Jedi Revan (Post Star Forge) VS Darth Maul (TPM) and Count Dooku (ROTS)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

zephiel7
On Jabba's sail barge.

I say Revan wins.

Maul and Dooku would not be able to co-ordinate their attacks well. If they both go lightsaber on him, they will risk a high chance of hurting each other.

If Dooku tries to use the lightning while Maul occupies Revan, then he would risk killing his companion.

Revan takes down Maul quickly and efficiently. The battle is then between Dooku and Revan. Dooku is a strong duelist and force user, but Revan is better. He takes it.

Mysterious Man
I'm not so sure about that.

zephiel7
Originally posted by Mysterious Man
Dooku and Maul WTFpwn him.

Interesting... proof?

Swirly Girl
Yeah, cause we know absolutely everything about post-starforge revan.

Mysterious Man
First,you underestimate them both,Dooku has mastered Makashi as well as Maul has mastered Juyo aswell.They aren't going to be foolish enough to pull what you just described in your other post.Dooku can easily fend of Revan while Maul comes up from behind and attacks him.Three blades against one,two guys who have mastered their lightsaber forms.Revan doesn't stand a chance.

@Traya:That too.

zephiel7
-We do know he defeated Star Forge empowered Darth Malak multiple times.

-We also know that he regained the knowlege he had obtained as the Dark Lord of the Sith.

-He was known to call down lightning from the sky to kill his enemies (Proof Rakatan's account)

-The knowlege he gained at Malachor was substantial. Traya herself was able to develop an instantkill technique, born of the darkside (A move from which there is no defense)

-He possessed Echani precognition beyond the scope of Echani elders (people who could foresee the outcome of wars). This would definately benefit him in a lightsaber duel.

Put in the context of a duel, these definately help him out against his adversaries. I seriously doubt that Maul could co-ordinate his attacks with Dooku. Maul was taken down by a padawan Kenobi. A Jedi of Revan's calibur would WTFpwn him. Dooku would put up a fight, but he is outforced and outsabered.

Razielim
Revan wins. Dooku would give him a bit of trouble but Maul goes down fast.

Motoko Sama
Revan = Zeus?

Mysterious Man
Maybe so,but Malak was a weak fool(to quote Traya),he was only a Dark Lord through lies and cowardly deception,he wasn't that powerful,he was defeated and ran from Revan on the Leviathan,thats proof he was a coward and not as powerful right there.And even with the power of the SF,he's still overconfident and has underestimated Revan before

Uh,no.He never did regain ALL of that knowledge,he was regaining it slowly,but most likely only gained a quarter of it back.

Before he lost his memories maybe,but he probably only gained about a quarter of his memeories and knowledge back

Again,this was before he lost his memories.We have no proof he gained this back.

We have no proof that he ever had nor did he get back this unique power
That was because Kenobi gave into the Darkside after he saw his own master get killed.And that Maul underestimated him just for being a Padawan.Don't underestimate Dooku and Maul,they aren't as stupid as you make them out to be.

Razielim
Maybe so,but Malak was a weak fool(to quote Traya),he was only a Dark Lord through lies and cowardly deception.

I want the exact quote on this. Malak was no Palpatine. He was no manipulator. He was a brute. He was like Maul, kinda like Vader... He was the most powerful in a Sith Order of at least 3,000 Dark Jedi.

Uh,no.He never did regain ALL of that knowledge,he was regaining it slowy,but most likely only gained a quarter of it back.

Play KOTOR II. He regains nearly all of it a few months after KOTOR.

zephiel7
Maybe so,but Malak was a weak fool(to quote Traya),he was only a Dark Lord through lies and cowardly deception.

Uh,no.He never did regain ALL of that knowledge,he was regaining it slowy,but most likely only gained a quarter of it back.

Before he lost his memories maybe,but he probably only gained about a quarter of his memeories and knowledge back

Again,this was before he lost his memories

We have no proof that he ever had nor did he get back this unique power
That was because Kenobi gave into the Darkside after he saw his own master get killed.And that Maul underestimated him just for being a Padawan.Don't underestimate Dooku and Maul,they aren't as stupid as you make them out to be.

1)Malak was the strongest duelist of his time (other than Revan). With the power of the Star Forge, he was undoubtedly several times enhanced in both combat and force abilities. This puts him above Dooku, when Revan beat him, by a hell of a margin.

2)Those numbers are wrong. It was narrated in KOTOR 2 that Revan regained all his knowledge as the dark lord of the sith after a period of 5 years after the events that transpired on the Star Forge. His memories were compeltly returned to him. That was how he remembered the ancient Sith.

3)Obi Wan giving into the dark side doesn't mean much. Kenobi was still a padawan. The power he gained through the dark side is not considerable enough to pardon Maul's failure. After all Anakin's sudden burst of anger got him pwned by Obi Wan (Mustafasar). I doubt that anger was a substantial boost, especially for a Padawan.

Dooku and Maul maybe powerful Sith of the PT era. Then again, how many Lords of the Sith walked the days of PT?

Mysterious Man
You just answered your own question.

I have played it,DS and LS.In DS(which ISN'T canon BTW) Bastilla says he is still regaining it,and then did he realize about the true Sith,and then left.He was still regaining it,YOU play the game back,then you'll see that I'm right.

zephiel7
Post Star Forge Revan regained all the knowledge in a period of 5 YEARS after the events of the Star Forge. He left for the outer rims at time before that.

I forgot to respond to this. Precognition is a sixth sense. If you lose your memory, you do not lose a sense. It sticks, despite the fact that he regained everything anyways.

Mysterious Man
Are you getting this from Wiki?If you are,then this is total BS,Malak wasn't the strongest duelist of his time,read the NEC,it states him being powerful,but mentions that others besides Revan and him were powerful enough to take him down.

Then show me the exactr quote on this.It only he says he gains back some of his ememory then remembers the True Sith(and only Bastilla says this if you pick Revan as DS,Kreia only says he remembers them,but doesn't mention him gaining all his memeories back.

Thats the biggest bunch of BS if Ive ever heard it.Read the TPM novel,it says that if he didn't give into the DS that one time,he probably wouldn't ve survived against Maul's assault.

Again,you underestimate them both,you mostly have no proof to back up your statements.Maul and Dooku mastered their owns forms,it doesn't say (atleast,not anywhere that I klnow of),that Revan mastered his own form of dueling.

zephiel7
Are you getting this from Wiki?If you are,then this is total BS,Malak wasn't the strongest duelist of his time,read the NEC,it states him being powerful,but mentions that others besides Revan and him were powerful enough to take him down.

Then show me the exactr quote on this.It only he says he gains back some of his ememory then remembers the True Sith(and only Bastilla says this if you pick Revan as DS,Kreia only says he remembers them,but doesn't mention him gaining all his memeories back.

Thats the biggest bunch of BS if Ive ever heard it.Read the TPM novel,it says that if he didn't give into the DS that one time,he probably wouldn't ve survived against Maul's assault.

Again,you underestimate them both,you mostly have no proof to back up your statements.Maul and Dooku mastered their owns forms,it doesn't say (atleast,not anywhere that I klnow of),that Revan mastered his own form of dueling.

1) Which is why Malak defeated Kavar? Kavar who was THE Jedi Weapon Master of the time? The best the order had known during kOTOR? List these Jedi who are allegedly stronger than Malak. I recall only a few masters of the order, Atris, Zez Kai, Vandar, Vrook, Zhar, and Kavar. All of these masters would be pwned by Malak.

2) The quote is in Traya's last words about Revan. I will try and find it. There is a quote from Malak though (have that save file at least)

"You are strong Revan, far stronger than you ever were in your reign as the Dark Lord"

Even Star Forge Revan was stronger than Dark Lord Revan. By that time, Malak had enough time to assess Revan's combat abilities. Malak was with Revan during the Mandalorian wars and saw what his master was capable of. His judgement would definately be accurate.

3) Obi Wan was s tooled by Dooku in AOTC and in ROTS, despite the amount of training he had since he was a padawan. Again Maul is a non factor having been beaten by a padawan Ben.

I have provided proof. Revan defeated Malak on board the Star Forge, he was regarded as the strongest duelist and force user of his time. Maul, regardless of mastering his "own" form, was beaten by a padawan. Dooku's "mastery of Makashi" will not be able to work well with Maul's double bladed style. There would be a problem when they try and mesh with each other. Look at Anakin and Obi Wan. Dooku easily held them back.

Revan mastering his own dueling style is self evident. Having defeated one of the best duelists of his time is proof enough. Just because the developers didn't have time to think up what dueling technique Revan mastered, his other feats show his skills with a lightsaber are better than either of his opponents.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.