Underwater Fistfight: Superman vs Namor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jabba the Hutt
All of Superman's powers are nullified, except for his strength. Neither of the two may leave the battlefield. Oh, and Superman has gills.

Acrosurge
Originally posted by Jabba the Hutt
All of Superman's powers are nullified, except for his strength. Neither of the two may leave the battlefield. Oh, and Superman has gills. Namor 10/10. This is certainly unfair for Supes since you've taken away his flight and invulnerability.

snoopdogg
Oh, and Superman has gills. laughing

Laminator_X
All of Superman's powers are nullified, except for his strength. Neither of the two may leave the battlefield. Oh, and Superman has gills.

Clark is crushed by the pressures of the deapths. You should have left him his invulnerability.

Darksaint
^^ Without his aura, he still has superhuman dense skin and healing properties.

aliveinboston

1) Why nullify his powers? Namor doesnt need the handicap.
2) Superman doesnt need to breathe air to live.

Either way, Namor has too many weapons at his disposal underwater, not the least of which is unbelievable strength.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by aliveinboston

Are you joking? smile This is Namors only chance at a victory. Supes takes him easily if he has his full power-set.

Validus

Yeah he does. Superman's speed, strength and heat vision would decimate him. Namor's main advantage underwater is he usually has superior maneuverability which wouldn't be the case here.

Jabba the Hutt
I give him back his invulnerability to the point where he can comfortably fight in the deep pressures.

I give him back his heat vision to the point where he can boil water with it.

superman41082
Originally posted by Laminator_X
Clark is crushed by the pressures of the deapths. You should have left him his invulnerability.

How does he lose invulnerability in this case?????? He's underwater, not near a red sun.......... I'm confused. Is there something I'm missing?????

Lucid Lui
Read the first post. "All of Superman's powers are nullified, except for his strength."

Meaning he has no invulnerability.

aliveinboston
Originally posted by Validus
Yeah he does. Superman's speed, strength and heat vision would decimate him. Namor's main advantage underwater is he usually has superior maneuverability which wouldn't be the case here.

You ought to take a look at the list of Namor's feats ... it's pretty incredible, including the rarely used ability to generate electricity.

http://www.comixtreme.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-21838.html

superman41082
Originally posted by Lucid Lui
Read the first post. "All of Superman's powers are nullified, except for his strength."

Meaning he has no invulnerability.

Oh, yeah, ok. Uhmmmmm, Supes still has a shot though. Namor probably would take more victories, but Supes is still way stronger than him. My question would be this. Some of Superman's speed comes from physical strength, so how fast is he? Anyways, Namor..........

JohnR
Superman's still a lot stronger and could probably swim pretty fast.

Superman 8/10

aliveinboston
Originally posted by superman41082
Supes is still way stronger than him.

Not unless he is also way stronger than the Hulk. Superman vs Namor will not be all that different from Hulk vs Namor as long as the fight is underwater.

DarkCrawler
You ought to take a look at the list of Namor's feats ... it's pretty incredible, including the rarely used ability to generate electricity.

http://www.comixtreme.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-21838.html

That's the thread made by the guy who stole my scans without even asking for it...

Here's the better, and updated thread...
http://superherochat.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=100333

grey fox
Namor , but if superman can get ONE punch in Namor loses.

MattDay
yea he's strong i'll will not say he isn't because then i'd be blind... his feats are awesome although one that said he benchpresses his own weight times thousand because doctor doom causes his mass to increase, he doesn't bench press himself up, he hits the floor and then just lays there... im sure superman wouldnt even fall down even if his weight got increased by a thousand... he'd just feel more human than usual lol, supes wins the majority

grey fox
Originally posted by MattDay
yea he's strong i'll will not say he isn't because then i'd be blind... his feats are awesome although one that said he benchpresses his own weight times thousand because doctor doom causes his mass to increase, he doesn't bench press himself up, he hits the floor and then just lays there... im sure superman wouldnt even fall down even if his weight got increased by a thousand... he'd just feel more human than usual lol, supes wins the majority

The space-bar is your friend.

Jabba the Hutt
BUMP

ZephroCarnelian
Namor wins this fight. Easily.

The key to Superman being so powerful is his huge mix of different powers and the way he can use them in combination with eachother.

Superman in this fight is going to be outmaneuvered, because he has no super-speed. Thus he won't land many hits on Namor.

Also - because you've removed 99% of his invulnerability, he's left much more vulnerable to Namor's hits.

Give him back his powers and he'd whupp ass 10/10 though! wink

Cosmic Cube
Poor Namor... sad

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.