how would star wars be effected if qui gon lived

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarthMaul9123
what if maul never went to naboo(because i would never let him die in my plausable adventures haha)and qui gon and them lived

Blaxican Style
Ten tehred a good chance lil Ani didn't get trained. If he did Qui-Gon would whoop his ass into not going bad.

DarthMaul9123
teh word teh isnt going to be good teh say, because teh doesnt make sense, but lebron james would kick MJ ass end off conversasion

Admiral Akbar
It was his destiny to die. There would be no star wars if he lived.

DarthMaul9123
true but this is a what if thing, however i too think he would have died and if not by maul then by some loser droid/clone

Blaxican Style
Originally posted by DarthMaul9123
teh word teh isnt going to be good teh say, because teh doesnt make sense, but lebron james would kick MJ ass end off conversasion

that would be laughable, and "end off conversation" is not a correct sentance, I think your thinking of end OF conversation? wink

Razielim
First of all: MJ >> Kobe >>>> Lebron.

Now that that's settled...

I doubt Anakin would have fallen to the Dark Side. Qui-Gon knows how to get things done, and is incredibly wise. Kenobi did a good job with Anakin, but I feel Qui-Gon would have done a better job...

BLAK FOX
Maul would have grown insanely powerful and Dooku would have never become Sidious' apprentice.

DarthMaul9123
thank god, but this is bout qui gon not maul

Tangible God
Then the chances of Anakin falling to the Dark Side would have been decreased and the rest is all an enormous pile of pointless "what ifs."

Jam-Jul_Lison
Palpatine's plan would have never succeeded. For one thing when Anakin first had the vision about his mother he would have told Qui-Gon and they would have went straight to tatooine. Anakin's mother would have been saved. Anakin and Qui-Gon would have become very close. The council would not be able to control them but would keep an eye on them. If Qui-Gon had managed to defeat Maul then when it came time to contront Doku. Doku would have been quickly defeated. Eventualy Palpatine's identity might have been discovered, Anakin and Qui-Gon would have easily defeated him. The Galaxy would have prospered.

DarthMaul9123
yeah but destiny is enevitable. oh and its dooku maybe you knew but for others who probably know and whatever look its dooku*

Jam-Jul_Lison
A typo on my part. lol. I was not paying much attention as I was type. I know how to spell Dooku though.

Admiral Akbar
Originally posted by DarthMaul9123
yeah but destiny is enevitable. oh and its dooku maybe you knew but for others who probably know and whatever look its dooku*

My point exactly. Qui Gon was destined to die. No what IF's

Agent Krueger
I *HATE* 'What ifs'

TheBalance
The philosophy of time is this: a point in time in life you will experience an emotion, reflective of another person and reflecting on another person, how you get to that time of emotion, is your choice. Choose quickly, but wisely.
-Tarik Vann
Copyright by Tarik Vann, 2003.

Meaning he would of died anyway, how it happened was his choice he just has to understand it!!!

JaehSkywalker
Star Wars' story would be totally diff.

I guess he would die some other way anyway... he just, gottta go!

Archangelysses
Even though this argument has largely died, it would go like this

Qui Gon lives - Anakin stays good.

Qui Gon was the only one who could have trained anakin properly

Why, cause qui gon was not by the book, which yoda, obi wan were. Even though obi wan had some of Qui Gons defiance he was not QG.

Anakin looked on Qui Gon as a father and would have respected/followed him, and Qui Gon followed the force's direction. Palpatine knew the chancellor was sending jedi to naboo, he also helped in the choosing, palpatine knew Qui Gon would find Anakin becuase palpatine knew anakin was alive. and it was time.

It is clearly stated in all the literature that qui gon was one of the best lightsaber fighters having been trained by yoda and Dooku. Maul was trained to kill qui gon because papls knew he would be a threat, a real big threat if he lived. simple as that.

Anakin could not have Qui Gon if Palpatine wanted to turn him.

UltimateStryfe
maul would have trained greivous.
maul would kill Ventress(she's just dumb)
maul would have made durge cry
no dooku.
maybe maul would have picked someone else to be the prime clone.

qui-gon would have castrated Nute Gunray instead of fighting Maul.
Obi-Wan gets knighted and has a different apprentice.
Ani does all the missions with Qui-Gon.
saves palpatine and Ani kills Maul(maybe)
Qui-gon goes to Utapau. Totally screws Greivous.

overall: Sidious has to postpone Order 66.

Archangelysses
The point is this

Qui Gon Jinn was a major threat to Sidious and Sidious knew it. Sidious knew Qui Gon would find Anakin. We know from canon and source material that Qui Gon was an exceptional Swordsman. Maul was trained as a Weapon to eliminate Jedi. Maul was trained to kill Qui Gon. Basically delivering Anakin up to Palpatine

overlord
Originally posted by Archangelysses
The point is this

Qui Gon Jinn was a major threat to Sidious and Sidious knew it. Sidious knew Qui Gon would find Anakin. We know from canon and source material that Qui Gon was an exceptional Swordsman. Maul was trained as a Weapon to eliminate Jedi. Maul was trained to kill Qui Gon. Basically delivering Anakin up to Palpatine What? Palpatine knew all that would happen and Qui-Gon was a big threat to him???? Oh, is that so? I think that Sidious' original plan was just to get in to power by using the trade federation as threat. It's highly unlikely that he knew that Qui-gon and co would arrive at Tatooine, meet Anakin and take him with him and such.

And that it was Maul's job to go fetch Anakin sounds even more unlikely.

Archangelysses
No No No

Let me try to explain a bit more -

We know Sidious could see the future, more clearly than the Jedi. We know that Sidious was a master planner, nothing ever had just one simple outcome.

The hypothesis is this, Sidious could see the future, he knew the coming clone wars and around the time of Naboo set that in motion. He knew Maul was not going to survive as he already knew of Vader's Coming. Therefore, he knows that Qui Gon was to find the chosen one. I will have to re-read cloak of deception but I seem to recall palpatine influencing Valorum on the Jedi to send. (But don't quote me on that, as I can not swear to it).

He knows that Qui Gon is a maverick, and more in tune with the force than the current council. He knows that Qui Gon has to be eliminated. Maul was the tool to do so. I even think he foresaw Maul's death. And had already begun his plan on Dooku. He knew too clearly what was coming at the time. Remember the clone troopers were started not long after the end of Naboo at least within the same year as born out by Episode II. That was all started by Dooku after he had become Tyranus.

The trade federation was more than just naboo. It was to set the stage for droid armies. To further estrange the senate by it's inactivity and to create the CIS. The trade federation were never meant to win.

Darth Maul was never anything more than an assassin - albeit a very, very good one. Therefore, Maul's real duty was to eliminate the threat to Darth Vader - Qui Gon Jinn. REmember when Palpatine arrives on Naboo - Young Skywalker - We shall watch your career with great interest. That shows he knew then. But I believe he knew long before that.

SnakeEyes
In my opinion, if Qui-Gon had lived, then Palpatine would've just devised a new plan. He's a smart guy, so I'm sure he could pull something off, such as waiting until some opportune moment and having Qui-Gon killed (by Jango or Dooku or somebody) in front of Anakin. Anakin would definitely be pissed and unleash his anger and I'm sure that would work to Palpy's advantage.

Bottomline: Qui-Gon would get owned later on if he did not die in Episode One. Anakin would still become Vader, but in a different way.

Archangelysses
Agreed

Qui Gon was doomed to die to be able to save the Galaxy. In life he could only have delayed the inevitable. In death he could end it.

overlord
No No No

Let me try to explain a bit more -

We know Sidious could see the future, more clearly than the Jedi. We know that Sidious was a master planner, nothing ever had just one simple outcome.

The hypothesis is this, Sidious could see the future, he knew the coming clone wars and around the time of Naboo set that in motion. He knew Maul was not going to survive as he already knew of Vader's Coming. Therefore, he knows that Qui Gon was to find the chosen one. I will have to re-read cloak of deception but I seem to recall palpatine influencing Valorum on the Jedi to send. (But don't quote me on that, as I can not swear to it).

He knows that Qui Gon is a maverick, and more in tune with the force than the current council. He knows that Qui Gon has to be eliminated. Maul was the tool to do so. I even think he foresaw Maul's death. And had already begun his plan on Dooku. He knew too clearly what was coming at the time. Remember the clone troopers were started not long after the end of Naboo at least within the same year as born out by Episode II. That was all started by Dooku after he had become Tyranus.

The trade federation was more than just naboo. It was to set the stage for droid armies. To further estrange the senate by it's inactivity and to create the CIS. The trade federation were never meant to win.

Darth Maul was never anything more than an assassin - albeit a very, very good one. Therefore, Maul's real duty was to eliminate the threat to Darth Vader - Qui Gon Jinn. REmember when Palpatine arrives on Naboo - Young Skywalker - We shall watch your career with great interest. That shows he knew then. But I believe he knew long before that.
Oh no no no!!! Just because he says something like that doesn't prove anything just like your argument of Sidious looking at Anakin while talking the plagueis stuff.
Darth maul also doesn't give a crap about slave boy, remember how he almost runs him over at Tatooine? And don't tell me that was a special test or something.

He did have to get rid of the princess though and had sent Maul to take care of her protectors. Well, whatever. Sidious couldn't have expected the jedi to go to Tatooine after escaping Naboo and then also even finding someone with the potential as Anakin.
I don't want to hear anymore nonsense about Sidious knowing exactly everything that would happen just like the duel against Mace. Such stuff comes way to close to fanboyism to me wich scares the hell out of me.

Archangelysses
Actually its not fanboyism. Its just a simply study of Machiavellian scheming.

I never stated Maul knew about slave boy, Just the opposite. And we already know and have the proof about Sidious having brilliant foresight. At least 3 times throughout the movies he states "Everything is proceeding as I have forseen" or something very similar.

No I don't think he knew about Tatooine at all, but I do believe he knew Qui Gon would find The Chosen One. Since it was the Chosen One that brought about the end of the Jedi then it is fair to state that Palpatine/Sidious knew this.

Anyway, this is a hypothetical debate, if you don't like what you read, why read it,

Archangelysses
And as for Mace, I personally believe that he beat Sidious fair and square.

Killing them himself or having anakin do it made no real difference. Anakin had already decided to join the sith, he wanted the teachings to save padme

overlord
What the f*ck? If I don't like what you write, why read it?
I know.. I should've used my foreseeing powers to have known what your post would be about. Forgive me for not using teh force.

How much contact has Palpatine had with Anakin anyway, from TPM until AotC?

Archangelysses
Actually it was a simple response to your statement of not wanting to hear anymore nonsense about sidious knowing everything.

According to AOTC quite a lot

in their conversation which forgive me if I misquote

P = Your patience has paid off
A = your guidance helped

overlord
Yeah yeah, let's not talk about responding to statements and other off topic stuff.
However I will stick by Yoda's explaining of seeing the future, namely that it is always in motion therefore not predictable. I will not believe theories of Sidious knowing everything without some better arguments.
Ah, just forget it.. it won't happen anyway.

Archangelysses
I am not saying he knew everything

However at the PT time he knew more than the jedi. His vision of the future was not clouded but clear.

Yoda states in AOTC - Blind we are if creation of this clone army we could not see
The clone army was created close to the time of naboo. Therefore the Jedi were blind back that far.

Palpatine says to dooku in AOTC something along the lines of Everything is going as planned
to Vader in OT everything is going as I have forseen

It seems only fair to state that at the time Palpatine had a much better view of the future

UltimateStryfe
quick off topic question: who is the dude on the far left. i can't remember his name.

overlord
I am not saying he knew everything

However at the PT time he knew more than the jedi. His vision of the future was not clouded but clear.

Yoda states in AOTC - Blind we are if creation of this clone army we could not see
The clone army was created close to the time of naboo. Therefore the Jedi were blind back that far.

Palpatine says to dooku in AOTC something along the lines of Everything is going as planned
to Vader in OT everything is going as I have forseen

It seems only fair to state that at the time Palpatine had a much better view of the future The ability to look into the future certainly helps Sidious plan. But all the planning ahead cannot be credited to visions.
It can only warn him as far as know just like knowing his death would be in the hands of a skywalker.
Vader also planned but I don't think it's likely that he knew through visions where the rebels were or that Han and co would go to Bespin.

Tangible God
Originally posted by UltimateStryfe
quick off topic question: who is the dude on the far left. i can't remember his name. Jake.

UltimateStryfe
Vor'en Kurn

http://starwars.wikia.com/images/a/aa/VorEnKurnHumanSoldier.JPG

UltimateStryfe
just found it. anywaaaaaaaay...........

quigon would kill emperor?

overlord
Not likely. Ataru sucks and so does maul. Maul was killed by an ugly padawan and Qui-gon failed, therefore Qui-gon=teh SuXX0rz.

Archangelysses
Yoda made ataru look good though

overlord
Imagine how much better Yoda could've been without all the useless movement in Ataru!

Archangelysses
Not sure, Ataru compensated for Yoda's size allowing him to be all over an opponents ass like he was to Dooku. I'm not sure if he would have been as effective at anything else

UltimateStryfe
ataru is made to cover a large area and focuses on offense. that's why yoda dodged around instead of defending himself more. that's why QG died, his form was no match for Darth Maul's Teras Kasi and Form VII.

Darth Callous
Originally posted by Darth_Hexus
what if maul never went to naboo(because i would never let him die in my plausable adventures haha)and qui gon and them lived

This thread has been done a million times, but I'll answer anyways.

If Qui lived, then he would become Anakin's master. And no doubt would have been a lot better than Obi.

overlord
Originally posted by UltimateStryfe
ataru is made to cover a large area and focuses on offense. that's why yoda dodged around instead of defending himself more. that's why QG died, his form was no match for Darth Maul's Teras Kasi and Form VII. Teras Kasi?Originally posted by Darth Callous
This thread has been done a million times, but I'll answer anyways.

If Qui lived, then he would become Anakin's master. And no doubt would have been a lot better than Obi. Exactly, because Obi Wan is ugly and dumb!

UltimateStryfe
darth maul was a master of the hand to hand combat form called "teras kasi." he integrated it with his juyo.

overlord
Cool, where is that from?

UltimateStryfe

Archangelysses
And yet Anoon Bondarra got owned by Maul so quickly. Wonder what form Bondarra used

UltimateStryfe
there is only one form of Teras Kasi. Maul is just that cool. big grin

Archangelysses
Yes Maul was cool, but I still think Vader was the more physically frightening to encounter

overlord
Hmm.. Mace also kicked while fighting.. Maybe it's just part of the lightsaber style.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.