Any Batman fans planning to see Superman Returns?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

WrathfulDwarf
I certainly do! big grin

I sincerely hope Superman Returns delivers a great film that will pleased their fans.

So are you Bat-heads going? batman

smiley8
i cant wait now!

Scarecrow756
I am certainly seeing it.

Alec Brood
Renting it for sure.

Lord Shadow Z
My older brother will but I probably won't, Routh doesn't convince me at the moment. Will wait for the DVD

Etrigan
I'll see it, definitely.

Dark Shazam93
Hell yeah! It looks like a great follow on from SM1 and 2.... and |I want to see this morre than X3 noow!!!!

Scarecrow756
I want to see X3 more then this, but I am still looking forward to it.

Mr Parker
I wasnt going to initially because I felt another superman movie wasnt needed since unlike those crapfest Burton batman films,the first two superman movies were so great and the best comicbook movies of all time,but now that I know its not just an origin story like I was thinking it was and I have seen the trailer,I am for sure going to see it and am excited about it.Its hard for me to actually believe I am saying this,but from the trailer,this movie looks like it will be even better than the original superman movie and thats saying a lot.

TMACalicious
I'll see it, but without any expectation of it being a Box Office hit. I'll go in there and sit through it. I shall decide after the movie (this also means I won't leave halfway thru the movie if it sucks, cuz that'll be a waste of my money hehe stick out tongue) whether or not it lives up to all the hype.

I'm predicting it will be a success, but I'm not so sure if it can top Begins.

Mr Parker
yeah Superman Returns has its work cut out for it living up to the greatness of Begins.

Rafkins_Warning
Personally I don't think a Superman movie is needed right now what with Begins bringing back Batman and all... I mean it just feels like its saying "Oh look, they brought Batman movies back successfully, we can do that with Superman too!" even though we have Smallville already which is more than Batman had going for it at the time, we needed a new Batman movie... we don't need a new Superman one at the moment. That's just how I see it anyway....

Dark Shazam93
Superman Return slooks very good, in the spirit of Sm1 and 2...

brainchild81
Originally posted by Rafkins_Warning
Personally I don't think a Superman movie is needed right now what with Begins bringing back Batman and all... I mean it just feels like its saying "Oh look, they brought Batman movies back successfully, we can do that with Superman too!" even though we have Smallville already which is more than Batman had going for it at the time, we needed a new Batman movie... we don't need a new Superman one at the moment. That's just how I see it anyway.... Same here. Smallville's my favorite show right now and I feel like there shouldn't be any movies made until after the series is over. & they should have Welling in them, not Routh.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Rafkins_Warning
Personally I don't think a Superman movie is needed right now what with Begins bringing back Batman and all... I mean it just feels like its saying "Oh look, they brought Batman movies back successfully, we can do that with Superman too!" even though we have Smallville already which is more than Batman had going for it at the time, we needed a new Batman movie... we don't need a new Superman one at the moment. That's just how I see it anyway....

I have to agree with you on that.Thats a good point.I also think that Welling should be in it as well and that they should wait till Smallville is over.Smallville should not have been brought back this year,the last couple years it has gotten progressively worse,end it all now and dont bring it back next year.If that was the case that this was the last season then Superman Returns would be appropriate but not now when they already have plans for one more season.so yeah I pretty much agree with everything you say,they just seem to be doing it now because they brought Batman back.Like you said,a Batman movie was needed,we dont need another superman movie though at this moment.But I'll see it.

braz
im def goin to see this, OMG i love the trailer.!! ive seen it so many times on apple.com and it is great!...i think superman returns is gonna surprise alot of people and make people take supes alot more serious. it will have an effect much like Batman Begins did IMO. and looks just as good as they both go into the origin details of Batman and Superman.

NoFate007
Although I've never been a big fan of Superman, and I don't think he matches up to Batman even remotely in how cool they are, and I personally couldn't even watch the old Superman films - I just thought they were terrible (and no I'm not one of these kids that can't appreciate old films lol. You're talking to someone who thinks Dr. Strangelove is funnier than most films that have come out in the past 10 years)...I should be seeing Superman Returns.

smiley8
I just saw the main trailer for superman and i must say i prefered the teaser. It didnt give much away unlike the trailer that pretty much sums up the gist of the story.

Dark Shazam93
That was the 1 thing that pissed me off... Jesus, I just foun d out the "American Beauty" dude is Lex!!

WrathfulDwarf
I like the new Lex Luthor. He seems very sinister looking.

Dark Shazam93
It's Lester from American Beauty...

smiley8
Well, in the trailer he looks sinister looking at times and then there is a bit where hes acting all comic and lex should never be comic!

Dark Shazam93
Comical is bad... youtube are under construction or something so I cannot see the trailer again, **** it!

sithsaber408
I'll be there.

And just a comment on not needing a new Superman film, already a Smallivile show, and coping Begins.....

They've been trying to make this movie for a while.

Far longer than Begins came out, and even when Batman and Robin was shiting the place up.

Supes WTFpwns.

SpyCspider
Originally posted by Dark Shazam93
It's Lester from American Beauty...

laughing i was thinking the same thing...Lex Luthor smoking up and dreaming about a high school girl...

kanis
vampire Like lord shadow says i will be going see this film but with an open mind about and try not to compare it to the christopher reeve films, mind you i'm to happy about lois in the film already having a child.

Dark Shazam93
NOT too happy or too happy...?

kanis
vampire Sorrry about that definately not happy about it.

Dark Shazam93
yes I agreee

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by kanis
vampire Like lord shadow says i will be going see this film but with an open mind about and try not to compare it to the christopher reeve films, mind you i'm to happy about lois in the film already having a child.

I think comparing is rather pointless...just try to enjoy the flick.

HellMaster93
yes but it looks good and in the spirit of S1 and 2!

kanis
vampire Specially in superman 2 with the battle of general Zod and the other two kryptonian criminals its going to be hard to match something like that in superman returns.

smiley8
Yep, you can never match that, but lets give returns a fair go in its own right.

HellMaster93
yes But Superman 2 was pretty much the best superhero movie EVER!

Scarecrow756
Even better then Batman Begins.

smiley8
Originally posted by HellMaster93
yes But Superman 2 was pretty much the best superhero movie EVER!

One of the classics!

Sparkz
1 thing in the trailer I love is Superman walking through minigun fire, its the first time iv ever seen superman on tv or in a film with the right amount of durabilty. that and the classic superman theme tune got me all giddy...what I can use the word giddy.

HellMaster93
Yeah... the Superman theme is SENSATIONAL! John Williams is GOD! (or was)

WrathfulDwarf
I'm getting pumped for this film. Oh man I hope it won't be disappointment. I really want the Superman franchise to be back on it's feet.

HellMaster93
yes I SO cannot wait! The trailer looks AWESOME!

01ZERO
PERSONALLY IF I MADE A SUPERMAN MOVIE I WOULD RESET LIKE WITH THE BATMAN SERIES. THEN AGAIN ITS NOT MY SEIRES SO I GUESS IM GOING. roll eyes (sarcastic)

HellMaster93
I would not restart as the first 2 Supes movies were 2 of the best comic movies EVER!

smiley8
Exactly, you cant just push those two films aside, all the comic films you see now are because of those two films.

Bardock42
I will. THe trailer looks good (well, they all do) and I like Kevin Spacey...I'll look forward to it.

Darth Martin
I'm going to see it. I think it will gross more than BatmanBegins due to the popularity and fame worldwide of the character. Brian Singer did good with x 1and2, he shoulddue all right with these.

HellMaster93
Singer would be God if Nolan wasn't already... LOL!

WrathfulDwarf
The re-launch of the Superman franchise is way too different than the Batman. It's been more than decade since the last Superman film.

The quest for peace...yikes! messed

Darth Martin
Singer would be God if Nolan wasn't already... LOL!

Yea nolan is pretty good. The guy that made the blade movies was good too.

HellMaster93
Who was e? And Goyer scripted those too... and might also be doing FLASH!

Darth Martin
He is doing flash....well he has to wait for warnerbrothers to giove it a go...ryan reynolds will be flash.

HellMaster93
That isnt confirmed. Reynolds is DEFINITEKY not confirmed, not sure about Goyer... Reynolds MIGHT be Flash, but might also be Deadpool and who else was he linked to...? Namor or someone?

WrathfulDwarf
Got my tickets!

I'm going tonight!

SnakeEyes
Awesome!

I'm really excited to see it.

Mr Parker
I would not restart as the first 2 Supes movies were 2 of the best comic movies EVER!

Yeah unlike with Batman,Superman does not need to be restarted because Superman unlike Batman,had two great movies made already.I was very much against another Superman movie being made because of that and also I am STILL kinda against another superman movie being made because to me,Chris Reeve is the one and ONLY Superman.There is no other. That was why I was so much against a hulk movie being made as well because its the same way with The hulk as well in that Bill Bixby was the one and only Doc Banner for me.There is no other.Unlike Christian Bale,Brandon Routh is going to be under a microscope as Superman because of Reeves great performace where Bale never had to worry about that because Michael keaton was so horribly miscast in batman.Routh is really going to have his work cut out for him trying to live up to Reeves performance.Unlike Bale did,he has some big shows to fill.It still looks like a great flick though from the previews so I still plan on seeing it.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
Got my tickets!

I'm going tonight!

you will have to go outside and do some cartwheels to celebrate the occassion. big grin

HellMaster93
The reviews are VERY positive!

smiley8
For all people in UK, Superman 1 was on last night (saw last half hour myself, damn!) and superman II is on tonight at 8pm on Sky 1!! a welcome intro before returns!!

HellMaster93
I have them on special edition DVD... and you guys shlould too! All comic fans shoul!!!!

smiley8
Yep ive got them but i never get a chance to watch them so when they are on tv its a good chance for me to watch them!

HellMaster93
Right...

Punkyhermy
I went and saw it. And rate it a notch higher than Batman Begins. And I'm as big a Bat fan as they get. wink

Mr Parker
wow punky,the fact that YOU ranked it higher than Batman Begins makes me want to really see this movie now.Because yeah,I know all to well about how your as big of a batman fan as they get.Plus,you used to always bash the burton batman films all the time like me so I know you have good taste in movies.

WrathfulDwarf
I saw it last Thursday and again on Sunday. It was very entertaining and really enjoyed it. Great to have the man of steel back! happy

HellMaster93
i intend to see it in a fortninght (when it reaches a local cinema).../

smiley8
It comes out on the 14th july in the UK

HellMaster93
Yeah... but I won't see the 1st showing... smile

smiley8
Im planning to go on the 15th!! Opening night is just toooooo busy!! I went past the cinema on opening night of X3 and it was like a sea of people!

HellMaster93
ROFLMAO... I know. I waited until 5 or 6 days later for X3...

WrathfulDwarf
Hope you guys like it. smile

HellMaster93
Thanks, I'm sure I will! cool

smiley8
Thanks too! I know i will!!!

HellMaster93
big grin It looks like it'll be GREAT!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.