I got gas

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

meep-meep
I'm serious. It just cost me like 30 bucks to fill up my little 4 cyl. Why can't we just have an orgainzed and meaningful effort among our major american car companies to gradually switch to affordable hydrogen based cars or electric cars? I guess I'm just venting and not really intending to start a topic on this but feel free to comment.

PVS
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f11/t376585.html

idowhatiamtold
It is gonna get so so so much worse though.

Soleran
Originally posted by meep-meep
I'm serious. It just cost me like 30 bucks to fill up my little 4 cyl. Why can't we just have an orgainzed and meaningful effort among our major american car companies to gradually switch to affordable hydrogen based cars or electric cars? I guess I'm just venting and not really intending to start a topic on this but feel free to comment.

Yeah Hydrogen that would be awesome where do you suggest they store the tanks of that highly volatile gas..................in a hydrogen station a mile from where you live...........................lol

PVS
as george carlin would say: N.I.M.B.Y.!!!! (not in MY back yard)

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Soleran
Yeah Hydrogen that would be awesome where do you suggest they store the tanks of that highly volatile gas..................in a hydrogen station a mile from where you live...........................lol

They are developing a technology that can store Hydrogen inside of a Titanium battery that fuses the Hydrogen with the Titanium in such a way that makes it inert until it is drawn out again.

Soleran
^^ Now that sounds like an affordable gas alternative@! ^^

Inspectah Deck
Ride your bike.

botankus
Okay, got the bike out this morning for my 52-mile commute, which features 31 of the miles on an Interstate. It was great! I only got mowed over by 2 semi's, hit a cow, and my ass fell off from the seat friction.
I can't wait for the ride home.

PVS
yeah, i love when people who sling fries at the mcdonalds around their block tell everyone to ride their bike to work. well im sorry, but chances are when you get a real job you wont have the sweet disposition of being close enough to do that.

"ZOMG I MAKE SIX FIGURES AND RIDE MY BIKE TO WORK!!!"

yea, congrats. now lets talk statistics and then acknowledge just how lucky you are.

Council#13
Meep-meep. I like that name. Very cute thumb up

botankus
Originally posted by PVS
"ZOMG I MAKE SIX FIGURES AND RIDE MY BIKE TO WORK!!!"

yea, congrats. now lets talk statistics and then acknowledge just how lucky you are.
I like how PVS goes ahead and takes care of the need for future arguments that would only waste our time. Way to be proactive!

PVS
i know thats not sarcasm either, because you saw it coming too didnt you? laughing out loud

botankus
Yes, and for every argument in this forum, for that matter, someone is going to come up with responses like that.

PVS
yes, the old "i'm in a rare and unique disposition which i fail to acknowledge as such and thus know that its easy for everyone to achieve the same" argument. dime a dozen here.

hmmm...i wonder why the gas threads were not merged blink

meep-meep
Originally posted by Inspectah Deck
Ride your bike.

Yeah I have been. But sometimes it rains and gets into the 30's. Know that spring is here I don't have to sorry about the low temperatures anymore, though.

meep-meep
Originally posted by botankus
Okay, got the bike out this morning for my 52-mile commute, which features 31 of the miles on an Interstate. It was great! I only got mowed over by 2 semi's, hit a cow, and my ass fell off from the seat friction.

laughing I'm glad I don't have that long of a commute to and from work.

Pandemoniac
Originally posted by meep-meep

You are lucky! Here in The Netherlands it costs me about 50 dollars to fill up my tank.

But besides that, the oil-companies choose to keep gaining (outrageous) profit from a known and lucrative fuel, instead of investing in alternatives. Which will cost them more than they wish during development and won't repay the afford in the lifetime of the managers.
Like they care about the need for environmentally friendly and cheap fuel if it won't make them money today.

Inspectah Deck
Originally posted by botankus

yes

meep-meep
Originally posted by Inspectah Deck
yes

First you tell me to ride my bike. Then you agree with bo's good point that riding a bike to and from work is next to impossible for some. So please enlighten me and tell me you are just here yanking everyones chain...

Ushgarak
Closing duplicate (link to original already provided)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.