehammer
Not really if Logan does what he done to grey hulk, wendigo, namor ect...........Thing goes down harder *80% of the time

Starscream M
Originally posted by Battlehammer
Not really if Logan does what he done to grey hulk, wendigo, namor ect...........Thing goes down harder *80% of the time things more skilled fighter than those guys though. although i agree that logan takes majority

Soljer
things more skilled fighter than those guys though. although i agree that logan takes majority

Thing's more skilled than Namor?

laughing laughing laughing

Battlehammer
things more skilled fighter than those guys though. although i agree that logan takes majority

Not really it quite debatble that namor is more skilled then thing...........and Grey Hulk is not really that out classed in skill to thing.

and thing vastly out skilled by Logan............

and Thing not as fast as either grey hulk or namor.

Starscream M
Originally posted by Soljer
Thing's more skilled than Namor?

laughing laughing laughing yeah, hes a trained boxer and he won a fighting tourney right? namors just arrogant and more powerful, but things more skilled and has much more heart.

Starscream M
Not really it quite debatble that namor is more skilled then thing...........and Grey Hulk is not really that out classed in skill to thing.

and thing vastly out skilled by Logan............

and Thing not as fast as either grey hulk or namor. thing could just go cheap and thunderclap his way to a victory...although it is an unlikely tactic

Battlehammer
yeah, hes a trained boxer and he won a fighting tourney right? namors just arrogant and more powerful, but things more skilled and has much more heart.

thing is a wrestler and boxer.............Namor was trained in many different MA styles created by his people as well as different weapons and has vastly more experiences then thing in combat.

What does thing having more ehart have to do with fighting skill?

Battlehammer
thing could just go cheap and thunderclap his way to a victory...although it is an unlikely tactic

would not work. Hulk done it to no effect............hell thing did it and wolverine who was what five feet away was on phased.............

srankmissingnin
thing could just go cheap and thunderclap his way to a victory...although it is an unlikely tactic

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/sinister_samurai/Wolverine/eafc4884.jpg

Starscream M
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/sinister_samurai/Wolverine/eafc4884.jpg oh geez, you brought up THAT scan *slaps forehead* me and battlehammer already had an intense debate over the validity (or rather lack of) of that ridiculous scan

its so wrong in so many ways that to use it is to destroy your credibility

Battlehammer
oh geez, you brought up THAT scan *slaps forehead* me and battlehammer already had an intense debate over the validity (or rather lack of) of that ridiculous scan

Not really...........it was mean providing evidences and you simply disliking the evidences and ignoring/complaining about it............

No it quite fine evidences...............you disliked the art so you tried to say it was unvalid.............which comming from you im not overly surprized by you argueing in such an idiotic fanshion...........

srankmissingnin
oh geez, you brought up THAT scan *slaps forehead* me and battlehammer already had an intense debate over the validity (or rather lack of) of that ridiculous scan

Wolverine is digging a hole with his claws. Hulk thunderclaps a few feet away from him. The thunderclap makes a giant crater. Hulk and Wolverine are both fine at the bottom of said crater. End of story?

Starscream M
Not really...........it was mean providing evidences and you simply disliking the evidences and ignoring/complaining about it............

No it quite fine evidences...............you disliked the art so you tried to say it was unvalid.............which comming from you im not overly surprized by you argueing in such an idiotic fanshion........... the art is bad (well, actually I kinda like it)

but that is not the reason that the scan is garbage

if anything, Logans eardrums shouldve ruptured, and with superhearing like his, he would be in so much pain and he should be discombobulated

second, a thunder clap of that much force shouldve at least sent logan flying away

yet neither happened, which indicates both writer and artist are completely clueless and would be advised to sticking to the Sunday funnies rather than Marvel comics

Starscream M
Wolverine is digging a hole with his claws. Hulk thunderclaps a few feet away from him. The thunderclap makes a giant crater. Hulk and Wolverine are both fine at the bottom of said crater. End of story? where do you see logan diggin a hole with his claws? or are you pulling that outta your behind like other logan fanboys have been known to do?

Battlehammer
the art is bad (well, actually I kinda like it)

if anything, Logans eardrums shouldve ruptured, and with superhearing like his, he would be in so much pain and he should be discombobulated

Your talking about a man who fights while his on firer..................takes bullets un flinching............kept fighting after his heart was ripped out...........and your trying to tell me his eardrum rupturing would be to much pain.............come on now that jsut stupid........

Not to mention his body would heal such damage instantly.

srankmissingnin
the art is bad (well, actually I kinda like it)

second, a thunder clap of that much force shouldve at least sent logan flying away

yet neither happened, which indicates both writer and artist are completely clueless and would be advised to sticking to the Sunday funnies rather than Marvel comics

Wolverine is much shorter then the Hulk and was hunched over digging. The force of the thunderclap would becoming from above him, and force him down into the ground. cool

... and healing his ear drums would be a relatively simple matter, and he would sustain organ damage any worse then from a typical punch from the Hulk which he has no trouble coping with.

srankmissingnin
where do you see logan diggin a hole with his claws? or are you pulling that outta your behind like other logan fanboys have been known to do?

It's from the previous page?

Battlehammer
where do you see logan diggin a hole with his claws? or are you pulling that outta your behind like other logan fanboys have been known to do?

He actaully you know read the issue he discussing unlike some people who gain all there knowledge from wiki roll eyes (sarcastic)

Starscream M
He actaully you know read the issue he discussing unlike some people who gain all there knowledge from wiki roll eyes (sarcastic) i love how you take every opportunity to bash wiki just cuz they had the sense to recognize you rubbish arguments

Battlehammer
i love how you take every opportunity to bash wiki just cuz they had the sense to recognize you rubbish arguments
No I am not bashing wiki...........im bashing in for being ignorant enough to gain all your comic knowledge from a sight which any one can edit............not to mention has only basic information.............

what arguements? You mean my article about the tiger which is backed by many primary evidences and by speacilists in the big cat field.

Badabing
Cap and MasterBruce

rS6jakN89zo

Battlehammer
hahahahahaha

Badabing
stick out tongue

Battlehammer
Badabing this video is for you to one day do to your children

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZl4XGcbtyI&feature=related

Badabing
Badabing this video is for you to one day do to your children

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZl4XGcbtyI&feature=related I would tease my kids like that. laughing out loud

redhotrash
I'll agree that the thunderclap pic is rubbish. Think about it.. You are standing on dirt. Something creates enough force near you to create a crater at your feet. Do you simply fall straight down into the hole? Of course not, you get blown away by the force. Regardless of how it wouldve affected Wolverine long term, he shouldve been sent flying. That easily as to be over a thousand pounds of dirt displaced.
Anyway, the team takes this, probably close to 9/10. One thing though, everyone is assuming Spidey is just here to shoot webbing. I think solo Spidey would give Thing a mean fight. Having a 10+ ton'er peppering you with kicks and punches from every angle while trying to fend off foot long claws that already damn near ruined your life once before is too much.
Also, its silly to compare Namor to Thing. Namor is on a higher tier.

Metalmanx
Originally posted by Badabing
That last scan shows his strength as he breaks the chains he's bound in.
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j241/Badabing_2006/Untitled-Scanned-03-25.jpg

Er...it even says on panel that Hulk broke the chains when he smashed Wolverine into the ground... confused

starlock
Spidey and wolvie for the win

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.