Comic Sig-Off

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DigiMark007
So lots of people have started making sigs recently with various programs (I take credit for a getting a few on GIMP). And there are a few veteran signature makers like HS6, DC, and myself that have been making comic sigs for a bit longer (though only by a few months in my case)

My idea: Have a comic sig-off over in the Signature Duel Forum.

The format would be roughly as follows. We'd find maybe 3 judges, all respected sig makers. They choose 3 renders, each of a different comic character (or perhaps just 3 comic characters and we could find our own images), and contestants submit 3 signatures based on these. And then anyone can enter, provided they're a regular poster in the comics section.

It would have to be probably a 2-week-long competition (give or take), and would take about a week or so to set up. So it won't be happening, say, tomorrow...but sometime in the next couple weeks.

This thread is just to gauge possible interest and see who might get involved. If it seems like it should happen, I'll make the necessary preparations.

-DM cool

TheKahn
I like the idea, but I'm not sure if I'm too confident in my sig making ability just yet. Maybe if there were divisions or something like that.

DraconaInVolata
sounds fun.

DigiMark007
Blah, Lana just made the thread for the 6th annual KMC sig contest. This will obviously take up the time of many sig makers (myself included). This might have to get put on hold until that ends (somewhere around the 15th of May).

But I'll consider "divisions" or something...we'll see how interest pans out.

Blair Wind
if I knew how to even begin to make a sig....I might try this. Too bad I dont have the time to learn....like ever. Hope this pans out for you guys

S.S
So who's judging?

DigiMark007
Originally posted by S.S
So who's judging?

We don't know yet. It's still in the "gathering interest" phase. And with the competition I mentioned going on right now (judged by Lana, LanceWindu, and BakaXero) it'll be a week or two before we know for sure. I didn't realize they were starting that, so it was just bad timing for this thread.

But I'd imagine you're game once it gets going?

S.S
yes

grey fox
I'd love to do this , but i suck at sig-making......

AJ4LIFE
u dont fox u kick ass take part my man take part

Thunderstrike
I'm glad this is happening. I'm not even gonna touch the one on the sig forums, considering I already know who is gonna win it.

Spideys Sister
I can't make a decent looking sig too well but I'll be there.

grey fox
Ok , after some egging on from Aj , and a bit of thought I'll take part . But don't expect something UBER GOOD , after all i only use photostudio 5.5

S.S
Originally posted by Thunderstrike
I'm glad this is happening. I'm not even gonna touch the one on the sig forums, considering I already know who is gonna win it.
The one in the sig forum is actually up in the air with alot of good sig makers around.

DarkCrawler
Hmm. Should I enter? Or should I judge? big grin

AJ4LIFE
enter dc
dam staright fox i got faith in u

Thunderstrike
Originally posted by S.S
The one in the sig forum is actually up in the air with alot of good sig makers around.

I dunno. There's about three people I could name off the top of my head that'll be the final three. Not a big deal though.

AJ4LIFE
yeh we got loads its awesome, u gonna enter thunder u should if u havent

Thunderstrike
Yeah, I'm entering. I figured it would be some fun. I'm gonna get trumped by DC, Digi, and H.S.6. though.

DraconaInVolata
I've already lost horribly to digi before....

AJ4LIFE
lol has it started yet
wat is it like a tornement

Thunderstrike
I submitted my sig for the contest in the Sig forum. For those who wanna see, here's the link.
http://img342.imageshack.us/img342/8300/tssiggy4lz.jpg

DigiMark007
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
Hmm. Should I enter? Or should I judge? big grin

Enter. The judges will be non-comic posters, and just regular sig makers.

DarkCrawler
Okay, I'll enter then. smile

grey fox
I submitted my sig for the contest in the Sig forum. For those who wanna see, here's the link.
http://img342.imageshack.us/img342/8300/tssiggy4lz.jpg

Nice , you used Jehuty , correct ?

I'm joining , even though i know i'm gonna get my ass seriously kicked by all of you . Hell the only major graphic/photo tool I use is Photostudio 5.5 you guy's all use photoshop or something better....

H. S. 6
cool

AJ4LIFE
great dc

S.S
Originally posted by H. S. 6
cool no

Thunderstrike
Originally posted by grey fox
Nice , you used Jehuty , correct ?

I'm joining , even though i know i'm gonna get my ass seriously kicked by all of you . Hell the only major graphic/photo tool I use is Photostudio 5.5 you guy's all use photoshop or something better....

Download GIMP. It's a lot better.

Also, that was Jehuty from ZOE2, so I guess it's Jehuty version 2.0

DigiMark007
Originally posted by S.S
no

Indeed. He'd have to be the odds-on favorite if we're not including anyone outside of the comics section. But upsets are always possible. For example, you beat me just the other day.... stick out tongue

S.S
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Indeed. He'd have to be the odds-on favorite if we're not including anyone outside of the comics section. But upsets are always possible. For example, you beat me just the other day.... stick out tongue
That was an upset waiting to happen........... cool

King KAM
Originally posted by S.S
That was an upset waiting to happen........... cool hahahahaha, i knew you were going to win.... but anywho.....

i think my sig is already a 10

AJ4LIFE
lol where is it adsactly anyway i never go on there but aload of u r doing it so i may aswell have a look
im trying to download it, hay is it free.... gimp i mean
im struggling wat to do to download it any help anyone

grey fox
Download GIMP. It's a lot better.

Also, that was Jehuty from ZOE2, so I guess it's Jehuty version 2.0

Ok now you guy's are gonna laugh but can you explain some of the sig forums logo.

Render -wtf

and how in the hell do you get those complicated backgrounds (like Aj's..or Kam's...or.....basically everyone)

AJ4LIFE
im still trugglin o download it i havent worked it out lol can u like send it over msn if u have i dont know afile can u copy or somthing cause im such a dope when downloading

S.S
A render is a picture with no background it's basically a box cut-out of an image.
aj's backfround is just a copy paste job nothing special to it.
To get a nice background you use brushes,Smudge an image and also use the gradient maps.....

AJ4LIFE
yeh but can anyone give me a link where i can just drectly download it plz

S.S
Google it and you'll find it

King KAM
Originally posted by S.S
Google it and you'll find it dude shuttup, i make YOUR sigs for you...

S.S
Bump!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!scooter

AJ4LIFE
lol thats cool

S.S
Bump!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!scooter
no expression

Validus
I take it Gimp is easier to learn than Photoshop?

S.S
I wouldn't know but it's more then likely.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Validus
I take it Gimp is easier to learn than Photoshop?

Not really. Most think it's the other way around. And PS is probably slightly more powerful (newer versions at least) but they're both very good. But GIMP's free, and PS isn't....that's its main draw.

S.S
Not really. Most think it's the other way around. And PS is probably slightly more powerful (newer versions at least) but they're both very good. But GIMP's free, and PS isn't....that's its main draw.
GIMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!woot Digi where's your Lana sig?

grey fox
....And where can i find these....renders.

AJ4LIFE
and where can i download them dam it its very hard

S.S
....And where can i find these....renders.
in here's there's some links........
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f76/t388403.html

grey fox
Ok , but these renders seem to be just like any other image (Minus the background) how do i use them to their full potential (Eg , getting clear characters to place upon my signatures such as Aj's)

S.S
Ok , but these renders seem to be just like any other image (Minus the background) how do i use them to their full potential (Eg , getting clear characters to place upon my signatures such as Aj's)
Renders don't have a background.......... stick out tongue it's just a box-cut out.

grey fox
HOLY B*TCHCAKES MCDOOGLE.

Your telling that if i save one of those babies , i'll just have the cut out of the character , kinda like cropping ?

TK1
I'll take part defo!

S.S

Your telling that if i save one of those babies , i'll just have the cut out of the character , kinda like cropping ?
Exactly........... big grin That's what a render is.

grey fox
Hot damn , i'm going ot have to find me a few of those babies. Bad-ass spectre sig here i come.

S.S
Hot damn , i'm going ot have to find me a few of those babies. Bad-ass spectre sig here i come.
Spectre good luck I have yet to find any for myself.......... sad

grey fox
DAMMIT !

Then i'll have to try a crop with the magic lasso....

AJ4LIFE
Bump!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

H. S. 6

You wouldn't need to cut anything out in a render. It's all transparent already (besides the character, of course.)

Dark Shazam93
I am SO getting Gimp... all I've used is Paint quickly to piss around with and make a Dr Who ig... LOL. Not this one...

AJ4LIFE
i want it can anywone give me some stpes plz a complete guide i cant do it

DarkCrawler
http://www.gimp.org/downloads/

DigiMark007
Really guys, just browse the top few threads in the sig forum...you'll find everything you need and more.

...I think I started a Gimp war machine. roll eyes (sarcastic) Even still, it'll be nice to have the forum looking nicer with new sigs all the time.

Dayscribe
I use GIMP. Good program.

grey fox
Really guys, just browse the top few threads in the sig forum...you'll find everything you need and more.

...I think I started a Gimp war machine. roll eyes (sarcastic) Even still, it'll be nice to have the forum looking nicer with new sigs all the time.

I'd enter my new one . But it's gonna get thrashed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.