Sentry vs. Orion

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JOE NUNEZ
who wins.......

Superman_045
I say Sentry.

Thunderstrike
Most people will say Orion because he has more feats.

S.S
Orian stomps him by default like every other thread that involves Sentry.

joesha28
Hard to say.

spetznaz
Based on hype I have to say Sentry.
Actually let me not call it hype ....call it insinuation.
The various implicit references on the Sentry make him appear to be an immensely powerful character ..the only problem is that he has no real hard feats (but there are hints/boardroom rumors/interesting allusions in comic stories Sentry has appeared in/ etc etc etc etc yadayadayada)

Based on hard feats I'd say Orion.
Easily.
Very!
The character has a load of feats going back years, and with his strength, skills, technology, and motherbox has done a whole lot of powerful stunts. He is the son of Darkseid, and a New God under the HighFather to boot and has a connection to the Source.

Anyways, this is really hard to chose. After all, based on implicit references Sentry should take this (especially if people start bringing in all that schmu ....I mean, the whole 'stalemating Galactus' and 'power of a million suns' and such); while based on hard feats on printed paper Orion comes up on top.

Hard to say who would win ......for now I am leaning towards Sentry, but I have to say all of that is based on no real hard facts/feats but simply various allusions and whatnot. Let's just say I'd vote Sentry, but I would be voting 100% based on hype ....I mean implicit references to his powers from sources that are not technically concrete in terms of their veracity ....and thus that vote might as well be for the Tooth Fairy or for that matter Bugs Bunny (Bugs could easily be said to be indestructible and a prankster/reality-bender on the level of the Mask/Mr Mxy, based on extrapolations and allusions of what he has done in his various cartoon shorts ....and for that matter Bugs has more hard feats than Sentry .....hey, we have seen him somehow make a shotgun inserted in one rabbit hole somehow stretch, come out of another hole, and shoot the hunter in his behind!)!

If I was to be perfectly objective then I would have to chose Orion. An extremely powerful character with lineage that stems from both Darkseid/Apokolips and New Genesis, and one of the best and most powerful powerhouses/fighters in the DCU. And a character that has a wealth of REAL feats under his belt (instead of whispers and internet talk ala Sentry).

Doctor SKank
Originally posted by spetznaz
Based on hype I have to say Sentry.
Actually let me not call it hype ....call it insinuation.
The various implicit references on the Sentry make him appear to be an immensely powerful character ..the only problem is that he has no real hard feats (but there are hints/boardroom rumors/interesting allusions in comic stories Sentry has appeared in/ etc etc etc etc yadayadayada)

Based on hard feats I'd say Orion.
Easily.
Very!
The character has a load of feats going back years, and with his strength, skills, technology, and motherbox has done a whole lot of powerful stunts. He is the son of Darkseid, and a New God under the HighFather to boot and has a connection to the Source.

Anyways, this is really hard to chose. After all, based on implicit references Sentry should take this (especially if people start bringing in all that schmu ....I mean, the whole 'stalemating Galactus' and 'power of a million suns' and such); while based on hard feats on printed paper Orion comes up on top.

Hard to say who would win ......for now I am leaning towards Sentry, but I have to say all of that is based on no real hard facts/feats but simply various allusions and whatnot. Let's just say I'd vote Sentry, but I would be voting 100% based on hype ....I mean implicit references to his powers from sources that are not technically concrete in terms of their veracity ....and thus that vote might as well be for the Tooth Fairy or for that matter Bugs Bunny (Bugs could easily be said to be indestructible and a prankster/reality-bender on the level of the Mask/Mr Mxy, based on extrapolations and allusions of what he has done in his various cartoon shorts ....and for that matter Bugs has more hard feats than Sentry .....hey, we have seen him somehow make a shotgun inserted in one rabbit hole somehow stretch, come out of another hole, and shoot the hunter in his behind!)!

If I was to be perfectly objective then I would have to chose Orion. An extremely powerful character with lineage that stems from both Darkseid/Apokolips and New Genesis, and one of the best and most powerful powerhouses/fighters in the DCU. And a character that has a wealth of REAL feats under his belt (instead of whispers and internet talk ala Sentry).

I've only seen the Grant Morisson interpretation of Orion, and he didn't seem nearly as powerful as he is generally percieved on this forum. He seems to be on a Wonder Woman level rather than on that of Superman.

outavodka
once orion tangeled with the surfer,....he justa bout died but he put up a good one

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.