Who of these guys punches.. have the most effect on Captain Americas shield ?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Betageuze
each of them can deliver a single punch on Captain Americas
shield.......

which has the most effect ?

Classic Juggernaut
a total mindless full in rage Hulk
Hercules
Gladiator
The Thing
Thanos
Thor (NOT Mjolnir)
Wonderman

MattDay
superman! stick out tongue

aliveinboston
Originally posted by Betageuze
shield.......

Classic Juggernaut
Hercules
Gladiator
The Thing
Thanos
Thor (NOT Mjolnir)
Wonderman

Thanos.

outarddwarf
none!

meep-meep
shield.......

Classic Juggernaut
Hercules
Gladiator
The Thing
Thanos
Thor (NOT Mjolnir)
Wonderman

A total mindless full in rage Hulk?

Hmm I'll go with Thing

No really. Hulk no contest...

Jabba the Hutt
Thanos.

Thunderstrike
Thanos. Cap's taken hits from Hulk on that shield no prob.

King KAM
none.....because it doesnt matter who punches it, it aint doing jack shit

Blue nocturne
Originally posted by King KAM

Except superman.

Thunderstrike
Cap's taken harder hits on that shield than what Superman can dish out.

Tshern

I thought Thor dented it pretty bad.

King KAM
Originally posted by Blue nocturne
Except superman. does superman break promethium?.....no....so he aint doin g nothing to that shield.

Blue nocturne
Originally posted by Thunderstrike
Cap's taken harder hits on that shield than what Superman can dish out.

What about superman 1million.

King KAM
Originally posted by Tshern
I thought Thor dented it pretty bad. nope....cuzz the dent aint there now is it?

Thunderstrike
What about superman 1million.

Uh, no. Nothing short of Pre-Crisis is doing anything to something that is literally unbreakable. It takes more than physical force, as seen by how Thor dented it with a Godblast.

Blue nocturne
Uh, no. Nothing short of Pre-Crisis is doing anything to something that is literally unbreakable. It takes more than physical force, as seen by how Thor dented it with a Godblast.

Superman 1 million can break it.

EDIT: he has 5d imp genes.

Thunderstrike
That doesn't mean he can break it.

*FANBOY ALERT! FANBOY ALERT!*

Kam, kill him.

King KAM
I shall let him live, for he not know what he do.......

but in all sincerity thors godplast was PIS and isnt even canon.

Blue nocturne
That doesn't mean he can break it.

*FANBOY ALERT! FANBOY ALERT!*

Kam, kill him.

Yes he does and I'm not even a superman fan like that, it's just he's a uber overpowerd character.

Blue nocturne
Superman 1 million fron what I heard punched 80,000 yrs into the future( I can't believe I said that) he'll break it.

Sorry for the double post.

King KAM
Superman 1 million fron what I heard punched 80,000 yrs into the future( I can't believe I said that) he'll break it.

Sorry for the double post. space and time isnt unbreakable......lots of people punch through it...not a good enough feat.

Thunderstrike
That's not rupturing something solid though. With the 5D imp genes, he'd be able to get through barriers like that because it's in his blood.

Blue nocturne
Not to mention he has 5d imp genes, during the emperor joker arc joker changed the laws of math with Mr.mxy powers, now imagine what superman 1 million can do.

meep-meep
Um You guys it's pretty much consenual that a totally mindless rage filled Hulk has UNLIMITED strength. Which means anything with physical properties is susceptible to his force. I repeat if you have an uber pissed off Hulk he's going to break that sheild eventually.

aliveinboston
Originally posted by meep-meep
Um You guys it's pretty much consenual that a totally mindless rage filled Hulk has UNLIMITED strength. Which means anything with physical properties is susceptible to his force. I repeat if you have an uber pissed off Hulk he's going to break that sheild eventually.

His strength is not unlimited. One can only get so mindlessly angry, ie., where your mind is completely filled with anger. It's like in Super Troopers. They were already pulled over. They couldn't pull over any more.

Blue nocturne
Originally posted by aliveinboston
His strength is not unlimited. One can only get so mindlessly angry, ie., where your mind is completely filled with anger. It's like in Super Troopers. They were already pulled over. They couldn't pull over any more.

But it was said that his strength is unlimited.

meep-meep
Read carefully. I said a totally mindless rage filled Hulk has UNLIMITED strenght ie. where your mind is completely filled with anger...get it?

Blue nocturne
Originally posted by meep-meep
Read carefully. I said a totally mindless rage filled Hulk has UNLIMITED strenght ie. where your mind is completely filled with anger...get it?

Look I don't write for the hulk, pre-retconned beyonder said his strentgh is infinite so take it up with marvel.

meep-meep
I think you're arguing the same point as me bud.

MrHeavySilence
I just realized how PIS Captain America's shielding is.

King KAM
Originally posted by MrHeavySilence
I just realized how PIS Captain America's shielding is. its not pis is science

GodofThunder
My man Hulk kills that damn sheild

MrHeavySilence
its not pis is science

The idea of Captain America blocking super strength hits with a shield is farfetched. If you were the Hulk, with one good tug, you could rip the shield away from Cap. And the kinetic force from a Hulk punch should break Cap's hands.

Grimm22
Originally posted by MrHeavySilence
The idea of Captain America blocking super strength hits with a shield is farfetched. If you were the Hulk, with one good tug, you could rip the shield away from Cap. And the kinetic force from a Hulk punch should break Cap's hands.

The Sheild is a mixture of Steal and Vibranium (with some other element I forgot) so basicly the Vibranium absorbs any shock affect that is dished onto the sheild. smokin'

illadelph12
Honestly, I'd say Gladiator has the best chance of doing any damage with a punch of the people listed due to his speed. If he can punch at the right angle the vibranium properties of the shield will absorb the force, but the friction might cause some kind of thermal differential. A hyperspace speed haymaker at the right angle may slag it.

It's doubtful, but that's pretty much all I can see posing a threat.

Grimm22
Originally posted by illadelph12
Honestly, I'd say Gladiator has the best chance of doing any damage with a punch of the people listed due to his speed. If he can punch at the right angle the vibranium properties of the shield will absorb the force, but the friction might cause some kind of thermal differential. A hyperspace speed haymaker at the right angle may slag it.

It's doubtful, but that's pretty much all I can see posing a threat.

If anyone could do it, it would probobly be Gladiator.

MrHeavySilence
Originally posted by Grimm22
The Sheild is a mixture of Steal and Vibranium (with some other element I forgot) so basicly the Vibranium absorbs any shock affect that is dished onto the sheild. smokin'

Ah thanks, that explains it then.

badabing
Question. If Mindless Hulk punched Cap's shield and didn't break it, would Cap go flying or would the shield just absorb and dissipate the energy?

King KAM
okay i shall explain how the sheild works......but only this time so listen up.......

The way that the sheild works is when it is hit, the vibranium takes the momentum out of the blow, and re directs it into the adamantium, which is unbreakable, so that no matter how hard it is hit it wont dent nor break, because theoretically, it never took the blunt force of the blow in the first place.

Now the way cap blocks omnidirectional attacks/explosions is that because his sheild is built in the special concave design, it doesnt just take the blast, it redirects it splitting the wave around him, thats why the concave shape is so important....

i can show u better than i can tell you, let me make a diagram on paint. be back shortly

King KAM
Originally posted by badabing
Question. If Mindless Hulk punched Cap's shield and didn't break it, would Cap go flying or would the shield just absorb and dissipate the energy? he wouldnt really go anywhere because it doesnt just absorb, it displaces.

badabing
he wouldnt really go anywhere because it doesnt just absorb, it displaces.
Thank you.

hulk=strength
hey

hulk=strength
im new as you can tell so no bad blood to anyone hulk would have the best chance he might not damage it but might break caps hands (sorry KAM) because his shield can only do so much like KEVLAR eh

King KAM
the truth....

Juntai
Supes blasted it decently hard.

S.S
Originally posted by Juntai
Supes blasted it decently hard.
Que........ confused

mighty adam
Uh, no. Nothing short of Pre-Crisis is doing anything to something that is literally unbreakable. It takes more than physical force, as seen by how Thor dented it with a Godblast. no it was his hammer go to his respect thread they have the pic there.

King KAM
Originally posted by mighty adam
no it was his hammer go to his respect thread they have the pic there. that was PIS and is ignored by every marvel writer.

NEXT!

King KAM
the truth! http://img342.imageshack.us/my.php?image=thesheild7op.gif

hulk=strength
like i said hulk whose punch did the damage to onslaught but i do not think it would do that much damage i dont know an uber oissed hulk has broken a lot of undoable things antimatter/matter attraction broke high evolutionarys armor cyrotrak bands broken stopped juggs the list is endless

King KAM
Originally posted by hulk=strength
like i said hulk whose punch did the damage to onslaught but i do not think it would do that much damage i dont know an uber oissed hulk has broken a lot of undoable things antimatter/matter attraction broke high evolutionarys armor cyrotrak bands broken stopped juggs the list is endless yet he cant damage the shield, because if he did.....cap would kick his fuggin ass.

hulk=strength
hey hey i didnt say he would an im sorry cap may have the fighting skills and courage but him jumpin in the way of an uber pissed hulk is just askin marvel to create a new cap

hulk=strength
correction a regular hulk except for the stoppin of juggs part which i still think he did with his own strength did all those feats i listed so take asec to imagine wat an uber pissed hulk could do

King KAM
Originally posted by hulk=strength
hey hey i didnt say he would an im sorry cap may have the fighting skills and courage but him jumpin in the way of an uber pissed hulk is just askin marvel to create a new cap cap would find a way.....hopefully.

mighty adam
cap would find a way.....hopefully. king thor burned cap to death lol.

illadelph12
lol

Anyway, the key to the shield isn't force, it's heat. It's designed specifically to protect from concussive force/"knock back" .

However, vibranium/adamantium still have a melting point and can be forged, so whichever participant can cause the most friction on impact would do the most harm.

Gladiator can move at hyper-light speeds, so he's who I'd put my money on. Speed + density + trajectory = slagged fist print in the shield.

King KAM
Originally posted by illadelph12
lol

Anyway, the key to the shield isn't force, it's heat. It's designed specifically to protect from concussive force/"knock back" .

However, vibranium/adamantium still have a melting point and can be forged, so whichever participant can cause the most friction on impact would do the most harm.

Gladiator can move at hyper-light speeds, so he's who I'd put my money on. Speed + density + trajectory = slagged fist print in the shield. not happening... all he is gonna do is shatter his arm.....and his confidence, and then cap is gonna kick his blue ass for punching his shield.

know why? Becuase its Cap's World!,Party Time, Excellent, Biotch!

bigboygreen
Hulk no prob.

illadelph12
not happening... all he is gonna do is shatter his arm.....and his confidence, and then cap is gonna kick his blue ass for punching his shield.

know why? Becuase its Cap's World!,Party Time, Excellent, Biotch!

I bet Cap would let Ultimate Colossus dent his shield...

Wally West
Out of those guys listed and inparticular the state he is in, Hulk.

King KAM
Originally posted by Wally West
Out of those guys listed and inparticular the state he is in, Hulk. hulk is in a weakened state.....

mighty adam
not happening... all he is gonna do is shatter his arm.....and his confidence, and then cap is gonna kick his blue ass for punching his shield.

know why? Becuase its Cap's World!,Party Time, Excellent, Biotch! you really are a cap fan. cap can't beat hulk thor or gladiator with out pis or jobbing so please stop with the none sense.

aliveinboston
shield.......

Classic Juggernaut
Hercules
Gladiator
The Thing
Thanos
Thor (NOT Mjolnir)
Wonderman

As long as the question is who can have the most effect, the answer must be Thanos. If it is who can damage it, then the answer is none. However, a full hit by any of the above would probably heat up the shield to the point where the Cap would get badly burned. If not, then the shield must have interdimensional powers.

King KAM
Originally posted by mighty adam
you really are a cap fan. cap can't beat hulk thor or gladiator with out pis or jobbing so please stop with the none sense. i didnt say he could beat them, now did i.....

someone needs to get un-hooked on Crack, and Hooked on Phonics...

DarkCrawler
Hmm. No damage to shield by any of these guys.

If Cap his holding it, though, he will be pretty damn messed up...most likely dead.

King KAM
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
Hmm. No damage to shield by any of these guys.

If Cap his holding it, though, he will be pretty damn messed up...most likely dead. nope, he doesnt feel very much recoil.....

grey fox
None of them even make a scratch.

King KAM
Originally posted by grey fox
None of them even make a scratch. thank you.....finally someone with CREDIBILITY agrees

grey fox
Thanks , but it's obvious.

The only one to dent/break it was Thor (Whom had SHITLOADS of magic under his belt) and as we all know magic makes a mockery of physics and science.

Rick/Genis
I agreed with you, Kam... I just wasn't Vocal about it I guess... so here it is:

I AGREE WITH KING KAM!!! IT IS INDESTRUCTABLE!!!!!!!!!!! NO ONE CAN BREAK IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DarkCrawler
nope, he doesnt feel very much recoil.....

When hit with enough power, he does...Vibranium certainly doesn't absorb ALL vibration...some of the energy goes to Cap.

Like this:
http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/4715/namorvscaptain0vg.gif

(It does absorb much of it, though...just imagine what would have happened to Cap if the shield hadn't been there)

King KAM
When hit with enough power, he does...Vibranium certainly doesn't absorb ALL vibration...some of the energy goes to Cap.

Like this:
http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/4715/namorvscaptain0vg.gif

(It does absorb much of it, though...just imagine what would have happened to Cap if the shield hadn't been there) that comic is old, you do realize that when that was made cap wasnt using the shield that he is using now....

DarkCrawler
that comic is old, you do realize that when that was made cap wasnt using the shield that he is using now....

Yes he was...do you realize that he has been using the same shield since WWII...?

Darth Kal-El
Originally posted by MattDay
superman! stick out tongue

Dayscribe
He's had variations, and he's had his shield replaced.

King KAM
Yes he was...do you realize that he has been using the same shield since WWII...? nope actually for a long time when he was defrosted, he wasnt using the vibranium shield, which is why their are tons of feats like the one you showed, and other of the shield even being cracked and broken., that shield namor pounded was only steel....sorry babe.

GodofThunder
nope actually for a long time when he was defrosted, he wasnt using the vibranium shield, which is why their are tons of feats like the one you showed, and other of the shield even being cracked and broken., that shield namor pounded was only steel....sorry babe.

he is very right even thou i think it was adamantium......but either way its not as strong as the one he has now....but nobody can break it or dent it unless they all hit it at the same time......wait nvm still wouldnt dent....damn

DarkCrawler
nope actually for a long time when he was defrosted, he wasnt using the vibranium shield, which is why their are tons of feats like the one you showed, and other of the shield even being cracked and broken., that shield namor pounded was only steel....sorry babe.

Hmm. You might be right there. I'm not sure if this comic is published before or after the retcons.

King KAM
Hmm. You might be right there. I'm not sure if this comic is published before or after the retcons. definatley before....

nathan summers
Thanos.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.