the eight deleted scenes about to come on the AOTC DVD are:

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jedi fernando
i dont know, but im pretty sure someone out of you will want to try and guess right.

yerssot
sure...let me try

1. Don't Talk Back+ 8.Bar Bouncer
Already filmed, so it might appear

2. The Lost 20+3. Explaining the Lost Jedi
I think they will make it one big scene

4. More Remorse for Tusken Slaughter
well, you know it's filmed

5. Padme Wants Obi-Wan+7. Join me, Amidala
think this will be in

6. Dooku Uses 2 Sabers
big chance, I think

9.Anakin Hits Dooku
well, it's not that you can trust McC, but he promised more lightsabres

11. Mace and Yoda Chat
it's filmed, so good chance, and in this one they had to finish the scene like said on the box

I only get to 7, but I don't know how closely related 5 and 7 are...,nor when 2 and 3 are

master harmax
I just got the AOTC picture book, i.e. the movie in scene captures.
At the point of the end of the Yoda-Dooku fight, the byline in the book is, something like " And Dooku, having been forced to retreat, and at the point of defeat, used the force to drop a pillar on the prostrate Obi Wan and Anakin .... etc.etc. " ...

That means, it was the intention to show Yoda as decisively defeating Dooku ... but it didn't really come out like that in the movie ... I hope they include a couple of scenes in the DVD to bring out Yoda's superiority over Dooku more clearly.

yerssot
yes, well, eight deleted scenes will be on the DVD, this doesn't meane that they won't insert some other scenes in the movies, or indeed, like in the TPM DVD change some little things

Julie
I probably won't care which scenes are added....I just want as many as they'll put on there....

Ushgarak
Personally, Harmax, I'd put that down to mis-interpretation by the picture book. Unless some specific 'Yoda is better than Dooku' footage exists then everything we have clearly shows that Dooku was Yoda's equal in sabre fighting.

yerssot
that and Yoda would stand on Dookus head with the line "The end this is for you, Dooku"
if that was really shot, I would say Yoda is the better swordsman

Ushgarak
Actually, even if that IS in I would only say Yoda had a lucky break, because they were clearly evens for most the fight.

queeq
I think so too. Dooku just found Yoda's weak spot with throwing the pillar on OB1 and Anakin.

LaurenE147
I felt that part was clear.

master harmax
Not really ... for me the way it came out was Dooku held his own against Yoda ... it didn't look like he was going to get overwhelmed at any point ... the only difference between that fight and the previous combat was that, both Obi Wan and Anakin were clearly overwhelmed, whereas Yoda fought Dooku on equal terms and had a bit more initiative in the battle. But I really didn't get to feel any clear superiority on the part of Yoda.

LaurenE147
Why else would he cheat if he couldn't handle it. Dooku doesn't seem the type that wouldn't take the chance to finish Yoda.

Ushgarak
Because Dooku's priority was escape. This was ALL he cared about, not risking his life in a 50/50 duel. He did everything he set out to do.

LaurenE147
the databank said it too, I think.

Julie
Yoda and Dooku equals...who'd have thought ....

yerssot
Ush

LaurenE147
Ush is always wrong.

And the official site is canon! I've never seen it wrong once.

Ushgarak
Then you have't looked very hard; it used to say Owen Lars was Obi-Wan's brother.

And no matter what you say, the official site is not canon. And are you saying you have a reference on it that says that Yoda is better than Dooku?

yerssot
nope, not canon

CyberFelon
What does canon mean? Is that an american phrase or something?

yerssot
canon is how you call things that are official.
Like, in RotJ, the Sarlacc ate Boba Fett, so a canon source, the movie, said Boba is dead.
non-canon like the EU said he escaped.

CyberFelon
Pretty strange phrase if you ask me smile

yerssot
of course it is! You ever heared any sense coming out of me?
thing is, canon are the movies, the novelization and the radio drama.
Those things are what you can base yourself on

CyberFelon
Great, now i can stop looking puzzled whenever someone uses the word

Ushgarak
It's 'canon' as in religious law; canonical law is that officially approved by the Church, and the phrase got extended into storytelling some while ago.

yerssot
we are christian??? eek!
ow nutz!

master harmax
I have the official AOTC Movie Storybook in front of me : and I quote verbatim as follows :

" Seething ... the count ignited his lightsabre and charged. He attacked ferociously, but Yoda's superior command of the force, prevented Dooku from landing a single blow ... Finally the Count slowed. Then Yoda attacked. The small but powerful Jedi flew forward, his lightsabre a blur of light. Dooku did not stand a chance against his old Master's magnificent lightsaber skills.

' Fought well u have, my old Padawan,' Yoda said when the Count retreated.

' This is just the beginning ', Dooku hissed.

Using his remaining energy, Dooku sent a giant crane crashing towards Obi Wan and Anakin ... " etc.etc.etc.

This is the official SW AOTC movie story book published by Random House ....

The implication is clear .... Yoda IS the supreme master, definitely superior to Dooku.

That this fact did not come out clearly in the Yoda - Dooku duel on screen, is therefore a weakness in the screenplay that might have been bettered.

yerssot
hmm, question is, how canon is it?

and that Yoda is stronger in the force is quite clear:
"much to lear you still have"

master harmax
It's the official AOTC Movie Storybook ... everything scene by scene exactly as per the movie nothing more nothing less. If there was something in there that did not tally with what was intended to be conveyed by the movie storyline, it wouldn't have been in there. Lucasfilm wouldn't have allowed it. And it's written in very simplistic language ... purposely so, so that even 10-12 year olds can comprehend everything. It's very simple ... the intention was definitely to convey Yoda as the supreme master, superior to Dooku, in mastery of the force, AND lightsaber skills ( and remember the two are not separate distinct things ... they both are interwoven ).

yerssot
it's just that when I heared of "what's canon, what's not", there was no mentioning of storybooks, because they weren't written at the time.
It's not that I doubt you harmax, I believe you wink

CyberFelon
I would have preferred to see Yoda be the stronger fighter. But either way, he kicked ass.

Ushgarak
It's nonsense that Lucasfilm would have vetoed stuff like that; they have an EXTREMELY weak track record in this sort of thing.

All we can say is that on film the swordfight as created by Nick Gillard definitvely showed the two of them as equals and that overrides all else.

master harmax
I know u doubt me not ! What I meant to say was, this is the official AOTC movie storybook ... it's not the novelization, it's not EU, nothing ....
the official movie storybook, exactly as per the movie no more no less. So the question of it not being canon does not arise.

master harmax
As far as the onscreen fight is concerned, while Dooku was not overwhelmed by Yoda, he wasn't exactly fighting on equal terms either. He was definitely put on the retreat, on the defensive. One got the impression, that had the fight carried on, he would have eventually lost.

Ushgarak
Not at all. What we saw was Yoda taking an extrmely aggressive apporach- unsurprising considering his height- and Dooku taking the exact best response- careful, measured defence.

It was two swordmasters displaying flawless technique; if it had gone on either Dooku would have made a mistake and been killed or Yoda would have become momentarily vulnerable and been killed by a riposte. It was evens.

It is a big mistake to say that a fighter on the defensive is losing. Doubly so with the style Dooku uses. Swordfighting is very often all about the defence and waiting your chance.

LaurenE147
It was not represented like that in my opinion. I saw it plainly that Dooku couldn't beat Yoda.

master harmax
There's a difference between a fighter adopting a defensive role in combat, in response to extra aggression ( which as u said, does not mean he is losing ), and a fighter being put on the retreat, being made to lose the initiative.

I definitely felt that by the end of the combat ( which was quite short ) Dooku had definitely lost the initiative to Yoda, and was put on the retreat .... only, not overwhelminlgy so ... he could have carried on defending longer no doubt about that ... but Yoda had the initiative with him by the end, I felt quite sure of that too.

Ushgarak
Well, it looked dead evens all the way to me. I would have put the odds on him if anything because a super-aggressive style never lasts. You just cannot keep it up.

master harmax
I definitely didn't feel it as dead evens.

I was expecting a complete domination of Dooku by Yoda, which obviously did not happen - Dooku managed to hold his own quite creditably.

At the same time, it did not come out exactly even. I clearly felt Yoda's edge over Dooku. My only complaint was that, ( for myself ), this edge was not shown as more pronounced than what it was.

Ushgarak
If you insist. But my analysis of the fight is that Nick clearly showed us two equals.

jedi fernando

mah
he didn't need to beat yoda. and since the match was even, there was a danger for dooku that he might die, so he'd rather escape safe and sound. as said he had no need to beat yoda, the war was started and all he wanted was to get safe away from there.

LaurenE147
Well, you didn't analyze it closely enough.

Ushgarak
Pffft! I analyzed it perfectly well, thanks. It is the ignorant comments of those who say things like stepping backwards in a fight means you are losing that come from those who have not analyzed it properly. The comments of people who know NOTHING about swordfighting. If you think that fight showed Yoda as superior then you don't know what the hell you are talking about. All you see is Yoda being flashy and jumpy and assume he is therefore better. Crap. You need to get out the nursery when it comes to looking at swordfights. Dooku's performance was marvellous and every move he made was the right one.

And Mah has comfortably re-iterated what I said earlier- his objective was escape, not risking his life in a 50/50 duel. Fighting Yoda had no point.

Gundark
And Dooku had the DS plans on him, which he HAD to take to Sidious.

I thought they were evenly matched also, IMHO.

Ushgarak
Thankyou, Gundy. It is possible, of course, that the whole defeat of the Geonosians was arranged by Tyrannus and Sidious because that is the only way they would ever have handed those plans over.

To answer your other question, Fernando, it's my brother who is the swordfighter of the family. I get my info from him. Trust me; he knows what he is talking about. He in fact fought a guy once who beat him- and everyone else who tried to go up against him, in fact, by moving backwards and blocking then a riposte. Every time it was back, block, back, block, back, block, back, block, riposte, win. The moving backwards was the best part of his tactic. But you wouldn't THINK he was winning until he had; it would be "Ooh! He's in trouble there, not much hope, there he goes... OH! He won." And you think it is luck but then when he does it every time...

In any case while I accept that this is all just down to opinion in the end and without knowing GL's mind I cannot state any of this for absolutely certain, Lauren's comment that I hadn't analyzed it enough got right up my wick.

jedi fernando

Ushgarak
Okidokey...

yerssot
well, best thing to do if you watch the movie again is slowmotion...

with all respect, I think yoda would have it harder after a while...what does Yoda do? twisting and jumping, relying on speed to fight, well, no matter how good you are in recovering or in the force you WILL get tired. Dooku didn't moved a lot, he parried it good enough

LaurenE147
Ush, you need to calm down. breathe in and out. In and out. You are getting angry when there is no need to be. You are not being attacked. Take a chill pill.

Julie
Uh....yea it's official...I'm lost here

master harmax
Don't be lost ! I'm here with u ! smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.