Alien Quadrilogy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Scarecrow756
Has anyone got the Alien set, is it worth buying because I am thinking of getting it soon.

Deano
if u like the films then yes

Scarecrow756
I have not seen any of them, but I have got a feeling that I will like them.

Impediment
Well, you listed Alien vs. Predator in your "favorite movies" spot of your profile, and if you like that piece of shit (no offense but I HATED it), then you'll LOVE the actual Alien films. Hard to believe you never warched them.

Deano
if you are a typical modern teenager. you might not like alien, but will probably love 'aliens' which is more action packed

MildPossession
It's worth getting, and you can probably find it cheap now, in the sales as well.

Try and get the one with the lovely yellow neon disc holders, a lot of them are clear. Neon yellows are gorgeous.

Scarecrow756
I am a sci- fi fan.

Scarecrow756
Originally posted by Impediment
Well, you listed Alien vs. Predator in your "favorite movies" spot of your profile, and if you like that piece of shit (no offense but I HATED it), then you'll LOVE the actual Alien films. Hard to believe you never warched them.

I thought it was ok.

Nevermind
I've seen all four and I really don't think it's worth. Unless you come across it real cheap.

Scarecrow756

C-Dic
It's the most comprehensive "Alien" collection around. With the multiple cuts of the movies (8 movies total), the extensive extras, and everything else they crammed in there, how couldn't it be worth it?

Scarecrow756

papabeard

Scarecrow756

redcaped
A perfect cube!

tabby999
in Aus its still cheaper to buy the special editions individually, a shame cos the box set looks alot nicer

hellsangels
a definate yes u should buy, i got mine in the sales in virgin for like 20 quid i think it was.... a must for your dvd collection

coolmovies
The directors cut of alien sucks sorry dont like it

tabby999
thats why they give you two cuts of each movie...

coolmovies
The box set looks very good but it can get riped quickly . I love the directors cut of alien 3 Its 16.99 at play.com eek!

Scarecrow756
Originally posted by coolmovies
The box set looks very good but it can get riped quickly . I love the directors cut of alien 3 Its 16.99 at play.com eek!

The director`s cut of Alien 3 is really good, but it is better getting the Alien Quadrilogy rather then the 4 films separately.

coolmovies
yes i do have the box set

Scarecrow756
yes i do have the box set

Same here, whats your favourite Alien film? My favourite is Aliens.

coolmovies
Mine is aliens too alien 3 is a sad film i can understand why some people dont like number 3

Scarecrow756
Mine is aliens too alien 3 is a sad film i can understand why some people dont like number 3

I can`t understand it either, Alien 3 is a bloody masterpiece. IMO all the Alien films are good in their own ways. Even Alien Resurrection had its moments.

coolmovies
No alien 3 is not a masterpiece becouse the girl and reaply die. Alien Resurrection sucks only the first two are a masterpiece.

So what do you think of the movies scarecrow ? Have you tryed the extres in the box set ?

Scarecrow756
Here is my opiouns on all of the Alien films.

Alien: It started off the series and set the tone for what was going to come, personally it is my second favorite. I liked how the Alien was portrayed horrifically and how one could kill seven, this made it more terrifying.

Aliens: The best in the series IMO, it had more action and James Cameron really made Ripley evolve in this film. My favorite out of all the four films.

Alien 3: In my opinion this was the darkest film in the series. My third favourite. Again like Alien it showed how one Alien could kill loads of people which made it or the more terrifying like Alien.

Alien Resurrection: This for me was okay, IMO there were some good bits and bad bits, I personally think that the series should have ended with Alien 3. My fourth favourite.

coolmovies
cool well there was alot of problems with alien 3 becouse the script was not ready . At the end David Fincher had to make it with alot of retakes.

Have you checked the extres out ? why make Alien Resurrection

mad

Scarecrow756
cool well there was alot of problems with alien 3 becouse the script was not ready . At the end David Fincher had to make it with alot of retakes.

Have you checked the extres out ? why make Alien Resurrection

mad

I have checked most of the extras out, I am aware that Alien 3 did have its problems due to the script and change of director half way through. I agree Alien Resurrection should not have been made, but it have its good moments but overall it was a very bad film.

coolmovies
I just saw Alien last night again still terrifying !!! I didnt watch all the extres becouse there are too many . Thats why this box set is a must have .

Its the best box set everyone wants to make box sets like this thats why there is a 10 !! disk matrix box set

Scarecrow756
I watched Alien the other day, out of all the Alien films I rewatch this film the most out of all the four.

coolmovies
there was no interview of parker in the extres do u know why ?
You must be a fan of the films now

Scarecrow756
there was no interview of parker in the extres do u know why ?
You must be a fan of the films now

I have no idea why there was no interview of Parker in the extras and yes I am a fan of the films now.

coolmovies
I think he is dead thats why he looked old too me

Scarecrow756
Hay Coolmovies, did you get my PM?

coolmovies
ya i got it let me read it lolz

Scarecrow756
So what did you think of the script?

coolmovies
Sounds like aliens lolz

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.