Justice League vs This Mutant team

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

golem370
The fight take place in Nevada Desert who wins

Justice League
Superman
Captain Marvel
Atom Smasher
Aquaman
Green Arrow
Batman
Black Canary
Steel

vs

Mutants
Cable
Magik
Magma
Marvel Girl II
Cannonball
Chamber
Lorna Dane
Warlock
Korn
Rogue
Havok
Strong Guy
Colossus
Exile Thunderbird
Mimic II

TheKahn
Justice League wins 10/10, imo. I don't see how the mutants can account for the speed of some of its members.

golem370
Only two of them are really fast I think Cannonball and Rogue might keep them busy for awhile

golem370
Marvel Girl two she could travel back in time and warn prepare the Mutants for the battle

TheKahn
Even with one-sided prep I fail to see how an effective counter measure could be implemented by the team against Superman or Captain Marvel. Both have speed that is comparable to the Flash in addition to much greater durability and strength than what the mutants can muster.

golem370
Colossus is class 100 and Thunderbird but down Hulk in a fight Rogue is class 60 Strong Guy is class 90 to 100 you have the Magic factor the Cannonball factor who beat Gladiator Warlock is also pretty versatile Mimic if he could touch Superman or Captain Marvel would have Half their powers

Thunderbird- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thunderbird_%28Exiles%29
Magik- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magik_%28comics%29
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chamber_%28comics%29
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valeria_Richards

Thunderstrike
Strong guy is the only one who could go toe to toe and hurt any of the JL members.

Blair Wind
Cannonball absorbs Kinetic energy (through his sheild and it has to be things like punches and such), and his sheild is impossible to get through.

He could feasibly beat them, with the help of the others of course. But he would be the main threat.

Unless Aquaman just makes them all non mutant...evil face

golem370
Thunderbird beat Hulk he could hurt them to.

TheKahn
Originally posted by golem370
Colossus is class 100 and Thunderbird but down Hulk in a fight Rogue is class 60 Strong Guy is class 90 to 100 you have the Magic factor the Cannonball factor who beat Gladiator Warlock is also pretty versatile Mimic if he could touch Superman or Captain Marvel would have Half their powers

Now don't get me wrong, the mutants could put up a good fight against some of the lower members of the JLA team. However, for the most part they are entirely too one dimensional to beat CM or Superman. The ones who have super strength/durability lack the speed necessary to land a punch on either, and the ones with some super speed (even though I don't think any of the mutants are anywhere near fast enough) can't really harm CM or Superman given their incredible durability. All the mutants would die before they even realized the fight had started erm It takes far more than just strength to beat either, imo.

Originally posted by Blair Wind
Cannonball absorbs Kinetic energy (through his sheild and it has to be things like punches and such), and his sheild is impossible to get through.
He could feasibly beat them, with the help of the others of course. But he would be the main threat.
Unless Aquaman just makes them all non mutant...evil face

He would be more of a challenge than most but I think the JLA could beat him. After Cable is gone Aquaman could use telepathy on him, Superman could either freeze him, use heat vision, or BFR him into space, and CM's magic lightning might work.

Blair Wind
crap...ok I just remembered a debate a long time ago with cannonball. He can absorb kinetic energy. Period. So heat vision wont work. Superman rarely uses his ice breath.....but Im not sure what magic lighting would do. Telepathy of course would work.
But you have to remember you have a god like character (Cable), a magneto character (Polaris), an ultimate Defense Character (Cannonball.....question he can use his sheild on others right?), and the ultimate versitile character (Mimic).......I think JLA is powerful and all, but without ppl like Flash or MM on this team, I dont see them winning this one...Unless Aquaman has better abilities than Cable....

golem370
Both Cable and Chamber have mental ability and Xorn has Black Hole like powers. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xorn

golem370
And so does Xorn have telepathic powers to

Galvaclaw
Considering heat vision isn't transferring kinetic energy, no. Heat vision transfers heat energy to the target. Its like saying he can harness gravity or other kinds of energy.

Come on cannonball didn't beat Gladiator he vaguely inconvenienced him by slowing Gladiator down for a few minutes.

Damn. If only Superman had defenses against both those kinds of attacks...oh wait he does.

Tassadar
Wait, this is God-Cable?
Or regular powers Cable?
God Cable going all out would have beat the Surfer, he was trying to prevent collateral damage in that fight. If he gets a defense up, no one could hurt him on the JLA, while he could definetely hurt most of them.

TheKahn
crap...ok I just remembered a debate a long time ago with cannonball. He can absorb kinetic energy. Period. So heat vision wont work. Superman rarely uses his ice breath.....but Im not sure what magic lighting would do. Telepathy of course would work.
But you have to remember you have a god like character (Cable), a magneto character (Polaris), an ultimate Defense Character (Cannonball.....question he can use his sheild on others right?), and the ultimate versitile character (Mimic).......I think JLA is powerful and all, but without ppl like Flash or MM on this team, I dont see them winning this one...Unless Aquaman has better abilities than Cable....

But my question is can any of those three do any real damage to Superman or Captain Marvel or defend themselves given their opponent's speed? I agree that the Flash would be helpful in any fight, I just don't know if there is a lot of things he can do speed-wise that Superman can't match (not including kinetic energy manipulation of course).

Even Wally says Superman used to be able to match him in speed before he learned how to tap into the Speed Force better.
http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/5010/flashenergysteal24uo.th.jpg

UniOmni
Golem, you just don't get it. The only mutants powerful enough to even begin to handle this team are ones with exotic powers and application. Like Magneto with shields up,etc. And they almost always need circumstances to favor their odds. Hard to handle a powerhouse team that has bricks that fly faster than thought. And Peter may be class 100, but he's in the lows. So low, he cheated to get there. Infact, if Marvel showed Thing smashing him, i wouldn't be surprised. Peter is of no help here. Superman dents him with a backhand.
Xorn, Mimic, Cable and Cannonball all operate slower than thinking speed. They don't have the perceptions to keep up. This team loses 10/10. And i like Mutants. MArvel just rarely made them powerful enough to even phase this team.

batdude123
Originally posted by UniOmni
Golem, you just don't get it. The only mutants powerful enough to even begin to handle this team are ones with exotic powers and application. Like Magneto with shields up,etc. And they almost always need circumstances to favor their odds. Hard to handle a powerhouse team that has bricks that fly faster than thought. And Peter may be class 100, but he's in the lows. So low, he cheated to get there. Infact, if Marvel showed Thing smashing him, i wouldn't be surprised. Peter is of no help here. Superman dents him with a backhand.
Xorn, Mimic, Cable and Cannonball all operate slower than thinking speed. They don't have the perceptions to keep up. This team loses 10/10. And i like Mutants. MArvel just rarely made them powerful enough to even phase this team.

Agreed. yes

Tron
Originally posted by Tassadar
Wait, this is God-Cable?
Or regular powers Cable?
God Cable going all out would have beat the Surfer, he was trying to prevent collateral damage in that fight. If he gets a defense up, no one could hurt him on the JLA, while he could definetely hurt most of them.

From what I recall, they were both holding back.

superbatman86
Originally posted by Tron
From what I recall, they were both holding back.
Yup they both wer holding back and Surfer was holding back alot more than Nate.It was obviouse when they both started to actually attack when Cable hit Sufer it didn't even phase him but Cable got put down with an eye blast.Anyway DC wins.Marvels team doesn't have the speed or duribility to hang with DC.The only way Marvel has a chance if you add someone like Iceman.

golem370
bump

Metalmanx
(Cannonball.....question he can use his sheild on others right?)

Only if he is holding/touching them while blasting off.

golem370
Can't Magik move just as fast as any member of JLA?

batdude123
JLA 10/10.

Juntai
JLA.

Validus
Typical KMC DC fanboy haterade. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Mutants win 9/10.

emporerpants
JLA 10/10

kevdude
JLA's got this..

Superherovandal
are u serious about the 9/10 thing Validus.

Juntai
Originally posted by Superherovandal
are u serious about the 9/10 thing Validus. Validus is a huge Marvel fanboy.

rotiart
Originally posted by golem370
The fight take place in Nevada Desert who wins

Justice League
Superman
Captain Marvel
Atom Smasher
Aquaman
Green Arrow
Batman
Black Canary
Steel

vs

Mutants
Cable
Magik
Magma
Marvel Girl II
Cannonball
Chamber
Lorna Dane
Warlock
Korn
Rogue
Havok
Strong Guy
Colossus
Exile Thunderbird
Mimic II

Korn? You mean the band? why not throw in limp bizkit, taproot and linkin park too... :P
But yah, you have no true heavy hitters.. team xman/marvel dies badly.

batdude123
Originally posted by Validus
Typical KMC DC fanboy haterade. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Mutants win 9/10.

laughing

Validus
Originally posted by Juntai
Validus is a huge Marvel fanboy.
I just calls it how I sees it. smokin'

Accel
I just calls it how I sees it. smokin'
And we're proud to have him as a tourney judge.

Juntai
I just calls it how I sees it. smokin' lmao.

((The_Anomaly))
Originally posted by UniOmni

Yep yes

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.