Obi Wan vs Mace Windu

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Decay
i did a search and was surprised that nothing came up for this.

both are considered masters of their chosen form of combat, both are among the best swordsmen in the galaxy and both are high ranking jedi masters.

maces style is all about offence, striking quickly and unpredictably, obi wan is all about defence, surviving every kind of offence and striking when a moment of frustration or an error appears.

i saw these two spar in a comic but it didnt show an outcome. setting is coud city, where vader and luke fought. both are out to kill eachother, no sparing.

Deception
Mace pwns Obi Wan in 10 seconds.

Jonathan Mark
Meh Mace would defeat Obi-Wan, but Obi-Wan was considered the greatest form III master in the order so I think he could hold off Mace for some time before getting wasted.

Blaxican Style
Yeah it definantly wouldn't be ten secodns, considering Obi-Wan is liek the MASTER of a mostly defensive form. But yeah the chances of Obi winnign are almost non-existant.

Deception
Considering Dooku broke through Obi Wan's so called invincible defense in 10 seconds, i honestly dont see how he can stop Mace from doing the exact same thing.

Blaxican Style
Well the presence of Anakin going buckwild not even 2 feet away from him might help...I mean Obi-wan had to worry about not slicing his head off, as well as the general protction of his friend. 1 on 1 he can concentrate fully and go all out.

kamikz
Originally posted by Deception
Considering Dooku broke through Obi Wan's so called invincible defense in 10 seconds, i honestly dont see how he can stop Mace from doing the exact same thing.

Well, Obi-Wan had to go on the offensive side to work good together with Anakin, so he shoulden't be very defensive there....

Deception
Point taken, but how much did he improve in between AOTC and ROTS? Unless it was significant Obi will fall in a matter of seconds.

Razielim
Hm... I'd say Mace but Obi gives him trouble. I mean, Kenobi seemed to have a weakness against Dooku or something. Dooku tossed him around like nothing; when Anakin went on to cut his head off a minute later.

Deception
Well as people stated, Obi wasnt exactly fighting with his forte, his excellent at defensive but when he fought with Anakin he went offensive.

Point im trying to make is the difference in strength between AOTC Obi and ROTS Obi, if the difference is slight its quite possible Mace tosses Obi around like Dooku did in AOTC.

darthsith19
Obi-Wan got alot stronger between AOTC and ROTS. In AOTC he was weaker than Kit Fisto and only on par with Jango. By ROTS he was able to defeat Grievous and considered by Mace Windu to be the Order's greatest Soresu Master.

Mace takes this battle, but not without trouble. Mace is a Jedi, he's not gonna use Dark Side Force powers on Obi-Wan like Dooku did, plus he's not as strong with the Force as Dooku is. He wins, but not for a while.

jollyjim311
Originally posted by darthsith19
Obi-Wan got alot stronger between AOTC and ROTS. In AOTC he was weaker than Kit Fisto and only on par with Jango. By ROTS he was able to defeat Grievous and considered by Mace Windu to be the Order's greatest Soresu Master.

Mace takes this battle, but not without trouble. Mace is a Jedi, he's not gonna use Dark Side Force powers on Obi-Wan like Dooku did, plus he's not as strong with the Force as Dooku is. He wins, but not for a while.

Wow, that was exactly what I was going to say.

Blaxican Style
actually your all just copying what I said.

jollyjim311
Yeah, but the point about how Dooku used a dark side move to pierce Obi Wan's defence was something I wanted to point out, but DS got it first.

There are both ROTS, right? It's not like TPM Mace versus Old Ben or anything weird?

Darth_Glentract
Obi-wan gets pwned.

Blaxican Style
Thank you Glentract foor your wonderful and redundent input.

Admiral Akbar
Originally posted by Blaxican Style
Thank you Glentract foor your wonderful and redundent input.

No other input is nessasary. This thread is a waste. Obi gets owned.

Great Vengeance
Obi wan is undeniably outmatched, though he would put up a decent struggle.

Mysterious Man

Mace takes this battle, but not without trouble. Mace is a Jedi, he's not gonna use Dark Side Force powers on Obi-Wan like Dooku did, plus he's not as strong with the Force as Dooku is. He wins, but not for a while. I wouldn't say that if I were you.Mace does know a bit of DS power(hense the Forch Crush power,which is as DS as you can get wink )

Flammable Fun
Mace would most likely manage to break through Obi-Wan's Soresu in about 5-10 minutes.

Admiral Akbar
5-10 min? He has shatterpoint it would take mace maybe tops 2min.

((The_Anomaly))
Obi-Wan would put up an OK fight, but it wouldn't take Mace more then 5 min's to beat Kenobi. I'm inclined to say the fight would last prolly 2-3 min's.

Mace simply outclasses Obi-Wan in every way, theres not much Kenobi can do other then see how long he can stay alive for.

Flammable Fun
Sorry, not 5-10, 2-5

Decay
i dont think obi wan can win, but i think he can last longer than a few mins. going by nic gillard, obi wan is a level 8 dueler and anakin is 9, which is yodas level. guessing mace is a level 9 also, obi wan managed to last a fair while against anakin. i think it would be a fiarly similar fight with obi wan constantly giving ground and always on the defence. the major difference would be maces lack of mistakes and more caution. it would last 5-10 id say, with obi wan eventually going down. but hes perfect against guys who rely on alot of offence like grievous. obi wan will lose, but he can hold on for a bit.

Deception

Well in the Novels, just before ROTS Mace crushes Grievious's body with presumably a Force Crush, wouldn't that be considered dark?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.