New anti-aging FX for X3!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

roughrider
Clip from an interview with Ian McKellan. I will be looking closely, to see how well this tech works in this scene. Really makes them look younger? Hmmm...

CS/SHH: Do you have any idea what is going on with the Magneto prequel and are you surprised that they're doing one?
McKellen: Well, I'm not surprised. That's what the comics have been doing for years. They've been having prequels and sequels and changing the plot. Going back to the past would be an obvious thing to do, to have a young Magneto story.

CS/SHH: Who would you like to see play the young Magneto?
McKellen: I'll be playing the part. I don't know if it's in the press notes, but the first time that Patrick Stewart and I appear in , we appear to be 25 years younger than we are. That's been done by a technology never used in film before, which involves no makeup, no special effects whatsoever. We just go into the studio and do the scene as is, and then they morph our faces on to photographs of ourselves 25 years ago. Lo and behold, there we are. They can take any shaped person and they can slim you down, they can build you up, they can bring out your shoulders, change the style and color of your hair. Remove every wrinkle. They removed so many wrinkles from my face, I looked so young that Brett Ratner said, "You've got to put a few wrinkles back. It's looking ridiculous." It would mean that I could play myself at 25, feasibly, as long as I can keep myself lithe and sounding young. I mean, that's the big story of this movie is once the stars realize that they don't have to have facelifts anymore, at least as far as their work is concerned, Meryl and I can go on playing Romeo and Juliet for the next 20 or 30 years. It's astonishing. It's like airbrushing, but for the moving picture.

Silverstein
i wonder what itll look like, hopefully it doesnt look really fake, i have no idea what Ian mckellen looks like as a 25 year old

roughrider
Originally posted by Silverstein
i wonder what itll look like, hopefully it doesnt look really fake, i have no idea what Ian mckellen looks like as a 25 year old

Look at a 1969 film called Alfred The Great; or, a 1983 Fantasy/Horror film called The Keep. Not a good film, but there he is, much younger.

Britrogue
I bet it looks great!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.