One, two, or three?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

To Suffer
Which was your favourite? I, II, or III?

I think this is a clear sweep for Episode 3. Episode 1 was the worst Star Wars one up to date, and episode 2 was mediocre. Episode 3 was a joyride-full of adventure and great acting!

Captain REX
I'll go with Episode III. Episode I and II weren't THAT bad...you haven't seen 'Plan 9 From Outer Space.' Horrid movie...makes II look like a movie that won Best Picture at the Academy awards.

Bad in comparison with the other movies, maybe. I liked I more than II.

JaehSkywalker
i voted for one only because of obi-wan's cuteness there lol...

but the they are all good, and my favorite storyline*whatever* is 3...

and i don't hold favorites when it comes to SW... except for Obi-wan...

Alliance
Actually, I liked them all. TPM was artisctically the best and most influential Star Wars. Maturity of some of the characters was ngplot, though it wasn't played out well and got jumbled by lucas. ROTS was fast-paced and a good connector movie, but lacked the depth, art, and characterization to the others. It was too focused on meaningless action sequences.

ROTS as "joyfull adventure ride and good acting"....my arse.

Rampant ox
TPM was pretty boring and was really just setting up for AOTC and ROTS. ROTS had the potential to be great but had to much packed into it. The story line just went to fast. AOTC is the best. It has the classic lightsaber duels, the massive good vs bad battles and great special effects. Plus it has the great Count Dooku wtf pwning everything in sight which makes it awesome!!!!!

aj_vader
how anyone can choose Phantom Menace or Attack Of The Clones over Revenge Of The Sith, Ill never know messed

Its Sith for me

The Phantom Menace - Weak plot, boring battles, nothing too impressive, exellent Villian (Darth Maul), Obi-Wan's character was weak and so was Qui-Gonns, overall worst of the PT

Attack Of The Clones - Bit of a deeper plot, centered too much around the Love story between Anakin n Padme (cheesy lines), Jango fett didnt live up to Boba Fett for me messed, Count Dooku was a good Villian but no way cooler than Darth Maul and Dooku only showed up at the end of the movie, Yoda looks awful and really over done with CG, so in all Better than Episode I, but not quite there

Revenge Of The Sith - Fantastic opening battle, acting is improved by far (more room for improvement), visuals are stunning, Count Dooku killed off quickly, nice duel and nice homage to the last duel in Ep II. General Grievous, new kinda bad guy (mirrors Vader), Yoda looks much better and his fighting in this one is more believeable. Over All The Best of all the 3

So if you ask me, Lucas did his Job almost right, the trilogy got better and better, the end one was the best, if your trilogy doesnt end the best one, then i dont think youve done your job wink

truejedi
Originally posted by aj_vader
how anyone can choose Phantom Menace or Attack Of The Clones over Revenge Of The Sith, Ill never know messed

Its Sith for me

The Phantom Menace - Weak plot, boring battles, nothing too impressive, exellent Villian (Darth Maul), Obi-Wan's character was weak and so was Qui-Gonns, overall worst of the PT

Attack Of The Clones - Bit of a deeper plot, centered too much around the Love story between Anakin n Padme (cheesy lines), Jango fett didnt live up to Boba Fett for me messed, Count Dooku was a good Villian but no way cooler than Darth Maul and Dooku only showed up at the end of the movie, Yoda looks awful and really over done with CG, so in all Better than Episode I, but not quite there

Revenge Of The Sith - Fantastic opening battle, acting is improved by far (more room for improvement), visuals are stunning, Count Dooku killed off quickly, nice duel and nice homage to the last duel in Ep II. General Grievous, new kinda bad guy (mirrors Vader), Yoda looks much better and his fighting in this one is more believeable. Over All The Best of all the 3

So if you ask me, Lucas did his Job almost right, the trilogy got better and better, the end one was the best, if your trilogy doesnt end the best one, then i dont think youve done your job wink

how did jango fett not live up to boba fett? basically all we see boba fett do is get eaten by a sarlacc, while jango does almost kill obi-wan kenobi. granted, he loses rather pathetically to windu, but it was he who set windu's cape on fire in the first place. just a thought.

Alliance
Boba did almost nothing in the OT movies. He stands a lot.

ROTS yoda as bad? not up to par, but its certainly better thatn the melted puppet of TPM

ROTS...incredibly boring opening sequence that was way overhyped. We barely even see Anaakin and Obiwas fire blasters. They sepend most of thier time flying in circles in a repeat battle of the asteroid belt missle attack in AOTC. The then do battle with a cheesy astmatic villan with horrible one liners and a weak character. Acting is as horrible as ever as in SW. Visuals are good, but lack the cohesiveness of TPM, ANH, ESB, and ROTJ. AOTC was semi-cohesive.

and i think ESB is the best of the OT, does that mean Lucas failed? No. There are many aspects of Star Wars Lucas glossed over in ROTS to pack in endless sequences that didn't develop the plot much. I don't like that. There are many aspects of TPM and AOTC that, to me, are better than ROTS

Useless sequence: (opening half hour space battle...what did this develop? (that we don't already know))

Jedi Priestess
no brainer ROTS

PVS
what have i learned from this thread: 3 members at kmc (so far) are either just plain ol' smartasses or are genuinely deaf/dumb/blind, yet still have an opinion of the PT.

Alliance
What do you mean PVS?

Sith Master X
Well I'll begin by saying I love all three of them.

I think Episode I was a great movie all around. I have some minor dislikes about it though, and no, it isn't Jar Jar. I really didn't like the Gungan City underwater, and the pod race sequence is a little long for my liking. Otherwise, I enjoy everything else very much.

Attack of the Clones, well, I loved every minute of it. Simple as that. Obi-Wan's quest to Kamino and Geonosis, the astroid sequence, the arena, everything, is awesome in my opinion. Yoda draws his saber for the first time, and steals the whole movie with the first 5 seconds of that duel.

Ok, Revenge of the Sith. To me, while I can pick a few things out I didn't like, and they are only minor, minor things, is definitely the best of the Prequels. From the second those opening drum beats shake the theater, till the twin sunset on Tatooine, this movie is gold. My only dislike after watching it now so many times, is the fact that I wish Obi-Wan was more in involved with Anakin during the process of his turn. They seperated at Coruscant under good terms, and the next time they meet, they're ready to slice each other's heads off. Realistically, If I became close to a person for 12 years or so and they became a brother to me, I'd take a little more time trying to resolve things, rather than draw swords so suddenly. However, the beauty of making these movies, and Star Wars for that case, is that you can throw the word "realilstic" right out the door since it takes place "a long time ago in a galaxy far far away." Thats the point where I realize they're nothing more than movies that were meant for us to sit back, relax and enjoy these wonderful stories that Lucas has provided us with.

sithsaber408
Agreed.

It's got to be Sith, simply for the shots of Yoda's sword in the clone, Anakin using the Force to drop the blast doors with his hood up, and the dead silence followed by cheers as the mask lowers and Vader takes his first breath.

PVS
Originally posted by Alliance
What do you mean PVS?

look at the poll results (now its 4 people)

DeVi| D0do
TPM for me...

My dislike for ROTS seems to grow larger by the day. And I think I've voiced my distaste for AOTC many a time on these boards.

TPM is solid (as a PT film can be). Jar Jar doesn't bug me nearly as much as he used to, and in my opinion is the best written of the PT (IE it doesn't have the lines "I wish that I could wish away my feelings" or "I love you" "No, I love you!"wink, has the best duel of the PT, and is the best looking of the PT (IE it doesn't look like a cartoon).

chinabing
Originally posted by sithsaber408
and the dead silence followed by cheers as the mask lowers and Vader takes his first breath. People actually cheered when he took his first breath? Well I'll be. Cheered why, that Darth was born, or that Anakin was inprisoned in the suit? Some sick, twisted fans I guess. Vader's the child-killin' bad boy, I couldn't cheer him! I did weep for everything he did.

Of course I didn't see it in the morning at 12:01 with all the hardcores, I saw it the Friday at the 7 o'clock show.

I love AOTC because it was like the only of the prequels I was completely spoiler free, the only way to go, an awesome movie-going experience! You couldn't ignore the Phantom Menace's stuff, it was everywhere, KFC, Taco Bell, Pepsi, a standee was in darn-near every retail outlet in the United States! For ROTS I was hosting a SW party and had to buy some toys... and dammit I saw the Operation Darth Vader and Anakin's red face on one of those 12" dolls. It was hard to buy a toy and not look at any of the writing!

Alliance
I cheered. He was finally Vader, that big scary guy in the suit I remember from my childhood! and I thought Lucas didn't make him evil enough! laughing out loud

aj_vader
Originally posted by Jedi Priestess
no brainer ROTS

that just ses it all

THE PHANTOM MENACE! How Can You Be Serious!!!

It just cant be seen as the best of the prequel trilogy, im sorry i just dont know how on earth you can say it was better than Revenge Of The Sith. I could understand people liking the Phantom Menace over Attack Of The Clones, i think i can get that in ma head, but not over Revenge Of The Sith and plz if anyone posts that they think Phantom Menace is better than IV / V / VI ill probably cry and just feel sorry for ya

Eleonora
TPM was truly the best written one among the prequels, ROTS was definitely the most emotionally drenching, but my vote goes to AOTC, because I think it was the one that most successfully blended romance with action and drama...practically all SW is about, despite the stupid title.

Alliance
Originally posted by aj_vader

THE PHANTOM MENACE! How Can You Be Serious!!!

It just cant be seen as the best of the prequel trilogy, im sorry i just dont know how on earth you can say it was better than Revenge Of The Sith. I could understand people liking the Phantom Menace over Attack Of The Clones, i think i can get that in ma head, but not over Revenge Of The Sith and plz if anyone posts that they think Phantom Menace is better than IV / V / VI ill probably cry and just feel sorry for ya

People have their opinions, if they back them up logically, I think you should show some respect. I like many aspects of TPM better than the OT. I like many aspects of the OT better than TPM. We all need not have your opinion. Look at the saga objectively.

systemshock2
Phantom Menace. As people have pointed out it looks the best. I can't point out specifically why, but the backgrounds and the colors just make it look the best. And it has a great story with good political dialogue to boot. And the action is non-stop too. If you'll notice it's one action piece after another. From the escape of the Trade Federation, to the underwater ride, to the escape from Naboo, to the Podraces, to the war on Naboo, and finally the great lightsaber duel. Plus it was great to see everybody right from the beginning, from Obi-Wan to Palpatine. And of course there was Qui-Gon, which remains my favorite character.

As for AOTC and ROTS, they remain equally second, neither one greater nor worse than the other. Both good movies too.

Alliance
TPM has a wonderful sensory cohesiveness. The graphics and design all work wonderfully together. More so than in any other SW film. The music works really well too. TPM is a unified piece of visual art. Everything fits together, good and bad. Maul, the trade feds, tatooine, Naboo, coruscant, all were taken from the same artistic page.

DeVi| D0do
Well said. Totally agree... yes

aj_vader
Originally posted by Alliance
TPM has a wonderful sensory cohesiveness. The graphics and design all work wonderfully together. More so than in any other SW film. The music works really well too. TPM is a unified piece of visual art. Everything fits together, good and bad. Maul, the trade feds, tatooine, Naboo, coruscant, all were taken from the same artistic page.

The Music has always worked in all the star wars movies, John Williams is a master, he has done the best he can do and done every movie justice, and the Phantom Menace score was beautifully done wink

Alliance
agreed smile

Razielim
TPM.

RotS was pretty good, but it's first half was kinda boring.

I fell asleep during AotC. Count Dooku was the only thing good about that movie.

TPM was great. Captured the essence of the original star wars films, best character interaction (gives a more broad view of the SWU), decent plot, alright fight scene and a cool space battle.

Alliance
..except the characters were a bit childish, though that was reflective of the galactic times.

EPIIIBITES
TPM is the better film...'cause it works well on its own, and has the best pace of all the prequels.

I was actually just watching Sith two days ago and realised how cartoony it is, and I understood how it had an effect on me not being able to get a feel for and sink into these environments, worlds...

For some reason Ep.I feels like it was part of the old trilogy in that respect...and the last two prequels were in a different Star Wars universe...I don't know how to explain it.

I feel Ep.I also had some of that Star Wars magic that carried over from the OT, although it was a far inferior film...that magic is only found in glimses in the last two.

TPM is the better film...but AOTC is my fave, just 'cause there's so much cool stuff...crappy, crappy all around film...but I always end up slapping it on.

Don't get me started on Sith...

Scarecrow756
I would go for Episode III.

Razielim
Childish? Nope. "Anny" was more childish in AotC than anything. Qui-Gon was pure kickass and so was Kenobi.

AotC and RotS characters were angsty, annoying, unfunny and uninteresting. Minus Dooku, Kenobi and Palpatine.

And I agree, the effects in RotS and AotC looks so ridiculous sometimes... it makes me want to laugh. The Prequel Triligy was made for a better understanding of the OT, really, and should have been similar in style.

It's a shame, Lucas had a great concept with the PT, but nearly blew it all.

Alliance
Um....if you remember he was called anny in TPM too. and I was also referring to the stilted Neimodians, the grumbling battle droids, the gungans in general, and all the fart and poop jokes.

Some of these were also used in later movies, but not the same extent.

Rampant ox
AOTC is better than the other two because it has all the things that make a great movie. Count Dooku, action, pace, Christopher Lee, the love story, a great plot, Count Dooku and a stunning climax that nobody saw coming. The other two were great movies but the end of TPM (to me) was like, is that it? And we all knew what was going to happen in the end of ROTS because of the OT.

Darth Plagueis
I've always felt that what hurts the prequels is the script. They got knocked alot for acting, but an actor can only do so much with a weak script. That said, I should probably specify the dialogue in the script, as I feel that the plotline of all 3 are tight.
TPM has the best acting. Liam Neeson is great as Qui Gon, and its a shame that Lucas didn't utilise him in 2 and 3 the way he did Sir Alec Guinness in the original trilogy. However, JarJar and young Ani ARE annoying!!
AOTC is very weak on dialogue, and this hurts the romance scenes...the action is tight, if somewhat disjointed (we really didn't need the droid factory)..
ROTS is the most satisfying in many ways, but again with the weak dialogue and rather rushed conversion of Anakin...
I am starting to think of the prequels as TSS the second trilogy...looking at them as a cohesive whole allows me to better overlook some of the inherant flaws that the individual films may have.
But what do I know?
Other than that we are WAY more picky than we were in the late 70s and early 80s!!!

Stun
Sith for me. yet i gave Menace the vote - work that one outmessed

Koenig

non-geek
Originally posted by Eleonora
TPM was truly the best written one among the prequels, ROTS was definitely the most emotionally drenching, but my vote goes to AOTC, because I think it was the one that most successfully blended romance with action and drama...practically all SW is about, despite the stupid title.

UM... HOW CAN U SAY that AOTC is amixture of romance and action and romance?!
AOTC is completely about romance, TPM has poor acting, it's obviously ROTS. THATS the real combination of romance and action wink

Tangible God
Originally posted by non-geek
UM... HOW CAN U SAY that AOTC is amixture of romance and action and romance?!
AOTC is completely about romance, TPM has poor acting, it's obviously ROTS. THATS the real combination of romance and action wink So you don't call the repeated action and romance scenes a mix of romance and action?

The f*ck?

EPIIIBITES
AOTC is completely about romancewink

"Completely" about romance? Which edition do you have, 'cause I'm glad I don't have it.

Mine has this cool speeder chase through Coruscant, Jango Fett and Obi-wan battling it out all over the place, and about half an hour straight of creatures, lightsabers and battlefields.

TPM has poor actingwink

And the other two got robbed at oscar time?

it's obviously ROTS. THATS the real combination of romance and actionwink

There's a total of maybe 5 mins of romance in Sith...this picture wasn't about Romance, it was about fallout...have you even seen these movies more than once "Mr. Registered Today???"

EPIIIBITES
Welcome to the KMC SW forums! big grin

DarthMaul9123
my favorite is TPM because it is the closest to the original films R2 and C3po sound like they did in the old ones and the jedi only had red, green, or blue no purple orange gold yellow tie die, and yoda was still a puppet like the originals, it was the most original in a sense too

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.