Bush's Spanish: No muy bueno

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Morgoths_Wrath
WASHINGTON (AP) -- President Bush likes to drop a few words of Spanish in his speeches and act like he's proficient in the language. But he's really not that good, his spokesman said Thursday.

"The president can speak Spanish but not that well," White House press secretary Scott McClellan said. "He's not that good with his Spanish."

McClellan's comment was noticeable because presidential press secretaries usually boast about a president's ability rather than talk about any shortcomings. McClellan is in the last days of his job, leaving the White House next week.

McClellan made his remark in response to a report that Bush had sung the Star-Spangled Banner in Spanish during the 2000 campaign. Just last week Bush said the national anthem should be sung in English, not Spanish.

"It's absurd," McClellan said of the report, suggesting that Bush couldn't have sung it in Spanish even if he had wanted to.

laughing

It's a good point. I mean, the man struggles a great deal even with his English!

Bush's Spanish Skills: No muy bueno

Bush: Sing 'Star-Spangled Banner' in English

Quiero Mota
Bush's Spanish really sucks. He sounds like a typical white boy struggling to pronounce simple Spanish words and phrases.

But I'll admit that his Spanish seems to be better than his English.

NineCoronas
I love the "White Boy" insult, then people scream racism when you get "Mexican Boy" or "Spic" thrown back at you.

Ronny
I took 9 years of basic Spanish classes in elementry school and I still cant understand what the hell hes saying blink

Ronny
Originally posted by NineCoronas
I love the "White Boy" insult, then people scream racism when you get "Mexican Boy" or "Spic" thrown back at you. I have never heard "Mexican boy" and my school is half mexican. And I dont agree with the whole racist against Whities thing either but it happens. Thats what we get for the fools in our race shouting "Wetbacks" and trying to stop people from rightfully sharing their earth. America is a nation of crackers and its natural for people to sterotype it.

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by NineCoronas
I love the "White Boy" insult, then people scream racism when you get "Mexican Boy" or "Spic" thrown back at you.

Some people's idea of freedom speech is that they can say whatever they like to whomever they like, but when someone else says something back, its absurd and sometimes racist.

yes

(I adopted that quote from Winston Churchil)

The Omega
I don't see anyone insulting "white boys", just Boy George.
Is that Bushism? big grin

NineCoronas
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
Some people's idea of freedom speech is that they can say whatever they like to whomever they like, but when someone else says something back, its absurd and sometimes racist.

yes

(I adopted that quote from Winston Churchil) Good quote.

PVS
R.I.P. topic

Ronny
Originally posted by PVS
R.I.P. topic laughing out loud

debbiejo
No comprendo mucho........Es su madre in el bano??....

Quiero Mota
Originally posted by debbiejo
No comprendo mucho........Es su madre in el bano??....

laughing out loud

Tired Hiker
Well, this white boy, me, had to go shoot the immigration march on the Las Vegas strip last Monday night. As far as my eye could see, there was nothing but Mexicans. I never saw so many Mexicans in my life! It was amazing! All those Mexicans, so amazing!

Inspectah Deck
Originally posted by Ronny
America is a nation of crackers and its natural for people to sterotype it.

laughing @ "Nation of crackers"

You can't say you despise racism and use racial slurs in the same sentence.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Inspectah Deck
laughing @ "Nation of crackers"

You can't say you despise racism and use racial slurs in the same sentence.

Well she is a cracker....we may call each other that.....no wait, we actually say cracka that's much less offensive....but you better not be black and use it...I'll get my crackas and we'll rip you another *******.

Quiero Mota
Originally posted by Tired Hiker
I never saw so many Mexicans in my life! It was amazing! All those Mexicans, so amazing!
laughing

They're probably a bunch of illegals who work at the various hotels.

PVS
Originally posted by Tired Hiker
Well, this white boy, me, had to go shoot the immigration march on the Las Vegas strip last Monday night. As far as my eye could see, there was nothing but Mexicans. I never saw so many Mexicans in my life! It was amazing! All those Mexicans, so amazing!

it must have taken at least 5 vans to bring em all there.

oh shit that was bad *runs away*

debbiejo
Hey Mexican people make great food!!..........I know I had some today....And it wasn't no Taco Bell.

Es muy delicioso....Me gustaria verte desnudo!
Y esto fue asombraso. Por favor puedes desatarme ahora?

JacopeX
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=833D6z_KYes

laughing this alwayz crax me up

Quiero Mota
Originally posted by PVS
it must have taken at least 5 vans to bring em all there.

oh shit that was bad *runs away*

laughing out loud

Quiero Mota
Originally posted by debbiejo
Hey Mexican people make great food!!..........I know I had some today....And it wasn't no Taco Bell.

Es muy delicioso....Me gustaria verte desnudo!
Y esto fue asombraso. Por favor puedes desatarme ahora?

Yep, go to any restaurant, and whether it's Mexican, Italian, Chinese, Japanese, Vietnamese, Indian....the kitchen is always full of Mexicans.

Mexicans can cook anything.

KidRock
They can mow a hell of a lawn as well.

Capt_Fantastic
Originally posted by Quiero Mota

Are you sure about that? What happens when they're paired with the wrong resturant?

Originally posted by KidRock
They can mow a hell of a lawn as well.

I guess you can always mow lawns for a living...."always" being the operative word.

botankus
Originally posted by Ronny
I have never heard "Mexican boy" and my school is half mexican.
I think it's time to add yet another file to the Answering Your Own Question department. We may need to invest in a file cabinet one of these days.

PVS
yeah, pretty much. doubt you would hear a white kid say the n word in a school thats half black.

debbiejo
You know, I've always liked Huevos Rancheros....Yummm breakfest food...

http://www.batista.org/huevos.html

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by Quiero Mota
Yep, go to any restaurant, and whether it's Mexican, Italian, Chinese, Japanese, Vietnamese, Indian....the kitchen is always full of Mexicans.

Very true...you can even see them in the back cooking. Specially in those 1 dollar Chinese food places.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.