Lackadaisy Noir Comic

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Aliies
Lackadaisy is a creation of the very talented Tracy JB, her work is on display at www.foxprints.com under Ainessa.
It is set in the glorious late 1920's, set around an illegal bootlegging business in St. Louis called the Lackadaisy Speakeasy.
The three main faces are Rocky Rickaby, Calvin 'Freckle' McMurray and Miss Mitzi May...

My version simply dubbed Lackadaisy Noir and done so with her permission tells the story around the Lackadaisy Gang's actions and the effects on the world around them, basically a whole string of short stories.

To start off, a picture by Tracy which I consider the Lackadaisy Titlepage:

Aliies
Without further jargon, my first Noir comic page (The first three pages are different to how I draw them now; I get better with each one!):

Aliies
Without further jargon, my first three Noir comic pages (The first three pages are different to how I draw them now; I get better with each one!):
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f352/Aliies/Aliies___Lackadaisy_Noir_Pt__1_by_A.jpg
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f352/Aliies/Aliies___Lackadaisy_Noir_Pt__2_by_A.jpg
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f352/Aliies/LackadaisyComic3.jpg

((for some reason it attached a copy of the first page at the bottom and repeated this post at the start >.<?))

Aliies
Part four, the others were done some time ago now but this was completed just days ago:
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f352/Aliies/Lackadaisynoir001copy.jpg

_Sanctuary_
They're great. yes

Aliies
Glad to hear that, there are more underway!

Aliies
much has changed in both the way I draw them and my future ideas for the strip...

to show an example, here's a fully colored example. though the comic will be stained black and white these look great on character sheets!

Aliies
Part five as done a while ago... almost forgot about this thread!

Aliies
and the 6th, seventh is underway...

Sanctuary
Cool. big grin

Syren
clapping

They're great! Once polished they'll look even better. I'm subscribing to this thread big grin

IceJaw
Originally posted by Syren
clapping

They're great! Once polished they'll look even better. I'm subscribing to this thread big grin

Aliies
The comic take a While to choreograph, but the designs are getting more and more intricate... big grin

Subscriptions? YAY stick out tongue big grin

Aliies
Well, you best start gathering your subscriptions big grin

FINALLY, I PROUDLY PRESENT THE NEW LACKADAISY NOIR: ACT 1 PART 1!

three months of refining the technique and thus is the result, thanks to all who were patient enough to wait!

Weeping Fairy
Awesome job!!!!! eek! You've got real talent big grin

~Forever*Alone~
neeto!

Aliies
well, it's great to know people enjoy my work... Thanks big grin

Aliies
and just to be completely spontaneous, this evil little munchikin is me when I play totallitarianistic games like Black & White 2... You get to be a god! big grin

He was drawn at work when I had no ideas and I decided to look at Tracy's how to draw lackadaisy pic... he's built from the base template that she drew...

Hope you like me when I'm incomprehensible big grin

Syren
big grin Great job!

Aliies
heh, that good huh? He was so simple the draw too!

Lana
Originally posted by Aliies
and just to be completely spontaneous, this evil little munchikin is me when I play totallitarianistic games like Black & White 2... You get to be a god! big grin

He was drawn at work when I had no ideas and I decided to look at Tracy's how to draw lackadaisy pic... he's built from the base template that she drew...

Hope you like me when I'm incomprehensible big grin

That's awesome big grin

Sanity is so overrated stick out tongue

Aliies
Thanks lana, means alot...

At least we know that sanity is a big price to pay for being normal...
That's why I believe that to be an artist in this world, you need to have more than just a touch of section-8 in you!

IF I was in the army, they'd lock me up for being Section-8 stick out tongue

Aliies
this is my first serious work on proffesional art paper for a very long time, I call it 'montage of the mafia', depicting three characters;
Don vito (Top)
His eldest son, Michael (Right)
his youngest son, Anthony (Front)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.