worlverine is underated

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

AJ4LIFE
everyone thinks worlverine cant take on the best people in marvel or he does things he realy cant well he can alot of them, look with the lobo fight yeh he couldnt beat lobo but look he can fight him and do quite well lobo has superstrength right so does hulk and hulk is quite fast aswell, worlve*rine took on hulk in his first ever aperance and he used his speed to fight him and he done well, so if he used the same tactics on lobo it world be a good fightand offcourse he cant even take on superman thats why alot of people dont like him somuch anymore, but dont blame him for fanboys mistakes, like i think namor is a lucky mother cause he normally runs into people he can beat or people who can give im a hell of a fight, he never runs into people who can wup him that much, im sorry if im mistaken with that bit but it is lots of things comic characters do but shouldnt so why is worlverine critisiesed so much for it, and superman people say he does things he shouldnt be able to wink or he can beat people he shouldnt, yeh supes is awesome but its the same thing when u think of it just put it in different classes of abilities, um it come to be in a flash so sorry if u think im wrong

ive never typed so much in a post lol

oh incase i missed this point earlier u cant call it pis or watever u call it when he done somthing maybe more inpresive with like certain things fighting spiderman or ff when he takes on hulk in his first aperance so if u say hes never been shown to do somthing that good when he has done it in his first aperance, if bats who is ahuman can take on people like that why cant worlver when they r alot alike ect so if he has done it in first aperance hbe can do it in other ones and it can still count
im not that big a worlver fan anymore but im just saying wat i think

Rick/Genis
Dude.... Lobo can take on ALOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT more than Wolverine can... sorry man.. I have to dissagree.

Wolverine is HIGH on the rating scale. Look how many issues he appears in, it's obvious that everyone likes him but how far should marvel take it, really?

AJ4LIFE
yeh they do qite a bit but look if bats can do stuff like that why cant worlverine, if he has shown to do that why cant he do it again like in his first aperance

Thunderstrike
Bats tends to pull of some stupid crap too. Thus the term "Batgod."

Rick/Genis
yeah.... I'm sorry man.. I'm not feeling you, AJ.

Rick/Genis

Etrigan
*sigh*

Wolverine is tough. Wolverine is powerful. Wolverine has a good chance of winning in lots of fights. Wolverine has a healing factor that makes a good excuse for fanboys.

Wolverine is overrated.

Whoever the writer was who staged the Wolvie vs Lobo fight, and had Wolverine win, is a complete and utter retard. If this was not so, Lobo would kill Logan fair and square, very quickly.

AJ4LIFE
im not saying h could win but he can face him, he faced hulk in first aperance so it shows he can do stuff like that

Etrigan
Just because he can face him doesn't mean he could win.

I could face Lobo, and I'd die in 2.5 seconds at the most. Anyone could face him, if they weren't too scared, which would be likely.

Wolverine would have stood no chance.

Lucid Lui
*shakes head at this topic*

AJ4LIFE
LISTEN i have not said he can beat him for gods sake look at wat i said

Etrigan
I know, but how could it be a good fight? Wolvie can't do anything to harm Lobo properly, whereas Lobo would castrate him with a meathook.

AJ4LIFE
spidey has faced hulk and it has been good fights but not been able to hurt him u dont rely have to do any damage to anyone to make it a good fight

AJ4LIFE
in the jla avengers fight with bats and cap no one got hurt did they and if that carried on it world have been good fight, with out anyone getting truly hurt till the end even though bats would have won no matter wat he said,
anyway till someone got passed the defence and landed somone a hit, and knocked the other person out a good fight without damage apart from finishing move

im trying to show the jla avengers bit where bats and cap square off but to big

i hope i make sence if i dont ill explain again ok

Thunderstrike
It makes sense, but it doesn't mean that it's not stupid. Good fights have a lot of different factors, but some of them just aren't plausible, like Lobo vs Wolverine.

AJ4LIFE
im not talking about that, it was stupid but if they faced off properly, and worlvy used his speed like he does with hulk

Thunderstrike
Lobo caught Flash, AJ.

AJ4LIFE
so hulk has caught fast people aswell maybe not as fast as flash but fast, and worlverine doesnt run around useing speed he jumps around a bit like spidey but always is hitting him with claws which is of putting

Thunderstrike
The point is AJ is that Lobo written to his fullest is unstoppable. There's no argument that Wolverine could hold a candle to him. Marvel vs DC was a popularity contest, nothing more.

AJ4LIFE
yeh i know hes almost unstopable but dont mean he cant be held of for a while or even anoyed by worlvy does it,

and why do u keep mentioning that crossover its erevilant

Thunderstrike
Actually, it does. You need someone Superman caliber to stand up to Lobo.

AJ4LIFE
for a big crossover yes, anyway if u mention the crossover il just say how he lost i think he lost cause he stuck claws through his head lol so dont mention it wats the point

Thunderstrike
The point is that Wolverine is not underrated at all. It comes down to the fact that most of the people on this forum have gotten sick of him because of overexposure, and what we see as bad writing. It's my opinion, and I know it's the opinion of others. We have good reason, and there isn't much that's going to shake that. We may give Wolvie a little leeway now and again, but most of us don't want to think about him as a character because of the overexposure and all his feats and abilities getting rammed down our throats. There are several characters out there that are more powerful, better written, more detailed, and more skilled. People don't care about what's popular on these forums, AJ. People care about what's cool.

AJ4LIFE
and i was saying earlier dont hate worlverine because of the fanboys,and now cause of the writers, and where does the cool thing come into this

Disappear
by the way, in wolverine's first appearance, he was slated to be a regular superhuman with spidey-level strength, a healing factor, and gloves that housed extendable claws. considering that's not who he actually is, it's not exactly fair to say "if he did it in his first appearance, why not now?"

AJ4LIFE
but in the hulk fight that was his first aperance, and thats still good tat he can face hulk then isnt it u proved how good he is lol

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by Disappear
by the way, in wolverine's first appearance, he was slated to be a regular superhuman with spidey-level strength, a healing factor, and gloves that housed extendable claws. considering that's not who he actually is, it's not exactly fair to say "if he did it in his first appearance, why not now?"
It actually said he was supposed to be spidey-level in strength? I thought that was just the writer who said if he had continued writing Wolverine that's where he would of put him.

AJ4LIFE
oo i wonder ill email my pal and ask him he wrote it lol

badabing
There's a difference between Bats having days or months of prep to beat a Superman, WW, GL......... and Wolverine beating Thor, Hulk, Ironman, Namor, Thing, Colossus..... in H2H. The day I see Bats pimpslap Supes and win is the day I quit comics.

Scoobless
Who the hell is Worlverine?

stick out tongue

Rick/Genis
laughingrolling on floor laughinglaughing

dman2008
Originally posted by Thunderstrike
The point is that Wolverine is not underrated at all. It comes down to the fact that most of the people on this forum have gotten sick of him because of overexposure, and what we see as bad writing. It's my opinion, and I know it's the opinion of others. We have good reason, and there isn't much that's going to shake that. We may give Wolvie a little leeway now and again, but most of us don't want to think about him as a character because of the overexposure and all his feats and abilities getting rammed down our throats. There are several characters out there that are more powerful, better written, more detailed, and more skilled. People don't care about what's popular on these forums, AJ. People care about what's cool.

yes

Disappear
it was in an interview with the creator, who mentioned his plans for who wolverine would've been. spidey-level strength, healing factor, claws in gloves. he also mentioned how wolverine was entirely reworked for his appearance in giant-sized x-men #1, and how the previous appearance hardly counts as a credit to wolverine as we know him.

roughrider
Originally posted by AJ4LIFE
everyone thinks worlverine cant take on the best people in marvel or he does things he realy cant well he can alot of them, look with the lobo fight yeh he couldnt beat lobo but look he can fight him and do quite well lobo has superstrength right so does hulk and hulk is quite fast aswell, worlve*rine took on hulk in his first ever aperance and he used his speed to fight him and he done well, so if he used the same tactics on lobo it world be a good fightand offcourse he cant even take on superman thats why alot of people dont like him somuch anymore, but dont blame him for fanboys mistakes, like i think namor is a lucky mother cause he normally runs into people he can beat or people who can give im a hell of a fight, he never runs into people who can wup him that much, im sorry if im mistaken with that bit but it is lots of things comic characters do but shouldnt so why is worlverine critisiesed so much for it, and superman people say he does things he shouldnt be able to wink or he can beat people he shouldnt, yeh supes is awesome but its the same thing when u think of it just put it in different classes of abilities, um it come to be in a flash so sorry if u think im wrong

ive never typed so much in a post lol

oh incase i missed this point earlier u cant call it pis or watever u call it when he done somthing maybe more inpresive with like certain things fighting spiderman or ff when he takes on hulk in his first aperance so if u say hes never been shown to do somthing that good when he has done it in his first aperance, if bats who is ahuman can take on people like that why cant worlver when they r alot alike ect so if he has done it in first aperance hbe can do it in other ones and it can still count
im not that big a worlver fan anymore but im just saying wat i think

roll eyes (sarcastic)
He sure is underrated. Like, he can't even get the respect from you to spell his name right. stick out tongue

DigiMark007
Wolverine threads in general are pretty volatile. And beyond that, there's the Wolverine respect thread. I honestly don't think he needs more attention than he already gets on this forum, and this thread will likely devolve into chaos soon.

Closing.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.