Wonder Woman Vs. Ghost Rider

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Comicbook_kid
Hooo-Raaaa .....this is gonna be one flippin' sweet fight, and here's why....

Remember when Wonder Woman recently was forced to kill Max Lord by breaking his neck....well, now she has to answer to the Spirit of Vengeance and his penace stare.....

What happens when the Ghost Rider's comes a'callin'.......and is lookin' for a certain Amazon goddess who has plenty of blood on her hands to answer for?????

Discuss................................

Thunderstrike
GR. Why? What the hell is Diana gonna do to hurt him? Speedblitz? GR is just gonna laugh at her. BFR? Yeah. GR just summons his bike and comes right back.

GR 10/10

Comicbook_kid
Originally posted by Thunderstrike
GR. Why? What the hell is Diana gonna do to hurt him? Speedblitz? GR is just gonna laugh at her. BFR? Yeah. GR just summons his bike and comes right back.

GR 10/10

big grin I like the way you think..... yes Oh, by the way, what does "BFR" stand for?

Tron
Well, Max Lord wasn't exactly an "innocent", so I'm not too sure how well the penance stare will work. But anyway, he COULD come back, but for what? He's better off staying gone.

And BFR is "Battlefield Removal".

jasofisc
I agree with tron max lords was a bast-rd and got what he deserved. If Ghost rider came to see WW then it would be to give her an award.

grey fox
Penanace stare, then a torrent of hellfire does the job.

jasofisc
why wouldn't WW stand up to hellfire?

Thunderstrike
Because Hellfire burns the soul. It's from the inside out. There hasn't been anything that can stand to it.

jasofisc
really holly crap I didnt' know that I thought it was just like powerfull fire

TheKahn
Because Hellfire burns the soul. It's from the inside out. There hasn't been anything that can stand to it.

Then the question becomes does Wonder Woman have a soul?

Thunderstrike
That is a good question. Do feminazi's have souls?

I'd think yes, but they're buried very deep.

Grimm22
That is a good question. Do feminazi's have souls?

I'd think yes, but they're buried very deep.

yes So true So true

grey fox
Originally posted by TheKahn
Then the question becomes does Wonder Woman have a soul?

Yup , made from clay but has the Soul .

King Castle
hmm.. interesting and i also think the past posters were completely ignorant.. its okay to say b/c they no longer post.

i say WW wins or she accidentally ko's herself taking GR with her.

quanchi112
Gr wins.

iceman24567
Diana

bbrem123
Ghost Rider

Prep-Man
WW.

Stall_19
Rider

Warlord
rider

Prep-Man
The stare will work, however WW can block it and is far quicker than Rider. Rider got beat in Shadowland and didn't look all that impressive.

Warlord
Originally posted by Prep-Man
Rider got beat in Shadowland and didn't look all that impressive.

PIS if you want my opinion. Anyways Diana cannot drain his hellfire

Prep-Man
Yes, but WW has a crap load of experience in dealing with these types of threats. And most of GR attacks won't work. She can even block his stare, like what she did with Medusa.

Warlord
of course she can. if she couldn't it would be a stomp, which isn't.
I think her lasso would be her greatest asset but overall I'm giving the rider a small majority

Prep-Man
How? Rider has limits and Diana has more move ability and speed. Plus the Lasso can act as a field and the bracelets can blocks his attacks?

Warlord
they will eventually slug it out. Rider cannot be put down unless she lassoes him and he has range attack capabilities. she will have restrictions of movement as she will have to kkep her hands in front of her face to block the stare.

Prep-Man
They don't have to slug it out. WW can easily lasso GR and win that way. Unless GR has dealt with someone as fast as Diana.

Not to mention that Diana can fight blind. She doesn't have to see to even beat GR.

Warlord
They don't have to slug it out. WW can easily lasso GR and win that way. Unless GR has dealt with someone as fast as Diana.

Not to mention that Diana can fight blind. She doesn't have to see to even beat GR.

he can deflect the laso with his chain. unless no one at GR's speed has ever done it.

she can avoid the stare with her gauntlets I don't think just closing her eyes will do. it's not the same as blind fight

Prep-Man
Been done before, but the Lasso has overpowered most weapons. Diana is clearly more skilled and will bind GR.

Hell fire won't be a problem, she's taken Etrigans hell fire, Nekron's magic attacks, and Zeus's magical ones as well. Magic foes is what she's good at and I'd give her the majority.

Warlord
well it will be hard to laso him when she has to deflect chains hellfire and protect her eyes at the same time

Prep-Man
Meh, it's nothing she hasn't faced before. Etrigan, anyone?

Warlord
really?
etrigan's stare could kill her at the same time he was shooting fires at her?

Omega Vision
Wonder Woman

AsbestosFlaygon
Wonder Woman 6/10

As said before, she could block the stare, fight blindfolded, and speedblitz... so the stare is not a problem for her.

tideoftime
In a "simple" physical confrontation, WW wins easily. In the context of the Stare, it's very important to remember that Diana's purity of spirit is matched by very few: when she kills/uses lethal force, it isn't coming from a "dark" place (as it would if, say, Batman were to use a gun -- his non-killing MO is the only real thing separating him from his rogues gallery), and she never does it lightly. While narratively his gaze could have an effect on her, to whatever degree, it would likely surprise him (perhaps almost pleasantly so, to find such a rare gem of a soul) that she isn't as affected as most others would be (she's narratively already faced a similar situation, in the JLA's "A League of One", where her spirit/essence was the only one pure enough to stand in judgement before similarly soul-purging/burning mystical flames/effects).

King Castle
what i see happening here more often then not is a backlash of powers countering themselves if Diana tries to tie Ghost rider up with her lasso and force him to do anything against his will..

or the hellfire of his has an adverse reaction if it comes in contact with her lasso..

very few have tanked or subverted Ghostrider's stare i dont see diana's "purity of heart being the ticket of her tanking it.

those who have subverted the penance stare had other factors contributing to its failure.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by tideoftime
In a "simple" physical confrontation, WW wins easily. In the context of the Stare, it's very important to remember that Diana's purity of spirit is matched by very few: when she kills/uses lethal force, it isn't coming from a "dark" place (as it would if, say, Batman were to use a gun -- his non-killing MO is the only real thing separating him from his rogues gallery), and she never does it lightly. While narratively his gaze could have an effect on her, to whatever degree, it would likely surprise him (perhaps almost pleasantly so, to find such a rare gem of a soul) that she isn't as affected as most others would be (she's narratively already faced a similar situation, in the JLA's "A League of One", where her spirit/essence was the only one pure enough to stand in judgement before similarly soul-purging/burning mystical flames/effects).

Hasn't she blocked Bloodwynd's penace stare?

tideoftime
Hasn't she blocked Bloodwynd's penace stare?

I want to say so; do you remember what issue that was? While Bloodwynd's power is more directly a mirror of GR's, I went "broader" with the "League of One" reference, as it more directly relates how WW's spiritual resiliance was superior, in at least some regards, to even the more "spiritually" stawart league members, like SM, BM, Z, etc.

And again, not a given that GR's stare couldn't work effectively, just that if there's a DC character (non-ultra-uber) who'd have circumstantial tolerance for his stare, Diana's certainly one of them... Conversly, her lasso isn't a one-shot against him, either, as the meta-truth of his being/existence/purpose is rather deep, and there isn't a ready truth she can exploit against him as she might against most other beings.

Still, she's physically much more powerful, and that makes for at least a takedown. He can get wins, of course, but largely based on the Stare, and less so on physical prowess...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.