Superman/Green Lantern (Hal Jordan) vs. Thor/Captain Marvel (Billy)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

batdude123
Who wins?

batdude123
POST DANGIT! mad

batdude123
Why is nobody posting?????????????

spideycarnage
everyones tired seeing the same guys in the fourms, one way or another we have seen all these guys fight each other in the forum wheather is singles or tagteams.

batdude123
Poop. big grin

DigiMark007
Supes has beaten Thor. Hal would take care of Billy, and eventually Supes could help. If they switched, that would be interesting. Billy can handle Supes because of his magic (it's wicked close) and Thor might be able to beat Hal.

Thor's the most versatile in this fight, but he doesn't match up well against Kal. For that reason I say Team Super-Lantern 6/10.

GodofThunder
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Supes has beaten Thor. Hal would take care of Billy, and eventually Supes could help. If they switched, that would be interesting. Billy can handle Supes because of his magic (it's wicked close) and Thor might be able to beat Hal.

Thor's the most versatile in this fight, but he doesn't match up well against Kal. For that reason I say Team Super-Lantern 6/10.

I disagree Thor owns Supes (we have been over this it has been provin) and caps can handle hal atleast fo a while.... Then when Thor done Hal goes down 8/10 Thor-Marvel

DigiMark007
Originally posted by GodofThunder
I disagree Thor owns Supes (we have been over this it has been provin) and caps can handle hal atleast fo a while.... Then when Thor done Hal goes down 8/10 Thor-Marvel

...the only comic "proof" we have is the crossover fight where Thor lost to Supes. I understand that Thor is more versatile and potentially more powerful because of that versatility....but Supes punked him and I find that hard to argue with. Thor might be better in certain situations, but it's just a bad matchup for him.

So yeah, I stand by what I said. Hal's also potentially the most powerful in the fight. Non-PIS, he could be just as much a deciding factor as either of these two.

spideycarnage
Originally posted by DigiMark007
...the only comic "proof" we have is the crossover fight where Thor lost to Supes. I understand that Thor is more versatile and potentially more powerful because of that versatility....but Supes punked him and I find that hard to argue with. Thor might be better in certain situations, but it's just a bad matchup for him.

So yeah, I stand by what I said. Hal's also potentially the most powerful in the fight. Non-PIS, he could be just as much a deciding factor as either of these two.

the crossover fight between superman and Thor wasn't the most believable fight in my opinion. when Thor got KOed by superman, supes was off balanced sitting on the floor, Thor surely can take a punch harder than wat superman threw at him. Thor is much more durable than wat was depicted in the comic.. He's taken punches in the face form a enraged hulk, and also thanos without getting knocked out.

Cosmic Cube
I like Superman and Hal's chances.

If you disregard crossovers (eg. Superman KOing Thor and Thor KOing GL,) this is a good fight.

Still think GL and Supes will pull it out though.

Thor's versatile, but GL's more versatile.
Superman is... super.

Can't argue that logic.

GodofThunder
Originally posted by Cosmic Cube
I like Superman and Hal's chances.

If you disregard crossovers (eg. Superman KOing Thor and Thor KOing GL,) this is a good fight.

Still think GL and Supes will pull it out though.

Thor's versatile, but GL's more versatile.
Superman is... super.

Can't argue that logic.

Yes I can because it sucks lol jk jk but no really it sucks.....crossovers are garbage anyway yes it is the only thing to go by but there not going to let Supes get beaten are u serious.....and GL more versatile naw lets see him fight with out that pretty green ring of his because Thor does a pretty good job without his hammer........yes Superman might be Super but ummmmm Thor is a Norse God SuperMAN<<<<<<NorseGod

batdude123
Yes I can because it sucks lol jk jk but no really it sucks.....crossovers are garbage anyway yes it is the only thing to go by but there not going to let Supes get beaten are u serious.....and GL more versatile naw lets see him fight with out that pretty green ring of his because Thor does a pretty good job without his hammer........yes Superman might be Super but ummmmm Thor is a Norse God SuperMAN<<<<<<NorseGod

What the f**k? You mean like when Hal Jordan fought Mongol h2h w/o the ring and ko'd him? And it's a pretty stupid arguement anyway if you ask me because Hal Jordan has got the ring for this fight.

S.S
Supes and Hal got this.

batdude123
Originally posted by S.S
Supes and Hal got this.

I agree. yes

batdude123
Anybody else??????????????

GodofThunder
Mongol in no way shape or form is even on Thor's level ok we all have are under the conclusion that Thor beats Supes correct ok then........With Thor's hammer he can actually absorb yes people absorb power and what is green lantern only power he also can shoot it twice as hard back so how is this going to work...Captain Marvel can hang in there for a while aswell he just aint goin to do to much dmg

GodofThunder
Originally posted by batdude123
What the f**k? You mean like when Hal Jordan fought Mongol h2h w/o the ring and ko'd him? And it's a pretty stupid arguement anyway if you ask me because Hal Jordan has got the ring for this fight.

I was replying to your more versatil statement ummm GL is not more versatile then Thor and don't think I'm putting Gl down because I really like him just don't think he would win......

batdude123
Mongol in no way shape or form is even on Thor's level ok we all have are under the conclusion that Thor beats Supes correct ok then........With Thor's hammer he can actually absorb yes people absorb power and what is green lantern only power he also can shoot it twice as hard back so how is this going to work...Captain Marvel can hang in there for a while aswell he just aint goin to do to much dmg

No, you are only speaking for yourself about the whole Superman vs. Thor thing. Green Lantern is more versatile than Thor and if Hal gets creative (which he ALWAYS does) then this fight goes to Superman and Hal. And don't underestimate Captain Marvel either. wink

batdude123
I was replying to your more versatil statement ummm GL is not more versatile then Thor and don't think I'm putting Gl down because I really like him just don't think he would win......

... And I was posting on your statement when you said that Hal wasn't much of a fighter. If a normal human can take a superhuman guy like Mongol, then I say that guy can fight.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by spideycarnage
the crossover fight between superman and Thor wasn't the most believable fight in my opinion. when Thor got KOed by superman, supes was off balanced sitting on the floor, Thor surely can take a punch harder than wat superman threw at him. Thor is much more durable than wat was depicted in the comic.. He's taken punches in the face form a enraged hulk, and also thanos without getting knocked out.

I agree. Fanboy crossover Supes propoganda....DC probably required Supes to win in order to do the crossover at all.

Problem is, that's all we have. They both have similarly awesome high-end feats so it's hard to say there, and the outcome of the fight is kinda hard to argue, even if we disagree.

GodofThunder
... And I was posting on your statement when you said that Hal wasn't much of a fighter. If a normal human can take a superhuman guy like Mongol, then I say that guy can fight.

no doubt he can fight but i just dont think that green lanterns power ring which only has 24 hours of power i see green lantern eatin alot of his own powers

batdude123
Study this:

Powers and abilities
All Green Lanterns wield a power ring that can generate a variety of effects and energy constructs, sustained purely by the ring wearer's strength of will. The greater the user's willpower, the more effective the ring. The limits of the power ring's abilities are not clearly defined and it has been referred to as "the most powerful weapon in the universe" on more than one occasion. Across the years, the ring has been shown capable of accomplishing anything within the imagination of the ring bearer.

Power rings allow the user to fly and to cover themselves and others with a protective force field, suitable for travelling through outer space. They can also generate beams and solid structures of energy that can be moved simply by thinking about doing so, enabling the user to create cages, transportation platforms, walls, and battering rams. The ring can also be used to search for energy signatures or particular objects. It can serve as a universal translator. The ring can manipulate sub-atomic particles (effectively producing new elements) and split atoms, but those powers are rarely used by Green Lanterns.

The rings of the Green Lantern Corps (GLC) appear to be semi-sentient computers, able to talk to and advise the user as to various courses of action.

Green Lantern Rings typically hold a limited charge. Alan Scott's ring and the Green Lantern Corps rings have time limits in that they must be recharged every 24 hours. Kyle Rayner's ring is limited by amount of energy it holds, but no set time limit; the energy is expended by Rayner's use of the ring, so the duration of each charge is determined by his actions.

The Green Lantern rings are often recharged by a portable power cell that looks like an old fashioned lantern that is colored green. The user typically points the ring into the lantern, and usually gives a Green Lantern oath as the password to recharge the ring.

Alan Scott's ring cannot directly affect objects made of wood, and Green Lantern Corps rings cannot directly affect objects colored yellow. Originally it was believed that the Guardians wanted the rings to have a weakness to prevent a Green Lantern from becoming all powerful, although recent events have revealed that the yellow "impurity" was in fact a yellow-energy being of pure fear, trapped in the Central Power Battery. Lanterns have typically found ways to get around these limitations by affecting objects indirectly. For example, if the Lantern is faced with a yellow gas approaching him, a fan can be created to blow it away since the fan only directly affects the normal air around it, not the gas. Kyle Rayner's ring can affect both wooden and yellow objects, but his mind has proven to be susceptible to forms of external control (such as hallucinogens, psychic attacks, and other phenomena that disrupt his thought processes). Nowadays, a holder of a Corps ring can overcome the yellow weakness by recognizing the fear behind it, and facing that fear (Green Lantern (4th series) #1, July, 2005).

In addition, the effectiveness of a wielder's power ring can be adversely affected by a weakening of resolve and will. For example during the Millennium affair, Hal Jordan fought a Manhunter who psychologically attacked him in the battle to make him doubt that the people he was protecting valued the principles he was fighting for. Jordan's resolve began to weaken and his ring lost effectiveness until he was nearly defeated. However, one of his charges then struck the Manhunter and declared that she did deeply value Jordan's principles as well. With this dramatic affirmation, Jordan's faith in his cause was restored and the ring instantly returned to full power to defeat the Manhunter.

Green Lantern Corps rings typically reserve a small portion of their power for a passive force field that "protects the wielder from mortal harm". In dire emergency, that energy reserve can be tapped, at the expense of said protection, until it too is exhausted. Kyle Rayner's reconfigured ring can "run low", but never completely loses its charge; however, it doesn't shield him from harm if he's caught off-guard.

A typical Green Lantern Corps power ring.The GLC rings do not necessarily have to be worn to be wielded in some functions. For instance, the Green Lantern, Ch'p, once faced a hostage situation where the villain demanded he take off his ring or the hostage would be harmed. Ch'p complied, but not before ordering the ring to fire a restraining beam on the villain seconds after being removed from physical contact (which was done, and the villain was captured). Rayner can will his ring to return to him if it is ever removed or lost. Although never explicitly mentioned, Hal Jordan and other Green Lanterns have also exhibited the ability to summon their rings at substantial distances. Jordan has even used sheer willpower to get ahold of his power ring and gain control of it when other people were wearing it. Precisely how this is accomplished is never made clear, though it might be that the ring's artificial intelligence recognizes the call of its rightful bearer and activates some preset protocol causing it to return to the Green Lantern who owns it. (The flight rings of the Legion of Super-Heroes work in a similar fashion, being attuned specifically to their wearer.)

GLC rings can also be used to emit simulated radiation from Green Kryptonite. This radiation is apparently just as powerful and painful to Superman and other Kryptonians as the genuine rays, but the ring wielder needs to concentrate to maintain this effect. An alien imposter who stole Jordan's ring used this ability to subdue Superman in order to kill him, only to be struck by Jordan to break his concentration to allow Superman to recover and attack.

Standard Green Lantern Corps and Alan Scott's rings can be used by anyone who wears them. Rayner's ring is keyed to his genetic pattern and is useless to anyone else, except for Hal Jordan, as shown in Green Lantern (3rd series) #99. However, this has also been subsequently changed. As of "Green Lantern: Rebirth", only people with exceptional wills can use power rings, a restriction which makes uses of the rings by average individuals improbable. Still, the requirements needed to wield a power ring have changed sporadically across the years, often creating continuity errors. In some incarnations a power ring can only be used by someone who literally has no concept of fear and is completely honest. In the Elseworlds tale "Red Son," for example, Lex Luthor is unable to use the ring found on the dead Abin Sur since he is quite obviously a dishonest figure and must give the ring to that reality's Hal Jordan, a slightly unhinged figure who nevertheless exhibits fearlessness, honesty, and an uncommon will. But in the paperback "The Road Back," Hal and Guy Gardner temporarily lose their rings to two smalltown rubes at a diner when they unwisely decide to brawl without using their powers. The hicks are able to wield the power rings with apparent ease until they are subdued by Jordan and Gardner. Sometimes a Green Lantern must literally be brave and honest to even use the ring, sometimes it's just recommended. It remains to be seen whether or not power rings will be kept out of the hands of average people in the post "Rebirth" Green Lantern series. Allowing power rings to fall into the wrong hands has been a favorite plot device in many previous Green Lantern stories.

Normally an individual will only receive a power ring upon the death of the previous wielder, and then only if they pass the criteria for membership in the Corps. Often, the search for a new wielder is consciously initiated by a current Green Lantern when he realizes death is imminent, but it has also been demonstrated that a ring can conduct such a search on its own if circumstances require it. Also, though it is frequently implied that there are a fixed and finite number of power rings in existence, many stories show power rings creating duplicates of themselves for the purpose of arming auxiliary Green Lanterns. During a particular story arc in which a pre-Parallax Hal Jordan was cast forward in time to meet Kyle Rayner, it was stated that a ring of the Green Lantern Corps had the ability to duplicate itself without limit, thus allowing the entire Corps to be reconstituted from a single ring if necessary.

GodofThunder
ok so this means nuthin to me why because its still completely power and Thor absorbs it

GodofThunder
a neat little gadget there but still useless against soemone with no weakness or vulnerability to powers

batdude123
Who says that Hal Jordan goes after Thor anyway? He could go after Captain Marvel and defeat him. The Thor and Superman fight would take so freakin long, that Hal could finish off CM and come and double team Thor. Thor would be overwhemled and then he would die.

GodofThunder
Who says that Hal Jordan goes after Thor anyway? He could go after Captain Marvel and defeat him. The Thor and Superman fight would take so freakin long, that Hal could finish off CM and come and double team Thor. Thor would be overwhemled and then he would die.

Now this i would have to say is true sigh but then again captain Marvel can dance around for 24 hours then take Hal then 2 vs 1 on supes

batdude123
Now this i would have to say is true sigh but then again captain Marvel can dance around for 24 hours then take Hal then 2 vs 1 on supes

But then again, Hal would take the majority over CM. wink

GodofThunder
But then again, Hal would take the majority over CM. wink

mayby but im not saying kill the guy just stay away from him for a while i mean he can take a few hits and he is also prett quick

batdude123
mayby but im not saying kill the guy just stay away from him for a while i mean he can take a few hits and he is also prett quick

I doubt CM would evade Hal for all that long considering that's not his style.

GodofThunder
style has nuthin to do with it i mean u do wat u need to do to live he has the powers to dodge all day and that is all that is needed to take hal out

batdude123
style has nuthin to do with it i mean u do wat u need to do to live he has the powers to dodge all day and that is all that is needed to take hal out

Well, let's just say this: He wouldn't be able to dodge Hal for that long. wink

kgkg
gotta go with Supes and Hal

JohnR
Thor and CM take it. I'd give Thor odds against Superman or GL. CM's a decent matchup against the other. So IMO it'll eventually be 2 against 1.

D-Block
CM is Just as powerful as Superman and Thor He does not need to stay away from GL He can take him out and then Thor and CM can beat SM together or Thor can beat him solo

batdude123
bumpity smokin'

D-Block
Bump you. CM can take out GL and Thor can take out SM.

batdude123
Originally posted by D-Block
Bump you. CM can take out GL and Thor can take out SM.

GL can take out CM and Superman can take out Thor. smile

Validus
I don't see Supes and Hal having much trouble here. I see Superman's speed trumping Thor's versatility any day of the week and a top level GL like Hal should have it all over flying bricks IMO.

badabing
I disagree with everybody. We can debate back and forth about who's team has more power. I personally think that the teams are evenly matched. I give the advanyage to Supes and GL because they are more efficient at operating as a team. Superman and Lantern 6/10.

batdude123
Originally posted by badabing
I disagree with everybody. We can debate back and forth about who's team has more power. I personally think that the teams are evenly matched. I give the advanyage to Supes and GL because they are more efficient at operating as a team. Superman and Lantern 6/10.

I agree with this, however I also agree with Validus in that Superman's speed trumps Thor's versatility. That's what Thunderstrike never seemed to realize. erm

badabing
Thor does have some speed feats but not nearly the amount or level that Superman has showed. With Thor's speed, it's more like something I assumed he has but rarely uses.

batdude123
Originally posted by badabing
Thor does have some speed feats but not nearly the amount or level that Superman has showed. With Thor's speed, it's more like something I assumed he has but rarely uses.

However, this feat right here is seven times faster than anything Thor has ever shown. yes

Validus
However, this feat right here is seven times faster than anything Thor has ever shown. yes
Not in travel speed which is what that feat is but Superman's combat speed totally eclipses Thor. I don't think he'd have trouble dodging any of his uber attacks that some think would guarantee Thor the win.

badabing
It's hard to argue with that crazy a$$ speed. Honestly, I am biased toward Thor when giving the benefit of the doubt. embarrasment

batdude123
Besides, Thor has always had trouble with his attack speed. Just look how he faired against Mongoose. Superman on the other hand, specializes in attack speed. yes

batdude123
Originally posted by Validus
Not in travel speed which is what that feat is but Superman's combat speed totally eclipses Thor. I don't think he'd have trouble dodging any of his uber attacks that some think would guarantee Thor the win.

You beat me to it. embarrasment

batdude123
wink

badabing
Originally posted by Validus
I for one would never guarantee a win against Superman. It's more like "a leap of faith" for me when it comes to Thor's abilities concerning speed. I've rarely seen them, but I choose to assume that he has them. Not a good policy on this forum, but one I choose with some of my favorites. embarrasment

Accel
wink
That scan is nice, but it's vague about Supes's speed. I've seen Spider-Man pull off the same stuff against Absorbing Man.

badabing
Don't get me wrong Batdude and Validus, I'm not arguing that Supes is bada$$, but I believe that Thor is equally bada$$. I don't think it's demeaning to Superman to say he and Thor would be an even match. I also picked Superman and the Lantern to win this battle 6/10.

batdude123
Originally posted by Accel
That scan is nice, but it's vague about Supes's speed. I've seen Spider-Man pull off the same stuff against Absorbing Man.

There is some more I have with him fighting Mongul. However, Thor seems to have a problem with combat speed on the level of Superman.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.