Xavier with the drug "Kick", Cerebra, and the Mind Gem vs....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BlaqChaos
...every DC and Marvel telepath at once!!!

DarkCrawler
Why Soul Gem but not Mind Gem? huh

BlaqChaos
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
Why Soul Gem but not Mind Gem? huh Sorry, my mistake. I was in too much of a hurry. I changed it.

Tshern
Xavier loses. For example Galactus is a pretty good telepath...

GODSCRIBE
his best bet is to turn the fight into an Astral one, apart from that he dies horribly.

DarkCrawler

GODSCRIBE
let's not even forget the Kree Supreme Intelligence. that alone would be enough to humble Xavier.

manorastroman
with kick, cerebra, AND the mind gem? that's global telepath professor X enhanced by...what, kick is something like 50 times power right? and cerebra is even more than that...then of course the mind gem, which is a still greater enhancement.

we're talking professor times a thousand.

Tshern
Who cares?

LordKaos
people with sense care because with that kind of enhancement they are doomed.

Tshern
Ummmm, aren't like White Martians all telepaths? Then we have some suckers like Galactus and Lucifer Morningstar (I'm damn sure he has telepathy).

LordKaos
In the immortal words of you "who cares".

Tshern
Xavier, who suddenly finds himself severely overpowered? Don't hate me, hate the fact that you didn't see this coming. Xavier has absolutely no chance whatsoever.

LordKaos
Who hates you I don't even know you, he has multiple chances to win, the powers of the infinity gems largely depends on the personality, will, knowledge and expectations of the wielder somebody like Xavier would be able access the infinite power the gem has easy, then he'll be connected to Cerbra and all hopped up on dope.

Laminator_X
Xavier with the Mind Gem alone would be unbeatable via telepathy. He could tap it's full potential.

Phoenix_Avatar9
every telepath? including Phoenix? lol, just wanted to be an ass*ole, just venting some feelings for my Lit. teacher. Actually, not only with Xavier's sheer might, but completely letting loose, and with hiss ironclad will, plus all the enhancements, i believe that he stands a very, very good chance at winning

Cosmic Flame
Every telepath in two universes? Xavier's not going to make it. There would be way to many fronts for him to fight on for him to make it out. Most of the lesser telepaths wouldn't stand a chance against him, but while he's picking of TPs like White Queen and Psylocke on down, the heavy hitters are kicking his butt all over the astral plane.

LordKaos
The only problem he would have is Phoenix, because she can push beyond her limits and do things he can't, but like she said he taught her everything she knows about telepathy, not everything he knows. And since when are White Queen and Psylocke not heavy hitters?

wannabe
I'm one of the most feverish defenders of Charly and his telepathic prowess in this forum, but even with all these enhancements...against ALL telepaths of two universes?...NO chance i say!
I mean, there are millions!!! And many of them are equally or even more powerful than him. If all of them form a gestalt, charly is lost, even with these mighty enhancements he's got.

Oh, and LordKaos is right: White Queen IS a heavy hitter when it comes to telepathy!!! (Psylocke isn't a telepath anymore, so...)

GalacticStorm
Xavier would lose horribly. Its the Power Gem of the Infinity Gauntlet that provides the universal scale power and boosts the other gems. When not used in unison with the Power gem the Mind Gem would just be a conduit for a vast amount of psionic power but Xavier would be far from unbeatable.

Xavier would lose to the fundamental forces of one universe let alone two. The lastest handbook states that apparrently both the Infinity Gems and the Power Primordial derive their power from the Big Bang and we all know what the Big Bang is wink

Xavier loses 10/10

wannabe
^
I certainly do!!! big grin

LordKaos
The powers of the gems are infinite thus the name, the power gem only fuels the power it takes for them to become and sustain the gauntlet. Their individual powers are based on who is using them and what they know. He has a descent chance.

Tshern
He doesn't have a chance. How do see him beating the LT or Lucifer, for example?

bitca730
The same way he beats everyone up to that point...duh...

Tshern
Yep, lol. Emma Frost, Mentallo, Lucifer, all the same.

bitca730
Hahaha, please stop, your'e killing me!

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by LordKaos
The powers of the gems are infinite thus the name, the power gem only fuels the power it takes for them to become and sustain the gauntlet. Their individual powers are based on who is using them and what they know. He has a descent chance.

I never make a blunt statement about anything unless i know it to be fact or i have a wealth of supporting evidence at hand LK. All the above is your understanding of the I Gems, your opinion and whilst i respect that in light of whats actually stated in the comics it is conclusively incorrect.

The gems are called the Infinity Gems because Thanos chose to call them so in "Thanos Quest". Why? Because:

a) They were previously all called the soul gems, which he deemed silly because only one of them actually gave control over the soul

b) They all gave a measure of control over the aspects which make up reality

While its true that the power a wielder of one of the gems can employ is dependent on their knowledge and skill, without the Power Gem being wielded in unison and therefore boosting the other gems power to a virtually infinite scale a wielder will always be limited and far from possess unlimited power. This point has made quite obvious from the number of capable and experienced people who have possessed individual gems (i.e Adam Warlock, Moondragon ) and far from displayed power on the level your opinion w suggest they could. Regardless so as to disprove this notion beyond all doubt here Thanos actually states on panel that its the Power gem that boosts the others to infinite proportions:

http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/6977/thanosquest1468jr.th.jpg

Given all that in mind Xavier loses 10/10. He doesnt stand the remotest chance against the combined telepathic forces of the two universes. On top of that as aforementioned the I Gems as stated in the latest Handbook tap into the Big Bang for power. Phoenix would be in opposition. That says it all. wink

nimrod009
Originally posted by GalacticStorm

Regardless so as to disprove this notion beyond all doubt here Thanos actually states on panel that its the Power gem that boosts the others to infinite proportions:

http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/6977/thanosquest1468jr.th.jpg
B]

I think you miss understood. Thanos said the power gem backs the other gems up, not boosts them. Sorry, but the power gem simply gives the wielder potentially unlimited physical attributes. If you have any other scans though I'll gladly be proven wrong smile

Xavier still loses here however.

grey fox
Superman wins.

Tor vo baby , Tor vo.....

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by nimrod009
I think you miss understood. Thanos said the power gem backs the other gems up, not boosts them. Sorry, but the power gem simply gives the wielder potentially unlimited physical attributes. If you have any other scans though I'll gladly be proven wrong smile

Xavier still loses here however.

If you were to re-read the scene again you would see that it states that the Power Gem backs the others up with Infinite Power, something they would not have access to as standalone tools my friend. wink

As for your assessment on the Power Gem and the abilities it bestows upon wielders well that unfortunately is only half the story. The Power Gem was underused by the likes of Champion and Drax to only enhance their physical attributes (i.e their strength and durability) however as stated on panel it can be applied to any force, it gives access to a virtually unlimited reservoir of energy.

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/663/thanosquest1249gl.th.jpg

So with the Power Gem used in concert with the others a wielder is able to manipulate all facets of reality on a virtually infinite scale.

Dont worry about it mate. We all make mistakes. sad

nimrod009
Haha, thanks, as I said I'll gladly be proven wrong smile

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by nimrod009
Haha, thanks, as I said I'll gladly be proven wrong smile

Glad to be of service. big grin

Metalmanx
With the Mind Gem? Hell, that's it. Xavier defeats all. Including Phoenix. With his iron-clad will and sheer power already, and then being able to unlock and tap into the awesome power of the gem...I don't see any way of beating him. He would literally become the damn essence telepathy itself. I say he wins.

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by Metalmanx
With the Mind Gem? Hell, that's it. Xavier defeats all. Including Phoenix. With his iron-clad will and sheer power already, and then being able to unlock and tap into the awesome power of the gem...I don't see any way of beating him. He would literally become the damn essence telepathy itself. I say he wins.

You havent read the thread have you? wink

If you had then you'd see why the logic behind this post is greatly at fault given all thats been stated here. Have a read.

Metalmanx
You havent read the thread have you? wink

If you had then you'd see why the logic behind this post is greatly at fault given all thats been stated here. Have a read.

No, I read the thread, GS. And the day that I start basing my answers soley on what other people have "stated" is the day that I stop posting on this forum.

Since apparently I must now repeat myself, I think that Xavier has a very good chance of winning this match with all of the extreme additions he's been armed with. Of course, this is my opinion based on my pretty decent knowledge of the subject.

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by Metalmanx
No, I read the thread, GS. And the day that I start basing my answers soley on what other people have "stated" is the day that I stop posting on this forum.

Since apparently I must now repeat myself, I think that Xavier has a very good chance of winning this match with all of the extreme additions he's been armed with. Of course, this is my opinion based on my pretty decent knowledge of the subject.

My opinion isnt the sole component of my posts. Theyre backed up with scans and references actually stating the points ive been trying to make. So to ignore that is rather silly.

Given that:

a) The mind gem on its own does not give access to anywhere near infinite power

b) The mind gems power stems from the Big Bang as stated in the latest bio (and we all know what the Big Bang is wink

c) Cerebra only multiplies his range to global status

d) He's against the combined telepathic forces of both universes

Xavier doesnt stand the remotest chance. He wouldnt stand a chance against one universe yet alone both. Any high level cosmic alone could take him out. Phoenix alone would annihilate him. When you actually take all factors into consideration, anyone with common sense would see that Xavier loses in all circumstances against these odds. cool

King KAM
Xavier would lose horribly. Its the Power Gem of the Infinity Gauntlet that provides the universal scale power and boosts the other gems. When not used in unison with the Power gem the Mind Gem would just be a conduit for a vast amount of psionic power but Xavier would be far from unbeatable.

Xavier would lose to the fundamental forces of one universe let alone two. The lastest handbook states that apparrently both the Infinity Gems and the Power Primordial derive their power from the Big Bang and we all know what the Big Bang is wink

Xavier loses 10/10 well technically its reed richards according to the fantastic four

BlaqChaos

Xavier doesnt stand the remotest chance. He wouldnt stand a chance against one universe yet alone both. Any high level cosmic alone could take him out. Phoenix alone would annihilate him. When you actually take all factors into consideration, anyone with common sense would see that Xavier loses in all circumstances against these odds. cool Actually, does Phoenix REALLY count as a telepath? Jean Grey, sure. But when she's channelling the Phoenix Force, she's using the Phoenix's abilities to rearrange matter. The PF itself doesn't count as a telepath anymore than Enternity or LT.

Tshern
They still have telepathic powers. Do you count Martian Manhunter as a telepath or do you ignore him just because he has a shitload of other powers too?

King KAM
Keep trollin trollin trollin...what!

BlaqChaos
I'm sure that TOAA and the Presense are telepathic too, but it'd be senseless to include them in this battle. So, for those of you who haven't figured it out yet, NO COSMIC ENTITIES IN THIS BATTLE.

People with insane amounts of power? Fine. Entities with insane amount of power? No.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.