Did Luke use Choke force in ROTJ?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

steverules
When he enters Jabba's palace and those two pig's try and stop him he uses the force and the grab their necks like something was around them.

Swirly Girl
No, he uses "Force Oesophagus Crush"...

steverules
WTF is that?

Swirly Girl
A technique that Luke learnt from Yoda, according to Lucas.

Sesse
Yes and he is very sorry about it.
Case closed.

DarthMaul9123
hmm someone didnt take their idiot pills...ever cause what do you think that they were doing laughing

jollyjim311
No, he used the force to make them grab their necks and suffocate themselves. That way it's indirect and he doesn't get a dark side point!

By the way, this has been discussed. Umm, why not point out every little flaw in Luke? Didn't the Jedi council go to fraking war in the PT?

Blaxican Style
No. They didn't. The Aotc movie was just a thing of your imagination

Sesse
By the way, where was Yodas toilet in Dagobah?

We never see Luke visiting it?

truejedi
actually, i had never realized that either. I kinda thought that he used mind tricks. interesting that Yoda would teach him that....

Ushgarak
Only because the EU has made it out to be some totally evil power that corrupts you.

Look, it's just telekinesis. it is using the Force to squeeze- no different, in theory, than using the Force to push, pull or lift. It's not a secxret technique, nor a Dark Side technique, and as ever, Light or Dark depends on your actions not what powers you use. Luke didn't kill them. As far as non-lethal subdual goes, it's actually quite effective. I mean, what else could he have done? Killed them? Knocked them out, with the same final result?

Nothing odd at all.

Flammable Fun
Originally posted by jollyjim311
No, he used the force to make them grab their necks and suffocate themselves. That way it's indirect and he doesn't get a dark side point!

Umm, no... He Force Gripped their necks... They were just grabbing their necks in a failing attempt to stop the grip... Same reason Padme did it.

steverules
So didn't Luke do it as well? I'm sure he forced gripped their neck's just like Vader does.

Tangible God
Yes he did, but his intention was not to kill them. And they didn't die, just backed away.

It's your intentions that lead to the Dark Side. Gripping someone's neck with the Force is no different than gripping your lightsaber and pulling it to you.

Sesse
No. Absolutely not!

Anakin had always the best of intentions and down went the jedi.

He wanted peace, freedom and effective government.
He was protecting Padme by protecting Sidious from Mace.
He was protecting the Republic by wiping out the separatists in Mustafar.
He was protecting Padme by Obeying Sidious to wipe out the Younglings.

If things are done at peace, mindfully observing and patiently and gently participating, then a Jedi has done the right thing. No matter how the events turn out.

"But how do I know the good side from the bad?"
"You will know, when calm, at peace, passive..."
"A jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defence, NEVER for attack!"

DarthLazious
Luke did use the Darkside twice to be honest in ROTJ.

DiamondBullets
Originally posted by steverules
When he enters Jabba's palace and those two pig's try and stop him he uses the force and the grab their necks like something was around them.

Yes.

Sin Harvest
Originally posted by Ushgarak
Only because the EU has made it out to be some totally evil power that corrupts you.

Look, it's just telekinesis. it is using the Force to squeeze- no different, in theory, than using the Force to push, pull or lift. It's not a secxret technique, nor a Dark Side technique, and as ever, Light or Dark depends on your actions not what powers you use. Luke didn't kill them. As far as non-lethal subdual goes, it's actually quite effective. I mean, what else could he have done? Killed them? Knocked them out, with the same final result?

Nothing odd at all.

Ush makes a really good point. The powers you learn don't determine whether you are Light Side of Dark Side but the actions you take determines that. The EU makes Force Choke seem like a hardcore Dark Side move.

Anthony$Billy
luke jsut made them choke them selves/

KingDubya
Originally posted by Sesse
And he failed in all those ventures.

BlaxicanTroller
Originally posted by KingDubya
And he failed in all those ventures.

But his intentions were good. So the outcome is irrelevent.

KingDubya
And even though his intentions were good, he turned because of his fear for Padme's life (which was the cause of those good intentions), which led to anger against the Jedi Order who wouldn't help him, which led to hate for the Jedi Order and Obi-Wan, which led to his suffering after Padme's death. His good intentions led him to the dark side because he let his emotions get the best of him.

MadMel
i agree with both ush and dubya...force choke is part of tk, which is neutral, and aniken let his emotions go, and didnt follow yoda's advice of detatchment..same thing happened with luke and bespin...

Darth Vious
I've always thought that it was unnecessarily aggressive of Luke to do that to the guards, then again, there are a lot of things about Luke I don't agree with... His attraction to his sister being one of them...

FistOfThe North
To me it looked like a combination of Force-Choke and Force-Pull.

Force Choke cause, well, they were chocking and with Force-Push he kinda made the, "Get the fcuk outta my way" gesture as if pushing them to the side while they simultaneously backed of.

Or they could've just been trying to get away from him thinking the farther away the got from Luke the less potent whatever he was doing to them, would be.

Darth Kreiger
Originally posted by Sesse
No. Absolutely not!

Anakin had always the best of intentions and down went the jedi.

If things are done at peace, mindfully observing and patiently and gently participating, then a Jedi has done the right thing. No matter how the events turn out.

"But how do I know the good side from the bad?"
"You will know, when calm, at peace, passive..."
"A jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defence, NEVER for attack!"

Obi-Wan said it was all about Point of View

Sesse
"In my point of view the Jedi are evil!"
"Then you are lost!"

Yea, but the poit of view can be wrong as well.

overlord
It's not a force push or pull at all as Ushgarak said, it's clearly force choke. Just rewatch the scene, the guy loses conscience.

Jam-Jul_Lison
Originally posted by KingDubya
And even though his intentions were good, he turned because of his fear for Padme's life (which was the cause of those good intentions), which led to anger against the Jedi Order who wouldn't help him, which led to hate for the Jedi Order and Obi-Wan, which led to his suffering after Padme's death. His good intentions led him to the dark side because he let his emotions get the best of him.

You are correct. Who would have guessed that Yoda was talking about Anakin before the PT in ESB?

"Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering."

Now as for Luke's force choke. Come on now. He was using it simply to subdue them. He used the lightside to do it. He looked realy calm when he did it. Not a trace of anger or hatred.

Rampant ox
Originally posted by Jam-Jul_Lison

Now as for Luke's force choke. Come on now. He was using it simply to subdue them. He used the lightside to do it. He looked realy calm when he did it. Not a trace of anger or hatred.

I agree. But Luke looking calm is irrelevant. Dooku looked calm, even relaxed, when he blasted Anakin across the room with sith lightning. This doesnt mean he was an avid lightsider. This was just the attitude and stature that he had.

Kaos sebaceous
i dont think force powers have to be classified as a light side or darkside power

i think thats just video game crap

overlord
It was just a force move in the time of the OT. Vader could pull it off, Luke now aswell. It didn't matter back then, why should it now?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.