JLA 1 MILLION vs THE CELESTIALS

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Blue nocturne
2 week prep who wins.

EDIT: Supes 1 million has the sword of superman and everyone is at full power.

batdude123
Well, Batman 1 Million with two weeks of prep is almost overkill for any team taking them on. Except, these are Celestials, they would dominate the team 1 Million. wink

Blue nocturne
Originally posted by batdude123
Well, Batman 1 Million with two weeks of prep is almost overkill for any team taking them on. Except, these are Celestials, they would dominate the team 1 Million. wink Don't forget supermans 5d imp powers.

batdude123
Originally posted by Blue nocturne
Don't forget supermans 5d imp powers.

Oh I didn't see you edit it until just now. My bad. Anyways, they would definitely stand a better shot considering the team consists of:

Superman 1 Million w/ the sword of Superman
Batman 1 Million
Wonder Woman 1 Million
Flash 1 Million
Starman 1 Million
etc...

I say that they would have a much better chance then before. wink

Thunderstrike
Celestials

spideycarnage
thumb up ^

Blue nocturne
Originally posted by Thunderstrike
Celestials

How?

Rick/Genis
Celestials can't even be measured on a scale of power... the one million team goes down... with a fight... but they still go down..

Thunderstrike
How not? The powers that the 1 Mil team has don't even come close to Celstial levels, so they're not cutting even close. Also, nobody knows that the Sword of Superman does. There's just speculation. Only Supes 1 Mil really had any feats, so the rest is speculation.

spideycarnage
dient precrisis weilded the sword?

Blue nocturne
How not? The powers that the 1 Mil team has don't even come close to Celstial levels, so they're not cutting even close. Also, nobody knows that the Sword of Superman does. There's just speculation. Only Supes 1 Mil really had any feats, so the rest is speculation.

Doesn't come close, hourman is there, plus superman 1 millions 5d imp genes 1 million takes this.

EDIT: the sword makes the weilder as powerful as the presence.

Thunderstrike
I'm guessing you've never read anything with the celestials. Nocturne, you're on crack. You've joined the list of people on crack. It's you, Leonhartmm, and Mider so far.

Rick/Genis
I will say Hourman 1 million is a problem... but what problem does he possess... he can't 'unmake' them like he did Amazo. They are Eternal. He can't go back in time to find a weak point because they have none.. I just don't see 1 million winning this.

spideycarnage
Leonhartmm, and Mider so far.

thats a list of dudes, u dont want to be asscociated with whistle

Blue nocturne
I'm guessing you've never read anything with the celestials. Nocturne, you're on crack. You've joined the list of people on crack. It's you, Leonhartmm, and Mider so far.

I'm on crack, dude add 5d imp powers, sword of superman, hourman, and batman 1million with preptime.

EDIT: Superman 1,000,000 (aka Superman-Prime) is after spending like 800+ centuries in the center of the Sun to reach his maximum potential.

batdude123

Rather than relying on insulting someone, you could politely explain to him how the Celestials would win. You don't have to take a crap all over somebody with an opinion. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Juntai
Hourman wins. big grin

Thunderstrike
Rather than relying on insulting someone, you could politely explain to him how the Celestials would win. You don't have to take a crap all over somebody with an opinion. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Well, his opinion is a bit off.

batdude123
Well, his opinion is a bit off.

That's much better. yes I agree with you that it is off. I mean all the skyfathers together could not take on Exitar. He's a tough SOB and he's only one of the Celestials. I say the Celestials take this one 8-9/10.

Blue nocturne
That's much better. yes I agree with you that it is off. I mean all the skyfathers together could not take on Exitar. He's a tough SOB and he's only one of the Celestials. I say the Celestials take this one 8-9/10.

You haven't factored the sword of superman which puts him above specter that has got to be way above skyfather level.

Thunderstrike
You haven't factored the sword of superman which puts him above specter that has got to be way above skyfather level.

There's no proof of that.

batdude123

I've never seen any evidence of the sword of Superman making Superman that strong, but if what you said is true, than the 1 Million team wins this 10/10.

Jabba the Hutt
zOMG THE SwuRD Ov SUpesZzZ MAkes HimGawd. Its lIke Hizz besazt InCArnatin! UnLiMITEd PuWwerzzZzZzz!!!!!!!!!11111111111

leonidas
I'm on crack, dude add 5d imp powers, sword of superman, hourman, and batman 1million with preptime.

EDIT: Superman 1,000,000 (aka Superman-Prime) is after spending like 800+ centuries in the center of the Sun to reach his maximum potential.

er, you DO know superman 1M and superman prime are 2 different characters, don't you . . .? confused

and the sword does NOT make one equal to the presence. it SEEMED to be in the midst of making supes one with the universe. anything beyond that is purest speculation. i've got the damn book and i'm utterly baffled where this 'makes him equal to the presence' nonsense started. forumspeak at its heights!! roll eyes (sarcastic) cripes, king kosmos actually BEAT pre-c supes WHILE he had the sword . . . it wasn't until the end of the book where supes and the sword seemed to start to become one.

i love the 1M squad, but against the celestials? blink the only way i can imagine it happening is if the sword really IS as awesome as it seemed it MAY have been. but without evidence, i don't see it happening. sad

UniOmni
Thank you Leo. I was about to ether this thread, but saw you beat me to it. SOS has zero feats to its name. None. So it's useless to try to debate with it.

Avalonofthewind
Celestials Win.

Leo took the words right off my keyboard. wink

Juntai
Is Hourman 1 million one with the Worlogogg like he was in the comic?
He was like the god of time in that storyline.

MrHeavySilence
Who are the Celestials?

Rick/Genis
Originally posted by Juntai
Is Hourman 1 million one with the Worlogogg like he was in the comic?
He was like the god of time in that storyline.

Doesn't really matter though... what can he do with time? He can't go back to before they were born because they weren't born... they just are..

Thunderstrike
Originally posted by Rick/Genis
Doesn't really matter though... what can he do with time? He can't go back to before they were born because they weren't born... they just are..

He goes back in time and realizes that they can still kick his ass.

spideycarnage
Originally posted by MrHeavySilence
Who are the Celestials?

there a race of cosmic beings that can be argued to be on par with a half powered Big G.

http://www.geocities.com/brenni_au/Celestials101.html#Hosts
http://www.marveldirectory.com/alienraces/celestials.htm

here are some links read them they have pretty good summeries of there stories and appearnces in marvel.

Juntai
Originally posted by Rick/Genis
Doesn't really matter though... what can he do with time? He can't go back to before they were born because they weren't born... they just are.. He can rewrite all of history in an instant, and even write people OUT of it's history.

Thunderstrike
He can rewrite all of history in an instant, and even write people OUT of it's history.

Uh, I don't remember him doing that. In fact, I'm pretty sure you're speculating.

Juntai
Uh, I don't remember him doing that. In fact, I'm pretty sure you're speculating. Nope, read it again, and then his solo series. Partway into the solo series, he gave up The Worlogogg to Metron, but before that, he could do just about anything with time/space. And yes, he DID write people out of time. wink

GodofThunder
Come on the celestial i mean they have only had well ummmm forever to hone there skills there is not stopping them just moving out there way

Juntai
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hourman_Android

"He was practically omnipotent, and could manipulate time to his wishes, never learning from his mistakes, and that was what was hindering him, not his lack of experience." - That was before giving up the Worloggog. Which he was created to wield and be part of.

Shortly after its contruction, Metron appointed Hourman as is heir and entrusted him with the Worlogog. The Worlogog was an ancient artifact constructed (possibly by Metron) from solid tachyons, containing a map of the universe in miniature which a mortal (or immortal) mind can alter mentally, causing reality to shift to fit the new map.

MrHeavySilence
Originally posted by spideycarnage
there a race of cosmic beings that can be argued to be on par with a half powered Big G.

http://www.geocities.com/brenni_au/Celestials101.html#Hosts
http://www.marveldirectory.com/alienraces/celestials.htm

here are some links read them they have pretty good summeries of there stories and appearnces in marvel.

Thanks

spideycarnage
no problem

Thunderstrike
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hourman_Android

"He was practically omnipotent, and could manipulate time to his wishes, never learning from his mistakes, and that was what was hindering him, not his lack of experience." - That was before giving up the Worloggog. Which he was created to wield and be part of.

Shortly after its contruction, Metron appointed Hourman as is heir and entrusted him with the Worlogog. The Worlogog was an ancient artifact constructed (possibly by Metron) from solid tachyons, containing a map of the universe in miniature which a mortal (or immortal) mind can alter mentally, causing reality to shift to fit the new map.

1 problem. How can you write something out of existance that has always been? You can't.

Juntai
1 problem. How can you write something out of existance that has always been? You can't. He can shift the map of the universe away from them. Maybe not writing them OUT of it, but- effectively KICKing them out. Seriously, the Celestials just plain aren't messing with someone with control of all time and reality with a thought. Barring that though, Celestials should beat JLA 1 million.

supremthor
aint it missed up how Sue Richard kill the biggest Celestials Extar

Space M ummy
He can shift the map of the universe away from them. Maybe not writing them OUT of it, but- effectively KICKing them out. Seriously, the Celestials just plain aren't messing with someone with control of all time and reality with a thought. Barring that though, Celestials should beat JLA 1 million.

I'd agree with you there EXCEPT for the fact that TWO cube beings (one of which used to be the beyonder) were quoted as saying their powers were as nothing compared to that of the celestials. Cube beings alter reality on a planetary scale on a regular basis.

Kubik's power was capable of creating at least a duplicate of Earth (and its people) and the sun from the matter in a pocket dimension. Hence, Kubik may be more powerful than beings such as Odin, Zeus and the Watcher Uatu, who have not been shown to be capable of such feats.

It appears even reality warpers would have a hard time with one celestial, let alone the entire race. Whatever reality powers hourman has won't be helping him here.

Juntai
Originally posted by Space M ummy
I'd agree with you there EXCEPT for the fact that TWO cube beings (one of which used to be the beyonder) were quoted as saying their powers were as nothing compared to that of the celestials. Cube beings alter reality on a planetary scale on a regular basis.

Kubik's power was capable of creating at least a duplicate of Earth (and its people) and the sun from the matter in a pocket dimension. Hence, Kubik may be more powerful than beings such as Odin, Zeus and the Watcher Uatu, who have not been shown to be capable of such feats.

It appears even reality warpers would have a hard time with one celestial, let alone the entire race. Whatever reality powers hourman has won't be helping him here. This isn't "planetary" reality warping though, Hourman 1 million had pretty much COMPLETE control of reality as a whole when wielding the Worlogogg. Time and space itself were playthings to the Android before he gave up the power. His only real fault, that being omnipotent, he never really grasped what he was doing, down on an Earthly scale, and then wanted to feel what it was like to be human.
Anyways, in his appearances, he was shown manipulating multiple timelines and universes, locking people outside of time, erasing events from history, moving planets between time and space. Even gave Superman Prime, "New Krypton" as a gift after his arrival.

leonidas
This isn't "planetary" reality warping though, Hourman 1 million had pretty much COMPLETE control of reality as a whole when wielding the Worlogogg. Time and space itself were playthings to the Android before he gave up the power. His only real fault, that being omnipotent, he never really grasped what he was doing, down on an Earthly scale, and then wanted to feel what it was like to be human.
Anyways, in his appearances, he was shown manipulating multiple timelines and universes, locking people outside of time, erasing events from history, moving planets between time and space. Even gave Superman Prime, "New Krypton" as a gift after his arrival.

hmm, having control of time and space doesn't equate to omnipotence, though if what you're saying is correct he was clearly VERY powerful because i know how powerful the worlogogg is. for him to do wipe out the celestials though, you must also assume that he could operate the worlogogg BEFORE the celestials reduce him to slag, or put a virus in him that makes him unable to function (ala solaris). if it came to a race of who is capable fo acting more quickly to abolish the other, hourman is a highly sophisticated android, but celestials are celestials . . . even with the gogg, i'd say celestials would win.

now, a couple interesting questions. if he DID erase the celestials, he would also be responsible for whatever effects their destruction had on the universe. i wonder what effect they WOULD have? no eternals, no thanos are a couple quick and easy ones . . .

and beyond THAT -- could the wielder of the gogg, given sufficient time, erase the phoenix force . . .? whistle and would it necessarily follow that the universe/multiverse is ended simultaneously and hourman and the gogg along WITH it??

Adam Warlock
JLA 1 Million VS. Thousands of Celestials?

My god... Do the math. 1 Celestial could put a dent into that team, let alone thousands of them. Who knows their could be more.

Juntai
Originally posted by leonidas
hmm, having control of time and space doesn't equate to omnipotence, though if what you're saying is correct he was clearly VERY powerful because i know how powerful the worlogogg is. for him to do wipe out the celestials though, you must also assume that he could operate the worlogogg BEFORE the celestials reduce him to slag, or put a virus in him that makes him unable to function (ala solaris). if it came to a race of who is capable fo acting more quickly to abolish the other, hourman is a highly sophisticated android, but celestials are celestials . . . even with the gogg, i'd say celestials would win.

now, a couple interesting questions. if he DID erase the celestials, he would also be responsible for whatever effects their destruction had on the universe. i wonder what effect they WOULD have? no eternals, no thanos are a couple quick and easy ones . . .

and beyond THAT -- could the wielder of the gogg, given sufficient time, erase the phoenix force . . .? whistle and would it necessarily follow that the universe/multiverse is ended simultaneously and hourman and the gogg along WITH it?? But he's not affecting anything, this is a vs thread, not continuum comics.

grey fox
Originally posted by Space M ummy

It appears even reality warpers would have a hard time with one celestial, let alone the entire race. Whatever reality powers hourman has won't be helping him here.

Notice that it states Kubik having placed the team within a pocket dimension to do all of that.

The creator of a pocket dimension controls everything within it (eg they are 'God' ) . Hourman* Hasn't created the DC dimension yet can control space and time .

Also aren't the cubes CREATED by the celestials (or have something to do with them)

GalacticStorm

and beyond THAT -- could the wielder of the gogg, given sufficient time, erase the phoenix force . . .? whistle and would it necessarily follow that the universe/multiverse is ended simultaneously and hourman and the gogg along WITH it??

For him to do that the Phoenix Force would have to

a) be a byproduct of the time and space

b) be a resident of time and space

It is neither. wink

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by grey fox
Notice that it states Kubik having placed the team within a pocket dimension to do all of that.

The creator of a pocket dimension controls everything within it (eg they are 'God' ) . Hourman* Hasn't created the DC dimension yet can control space and time .

Nope. It states that Kubik created a duplicate Earth and Sun from the matter within a pocket dimension. On top of that the cube beings have already shown they can manipulate the matter of the 616 so youre incorrect there. You seem to be implying for some reason that their powers would only be able achieve such feats in a pocket dimension. Why would they have that absurd limitation? Where have you seen on panel evidence to justify that assumption?

grey fox
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
Nope. It states that Kubik created a duplicate Earth and Sun from the matter within a pocket dimension. On top of that the cube beings have already shown they can manipulate the matter of the 616 so youre incorrect there. You seem to be implying for some reason that their powers would only be able achieve such feats in a pocket dimension. Why would they have that absurd limitation? Where have you seen on panel evidence to justify that assumption?

No, what i'm stating is that they can cause various small scale warping feats. But for something as large as planetary/universal recreation they need to open a pocket dimension.

GalacticStorm
No, what i'm stating is that they can cause various small scale warping feats. But for something as large as planetary/universal recreation they need to open a pocket dimension.

And where did you happen to pick up that piece of information? confused

Its not the case at all.

Cube beings can warp reality on a planetary scale, thats the extent of their power, they do however have the potential for universal level warping power as stated in their bios however they are still below the likes of the Celestials. Try picking up issue 3 of the All New Official Handbook series. Its got an entry for the cubes you might find helpful.

grey fox
Dont take this in the wrong way. But No.

This is not because i am trying to stunt my knowledge , but because it's impossible for me to buy a book . None of my local (hell even most of the non-local) outlets sell any comic related items.

GalacticStorm
Dont take this in the wrong way. But No.

This is not because i am trying to stunt my knowledge , but because it's impossible for me to buy a book . None of my local (hell even most of the non-local) outlets sell any comic related items.

No offence taken. You not reading the relevant comic books doesnt cause me physical pain. Although it does mean i have to correct your guesswork wink

Either way i dont know where this stuff about them having to be in a pocket dimension to apply the full extent of their powers came from. Thats completely unsupported and conclusively incorrect when the employment of their abilities in 616 is well documented.

Tshern
And thanks for doing it, it helps me to increase my knowledge of the matter.

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by Tshern
And thanks for doing it, it helps me to increase my knowledge of the matter.

Thank you TS. Youre welcome wink

Blue nocturne
Can someone explain to me then what the sword superman can do, I keep hearing it makes the weilder one with god.

Here:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=395070&highlight=superman+1+million

Thunderstrike
Well, there's nothing but speculation about it. For all we know, it made him crazy. Stop bringin it up.

TheKahn
Can someone explain to me then what the sword superman can do, I keep hearing it makes the weilder one with god.

Here:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=395070&highlight=superman+1+million

http://theages.superman.ws/History/VersionIV.php

grey fox

Here:

Ok now the sword of superman gives it's wielder Omniscience (aka the ability to see and know everything) BUT due to a misinterpretation of what Omniscience meant the rumour started going around that the sword of superman made you as powerful as God

See GS i do know some stuff cool

the Darkone
Superman 1 million or prime never had the sword. It was pre-crisis superman who had the sword and threw back into heaven. Celestail win hands down, Areshim made Odin bow down to him and he is Skyfather. Eixtar alone will blink them outof exitences, Superman has imp blood but it has been dilude over the years. Celestails are a race, Celestails wins hands down.

spideycarnage
Ok now the sword of superman gives it's wielder Omniscience (aka the ability to see and know everything) BUT due to a misinterpretation of what Omniscience meant the rumour started going around that the sword of superman made you as powerful as God

yo i as well heard that the sword makes u god. damm superman fan boys mad

the Darkone
Superman Prime or 1 Million never had the sword end of stroy, only pre-crisis superman and he threw it back into heaven.

Blue nocturne
Originally posted by the Darkone
Superman Prime or 1 Million never had the sword end of stroy, only pre-crisis superman and he threw it back into heaven.

Well I'm giving him the sword in this match.

And the sword makes him more then omniscient it also makes him omnipresent

http://superman.ws/tales2/sword/?page=38

http://superman.ws/tales2/sword/?page=40

He would have been one with the universe.

With sword the I put him on eternity's level.

leonidas
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
For him to do that the Phoenix Force would have to

a) be a byproduct of the time and space

b) be a resident of time and space

It is neither. wink

ya, ya . . .. i could carry this further, but i fear spectators would be injured by collateral damage, so i shall bow out. stick out tongue

Blue nocturne
ya, ya . . .. i could carry this further, but i fear spectators would be injured by collateral damage, so i shall bow out. stick out tongue

It doesn't matter jla m* wins.

leonidas
It doesn't matter jla m* wins.

not without PROOF -- P. R. O. O. F. -- that the sword does anything like what you and others suggest. not unless you think hourman can use the worlogogg before he gets abolished by a celestial. the others are utterly inconsequential in this fight. it's basically the sword and worlogogg v the celestials. there's not even any guarantee the gogg could rewrite the celestials. perhaps they would be above its abilities. perhaps supes becomes one with the universe then just . . . fades away. no one knows what MIGHT have happened.

in any event, both scenarios are highly speculative and unproveable. you're free of course to believe as you wish, but your belief is unfounded. given what we have SEEN, celestials destroy them.

Dayscribe
Why is there argument that the Celestials wouldn't win this?

Mordum
This fight should never take place team JLA gets slaughtered. A better match for JlA 1million would be skyfathers becasue thats essentially what they have become nothing higher. One Celestial>>>>>>>>>>all skyfathers so add in thounsands of celestials and you know the rest.

Space M ummy
Originally posted by Dayscribe
Why is there argument that the Celestials wouldn't win this?

Rampant JLA Fanboyism, that's why.

Dayscribe
Ah. I see a lot of that at my local comic shop. One kid said that Superman could take Galactus by himself. erm

Blue nocturne
not without PROOF -- P. R. O. O. F. -- that the sword does anything like what you and others suggest. not unless you think hourman can use the worlogogg before he gets abolished by a celestial. the others are utterly inconsequential in this fight. it's basically the sword and worlogogg v the celestials. there's not even any guarantee the gogg could rewrite the celestials. perhaps they would be above its abilities. perhaps supes becomes one with the universe then just . . . fades away. no one knows what MIGHT have happened.

in any event, both scenarios are highly speculative and unproveable. you're free of course to believe as you wish, but your belief is unfounded. given what we have SEEN, celestials destroy them.

I see jla m* winning 4/10, give them some credit.

Dayscribe

Why? They don't really have anything that thousands of Celestials can't deal with.

Avalonofthewind
Originally posted by Dayscribe
Why? They don't really have anything that thousands of Celestials can't deal with.

Correct. This is overkill.

I loved the 1M crew...however, they aren't winning this.

leonidas

bn, in case you haven't noticed, it was sort of my idea to start this little group called the JLAkmc . . . roll eyes (sarcastic)

those jla fanboys people talk about -- many of them think I'M the poster child for them!

i LOVED the 1M storyline. giving credit is one thing, saying they can do something that is clearly beyond anything they've been shown to be capable of is simple logic.

COULD the sword makes supes a god? maybe.
COULD hourman rewrite the universe to forget the celestials should be in it? maybe, IF you think he can react faster than the celestials could to stop him.

too many COULDs and IFs for me.

kgkg
Wow so many fanboys here.

JLA 1 mils can't beat one Celestial let alone an army

GalacticStorm

Its so good to see you've been making note of my teachings. You're on the right track son. wink

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.