The Wedding of Black Panther and Storm...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lucid Lui
Ok. So this is being billed as being the next big Marvel wedding. Supposed to play a large part in Civil War. Great.

But does anyone actually care about this wedding? At all?

I certainly don't. Why? I just think it's a mistake to marry these two characters, especially as this marriage IMO, will definately not last. But mainly, because of the writer. Hudlin has completely ruined Black Panther for me. So i have no faith in this wedding at all.

So, that's my opinion out of the way, what's yours?

Thunderstrike
Uh, okay. Hudlin is a blacksploitation writer. What did you expect?

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by Lucid Lui
Ok. So this is being billed as being the next big Marvel wedding. Supposed to play a large part in Civil War. Great.

But does anyone actually care about this wedding? At all?

I certainly don't. Why? I just think it's a mistake to marry these two characters, especially as this marriage IMO, will definately not last. But mainly, because of the writer. Hudlin has completely ruined Black Panther for me. So i have no faith in this wedding at all.

So, that's my opinion out of the way, what's yours?

Well, it's going to be somewhat interesting read...I love seeing characters in normal situations...

But mostly I agree with you.

AJ4LIFE
can somone post that pic again with the wedding and kitty as bridesmade

Validus
Seems like a gimmick. I think we'll look on Jessica and Luke with more fondness than Storm and T'Challa.

AJ4LIFE
lol

stormfront13
this is the worst thing that could ever happen for storms character. after all the development of her being an independent, strong woman, they hook her up with a man she hasn't seen for years, and is suddenly in love with him when in HOM she said she would never date him again after he broke her heart, and now she's marrying him after only a couple of months. no matter what anyone says this is out of character. and the only reason she's getting married to BP is to make BP more popular because his sales are rapidly dropping. storm has already been confirmed as marvels most popular/famous female character, and she's marvels most famous black character as well. though hudlin already confirmed that the next few arcs are bigger than the wedding.

H. S. 6
I'm indifferent either way. I've never read Black Panther, so really, I could care less. erm

However, it is a shame that Storm's character is being mis-written. (I think I just made that word up.) She always struck me as a strong woman in well-written comics.

stormfront13
well sicne not many people read black panther, in the preview pages all this miss-written crap happened

1)storm and BP had sex on a plane

2)she was meeting BP's mom, so she styarted seeing iof her hair was okay, and her make-up looked good like every five minutes

3)when asked if she would give up everything in her past life for BP, she said yes

Shalimar_fox
Great my fav x-men is getting married to some hero i don't know anything about.

Disappear
i want forge to show up and start some shit. fifty-to-one odds say forge won't even get a reaction panel of ever hearing the news ororo got married. bullshit and heresy, i say.

stormfront13
well hudlin did say that there would be wedding-crashers. there's always hope

King KAM
Originally posted by Shalimar_fox
Great my fav x-men is getting married to some hero i don't know anything about. then i take it you dont read comics......

start

AJ4LIFE
lol

OdinSOn123
I think 1 of 4 things will happen> 1 Storm gets cold feet on her weding day and leaves black panther.2 Forge crashes the wedding beats the living S$^# out of BP and tells storm how much he lovers ETC. and Storm decides she isn't ready for marrige and goes back to her old strong and inddependent self. 3 Storm marries BP and is happy with him. But after a few weeks or a few months BP is killed by maybe the KKK who were trying to rid the world of all Afican-American superheroes(as you may or maynot know BP had a run-in with the KKK in the past) or in some intense battle during CIVAL WAR. They will probrobrobly trie to kill Storm to but she will kill them out of anger by ripping out their hearts like she did to marrow or by killing trhem with a high does of lightning. She will then become a much more dark and morbid character like she did after Beast in Ultimate X-Men,whom she deeply loved. 4 Last she might die and remain on earth as aspirit that guids people and can not return to life untillllllll........I don't know something really cool or intrnse.blowup

Superherovandal
they already married. the ceremony already happened.

Shorty G
I looked over its been posted somewhere.

Draco69
Originally posted by stormfront13
well sicne not many people read black panther, in the preview pages all this miss-written crap happened

2)she was meeting BP's mom, so she styarted seeing iof her hair was okay, and her make-up looked good like every five minutes

3)when asked if she would give up everything in her past life for BP, she said yes

What the f**k?

Poor Storm...

Grimm22
Reggie Huldin...

Ruining Black Heros, one character at a time stick out tongue

Metalmanx

Being a big Storm fan myself, I don't really see the big problem with what you said here.

1) What's wrong with this? Storm knew what she wanted and took it. Just happened to be on a plane. She's been known to be very spontaneous, I see nothing wrong with this.

2) She just wanted to impress T'Challa's mother. Nothing out of character here, unless she's out of the character of a woman all of a sudden. Doesn't matter how strong and independent she is, most women pretty much do whatever they can and go out of their way to impress their man's mother.

3) This seems to be the easiest thing to explain. As long as she has been in comics, Storm has always been such a passionate woman. Whenever she showed a lot of interest in something, she did it with genuine sincerity. She just happens to really love T'Challa. So, being the very passionate woman she is, she would be willing to drop everything for him. And I'm sure, from what I saw of them together, he would do the very same for her.

Call me crazy, I just don't see the problem here.

H. S. 6
Originally posted by Metalmanx
Being a big Storm fan myself, I don't really see the big problem with what you said here.

1) What's wrong with this? Storm knew what she wanted and took it. Just happened to be on a plane. She's been known to be very spontaneous, I see nothing wrong with this.

2) She just wanted to impress T'Challa's mother. Nothing out of character here, unless she's out of the character of a woman all of a sudden. Doesn't matter how strong and independent she is, most women pretty much do whatever they can and go out of their way to impress their man's mother.

3) This seems to be the easiest thing to explain. As long as she has been in comics, Storm has always been such a passionate woman. Whenever she showed a lot of interest in something, she did it with genuine sincerity. She just happens to really love T'Challa. So, being the very passionate woman she is, she would be willing to drop everything for him. And I'm sure, from what I saw of them together, he would do the very same for her.

Call me crazy, I just don't see the problem here.

You're crazy.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Grimm22
Reggie Huldin...

Ruining Black Heros, one character at a time stick out tongue

Hey, now wait a just one second! Give credit where credit is do, Grimm! Sometimes he ruins several Black Heroes (and Shang Chi) at once in a crappy team-up! big grin

Anyway the whole Storm/Black Panther relationship is pointless and forced. There is just no reason for it. It could get interesting once Storm has T'Chaka's kid. though... a kid who just so happens to have fuzzy blue hair, a tail and the ability to teleport. wink

Metalmanx
Originally posted by H. S. 6
You're crazy.

Touche.

grey fox
Reggie Huldin.

Creating pointless relationships based on peoples skin colour and not their emotional attributes .

stormfront13

she's never been known to have sex whenever the hell she wants. she's never even been known to have sex at all.

storm doesn't really care when someone likes her or not. the original storm i grew up reading would have gone to meet his mother naturally and she'd know that it wouldn't be her apppearance that would makle his mother like her.

yes...but she has always called the x-men her family...and grew up with them. she loved them and time and time again said that she would sacrifice her life for them...and she has a couple of times.

Validus
1) What's wrong with this? Storm knew what she wanted and took it.
Anyone else love the wording on that one?

Metalmanx
she's never been known to have sex whenever the hell she wants. she's never even been known to have sex at all.

storm doesn't really care when someone likes her or not. the original storm i grew up reading would have gone to meet his mother naturally and she'd know that it wouldn't be her apppearance that would makle his mother like her.

yes...but she has always called the x-men her family...and grew up with them. she loved them and time and time again said that she would sacrifice her life for them...and she has a couple of times.

...You honestly think just because she's never been shown on-panel having sex, that she's never done it? I don't recall them ever showing Gambit having sex, but I think we can assume that he has done so, many times in fact. Or a number of other characters, for that matter. Poor logic here. She's sexually attracted to T'Challa. Why not have sex with the man she's about to marry?

And again, more poor logic. Sure, she's never really worried about her appearance before, but she's also never had to meet her fiancee's mother before either. It's a female thing (being male myself, this comes from many examples of pure observation). She wanted to impress T'Challa's mother. She couldn't help but want to look nice for her. Once more, not seeing the problem here.

And yes, she has always called the X-Men her family, I'm not denying that one. But, according the comics, she loves T'Challa to the point of marrying him. And when she shows that much interest in something, she shows even greater passion. She wants to spend her life with T'Challa, otherwise she wouldn't be getting married to him. Is she going to marry T'Challa and stay in the X-Mansion? confused No. She's going to marry him and live with him in Wakanda. By no means that does imply that she wouldn't still sacrifice her life for her "family" and friends back home. Me-thinks you've just interpreted what she said incorrectly.

Metalmanx
Originally posted by Validus
Anyone else love the wording on that one?

What is wrong with the wording? I'm not sure I see what you're referring to here.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.