Superboy Prime vs Popeye the Sailor.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Laminator_X
They both seem capable of doing impossable things by punching and are insanely fast and durable. I would say that the Brat of Steel clearly has the edge in mobility, and Popeye probably couldn't move a planet without first ingesting his spinach. Just the same, Popeye is far more unpredictable and is a far more experienced fighter.

Discuss.

spideycarnage
superboy prime can't even beat galactus, wat will make anyone belive that he a chance against Popeye

Grimm22
Popeye eats a planet full of Spinich

Goes and knocks Superboys head off.

Popeye pwns Superboy laughing

Laminator_X
Originally posted by Grimm22

Popeye pwns Superboy laughing

Punching his head clean off wouldn't so much be Popeye's style, but he might do something like punch him so hard that his cape became Superman bedsheets, his tights Superboy footie-pajamas, and his armor a Superboy Lunchbox that would fall open to reveal Darth Clark's head inside with "X"'s in his eyes.

I think his heatvision is probably SBP's best chance.

Thunderstrike
Popeye kicks his ass.

roughrider
Heh heh...the little blue crybaby's in for it now... big grin

grey fox
Originally posted by Grimm22

Popeye pwns Super boy laughing

WRONG !!!

Popeye eats a single can of spinach and then punches Super boy prime so hard it causes him to separate into Pre-crisis supes , Kon-el and SBP's human form.

Tshern
Popeye only needs spinach in the cartoon, the comic book version is just a hardboiled badass. He's probably at least as strong as SBP, but Popeye has some high-end matter manipulation. He could just punch SBP to turn him to a toaster.

badabing
Can't Popeye warp reality also?

illadelph12
Heat vison won't hurt Popeye, he's punch back through magic bolts from wizards and fire breath from dragons. Superboy Prime is about a million times faster though. It's going to be hard for Popeye to land a punch, but if he does, Superboy Prime gets transmuted into a crying baby in a crib in a blue diaper.

I say 3 cans of spinach does the job. Maybe 4 cans.

Laminator_X
Popeye's family's powers are thought to be semi-magical in nature (another point against SBP), owing to their descent from Hercules and/or a blessing from the Greek gods. In function, he reminds me of Characters in Fables like Bigby Wolf and Boy Blue

Crease
laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud ...this thread just made my day.

grey fox
Originally posted by Laminator_X
Popeye's family's powers are thought to be semi-magical in nature (another point against SBP), owing to their descent from Hercules and/or a blessing from the Greek gods. In function, he reminds me of Characters in Fables like Bigby Wolf and Boy Blue

Boy Blue isn't all that , without the Vorpal Blade and Witching coat he's ordinary (Or as ordinary as fairy-tales get)

The vorpal blade is the ultimate sword though , magical , eternally sharp , able to cut anything in twain . It is truly the sword masters sword.

Laminator_X
Originally posted by grey fox
Boy Blue isn't all that , without the Vorpal Blade and Witching coat he's ordinary (Or as ordinary as fairy-tales get)

The vorpal blade is the ultimate sword though , magical , eternally sharp , able to cut anything in twain . It is truly the sword masters sword.

Well of course, the Vorpal Blade goes "Snicker-Snack!" and it's curtains for whomever's on the receiving end of it. However, Blue is the only Fable sofar with a respect thread as far as I know, so I tossed him out as an example. I think Popeye operates in a similar league.

Now Redcross Knight, there was a swordsman...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.