Batman vs Anyone

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

superman41082
Who gets more threads started about him than Batman? He's basically in more threads than I can keep up with. Who gets threaded more, if anyone, and why are people so much more interested in who can beat Batman, a regular guy, than others????

Maybe it's just today, but it seems like everyone is curious about Batman.......

badabing
Wolverine, Hulk, Spiderman, Superman, Captain America and Juggernaut have a lot also. They are mostly in versus threads.

Kool-Aid
People just like to hate on Batman, which solidifies his spot as #1.

Wolverine gets alot.

superman41082
Originally posted by Kool-Aid

Wolverine gets alot.

I don't understand why anyone has to hate on Batman....... He rules........

Milkie
Wing Zero Wins

batman2505
"NOBODY"
shitshitshshititshit

Scarlet315
spiderman of course

AJ4LIFE
Originally posted by superman41082
Who gets more threads started about him than Batman? He's basically in more threads than I can keep up with. Who gets threaded more, if anyone, and why are people so much more interested in who can beat Batman, a regular guy, than others????

Maybe it's just today, but it seems like everyone is curious about Batman....... its because bats is the best and one of most popular, and that doent include fanboys like supermans

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by Kool-Aid

Originally posted by AJ4LIFE
its because bats is the best and one of most popular,

I've address this before in the comic book forum. Notice that whoever starts a batman thread always pick some superpower hero opponent from Marvel Comics. Rarely you see Punisher vs threads. Batman is easy pickings. He is just human..doesn't need any superpower BS...and always looks cooler than the rest. wink

grey fox
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
I've address this before in the comic book forum. Notice that whoever starts a batman thread always pick some superpower hero opponent from Marvel Comics. Rarely you see Punisher vs threads. Batman is easy pickings. He is just human..doesn't need any superpower BS...and always looks cooler than the rest. wink

It's because you expect someone with all the archetypal powers to take down the super powered villain , but a guy ..who could be just like you (save some training) taking down a giant ass monster who can shoot lasers !

Well that just gives people a sense of shock , and they realize 'whoa he's bad-ass'.

spideycarnage
superman, thor, wolverine(especially), juggernaut

AJ4LIFE
bats kicks ass he can beat superpowered people lol

superman41082
Originally posted by AJ4LIFE
its because bats is the best and one of most popular, and that doent include fanboys like supermans

What are you saying about Supes fans?????

superman41082
Originally posted by grey fox
It's because you expect someone with all the archetypal powers to take down the super powered villain , but a guy ..who could be just like you (save some training) taking down a giant ass monster who can shoot lasers !

Well that just gives people a sense of shock , and they realize 'whoa he's bad-ass'.

Maybe not hand to hand, but Bats can beat most people with his mind.......

And saying just "some" training is unfair. Bats has had probably as much training as anyone.........

grey fox
Maybe not hand to hand, but Bats can beat most people with his mind.......

And saying just "some" training is unfair. Bats has had probably as much training as anyone.........

Your not understanding what I'm saying . People like batman because he's a Normal Human , he's not a alien or has been exposed to the speed-force yadda yadda yadda . He's just an ordinary guy who's gone through rigorous mental and physical training.

This closeness to the normal population is what connects him to his fan's.

spideycarnage
What are you saying about Supes fans?????
their stupid..Just playing stick out tongue

TheKahn
I don't understand why anyone has to hate on Batman....... He rules........

It's not that people hate Batman per se, it is just that many individuals learn to dislike the way he is portrayed on this forum by some of his fanboys. He is not alone in this as other characters (I won't say who but I think we all know who I'm talking about here) receive the same treatment.

Every few weeks a fanboy joins the forum (as one seems to have done now, not talking about you superman41082) and proceeds to make a series of character themed threads never taking the time to either read the past threads involving the character thereby forcing many of us to repeat the same arguments. It is just annoying more than anything and, quite frankly, after the 100th time I've read where a fanboy claims that Batman would win a fight against the JLA, X-Men, Avengers, and Galactus AT THE SAME TIME just because he'd "find a way to win," I just get sick of the character.

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by TheKahn
It's not that people hate Batman per se, it is just that many individuals learn to dislike the way he is portrayed on this forum by some of his fanboys. He is not alone in this as other characters (I won't say who but I think we all know who I'm talking about here) receive the same treatment.

That applies to all the characters. I like Silver Surfer quite a lot. But the way he gets portrayed is friggin ridicolus same as wolverine. They hate the fanboys but take it out on the character.

Originally posted by TheKahn

And when you portrayed your own views on a character what then? Don't you always post in the Batman vs threads and say...."Oh, he gets kills"

Then when is a some superhero dude you always cried out victory.

Thunderstrike
Batman is cool provided you keep hmi in the realm of the street-levelers. Outside of that he's highly overrated.

golem370
Deadpool,Wolverine,Spider-Man,Sabretooth,Iron Fist,Stick

AJ4LIFE
What are you saying about Supes fans????? oh nothing whistle but secresely im supes fan but fanboys r dam anoying

TheKahn
That applies to all the characters. I like Silver Surfer quite a lot. But the way he gets portrayed is friggin ridicolus same as wolverine. They hate the fanboys but take it out on the character.

True, fanboys, and fangirls I suppose, do come in all shapes and sizes and perhaps it is a bit unfair to take out the frustration they cause on the characters.

However, let me make myself clear in that I do not have a problem with fans of certain characters or even the characters themselves. If you think superhero "X" can beat superhero "Y" and what to explain why with feats or because of the way their powersets match up, then I'm all ears. Fans of certain characters are usually the best people do debate with as they know (and can cite) evidence to back up their opinions.

What bothers me are the individuals who demand that a certain character will definitely win a given fight and yet they do not provide any basis for this assertion nor any evidence. They are the ones who resort to the tried and true phrase: "batman will find a way to win because that is what he does" (though usually there are numerous spelling mistakes and people do it to other characters). Popular characters, for some reason, seem to attract the most of these types of "fans."

And when you portrayed your own views on a character what then? Don't you always post in the Batman vs threads and say...."Oh, he gets kills"

Then when is a some superhero dude you always cried out victory.

Honestly, I don't really dislike any character enough to assume that they will automatically lose any fight they are in (well, except maybe Rhino but that has more to do with him than me). And, as someone else mentioned, Batman would farewell against a good number of street level characters with his impressive mind and martial arts skills covering for his lack of superpowers. What would be the point of debating if you make up your mind before hearing all the arguments?

It is when he gets put up against...well I don't know...say the JLA that I might start to assume that Bats is going to get his ass handed to him. Even then it's nothing personal, most characters would lose to the members of the JLA.

But if someone can think of a logical way for Batman to win, I'll listen and consider it. I could very well be wrong or not know all of the relevant feats that would determine the outcome. We still may not agree in the end but I won't dismiss any good-faith argument out of hand either. However, this is rarely done. More often than not, in my experience, the phrase preptime is uttered as if that is perfectly acceptable substitute for explaining exactly preptime lets him beat the Flash or Martian Manhunter.

Thunderstrike
http://img395.imageshack.us/img395/1778/wwmax1pb.jpg

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.