Favorite Drummers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

PINBALL
Who is your favorite drummer(s).

el_barto
Keith Moon

Bierbommetje
Frank Beard

Victor Von Doom
Just saw The Fantomas Melvins Big Band, with Dave Lombardo and Dale Crover both playing at once. Quite a hard act to beat.

Bierbommetje
I saw Animal and Buddy Rich do a drumbattle. Now that was something.

Animal won obviously, but we should keep the factually best drummer out of this, me thinks.

PINBALL
My favorite is probably Travis Barker or Tre Cool....

Meta
Dave Grohl or Brian Chase
two different stlyes but both good

C-Dic
Regardless of the general opinion, at the moment, it's still Joey Jordison because of his insane precision. If anyone owns Slipknot's "Disasterpieces" DVD, use the multi-angle feature to go to Camera 1 (Joey's #) on "People = Shit". Dude virtually operates each half of his body with a different brain.

Alpha Centauri
He still isn't anywhere close to being a patch on Terry Bozzio.

I like Joey though. I think creatively he's very good.

-AC

Evil Dead
Dave Grohl......made all the more amazing by the fact that he can also sing, play guitar and bass proficiently.

alic88
the drummer of tool i forgot his name,and Mike Portnoy.

Alpha Centauri
Danny Carey is Tool's drummer.

-AC

RedAlertv2
As far as creativity Danny Carey would be way up there. But there are faster drummers out there.

Some of my favorites are:

Travis Barker
Danny Carey
The Rev

Tptmanno1
Carey handles those time changes like none other in some of the Tool songs.

Lord_Iniquitous
ERIC CARR(KISS)
Roger Taylor(Queen)
Mick Brown(Dokken, Lynch Mob)
Tommy Lee(Motley Crue)
Rocky Gray(Evanescence)

Any drummer in the past and present that played/plays for Cradle Of Filth

Soldner

Soldner
The Drummer of Tool is "Dany Carey"

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Danny Carey is Tool's drummer.

-AC

-AC

Soldner

alic88
no i didnt say that mike portnoy is tool's drummer, i just said AND mike portnoy. sorry for the misunderstanding.

C-Dic
What I liked/liked best about Danny Carey has been his rolls. He's got the whole imposing, jungle beat style that sets Tool apart from other bands. Kind of like how Joey Jordison's style compliment' Slipknot, and their new artistic approach.

Alpha Centauri
I think Slipknot are much the better band now than they were, thanks in no small part to Rick Rubin.

That said, they could still drop a member or 3.

-AC

~Da Rev~
Has anyone ever heard of Sheila E.?

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by ~Da Rev~
Has anyone ever heard of Sheila E.?

To be fair, I doubt there'd be many people here who know her, but yes. She's not some unknown.

-AC

knight
Mick Fleetwood
Mark Brzezicki
Paul Stokes
Roger Taylor
Nick Manson
Mick Avory
Taku Hirano although he is a percussionist, I bet he can drum
Bob Henrit
Rick Allen

~Da Rev~
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
To be fair, I doubt there'd be many people here who know her, but yes. She's not some unknown.

-AC I was watching some sort of Prince performance, not quite sure of what its called. And she had a huge drum solo on it. It cought my eye, so i watched some more of her on youtube. She is damn good.

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by ~Da Rev~
I was watching some sort of Prince performance, not quite sure of what its called. And she had a huge drum solo on it. It cought my eye, so i watched some more of her on youtube. She is damn good.

That's from the Sign o' the Times video.

Her solo is brilliant, and she's in a dress and high heels (If you do actually mean that one).

Prince's current drummer, John Blackwell, is even better.

Alpha Centauri
They should call him John Playwell.

-AC

Victor Von Doom
John Blackwell AKA John Playwell AKA Drum Goodwell

l.saratn
Rob Bourdon

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by l.saratn
Rob Bourdon

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

l.saratn
What's that for? O_O

Dr. Strangelove
Saying Rob Bourdon is your favorite drummer is like saying Shawn Bradley is your favorite NBA player or X-Pac is your favorite wrestler.

l.saratn
I don't know any drummers embarrasment

He's the only drummer I know.

Scottie
Dave Grohl woot

~Da Rev~
Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
That's from the Sign o' the Times video.

Her solo is brilliant, and she's in a dress and high heels (If you do actually mean that one).

Prince's current drummer, John Blackwell, is even better. Thats the one. She is great

John Playwell, eh?

§P0oONY
Makoto Sakurai.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.