Wolverine runs the gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Kal-El
Wolverine has one hour to rest between each battle. Who stops him?

1) Toad
2) Mystique in crowded area
3) Punisher w/2 machine guns and 2 grenades
4) Agent X w/6 handguns and 2 grenades
5) Deathstroke w/energy sword & a hand machine gun
6) Bannerless Hulk (the one that fought Silver Surfer)

Jesse7
If Wolverine is at the peak strength levels he has been at before; I.E. Fighting Galidator for six days straight, defeating Namor, cutting Thanos, being hit by a nuclear missle at point blank and walking away from it alive, Taking hits from the Hulk, Thing, Collosus, etc. Then I think Wolverine could clear this Gauntlet.

Darth Kal-El
No CIS/PIS soo not that Wolverine you're talking about

Jesse7
Well I think Wolverine on a regular basis takes down heavy heaters and goes head to head with big opponents.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=361370&perpage=40&highlight=&pagenumber=2

Grimm22
There is absolutly no way that Wolverine can beat Deathstroke.

I dont care, he cant. Seriously, I DARE you to make sense of that.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Grimm22

I dont care, he cant. Seriously, I DARE you to make sense of that.

With out prep time Wolverine walks all over Slade ten times out of ten.

Grimm22
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
With out prep time Wolverine walks all over Slade ten times out of ten.

Are you freakin kidding me?!? laughing laughing

srankmissingnin
Not at all. I have gone over it many times not once has anyone said anything to even make me consider that DS would have a shot. They best people can do is bring bull shit feats that make no sense like Slade tagging Flash and the whole Idenity Crisis 3 thing... which are massively out numberedby feats like him getting beat to death by Vandle Savage, knocked out by a Dinosaurs tail, dropped by Deadshot (twice), stalemated (at the very least) by Bronze Tiger, Beaten twice by Nightwing, Beaten by Batman, Beaten by Eddie Friers and Stalemated by Azrael. Maybe if his healing factor was anywhere close to being in the same league as Wolverine's he'd have a shot but with out prep it's a hopeless battle.

spetznaz
Originally posted by Jesse7
If Wolverine is at the peak strength levels he has been at before; I.E. Fighting Galidator for six days straight, defeating Namor, cutting Thanos, being hit by a nuclear missle at point blank and walking away from it alive, Taking hits from the Hulk, Thing, Collosus, etc. Then I think Wolverine could clear this Gauntlet.

Amazing what a simple mutant with claws and a healing factor has been made out to be! embarrasment

Actually it is quite sad .....all the feats listed above show why Wolverine has more CIS/PIS than Doom/Batman/Slade/Etc COMBINED.

Let's dissect this:

-Fighting Gladiator for 6 days. Now, Ive to admit this is the first I'm hearing of this, but if it is true then that is absolute hogwash. Gladiator's strength levels ebb and flow (from planet mover to mere brick), but Wolverine should be a flea to him.

- 'Defeating' Namor .....should be ridiculous to all but the most rabid Wolvie fanboys.

- Cutting Thanos .....no need to comment on this. Suffice it to say that it is ludicrous.

- Being nuked point blank. Wolverine has a healing factor ....he is NOT invulnerable. A nuke, at such a range, should have vaporised everything BUT his Adamantium skeleton. Thus how could he have walked away from that? I can see how a character like Lobo can come back, since he is able to regenerate from an atom, but Wolverine. Reminds me of the whole 'Wolverine survived inside the sun' bunch of spiel a certain Wolverine 'fan' used to spout forth some months back!

- Taking hits from the Hulk/Colossus/et al. More ridiculous PIS/CIS. Why? Well, in car accidents one of the more common injuries is a concussion. This is particularly when the jarring force of the impact makes the brain impact onto the sides of the inside of the skull. A punch from any of those super-bricks may not break his skeleton, but it would do significant damage to his internal organs by bruising them. The sheer impact should provide sufficient g-forces to partially liquefy some of them, and while Wolverine may not necessarily die he should be immediately be taken out of the fight.

However I guess if he can walk out of a nuke strike point blank ( embarrasment ) then matters like the above do not matter for Wolverine.

It is actually disgusting!

Grimm22
Originally posted by spetznaz
Amazing what a simple mutant with claws and a healing factor has been made out to be! embarrasment

Actually it is quite sad .....all the feats listed above show why Wolverine has more CIS/PIS than Doom/Batman/Slade/Etc COMBINED.

Let's dissect this:

-Fighting Gladiator for 6 days. Now, Ive to admit this is the first I'm hearing of this, but if it is true then that is absolute hogwash. Gladiator's strength levels ebb and flow (from planet mover to mere brick), but Wolverine should be a flea to him.

- 'Defeating' Namor .....should be ridiculous to all but the most rabid Wolvie fanboys.

- Cutting Thanos .....no need to comment on this. Suffice it to say that it is ludicrous.

- Being nuked point blank. Wolverine has a healing factor ....he is NOT invulnerable. A nuke, at such a range, should have vaporised everything BUT his Adamantium skeleton. Thus how could he have walked away from that? I can see how a character like Lobo can come back, since he is able to regenerate from an atom, but Wolverine. Reminds me of the whole 'Wolverine survived inside the sun' bunch of spiel a certain Wolverine 'fan' used to spout forth some months back!

- Taking hits from the Hulk/Colossus/et al. More ridiculous PIS/CIS. Why? Well, in car accidents one of the more common injuries is a concussion. This is particularly when the jarring force of the impact makes the brain impact onto the sides of the inside of the skull. A punch from any of those super-bricks may not break his skeleton, but it would do significant damage to his internal organs by bruising them. The sheer impact should provide sufficient g-forces to partially liquefy some of them, and while Wolverine may not necessarily die he should be immediately be taken out of the fight.

However I guess if he can walk out of a nuke strike point blank ( embarrasment ) then matters like the above do not matter for Wolverine.

N'uff Said yes

spideycarnage
what would agent X do with 6 handguns?

Grimm22
Originally posted by spideycarnage
what would agent X do with 6 handguns?

Polish them big grin

srankmissingnin

Let's dissect this:

This is akin to me saying: The Hulk can't lift 100 tons. Gamma radiation doesn't turn you into the Hulk it kills you as such the simple fact that Banner is the Hulk is pure PIS. He should be dead, so all of the Hulks feats don't count.

It's a comic, don't try to rationalize it with real world physics. Wolverine's healing factor heals from the damage he takes so fast it's almost instantaneous, the narratives in his fights with bricks have even stated on more then one occasion that his organs are liquefied by the force of the blows he receives from high end bricks. It's just the way it is.

TheKahn

Let's dissect this:

Agreed. There is no logical way Wolverine should last 5 seconds against this Superman knock-off without massive PIS or CIS.

While I would not dismiss a possible Wolverine victory out of hand, I do not think we have seen a fight where both fight up to their top potential. And considering some of Namor's top-end feats, Wolverine would face quite a challenge.

Yes, yes it is.

Wolverine never survived a direct hit from a nuclear bomb (at least in my opinion). What he survived a hit from seemed to be little more than a rather mild explosive device, but, whatever it was called or claimed to be, it demonstrated none of the destructive capacity that even a small nuclear device is capable of. To put it another way, Wolverine surviving an explosion that isn't even strong enough to damage his pants is not a terribly impressive feat.

http://img424.imageshack.us/img424/5201/wolverinenuke14tu.th.jpg

looks impressive
http://img424.imageshack.us/img424/4636/wolverinenuke28jq.th.jpg

but you see pants, boots, and belt all intact. His skin is undamaged as is his hair and there is intact debris only feet away.
http://img79.imageshack.us/img79/9025/wolverinenuke37cw.th.jpg

Once again I agree. When I played football in high school, I had a teammate who suffered a concussion just from getting a relatively light hit to the head and was knocked out for some time. A blow from any high-end super strong character would cause massive brain damage. Why this fact is ignored by writers is lost on me.

Soleran
Deathstroke stops him

Kool-Aid
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
It's a comic, don't try to rationalize it with real world physics.

Well if you look at it like that then Slade's team stomping and Flash taging skills count.wink

Kool-Aid
Originally posted by TheKahn
Once again I agree. When I played football in high school, I had a teammate who suffered a concussion just from getting a relatively light hit to the head and was knocked out for some time. A blow from any high-end super strong character would cause massive brain damage. Why this fact is ignored by writers is lost on me.

Its because of his adimantium skeleton.

TheKahn
Originally posted by Kool-Aid
Its because of his adimantium skeleton.

That wouldn't make a difference. The brain floats within the skull surrounded by fluid, one of the functions of which is to cushion the brain from light bounces of everyday movement. However, the fluid may not be able to absorb the force of a sudden hard blow or a quick stop. I.e. your head stops but your brain continues moving forward until it is stopped by crashing into your skull thus causing significant brain trauma. Having a metal bonded to your skull would not be particularly helpful.

Lucid Lui
Fighting Galidator for six days straight, You mean when Gladiator ripped one of Logan's claws off? This happened in an alternate reality story and is not canon. And is just as ridiculous as Wolverine stabbing Silver Surfer through the chest.

If you want to see just what would happen if Logan tried to fight Gladiator, have a look at New X-Men #124.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Kool-Aid
Well if you look at it like that then Slade's team stomping and Flash taging skills count.wink

The might count if they were anywhere near with in peramiters of his abilities to pull off but 9 times out of 10 Slade is at best slightly above peak human in speed. He has been worked over by Nightwing so hard and fast he couldn't even react. The odd example of Slade hitting the Flash (a character that reacts at speeds far exciting c) is in the same boat as Wolverine surving a nuke head on (all though expontially worse).

MuffinmanMike
Well I think Wolverine on a regular basis takes down heavy heaters and goes head to head with big opponents.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=361370&perpage=40&highlight=&pagenumber=2

This is why I like NA Wolverine. He's basically the ragdoll.

Need someone to show how much of a badass the villain is? Let them wale on Wolverine for a bit.

riceroost
Originally posted by Grimm22

I dont care, he cant. Seriously, I DARE you to make sense of that. Uncanny X-Men/Titans cross-over.

Wolverine backhands Slade like it's nothing after avoiding Slade's attack. Slade is knocked to the ground and is defenseless. Slade says that if Wolverine had bothered to check on him Wolverine would have killed him.

You're welcome.

Soleran
Originally posted by riceroost
Uncanny X-Men/Titans cross-over.

Wolverine backhands Slade like it's nothing after avoiding Slade's attack. Slade is knocked to the ground and is defenseless. Slade says that if Wolverine had bothered to check on him Wolverine would have killed him.

You're welcome.

But not for much, seeing as Slade owned the entire team right after that. Thank you very much.

riceroost
Originally posted by Soleran
But not for much, seeing as Slade owned the entire team right after that. Thank you very much. Wolverine still punked him. And later on the two went toe to toe, seemingly evenly matched. And this was after Wolverine takes a laser blast from Deathstroke's staff. Wolverine is up and fighting in the next panel. Can't say the same for Deathstroke after Wolverine cracked him.

Soleran
Wolverine still punked him. And later on the two went toe to toe, seemingly evenly matched. And this was after Wolverine takes a laser blast from Deathstroke's staff. Wolverine is up and fighting in the next panel. Can't say the same for Deathstroke after Wolverine cracked him.

No of course you couldn't through Wolverine vision...............lol DS after he was hit had dodged most of the blow and didn't get knocked out he sat there and analyzed the situation then got back up and owned them all.

Haha DS owns Wolverine....................

riceroost
No of course you couldn't through Wolverine vision...............lol DS after he was hit had dodged most of the blow and didn't get knocked out he sat there and analyzed the situation then got back up and owned them all.

Haha DS owns Wolverine.................... Obviously through your wolverine sucks boo hoo tantrum you didn't read the part where DSeathstroke says "He could have finished me."

Soleran
Obviously through your wolverine sucks boo hoo tantrum you didn't read the part where DSeathstroke says "He could have finished me."

So what and do you know why I can say so what? Because Wolverine doesn't finish him and Deathstroke gets the last laugh. Not to mention DS took out Logans entire time with hardly breaking a sweat after he observed them.

Yeah the entire team barely breaking a sweat. Deathstroke takes Wolverine down yet again.

capt it up
So what and do you know why I can say so what? Because Wolverine doesn't finish him and Deathstroke gets the last laugh. Not to mention DS took out Logans entire time with hardly breaking a sweat after he observed them.

Yeah the entire team barely breaking a sweat. Deathstroke takes Wolverine down yet again.
slade lost one encounter and never won an encounter so please tell me how u came up with this?

riceroost

Yeah the entire team barely breaking a sweat. Deathstroke takes Wolverine down yet again. BS. Wolverine knocked Slade down. Slade was in trouble. He admitted it.

riceroost
Slade uses swords and bullets which are practically useless against Wolverine. Slade has a healing factor, but compared to Wolverine's it is useless. Wolverine also has a massive amount of experience (which includes strategy) over Slade.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.